Who do you support for U.S. Senate in...
ChicknButt

Douglasville, GA

#34200 Jan 14, 2014
new wrote:
<quoted text>
ok-.........but the known dummies get no relief from me..........
The only relief you're capable of giving anybody would be if your computer broke and you quit posting here.

Since: Jul 13

Location hidden

#34201 Jan 14, 2014
Hi Aggie :) Great to see you. I never look in this thread, so didn't know you were here so often. But glad you are :)
Thanks for your explanation to me. I will look at both sides, with an open mind. Australia is Compulsory voting, so something I have done since 18.
Looking forward to voting here and Id like to make a wise choice, not based on emotion or what those around me tell me what to do. Hence my reason for poping into this thread.
However, I see the majority of people in here are no different to any other political board ive been too. Sad. Thought I might actually learn something.
MY comment about voting for whoever is going to look after me, must have been taken wrong lol. Im never likely to be apart of the 'give me' crowd. I certainly don't think America owes me anything and there's a lot I would give up before even toying with the idea of welfare.
Ive never been in a situation to need it and I sure as shit dont want it..
Im glad its there as a safety for those who need it, not live on it!
I meant whether Id vote for the party that's going to look after me, by ways of improving the economy, there for improving my life style. Also health care reform. I don't know enough about Obama care to have an opinion yet, but will look into it today. But wont come back in here to share my opinions on it.

Again, thanks aggie. I always find you easy to read and polite on this board. Hope I get to meet you one day. I will private mail you after the move and I settle in a bit. We start work a week after getting there, but have kinda flexible hours, so maybe can do a lunch some time.:)
new

Clarkesville, GA

#34202 Jan 14, 2014
ChicknButt wrote:
<quoted text>
The only relief you're capable of giving anybody would be if your computer broke and you quit posting here.

here's your hero at work dummy..........


"New Iran agreement includes secret side deal, Tehran official says"

http://www.latimes.com/world/worldnow/la-fg-w...


And here's the Iranian viewpoint of what they got from the BIG Dummy..........

"Iran's Rouhani:'World Powers Surrendered to Iranian Nation's Will'"

http://www.weeklystandard.com/blogs/irans-rou...


Tell us again of your love affair with Obama the dummy..........

new

Clarkesville, GA

#34203 Jan 14, 2014
Caz67 wrote:
Hi Aggie :) Great to see you. I never look in this thread, so didn't know you were here so often. But glad you are :)
Thanks for your explanation to me. I will look at both sides, with an open mind. Australia is Compulsory voting, so something I have done since 18.
Looking forward to voting here and Id like to make a wise choice, not based on emotion or what those around me tell me what to do. Hence my reason for poping into this thread.
However, I see the majority of people in here are no different to any other political board ive been too. Sad. Thought I might actually learn something.
MY comment about voting for whoever is going to look after me, must have been taken wrong lol. Im never likely to be apart of the 'give me' crowd. I certainly don't think America owes me anything and there's a lot I would give up before even toying with the idea of welfare.
Ive never been in a situation to need it and I sure as shit dont want it..
Im glad its there as a safety for those who need it, not live on it!
I meant whether Id vote for the party that's going to look after me, by ways of improving the economy, there for improving my life style. Also health care reform. I don't know enough about Obama care to have an opinion yet, but will look into it today. But wont come back in here to share my opinions on it.
Again, thanks aggie. I always find you easy to read and polite on this board. Hope I get to meet you one day. I will private mail you after the move and I settle in a bit. We start work a week after getting there, but have kinda flexible hours, so maybe can do a lunch some time.:)

when you qualify to vote, let us know..........we'll steer you in the right direction with overwhelming TRUTH, while the libroids here will entice you with gubmint money..........and corrupt your morals..........




new

Clarkesville, GA

#34204 Jan 14, 2014

Even the libroids dont believe the obamabot libroids..........


"Feinstein rejects NYT on Benghazi"


http://thehill.com/blogs/global-affairs/middl...

guest

Warrenton, VA

#34205 Jan 14, 2014
This review of the book “Change They Can’t Believe In: The Tea Party and Reactionary Politics in America,” is from the University of Washington. The authors tells us mainly what we who live amongst the "Tea Party" have know for some time. They have the evidence that proves it. The article here does not add that comparison to the KKK is strictly of the Klan from the 1920's as Parker has sated in book tour talks. And that that comparison is due to the national scope of the Tea Party and the demographic make up of both. I do not agree that the Tea party compares to the Klan in the Klan's use of violence. However with the constant use of phrases like " the blood of patriots…" etc. with the overwhelming support of AND purchase of firearms since Obama's election one wonders how much of a spark it would take for some of the more radical elements to go that route.
>May 21, 2013
The tea party and the politics of paranoia
Peter Kelley
News and Information
Posted under: News Releases, Politics and Government, Research, Social Science
Members of tea party claim the movement springs from and promotes basic American conservative principles such as limited government and fiscal responsibility.
But new research by University of Washington political scientist Christopher Parker argues that the tea party ideology owes more to the paranoid politics associated with the John Birch Society — and even the infamous Ku Klux Klan — than to traditional American conservatism.
Parker is the author, with fellow UW political scientist Matt Barreto, of a new book titled “Change They Can’t Believe In: The Tea Party and Reactionary Politics in America,” published this spring by Princeton University Press.
At the heart of their book is a nationwide telephone survey overseen by Parker in early 2011 of 1,500 adults — equal numbers of men and women — across 13 geographically diverse states. The results starkly illustrate where tea partyers and true conservatives part ideological ways.
Responses place tea party members far to the right of the mainstream Republican conservatism of Nelson Rockefeller, Richard Nixon, Ronald Reagan and even George W. Bush — viewing President Obama as a faux citizen, a Muslim and socialist agitator, bent on America’s demise.
“Tea party conservatives believe in some conservative principles, to be sure, but they are different from more mainstream conservatives in at least one important respect,” Parker said.“True conservatives aren’t paranoid; tea party conservatives are.”
Asked flat-out if they think President Obama is “destroying the country,” only 6 percent of non-tea party conservatives agreed, a number that rose to 36 percent among all conservatives regardless of tea party affiliations. By contrast, 71 percent of self-identified tea party supporters thought this extreme statement true.
“And that’s just the tip of the iceberg,” said Parker, a UW associate professor of political science.“It’s no secret that tea party conservatives view President Obama with such contempt, but I am the first to document it empirically.”
guest

Warrenton, VA

#34206 Jan 14, 2014
cont.

"Other survey results include:

Three-quarters of tea party conservatives said they think President Obama’s policies are politically socialist while only 40 percent of non-tea party conservatives held that view.
Twenty-seven percent of tea party conservatives said they think President Obama is a practicing Muslim, while 18 percent of non-tea party conservatives took that view.
Similarly, 46 percent of non-tea party conservatives allowed that President Obama is a practicing Christian, while only 27 percent of tea party conservatives believed it so.
Was President Obama born in the United States? A majority — 55 percent — of conservatives allowed that this was true, but of tea party conservatives, only 40 percent agreed.
And perhaps not surprisingly, fully three-quarters — 75 percent — of tea partyers said they wish President Obama’s policies to fail, compared with 32 percent of conservatives."

Parker called the tea party a continuation of what political scientist Richard Hofstadter in the 1960s described as “the paranoid style in American politics,” characterized by exaggeration, suspicion and conspiratorial fantasy.

Parker said,“Consider me a skeptic when tea party supporters call upon a conservative tradition to which they have but a slight claim.” <

“Liberals are closet raaacists!”

Since: Nov 08

Location hidden

#34207 Jan 14, 2014
guest wrote:
cont.
"Other survey results include:
Three-quarters of tea party conservatives said they think President Obama’s policies are politically socialist while only 40 percent of non-tea party conservatives held that view.
Twenty-seven percent of tea party conservatives said they think President Obama is a practicing Muslim, while 18 percent of non-tea party conservatives took that view.
Similarly, 46 percent of non-tea party conservatives allowed that President Obama is a practicing Christian, while only 27 percent of tea party conservatives believed it so.
Was President Obama born in the United States? A majority — 55 percent — of conservatives allowed that this was true, but of tea party conservatives, only 40 percent agreed.
And perhaps not surprisingly, fully three-quarters — 75 percent — of tea partyers said they wish President Obama’s policies to fail, compared with 32 percent of conservatives."
Parker called the tea party a continuation of what political scientist Richard Hofstadter in the 1960s described as “the paranoid style in American politics,” characterized by exaggeration, suspicion and conspiratorial fantasy.
Parker said,“Consider me a skeptic when tea party supporters call upon a conservative tradition to which they have but a slight claim.” <
That's ONE book. How do you know the authors aren't extreme leftists? You say there is evidence? Okay. Which party started the KKK? Which party fought against civil rights? There is evidence to support that, too. We ALL know that we can find evidence to support whatever we believe. That is why this forum is strictly entertainment for me. I would never depend on it to help me make a decision about ANYTHING.

“Liberals are closet raaacists!”

Since: Nov 08

Location hidden

#34208 Jan 14, 2014
The administration is concerned because less that 24% of those who have signed up for Obamacare are the youth it was depending on. NOW this administration is concerned about impending higher costs for premiums.
Source: GMA this morning.

Wow! Who didn't see THAT coming???????
TheAllPowerful

Columbus, GA

#34209 Jan 14, 2014
I know this is off topic, but shouldn't there be federal regulations against anyone who is a known child killer to be able to auction off things involved in the crime? I just read, on multiple sites, that a website is auctioning off things that were involved in the murder. This is how society is going now? I urge everyone, whether you like me or not, to urge everyone else you know to boycott the website that is trying to profit from a child killer. We all know she did it, or at least covered it up. It's things like this that make me just livid.

“Liberals are closet raaacists!”

Since: Nov 08

Location hidden

#34210 Jan 14, 2014
TheAllPowerful wrote:
I know this is off topic, but shouldn't there be federal regulations against anyone who is a known child killer to be able to auction off things involved in the crime? I just read, on multiple sites, that a website is auctioning off things that were involved in the murder. This is how society is going now? I urge everyone, whether you like me or not, to urge everyone else you know to boycott the website that is trying to profit from a child killer. We all know she did it, or at least covered it up. It's things like this that make me just livid.
Sadly, that IS where society is now. Nothing is too horrific for human consumption nor too emotionally painful to be considered sacred.

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

#34211 Jan 14, 2014
Synergy wrote:
<quoted text>
I WAS playing nice. She might not have been aware of what I was referring to.
Oh, I took your comment as tongue in cheek.:)

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

#34212 Jan 14, 2014
new wrote:
<quoted text>
ok-.........but the known dummies get no relief from me..........
Fair enough, ;) And as for the known....commodities....fire when ready.

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

#34213 Jan 14, 2014
Caz67 wrote:
.... maybe can do a lunch some time.:)
I'd like that.

PS - I have never heard of "compulsory voting". That's interesting, but I'm not sure how I feel about that. Could be a good topic.

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

#34214 Jan 14, 2014
TheAllPowerful wrote:
I know this is off topic, but shouldn't there be federal regulations against anyone who is a known child killer to be able to auction off things involved in the crime? I just read, on multiple sites, that a website is auctioning off things that were involved in the murder. This is how society is going now? I urge everyone, whether you like me or not, to urge everyone else you know to boycott the website that is trying to profit from a child killer. We all know she did it, or at least covered it up. It's things like this that make me just livid.
I believe there IS a law preventing a murderer from profiting from their crime, like from book sales, etc. Are you by any chance referring to Casey Anthony? Because unfortunately she was acquitted thanks to a prosecutor who over reached.

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

#34215 Jan 14, 2014
guest wrote:
....
>May 21, 2013
The tea party and the politics of paranoia
Peter Kelley
News and Information
Posted under: News Releases, Politics and Government, Research, Social Science
Members of tea party claim the movement springs from and promotes basic American conservative principles such as limited government and fiscal responsibility.
But new research by University of Washington political scientist Christopher Parker argues that the tea party ideology owes more to the paranoid politics associated with the John Birch Society — and even the infamous Ku Klux Klan — than to traditional American conservatism.
Parker is the author, with fellow UW political scientist Matt Barreto, of a new book titled “Change They Can’t Believe In: The Tea Party and Reactionary Politics in America,” published this spring by Princeton University Press.
At the heart of their book is a nationwide telephone survey overseen by Parker in early 2011 of 1,500 adults — equal numbers of men and women — across 13 geographically diverse states. The results starkly illustrate where tea partyers and true conservatives part ideological ways.
Responses place tea party members far to the right of the mainstream Republican conservatism of Nelson Rockefeller, Richard Nixon, Ronald Reagan and even George W. Bush — viewing President Obama as a faux citizen, a Muslim and socialist agitator, bent on America’s demise.
“Tea party conservatives believe in some conservative principles, to be sure, but they are different from more mainstream conservatives in at least one important respect,” Parker said.“True conservatives aren’t paranoid; tea party conservatives are.”
Asked flat-out if they think President Obama is “destroying the country,” only 6 percent of non-tea party conservatives agreed, a number that rose to 36 percent among all conservatives regardless of tea party affiliations. By contrast, 71 percent of self-identified tea party supporters thought this extreme statement true.
“And that’s just the tip of the iceberg,” said Parker, a UW associate professor of political science.“It’s no secret that tea party conservatives view President Obama with such contempt, but I am the first to document it empirically.”
Oh, this is funny. The author is both creating boogeymen out of thin air or making an indictment of holding perfectly reasonable opinions.
- As "new" has already pointed out, the KKK belongs to the Democrat Party lock stock and barrel.
- Putting Rockefeller and Nixon in the same category as Reagan and trying to call them mainstream conservatives only shows the bias the author possesses and wishes to promote. W was a social conservative, but a fiscal moderate(almost liberal in some areas) and his policies regrettably reflected that fiscal moderate stance.
- It isn't paranoid to question the policies of a president who has as a stated goal "the fundamental transformation" of this country.
TheAllPowerful

Columbus, GA

#34216 Jan 14, 2014
Aggie23 wrote:
<quoted text>
I believe there IS a law preventing a murderer from profiting from their crime, like from book sales, etc. Are you by any chance referring to Casey Anthony? Because unfortunately she was acquitted thanks to a prosecutor who over reached.
Yes. It's all over the place that things involved in the crime are to be sold at auction. I know she was acquitted, but I just find it in extremely poor taste that anyone in their right mind would dare to auction off the clothes, and other articles of an obvious psychopath, after a small child lost her life for no reason. And I could have sworn the Judge ordered, after the trial was over, that she was not to profit from any part of it. Either way, it is just simply nauseating, and again, I firmly believe the Government should block any means of making a dime off of the demise of someone.

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

#34217 Jan 14, 2014
guest wrote:
cont.
"Other survey results include:
Three-quarters of tea party conservatives said they think President Obama’s policies are politically socialist while only 40 percent of non-tea party conservatives held that view.
Twenty-seven percent of tea party conservatives said they think President Obama is a practicing Muslim, while 18 percent of non-tea party conservatives took that view.
Similarly, 46 percent of non-tea party conservatives allowed that President Obama is a practicing Christian, while only 27 percent of tea party conservatives believed it so.
Was President Obama born in the United States? A majority — 55 percent — of conservatives allowed that this was true, but of tea party conservatives, only 40 percent agreed.
And perhaps not surprisingly, fully three-quarters — 75 percent — of tea partyers said they wish President Obama’s policies to fail, compared with 32 percent of conservatives."
Parker called the tea party a continuation of what political scientist Richard Hofstadter in the 1960s described as “the paranoid style in American politics,” characterized by exaggeration, suspicion and conspiratorial fantasy.
Parker said,“Consider me a skeptic when tea party supporters call upon a conservative tradition to which they have but a slight claim.” <
Oops, sorry Syn - you were the one who pointed out the KKK and the Democrat Party links.

Bottom line, WOW, what a revelation. Those who support the Tea Party hold more conservative beliefs than those who do not consider themselves Tea Party supporters. I hope the author didn't waste too much of his life the last few years to "prove" such an obvious fact. But of course, in his world view that makes them suspect and "paranoid". He is obviously a completely objective examiner of the Tea Party.(yes, that is sarcasm dripping from that sentence)
Oh, and another earth shaking news flash - 75% of those who identified themselves as Tea Party supporters wanted Obama's policies to fail - DUH! Considering that his policies are a disaster for this country - OF COURSE they want them to fail. HIgher taxes, more welfare, greater industry killing regulation, handicapping the oil and gas industry, undermining our health care system....yeah, those sound like policies that this country NEEDS to have fail.

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

#34218 Jan 14, 2014
TheAllPowerful wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes. It's all over the place that things involved in the crime are to be sold at auction. I know she was acquitted, but I just find it in extremely poor taste that anyone in their right mind would dare to auction off the clothes, and other articles of an obvious psychopath, after a small child lost her life for no reason. And I could have sworn the Judge ordered, after the trial was over, that she was not to profit from any part of it. Either way, it is just simply nauseating, and again, I firmly believe the Government should block any means of making a dime off of the demise of someone.
No, I hadn't heard about that and you're right -it's disgusting. That woman should be rotting in prison. Hopefully no one will participate, but unfortunately there probably are enough sick people in this country who might get a "thrill" out of having something relevant to that tragic case. Sick, just sick.
new

Clarkesville, GA

#34219 Jan 14, 2014
guest wrote:
cont.
"Other survey results include:
Three-quarters of tea party conservatives said they think President Obama’s policies are politically socialist while only 40 percent of non-tea party conservatives held that view.
Twenty-seven percent of tea party conservatives said they think President Obama is a practicing Muslim, while 18 percent of non-tea party conservatives took that view.
Similarly, 46 percent of non-tea party conservatives allowed that President Obama is a practicing Christian, while only 27 percent of tea party conservatives believed it so.
Was President Obama born in the United States? A majority — 55 percent — of conservatives allowed that this was true, but of tea party conservatives, only 40 percent agreed.
And perhaps not surprisingly, fully three-quarters — 75 percent — of tea partyers said they wish President Obama’s policies to fail, compared with 32 percent of conservatives."
Parker called the tea party a continuation of what political scientist Richard Hofstadter in the 1960s described as “the paranoid style in American politics,” characterized by exaggeration, suspicion and conspiratorial fantasy.
Parker said,“Consider me a skeptic when tea party supporters call upon a conservative tradition to which they have but a slight claim.” <


Thanks for proving my post is correct you big dummy..........where I said this..........
In post # 34185 on page 1639..........

""Hence, this is why the crowd in Washington and the liberal media are so
adamantly against the tea party..........
They are shaking in their boots and spilling forth the same vile as did
King George and his cronies..........for the very same reasons.......
fear of loss of their positions, loss of power over the people., and losing elective office..........""



Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hinesville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Billy Crowder Case (Mar '12) Nov 12 JoJo 132
News Is the Muscogee School Board really a a hostile... Oct '16 Greg Ellington 1
Deadbeat Mother Sep '16 Fed up 1
Good/Bad areas in Hinesville (Sep '09) Apr '16 Ceci 11
Debate: Marijuana - Hinesville, GA (Sep '10) Apr '16 Waggey 50
where's all the weed at? (Jan '14) Apr '16 Waggey 14
News TRAILER: First look at Savannah-filmed slave dr... (Apr '16) Apr '16 al3abmix 1

Hinesville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Hinesville Mortgages