Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Georgia in 2010?

Posted in the Hinesville Forum

Comments (Page 171)

Showing posts 3,401 - 3,420 of47,391
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
runninghot

Douglasville, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 19, 2013

I think I have the straight poop on the whole thing now.
http://www.shtfplan.com/precious-metals/gover...

Like I said the government is trying to box everything in real tight. We are in a no win situation.
possum

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 19, 2013

runninghot wrote:
<quoted text>
I think that the Feds demand by law that any purchase or transaction now over $500.00 must be reported to them. This way they can keep up with the amount of money that you have and are spending. They use this for tax purposes,capital gains, and for tracking supposed illegal money. It used to be $10,000.00 but I am pretty sure that has changed to $500.00. I hope I am wrong.
The $500 provision you are refering to was $600 and was a provision in Obama care, but was striped out and was not passed in the final law.
possum

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 19, 2013

runninghot wrote:
I think I have the straight poop on the whole thing now.
http://www.shtfplan.com/precious-metals/gover...
Like I said the government is trying to box everything in real tight. We are in a no win situation.
This article is old news!!This was never passed in the final Obamacare law.

Since: Nov 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 19, 2013

The White Raven wrote:
driving me nuts
Fitzgerald, GA
I don't know what you are talking about me being in denial. My line about debit and credit cards WAS A JOKE! Sheesh
have you checked the royal canadian mint, lately.they actually offer some great 20 for 20 (dollar,face value)
Silver Eagles are the way they are because it's a no questions asked kind of thing about them, so there are the Silver Eagles, then older US 90% silver coins, and then all others and there are many others.
People will happily pay the premium for the eagles, and then there's is the fact that certain dates from past years have soared in price.
Off topic...I know. Just a question about Ellijay. Isn't the Whitepath Resort there?
The Whitepath Golf Course was always a good one to play in times past, but as to a Resort you may be thinking of the Coosawatee River Resort. CRR has fallen on hard times and apparently has many problems. Vulture type investors are active in the area. The largest property owner in CRR is reported to be bankrupt.
However, I'm very optimistic about Ellijay going forward simply because of the rivers and all that water they have. Atlanta has a big thirst and so something may happen about
that. Many fed-up Atlanta corporations could relocate to the area and their employees would be much happier.
Some of us see the how it is and are ahead of the game in many respects.
Whitepath has a hotel, right? The reason I am asking is because a friend of mine works there and her father built the place. I haven't seen her in years and I've never been there. I was just wondering if it's still there.
OMTE

Unadilla, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 19, 2013

Judged:

In opening you say how it would serve you well to keep it on the down low of your stockpiling of guns and ammunition. To the point of saying it's unwise to order ammunition online. Yet in your previous posts you go on and on about how well you're prepared and how they'll have to kill you to take them away. Let me give you some advice my friend; that is not "keeping it on the down low". It would probally serve you well in the future to invoke your right to remain silent. If you don't think that someone isn't monitoring this; you are the one that is niave, stupid, or clueless. My guess they may be stockpiling weapons for another civil war; no doubt lead by nuts like you. Good Day and God Bless.
possum

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 19, 2013

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 19, 2013

Judged:

The White Raven wrote:
In opening you say how it would serve you well to keep it on the down low of your stockpiling of guns and ammunition. To the point of saying it's unwise to order ammunition online. Yet in your previous posts you go on and on about how well you're prepared and how they'll have to kill you to take them away. Let me give you some advice my friend; that is not "keeping it on the down low". It would probally serve you well in the future to invoke your right to remain silent. If you don't think that someone isn't monitoring this; you are the one that is niave, stupid, or clueless. My guess they may be stockpiling weapons for another civil war; no doubt lead by nuts like you. Good Day and God Bless.
You need to get somebody to explain to you what the legal concept of being 'grandfathered' is. But that's just part of it. I'm not going to lay it all out for you in detail because it would be over your head, and then you would just come up with more BS because you actually ARE one that doesn't know your a$$ from a hole in the ground.
I've got my $hit together. You need to worry about your own. There's not anything that you need to warn me about because you're not that smart. Like YOU are going to tell me a lot of things that I don't know. Get a grip punk.
And I'm not alone in saying that I won't give up my guns. Millions of Americans feel the same way, and the Constitution is not dead - yet.
The ones that 'go on and on' are the real nut cases like you.
Fire again - chump. Good Day and God Bless Your A$$, or God Bless You - A$$, in this case.
When I read the replies posted to you from the naysayers, I can't help but recall the fable: The Ant and the Grasshopper. Know what I mean?

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 19, 2013

Judged:

OMTE wrote:
You really have anger issues. It's scary to think there is alot mental cases like you running around with guns. Weirdo....
It's scary to think that people that have no clue as to what is going on in this country get to vote...

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 19, 2013

Judged:

Oh yeah, I posted as Bill, it's too far of a drive to post on Synergy's computer...
runninghot

Douglasville, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 19, 2013

Judged:

possum wrote:
<quoted text>The $500 provision you are refering to was $600 and was a provision in Obama care, but was striped out and was not passed in the final law.
Everything that I have looked up on the internet says that you are wrong and that anytime you sell gold it has to be reported to the feds. They want tax on it. Thanks to the ObamaCare Bill, Gold will be taxed as it will be reported starting Jan.1, 2012. Anything or any service for more than $600.00 shall be reported to the government.
You wouldn't be a Obama supporter trying to hide what he did to all the people that purchased precious metals would you? He has screwed them. No selling your metals in secret anymore.

http://www.ehow.com/info_7917671_government-b...

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 19, 2013

Judged:

White Raven
Thanks for the link. That IS the place I was asking you about. I DO love north GA. I am much more familiar with the Lake Rabun area. I spend quite a bit of time there during the warmer months.

BigDave1 posted a few times about the govt. buying up ammo and he received the same type of replies you have. Astounding!
runninghot

Douglasville, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 20, 2013

Judged:

possum wrote:
<quoted text>The $500 provision you are refering to was $600 and was a provision in Obama care, but was striped out and was not passed in the final law.
I just called a dealer in numismatics and was told that they will deal in cash only. No names or S.S. numbers. You are correct on that part, but I was told that it was up to me if I wanted to pay taxes on it. So there must be some type of tax law that makes it capital gain. Being an honest upright American citizen I would always want to pay my fair share. The coin dealer doesn't have that much cash on hand so they would have to write a check. Hmmm, checks are very traceable so one would have to sell very small amounts at a time. This would mean a lot of trips back and forth to the coin dealer. I think we are both right on this one. You are supposed to report it to the government but you don't have to unless you get caught, or get paid by check.
Columbus Native

Oklahoma City, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 20, 2013

Judged:

soros wrote:
<quoted text> You can't eat gold. Gold won't keep you warm. Gold will not protect you from harm. Food & fresh water will be worth far more than silver or gold.
In the worst case senario, during complete caos cause the government can't make it's payroll, the only option is to prepare now with a well hidden hide-out stocked with guns ammo food water to last about 6 months. Hopefully by then the national guard will be able to restore law and order and deliver trucks loaded with food and water. This fast food generation by then will have wiped over half theirselves out by rampaging thru the neighborhood killing and being killed fighting over whatever food and water they can find. Now I am speaking in the worst case senario which I presently am not prepared for but am planning soon. Hopefully this won't happen the mis quoted greatest generation ever, which they were'nt had to go thru a bad depression and this next one will be worst. It could be God's way of punishing a worst continuing and thankless society of folks with the me,me,me mentality.
Columbus Native

Oklahoma City, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 20, 2013

I might add that if you have complete trust in God you probably don't need a gun, but you are not going to ride out this storm sitting in your living room in any town USA.
OMTE

Unadilla, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 20, 2013

Judged:

What is with the doomsday scenarios? I think this is carrying over from the 12/21/12 scare. I have heard nothing of a pending doomsday. If something were to happen the only ones that would have to worry is the people in cities. I can step out my front door throw a rock and hit a cow or a goat so I'm pretty sure I won't starve. I don't scare that easy. I also know where several ponds are and how to distill water, so I'm pretty sure my fam will be alright. If someone were to come up I'd offer to feed them. If they wanted trouble then that would be fine to. That's why this country is in the shape it's in, because no one wants to help one another. They prepare for the worst, because they think everyone is like them.
OMTE

Unadilla, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 20, 2013

Judged:

The White Raven wrote:
OMTE
Fitzgerald, GA
I can step out my front door throw a rock and hit a cow or a goat so I'm pretty sure I won't starve. I don't scare that easy. I also know where several ponds are and how to distill water,...
Whoa.. You're crazy dude. What's outside your door concrete and asphalt? Goodluck eating that. Who said anything about hogs? I'd probally just get the water out of my pool. You really need to lighten up.
driving me nuts

Fitzgerald, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 20, 2013

Judged:

"the mis quoted greatest generation ever, which they were'nt"

I don't get the "mis quoted" part of your post.
If not the depression/WWII genration then which generation, outside the founding fathers generation would you pick as the greatest?
soros

Snellville, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 20, 2013

Judged:

This forum was actually fun before the blackbird chimed in. Wish he'd find someone else to impress with his 500 word compositions. Fly away.
soros

Snellville, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 20, 2013

Judged:

I need not your pity. You bore me, your flight in another direction would truly make me happy. I'll just continue to skip over your loooong compositions and pretend you migrated.
Informed Opinion

Cape Coral, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 20, 2013

Judged:

The White Raven wrote:
Buy a shotgun, buy a shotgun ...! Yep, that's the answer, no doubt, Mr. Vice President.

You'll have your double barrel shotgun and a box of shells to stand against the kind of thing we know is out there. It's like a bad joke isn't it?

The more likely solution, long term, is a Federal Ammunition Tax, or [F.A.T.], of say $1 per round? Gimmie back my bullets you might say?

You can still have them, and you can have all of them you want, IF the price is right. Pay to play. Isn't that the way?

Then they will cry for the government to cut the FAT, for another reason, but they never reduce a tax after it has been put in place. Taxes only increase over time - right?
________

Joe Biden said Tuesday that Americans don't need semi-automatic weapons to protect their homes because a couple of blasts from a shotgun will scare off intruders.

"Buy a shotgun, buy a shotgun," the vice president encouraged
those worried about defending themselves. He was speaking in an online video as part of a Facebook town hall hosted by Parents Magazine...

Biden said he keeps two shotguns and shells locked up at home... "I said,`Jill, if there's ever a problem, just walk out on the balcony ... take that double-barrel shotgun and fire two blasts outside the house,'" Biden said. "You don't need an AR-15.

It's harder to aim, it's harder to use and in fact, you don't need 30 rounds to protect yourself."

Biden's answer came in response to a question posted by a Facebook user about whether the administration's proposal to ban military-style assault weapons and high-capacity magazines would make law-abiding citizens more of a target of criminals since they wouldn't have a sufficient way of protecting themselves.
______

soros

Lithonia, GA

This forum was actually fun before...

_____

This place is not about fun - at all. But surely we will have a few laughs along the way. If you want fun you could probably do better to play a video game. Are you being forced to come over here and look in? Poor baby... I do feel so sorry for you.

I can't know which soros you might actually be, but then it really doesn't matter and I could care less.
Gotta love Joe Biden.

He says what's true- even when it's politically incorrect.

When the flu was spreading, he suggested avoiding airline travel would help avoid getting the flu. Anyone who regularly flew already understood and knew Biden was 100% correct. Still he was attacked.

Now he suggests that a shotgun is the best home defense firearm reasonably available, and again he's 100% correct, and again he is attacked.

A 20 gauge Mossberg 500 is a very effective and manageable tool.

Americans hate any truth that is inconvenient at the time.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 3,401 - 3,420 of47,391
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Hinesville Discussions

Search the Hinesville Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
GA Who do you support for Governor in Georgia in 2... (Oct '10) 13 hr Paris 2,036
Decent crabbing spots? Jul 1 Amber 1
Klingbeil/Farley murder suicide 2006 (Mar '11) Jun 25 Toni 10
Debate: Marijuana - Hinesville, GA (Sep '10) Jun 22 weavinggoddess 46
Military should have to live on post (Oct '13) Jun 19 Too Dependent 6
Buckhead Jun 19 Probably 2
Ludowici reinstates police chief Jun 19 oh okay 2
•••
•••
•••
•••

Hinesville Jobs

•••