Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

#4555 Mar 7, 2013
Columbus Native wrote:
<quoted text>As an independent voter I've always been for the sequestor since its inseption. Best part about it is that the big tax breaks for wealthy expire, military full of pork and kickbacks cut moderately, Justice department which includes the DEA cut more than moderatly. A very very good deal for all Americans except those who have offshore bank accounts and good connections with Boeing, Haliburton, Gruman Corp., etc.
as an independent voter ur spelling sux.

Since: Nov 08

Location hidden

#4556 Mar 7, 2013
all that wrote:
<quoted text>
Your dislike for the common man is showing AGAIN. Without Unions we would have NO middle class, argue that point. Corporations took advantage of workers until over time Unions stopped it. Corporations allowed Unions to gain advantage during the boom years when lots of money was flowing and made no real attempt to correct the mistake until the great recession. You seem to fault Unions for wanting wage increases, please give me the name of anyone who doesn't want just that. Unions have taken a huge hit recently, one that needed to be made. In some cases governments have in my opinion treated their union workers in a terrible way taking away things that were promised, just to gain public support and votes. A lot of those government jobs did not pay that well, but the benefits made it worthwhile. Not much difference from paying into a program like social security vs. getting paid less to be part of a program government with promised benefits. Just proves government has no problem taking away what it has agreed to give, if it’s politically advantageous to them. If the numbers worked in the politicians favor Social Security would be gone today! You should be very happy, over the last 20 years spendable income for middle American has declined, while your rich idols has increased, a lot.
Politicians take millions of dollars from ANYONE, not just Unions! They are an equal opportunity offender on both sides, you got the cash, you got a politicians attention. Today thanks to the current Supreme Court its possible for one person to get a candidate elected on a national level. And you won’t even know for sure who that person is, money is no problem. Georgia politicians for once have done something good,just recently. They have severely limiting what can be given by lobbiests and making it public record. One of the few things in recent memory they have done that made any sense. The feds need to do the same thing, but they won't as long as abortion, Mexicans, church in government and guns is all anyone seems to care about.
Now exactly whose fault is all that??
I dislike the common man.= Too pathetic to even address. Just liberal drivel.
Don't need unions NOW.
The common man doesn't hold the company HOSTAGE when he can't get his way. I don't feel the least bit sorry for ANY union member. They have lived very HIGH on the backs of those who actually DID fight for their wages. lol They'be been treated badly???? Why? Because they don't have luxury insurance for basically nothing. Because their wages have been brought down while MANY other middle class people don't even have a JOB? Give me a break.
Did I say ONLY unions pay for politicians? Where did I post that?
Wonder why people don't just cross picket lines? FEAR. Care to explain that?
I support Right to Work. You are wasting your time defending unions to me. I have a brain.

Location hidden

#4557 Mar 7, 2013
Columbus Native wrote:
<quoted text>Very strange how these republicans blame labor unions! Unions have been declining in membership for the past 30 years. Now Bibb City textile workers( non-union) lost their jobs to Mexico because Corp. America did'nt want to keep paying them a barely liveable wage in the 60,s and 70's of 3.25 an hour. No, no labor unions here but pure evil greed on the part of CEO's and their supporters.Now most republicans would'nt work for minimum wage but they expect you to do their manual labor for that or if they could for less. The minimum wage will be increased to 9.00 an hour and all these whinny republicans will have to accept it. Also they ARE going to pay more in tax cause WE plan on taking from the greedy b-stards.
Don't get too excited. Actually, the middle class(you and I ) will be carrying the burden. Wait and see. Heck! We already are. Certainly labor unions and their lobbyiest share in Obama's decisions. They paid for him. He made no secret about his support of labor unions. That's not news. Their membership should be declining. Not needed. If we are going to make everyone equal, let's mean it. BTW, I think 9:00 an hour is fine. Business owners probably won't and will cut back hours and not hire, but those who get to keep their jobs will be happy. Whiny repubicans? Gullible and uninformed democrats!
Your last sentence proves your wealth envy. It's not going to happen. They have too much money to let that happen. Seriously. It won't happen. Our government it telling you what you want to hear. It simply won't happen. Why do you think some very wealthy people support Obama? Ex. Oprah, Buffet, etc.?

Location hidden

#4558 Mar 7, 2013
Synergy wrote:
<quoted text>
I dislike the common man.= Too pathetic to even address. Just liberal drivel.
Don't need unions NOW.
The common man doesn't hold the company HOSTAGE when he can't get his way. I don't feel the least bit sorry for ANY union member. They have lived very HIGH on the backs of those who actually DID fight for their wages. lol They'be been treated badly???? Why? Because they don't have luxury insurance for basically nothing. Because their wages have been brought down while MANY other middle class people don't even have a JOB? Give me a break.
Did I say ONLY unions pay for politicians? Where did I post that?
Wonder why people don't just cross picket lines? FEAR. Care to explain that?
I support Right to Work. You are wasting your time defending unions to me. I have a brain.
Correction:....luxury insurance for basically paying nothing. Not DOING nothing.
Straw Man

Dahlonega, GA

#4559 Mar 7, 2013
Synergy wrote:
<quoted text>

I have a brain.

I see you have visited the Wizard.

Location hidden

#4560 Mar 7, 2013
This BRILLIANT man explains EXACTLY why I don't like the Obamas. I totally agree with every word he wrote. It's a little long, but absolutely worth the read.

http://mychal-massie.com/premium/why-i-do-not...

I'm not going to argue with anyone about this. This is how I feel and I don't have to explain my feelings. You have your feelings and I have mine. "nuff said.

Location hidden

#4561 Mar 7, 2013
Straw Man wrote:
<quoted text>
I see you have visited the Wizard.
I see you haven't.

Since: Jul 12

Douglasville, GA

#4562 Mar 7, 2013
This is exactly what I was talking bout in another post several days ago.
These old elite Republicrats need to go. They are RINO's and are political cowards. They never stand up for principle and always bow down to the elitist power structure. They always fall in line with the wishes of the progressives and are shameless cowards. McCain was a brave war hero but somewhere along the line he was either brain washed by the N. Viet Nam or just lost his way somewhere. Graham has openly claimed he was a progressive, has been in office way too long, and it shows.
They just want everybody to just sit down, shut up and not to make any waves. They are stars in "Lets Make a Deal". Two old incompetent farts that should have never been reelected. They are not Republicans and they are not conservatives. People such as these guys should be booted out of office or this country will not survive. Check out the link below.
http://www.washingtontimes.com/blog/inside-po...

Location hidden

#4563 Mar 7, 2013
This is pretty interesting. Of course, we already knew this, but seeing it again, just refreshes the problems ahead.

RESEARCH

Posted March 7, 2013
The Federal Reserve Finds That ObamaCare Is Responsible For Layoffs And High Health Care Costs

OBAMACARE IS FORCING EMPLOYERS TO LAY OFF WORKERS AND CUT BACK ON HIRING

“The Federal Reserve On Wednesday Released An Edition Of Its So-Called ‘Beige Book,’ That Said The 2010 Health Care Law Is Being Cited As A Reason For Layoffs And A Slowdown In Hiring.”(Pete Kasperowicz,“Fed: Obama’s Health Law Leading To Layoffs,” The Hill’s Health Watch, 3/6/13)
The Hill Headline:“Fed: Obama’s Health Law Leading To Layoffs”(Pete Kasperowicz,“Fed: Obama’s Health Law Leading To Layoffs,” The Hill’s Health Watch, 3/6/13)
The Federal Reserve: Employers Cited ObamaCare As Reasons For “Planned Layoffs And Reluctance To Hire More Staff.”“Employers in several Districts cited the unknown effects of the Affordable Care Act as reasons for planned layoffs and reluctance to hire more staff.”(“Current Economic Conditions,” Federal Reserve, 3/6/13)
The Federal Reserve: Businesses Have “Delayed Hiring” Due To ObamaCare.“Firms continued to report changes in health care policy and fiscal uncertainty as reasons for delayed hiring.”(“Current Economic Conditions,” Federal Reserve, 3/6/13)
The Federal Reserve: ObamaCare Has Caused Companies To Hire “The Absolute Minimum” Of Employees To Skirt The Law’s Burdensome Regulations.“Some contacts noted concern that client companies are hiring the absolute minimum to get by due to uncertainty about the Affordable Care Act.”(“Current Economic Conditions,” Federal Reserve, 3/6/13)
ObamaCare Is Impeding The Ability Of Job Creators To Create Jobs
Then-Speaker Nancy Pelosi Said That ObamaCare Would Create 4 Million Jobs And 400,000 Almost Immediately. PELOSI:“It’s about jobs. In it’s life, it will create 4 million jobs – 400,000 jobs almost immediately.”(Speaker Nancy Pelosi, Remarks At Bipartisan Meeting On Health Care Reform, Washington, D.C., 2/25/10)

Location hidden

#4564 Mar 7, 2013
That is just a portion of the article. No need to post all of it.
OMTE

Perry, GA

#4565 Mar 7, 2013
Bigdave1 wrote:
<quoted text>I don't know if Brannen is a war criminal or not. He has never been charged and tried. Also he did not run the CIA for 25 years.
You are dead on correct about the rest of your statement. I don't care what party is in power or who the potus is, they have no right to stomp all over the constitutional rights of American citizens. I don't think there are very many reasonable people in Washington or even in local politics. Just look at the way they are going after the law abiding citizens guns. It is being done state by state. The elite will have protection but the common man that these do gooder politicians are always spouting off about that they know best for us, is going to leave the common man unarmed and defenseless. Why are they so afraid of us? Is it because they are screwing us and they are afraid we will get tired of it?
Now we may be inadvertently killed by a hellfire missile if we are near someone on a hit list. Who knows we could be put on a hit list and know nothing about it, as we haven't done anything wrong.
Where does this insanity end? Seems as if common sense is no longer common.
One last point is that something must be done to pull this economy out of this terrible unemployment rut. I think that a lot of this fanfare over what I have just discussed is also a cover to keep the unemployment and economic issues from being discussed. We can talk about anything but don't talk about our economy.
What's your opinion on how the government is responding to the nuclear strike threats made by North Korea? How would you respond differently if at all? You seem to me as the most leveled headed guy here.
Chicken Little

Blairsville, GA

#4567 Mar 7, 2013
Ritz Crackers wrote:
If Nancy Pelosi put on rubber bloomers filled with RITZ CRACKERS. By the end of the day a Thanksgiving Day Dressing facsimilie would be ready!
I just vomited... please don't put images like that in my head anymore.

Location hidden

#4568 Mar 7, 2013
Synergy wrote:
This BRILLIANT man explains EXACTLY why I don't like the Obamas. I totally agree with every word he wrote. It's a little long, but absolutely worth the read.
I'm not going to argue with anyone about this. This is how I feel and I don't have to explain my feelings. You have your feelings and I have mine. "nuff said.
Wow, very well stated and I cannot see much (if anything) I disagree with.

Location hidden

#4569 Mar 7, 2013
Bigdave1 wrote:
This is exactly what I was talking bout in another post several days ago.
These old elite Republicrats need to go. They are RINO's and are political cowards. They never stand up for principle and always bow down to the elitist power structure. They always fall in line with the wishes of the progressives and are shameless cowards. McCain was a brave war hero but somewhere along the line he was either brain washed by the N. Viet Nam or just lost his way somewhere. Graham has openly claimed he was a progressive, has been in office way too long, and it shows.
They just want everybody to just sit down, shut up and not to make any waves. They are stars in "Lets Make a Deal". Two old incompetent farts that should have never been reelected. They are not Republicans and they are not conservatives. People such as these guys should be booted out of office or this country will not survive. Check out the link below.
http://www.washingtontimes.com/blog/inside-po...
Agree completely, I was both stunned and disgusted this morning when I saw Graham disparaging what Paul did, and then McCain follows suit. They have both been in my "please retire and go away" column, but I had actually found them worthy of more respect recently when they would not back down on questioning the circumstances about Benghazi. But, surprise, surprise, they found a way to completely erode that respect again.

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

#4570 Mar 7, 2013
Synergy wrote:
+1

Great article.

Interesting thing about the lies that have been told, but no one on the left seems to care.

It's Bush's fault!

Douglasville, GA

#4571 Mar 7, 2013
OMTE wrote:
<quoted text>What's your opinion on how the government is responding to the nuclear strike threats made by North Korea? How would you respond differently if at all? You seem to me as the most leveled headed guy here.
I don't have enough information to make a decision on that one. The pentagon forgot to call me today with an intelligence briefing. What I mean by that is.
I don't know if they actually have the capability to actually put a warhead on a missile and if they have a missile that will reach us.
If they do, I would look very hard at making a first strike on them as they have threatened to blow us up with a nuclear bomb. I would have to take the threat serious as too many American lives are at stake. So if I were president I would probably make a first strike making sure that they had no capability left to attack or threaten us. Sounds nasty but sometimes you have to do what you have to do. America and its people comes first.

Douglasville, GA

#4572 Mar 7, 2013
Aggie23 wrote:
<quoted text>
Agree completely, I was both stunned and disgusted this morning when I saw Graham disparaging what Paul did, and then McCain follows suit. They have both been in my "please retire and go away" column, but I had actually found them worthy of more respect recently when they would not back down on questioning the circumstances about Benghazi. But, surprise, surprise, they found a way to completely erode that respect again.
It is easy to look like you care and are doing your job by asking questions that you know you won't get answered. Think about it.
OMTE

Perry, GA

#4573 Mar 7, 2013
Bigdave1 wrote:
<quoted text> I don't have enough information to make a decision on that one. The pentagon forgot to call me today with an intelligence briefing. What I mean by that is.
I don't know if they actually have the capability to actually put a warhead on a missile and if they have a missile that will reach us.
If they do, I would look very hard at making a first strike on them as they have threatened to blow us up with a nuclear bomb. I would have to take the threat serious as too many American lives are at stake. So if I were president I would probably make a first strike making sure that they had no capability left to attack or threaten us. Sounds nasty but sometimes you have to do what you have to do. America and its people comes first.
Bush invaded Iraq for far less.

Douglasville, GA

#4574 Mar 7, 2013
Synergy wrote:
Great post.+1
The man told it like it is, and if you are liberal sometimes the truth really hurts.
OMTE

Perry, GA

#4575 Mar 7, 2013
Bigdave1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Great post.+1
The man told it like it is, and if you are liberal sometimes the truth really hurts.
I disagree. I think this guy is an uncle tom; put out there to say all the things that most of the white tea party are scared to say.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hinesville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Best internet provider Nov 7 JessicAb 1
Missing dog Nov 2 Josh Roberson 2
About 200 Fort Stewart soldiers heading to Afgh... Oct 31 Gro 1
The Billy Crowder Case (Mar '12) Oct '14 joey88 91
Men Wearing Thongs (Sep '08) Sep '14 19thongman 244
Review: Clyde's Market #64 Sep '14 Nita 1
Scientific Evidence Proves Ebola Is Airborne Sep '14 Up close and pers... 5
Hinesville Dating
Find my Match

Hinesville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Hinesville News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Hinesville

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 3:37 pm PST

Bleacher Report 3:37PM
Ryan, Smith Share Blame for Wasted Opportunity
Bleacher Report 4:13 PM
Unimpressive Win over Jaguars Exemplifies Poor AFC South
NBC Sports 8:25 PM
Is this the end of the Mike Smith era in Atlanta?
NBC Sports12:49 AM
Hoyer recovers, leads Browns past Falcons, 26-24 - NBC Sports
Bleacher Report 1:28 AM
Hilton's Big Day Highlights Colts' Transition at WR