silver foxx

Norman Park, GA

#33345 Dec 18, 2013
Synergy wrote:
<quoted text>
STILL obsessed with the Koch Brothers, I see. Tell us how great George Soros is. We might have forgotten.
"I'm for maximum supervision & minimal regulation." -G. Soros
there

Phoenix, AZ

#33346 Dec 18, 2013

Merkel, Obama, and Obama's Stasi..........

" Merkel compared NSA to Stasi in heated encounter with Obama"

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2013/dec/17/...

there

Phoenix, AZ

#33347 Dec 18, 2013
Now this may be fighting actions..........

"Southern Discomfort: U.S. Army seeks removal of Lee,‘Stonewall’ Jackson honors"

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2013/dec/...

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

#33348 Dec 18, 2013
Laughing at U wrote:
<quoted text>
All I've asked is an honest question. What is a true percentage of income the varying levels of income earners actually pay. Again, no reason to reply with "look it up yourself" and other crap, I work too hard running my company to waste time on it. Anyways, half the regulars on here claim to know everything about taxes. Put your money where your mouth is.
The information this poster requests has been addressed several times already...

Disingenuous at best, trying to play people at worst.

"I work too hard running my company to waste time on it."

The word "waste" probably tells this poster's true intent. He/she wants info (that's already been posted) but won't spend the time answering his/her own question.

Also, kinda funny how many posts this poster has when being too busy running his/her company.

“Marble Man”

Since: Jul 11

Dallas, GA

#33349 Dec 19, 2013
Bill in Dville wrote:
<quoted text>
The information this poster requests has been addressed several times already...
Disingenuous at best, trying to play people at worst.
"I work too hard running my company to waste time on it."
The word "waste" probably tells this poster's true intent. He/she wants info (that's already been posted) but won't spend the time answering his/her own question.
Also, kinda funny how many posts this poster has when being too busy running his/her company.
If it wasn't so sad, it would be funny, the way some posters here attack and ridicule the facts. This is just more proof of their ignorance. They keyboard ego just won't let them admit the errors of their rants What I have posted regarding "taxes and government dependency" may have come from conservative organizations, but this data can also be found in various government reports as well. Chickenbutt, has aptly named himself, and "there", has no clue where there is.
True That

Dallas, TX

#33350 Dec 19, 2013
General Robert E Lee wrote:
<quoted text>
If it wasn't so sad, it would be funny, the way some posters here attack and ridicule the facts. This is just more proof of their ignorance. They keyboard ego just won't let them admit the errors of their rants What I have posted regarding "taxes and government dependency" may have come from conservative organizations, but this data can also be found in various government reports as well. Chickenbutt, has aptly named himself, and "there", has no clue where there is.
Ain't that the truth! Amen brother!
Oh my

Blairsville, GA

#33351 Dec 19, 2013
Who ever could've imagined...

Why Obamacare won’t spiral into fiery, actuarial doom
Posted by Sarah Kliff on December 17, 2013 at 4:30 pm
http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/wonkblog/...

The rumors of an Obamacare death spiral have been greatly exaggerated.

So say Larry Levitt, Gary Claxton and Anthony Damico, experts at the Kaiser Family Foundation who have put together a new brief analyzing what would happen if young adults snubbed the Affordable Care Act. Even if young people sign up at half the rate the administration hopes for, it would nudge premiums up only by a few percentage points, their report says.

"When you do the math, it matters, but not nearly as much as the conventional wisdom suggests," Levitt says

The worry tends to go something like this: If young adults don't sign up for insurance coverage through the exchange, then the market loses a wide swath of very healthy enrollees -- and wouldn't have enough people to help pay the claims of the sicker, older subscribers. Without enough young people to subsidize the costs of older enrollees, insurers would instead raise premiums to cover the higher costs. And that would make coverage less desirable to young shoppers in 2015.

Or, if you prefer a bit more hand-wringing: If enough young people don't sign up for Obamacare, premiums spike, the market goes into a "death spiral" and the health law is doomed.

Levitt has already warned that fears of this alleged death spiral are likely overblown. Now, he, Claxton and Damico put a few numbers to the argument....

...If young adults (those under 35) were 25 percent less likely than the rest of the population to sign up for Obamacare, they would represent 33 percent of exchange enrollees -- rather than 40 percent. This means there would be fewer young people to subsidize older insurance subscribers. To make up that difference, the experts estimated, insurers would need to increase premiums by a terrifying ... 1 percent. Yes, exactly 1 percent.

Levitt, Claxton and Damico also tested a scenario where young adults are half as likely as older shoppers to enroll. In that case, the younger enrollees would make up only a quarter of the exchange market. Premiums would fall 2.5 percent short of covering subscribers
the truth

Winter Haven, FL

#33352 Dec 19, 2013
Synergy wrote:
<quoted text>
Buffet's income is from investments. His secretary's income is from a working salary. At the time he made that statment, he conveniently didn't mention he was being taxed on capital gains.(Capital gains tax has gone up since then.) I always wondered...if he is SO NOBLE, why didn't he get "his people" to determine how much he SHOULD have paid(in the name of fairness) and then write a big 'ole check to make up the difference? I see NOTHING noble in waiting until you are circling the drain(old) and then grabbing his fifteen minutes by declaring how unfair the tax system is. It IS unfair, but coming from him???? Pfffffft.
Buffett is actually very much in favor of fixing the income tax system so people like himself do pay a fair share. What he is not is stupid and will use every tax loophole he can find, just like his competition does.
He has spoken about this tax inequity many times and has encouraged the administration to do something about it. The comparison of what a rich man pays vs what his secretary pays came from Buffett. Buffett doesn't need or want his 15 minutes and could care less what people of your ilk think of him. You know very little about the man, your putdown statement 'coming from him' is just more of your warped political viewpoint. He is making the effort that very few people in his position would ever do. Ever heard the gods your worship the Koch brothers say such a thing, NO.

This capital gains argument is total BS, lots of folks income comes from capital gains like your alter ego Bills comes from McDonalds.
there

Phoenix, AZ

#33353 Dec 19, 2013
<quoted text>

Clueless ==== a supporter of Paul Broun.

Scott

Toccoa, GA

#33354 Dec 19, 2013
Oh my wrote:
So say Larry Levitt, Gary Claxton and Anthony Damico, experts at the Kaiser Family Foundation who have put together a new brief analyzing what would happen if young adults snubbed the Affordable Care Act. Even if young people sign up at half the rate the administration hopes for, it would nudge premiums up only by a few percentage points, their report says.
"When you do the math, it matters, but not nearly as much as the conventional wisdom suggests," Levitt says
The worry tends to go something like this: If young adults don't sign up for insurance coverage through the exchange, then the market loses a wide swath of very healthy enrollees -- and wouldn't have enough people to help pay the claims of the sicker, older subscribers. Without enough young people to subsidize the costs of older enrollees, insurers would instead raise premiums to cover the higher costs. And that would make coverage less desirable to young shoppers in 2015.
Or, if you prefer a bit more hand-wringing: If enough young people don't sign up for Obamacare, premiums spike, the market goes into a "death spiral" and the health law is doomed.
Levitt has already warned that fears of this alleged death spiral are likely overblown. Now, he, Claxton and Damico put a few numbers to the argument....
...If young adults (those under 35) were 25 percent less likely than the rest of the population to sign up for Obamacare, they would represent 33 percent of exchange enrollees -- rather than 40 percent. This means there would be fewer young people to subsidize older insurance subscribers. To make up that difference, the experts estimated, insurers would need to increase premiums by a terrifying ... 1 percent. Yes, exactly 1 percent.
Levitt, Claxton and Damico also tested a scenario where young adults are half as likely as older shoppers to enroll. In that case, the younger enrollees would make up only a quarter of the exchange market. Premiums would fall 2.5 percent short of covering subscribers
That is really great news!

I only hope the Obama people have read this article so they can cancel the millions of dollars they are spending in advertising to attract young people. Since they don't need them, why spend all that money?

With a 3000 page bill that no one read, along with 10,750 pages of new regulations, a multi-million dollar website, and a lying President, why should anyone not be celebrating this new law? I mean, c'mon all you evil naysayers, this is going to be great! Just ask any Liberal, so they can tell you how great it is.
Scott

Toccoa, GA

#33355 Dec 19, 2013
the truth wrote:
<quoted text>
Buffett is actually very much in favor of fixing the income tax system so people like himself do pay a fair share. What he is not is stupid and will use every tax loophole he can find, just like his competition does.
He has spoken about this tax inequity many times and has encouraged the administration to do something about it. The comparison of what a rich man pays vs what his secretary pays came from Buffett. Buffett doesn't need or want his 15 minutes and could care less what people of your ilk think of him. You know very little about the man, your putdown statement 'coming from him' is just more of your warped political viewpoint. He is making the effort that very few people in his position would ever do. Ever heard the gods your worship the Koch brothers say such a thing, NO.
This capital gains argument is total BS, lots of folks income comes from capital gains like your alter ego Bills comes from McDonalds.
Actually, I have heard the Koch brothers say they are concerned about our current tax code and taxes in general.

Just the other day, we went to lunch at Sonic. Both Koch brothers were in the back seat and a Koch sister in the front. After we received our order, we began talking about taxes. Since they talk in unison, it is pretty hard to understand them but, they said "Like most Americans, we really don't mind paying taxes and we do pay millions of dollars a year to the Government" "Could you hand me some catsup please?" "Anyway, what we don't like is a bloated and inefficient Government that spends taxpayer dollars like drunken sailors". "How can they even talk about raising taxes when billions are wasted every year"? "Hey, are there any napkins in that bag"?

The rest of the conversation was mostly about movies and baseball. They seemed like decent guys. Not the greenish complexions with fangs and red eyes I had imagined.

“Marble Man”

Dallas, GA

#33357 Dec 19, 2013
there wrote:
<quoted text>
Clueless ==== a supporter of Paul Broun.
I have not stated my support for any candidate as yet.
there

Phoenix, AZ

#33358 Dec 19, 2013
Scott wrote:
<quoted text>

The rest of the conversation was mostly about movies and baseball. They seemed like decent guys. Not the greenish complexions with fangs and red eyes I had imagined.

They look that way only to libroids..........demons in their dreams.......

“Marble Man”

Dallas, GA

#33359 Dec 19, 2013
ChicknButt wrote:
<quoted text>
Ah, promoting the Heritage Foundation, I see. The Koch Brothers little propaganda machine.
And as a promoter of their blatant propaganda, it's clear that you support their agenda, which is the following:
http://politicsbyjustin.files.wordpress.com/2...
Essentially, everybody do what they want completely unregulated, and let's see who wins everything at the expense of everybody else.
Quite frankly, that makes you an idiot of the highest magnitude who is working against his personal best interests, and a hater of all mankind. It's just simple straightforward logic.
You are a very confused and individual.

“I Offer You Truth!”

Since: Jul 07

Tampa, FL

#33360 Dec 19, 2013
there wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey, world traveler!
there wrote:
<quoted text>Cleaning toilets, digging ditches, etc... has earned me a good vacation you big ole sorry azz dummy........Check out my locations for the last few days and weep with envy....
Will you be heading off to Chandler for a vacation break anytime soon? If you've got 1/8 of a tank of gas you should be good for the whole round trip.

I need to wipe the tears of envy from eyes.

ROTFLMAO!!!
TheAllPowerful

Fortson, GA

#33361 Dec 19, 2013
there wrote:
<quoted text>
Since you are usually fond of posting links, I found one just for you. Don't get excited though, as it has noting to do with homosexuality.

http://libroid.com/en/the-idea/

Since: Nov 08

Location hidden

#33362 Dec 19, 2013
the truth wrote:
<quoted text>
Sooooo, You DO know Buffett. Right???? Your post doesn't change one thing. If he felt so guilty, he could write that check. You liberals are the most gullible bunch of individuals living by a double standard that this country has ever had to tolerate. You continue to prove your abject ignorance time and again. Your God, Soros, would be proud of you. ROTFL

Location hidden

#33363 Dec 19, 2013
Oh my wrote:
Care to address the biggest liar and lie of 2013? Keep defending that idiot and his trashed out law. Makes you look SIMPLY brilliant. Ha!

Location hidden

#33364 Dec 19, 2013
Scott wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually, I have heard the Koch brothers say they are concerned about our current tax code and taxes in general.
Just the other day, we went to lunch at Sonic. Both Koch brothers were in the back seat and a Koch sister in the front. After we received our order, we began talking about taxes. Since they talk in unison, it is pretty hard to understand them but, they said "Like most Americans, we really don't mind paying taxes and we do pay millions of dollars a year to the Government" "Could you hand me some catsup please?" "Anyway, what we don't like is a bloated and inefficient Government that spends taxpayer dollars like drunken sailors". "How can they even talk about raising taxes when billions are wasted every year"? "Hey, are there any napkins in that bag"?
The liberals, Chickenbutt specifically, validate themselves by doing what liberals do best....blame the other guy. I can't think of ONE TIME a liberal on Topix has accepted responsiblity or blamed their party for anything that is wrong. Not ONCE. Shows how out of touch with reality they really are. Pathetic.

Location hidden

#33365 Dec 19, 2013
<quoted text>
You are a very confused and individual.
Confused? You are being very kind. ; )

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hinesville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Billy Crowder Case (Mar '12) Oct 18 joey88 91
Men Wearing Thongs (Sep '08) Sep 30 19thongman 244
Review: Clyde's Market #64 Sep 28 Nita 1
Scientific Evidence Proves Ebola Is Airborne Sep 26 Up close and pers... 5
What are the odds the RH gas station shooters w... Sep '14 Soup 1
Golden Corral (Aug '12) Sep '14 crs23 11
Debate: Gay Marriage - Hinesville, GA (Aug '10) Sep '14 crs23 66
Hinesville Dating
Find my Match

Hinesville Jobs