Who do you support for U.S. Senate in...

“Liberals are closet raaacists!”

Since: Nov 08

Location hidden

#33369 Dec 19, 2013
Laughing at U wrote:
<quoted text>
Well thanks Syn for adding some intelligent discussion on the subject. And no, it's doubtful he wrote out a check to the U.S. Treasury. There's probably not a lot noble about Buffett - except perhaps he does realize there might be a problem if he pays an effective tax rate lower than his secretary.
So we're back to the difference between making money from working and making money from capital gains. It seems there is a big difference as they are taxed at different rates. The question is why. I don't know the answer to that question and I'm not saying it's good or bad. It's just something to reflect on and think about. What's the rational for taxing earnings from work at a different rate than capital gains?
A tax person would have to answer that. I don't know that there IS a credible answer. The tax system needs overhauling, but with the advent of Obamacare, the thought of what COULD happen is daunting indeed.

Since: Sep 13

Columbus, GA

#33370 Dec 19, 2013
I can bottom line this whole tax argument quickly. Your best bet, is to amass as much money as possible, avoid paying taxes for about 10 years, and jet out of the country to some third world country, where you can retire comfortably.. Preferably one with tough extradition laws.

Barring that fantasy, just how many people with vast wealth do you actually think claim everything they make, whether it be legitimate earnings, or capital gains? The sickeningly wealthy always have people under the rug to make sure most of their money is filtered into fictitious accounts overseas. I'd venture a guess that if all the billionaires in the United States paid every dime of taxes they really owed, the national debt would be reduced by half. For now, you just pay your taxes on what you have, and count your lucky stars they aren't asking for your left nut...yet.

Location hidden

#33371 Dec 19, 2013
ster402005 wrote:
After careful consideration, and many hours of just grueling thought and mind numbing debate, I have come to the conclusion that I am the following:
Liberal with my money when it comes to helping strangers in need, but conservative when it comes to spending money on unnecessary nonsense. Democratic because I only live comfortably within my means without gloating about it, and Republican because my Dad made stupid amounts of money over the course of his life. I can't really put myself near this tea party thing, as my diet doesn't permit that. Maybe the beer party.
So, I guess I just fall into the category of "Libservativedemoblican ". Other than that, I am just plain old me.
By the way Syn, question not my motives behind your moniker. I have dubbed thee Queen Icon, so roll with the title.:D
Post of the day!!!!!!!
Okay. I'll roll with it. There is plenty about life I don't understand.:)

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

#33372 Dec 19, 2013
the truth wrote:
<quoted text>
Buffett is actually very much in favor of fixing the income tax system so people like himself do pay a fair share. What he is not is stupid and will use every tax loophole he can find, just like his competition does.
He has spoken about this tax inequity many times and has encouraged the administration to do something about it. The comparison of what a rich man pays vs what his secretary pays came from Buffett. Buffett doesn't need or want his 15 minutes and could care less what people of your ilk think of him. You know very little about the man, your putdown statement 'coming from him' is just more of your warped political viewpoint. He is making the effort that very few people in his position would ever do. Ever heard the gods your worship the Koch brothers say such a thing, NO.
This capital gains argument is total BS, lots of folks income comes from capital gains like your alter ego Bills comes from McDonalds.
Ah, another clueless and uneducated post from Einstein...Laughter is good!

"Buffett is actually very much in favor of fixing the income tax system so people like himself do pay a fair share."

That wealth envy thing is rearing it's ugly head again...BTW, by definition, if Buffett (and others) are paying what the are legally obligated to pay, they are paying their fair share.

Note there is no mention by this erudite poster about the percentage of households that don't pay ANY federal income tax, not surprising...

"This capital gains argument is total BS, lots of folks income comes from capital gains"

I guess it depends how one defines "lots of folks". This poster (and others) likely would be surprised at the number of individuals that own individual stocks outside of their 401k plan through their employer (which will ultimately be taxed as ordinary income)...The number a lot lower than people think, I'll leave it to this poster to do his/her homework and report back...

Location hidden

#33373 Dec 19, 2013
General Robert E Lee wrote:
<quoted text>
If it wasn't so sad, it would be funny, the way some posters here attack and ridicule the facts. This is just more proof of their ignorance. They keyboard ego just won't let them admit the errors of their rants What I have posted regarding "taxes and government dependency" may have come from conservative organizations, but this data can also be found in various government reports as well. Chickenbutt, has aptly named himself, and "there", has no clue where there is.
+1

It's laughable that the clueless and uneducated don't comprehend how the tax systems work, yet they can opine that the evil rich don't pay their fair share.

Even more don't know or understand the rationale for why the capital gains tax rate is different from ordinary income tax rates, yet, in many cases, it's higher that the overall OR incremental tax rate many pay.

Yet another one asks fairly simple questions, the answers to which have already been posted, is too lazy to do his/her own research, is too busy running their company, but has a plethora of posts on a daily basis.

Yes, it's sad, because these people are able to vote...
Oh my

Blairsville, GA

#33374 Dec 19, 2013
Bill in Dville wrote:
<quoted text>
http://www.topix.com/forum/city/blairsville-g...
That wealth envy thing is rearing it's ugly head again...BTW, by definition, if Buffett (and others) are paying what the are legally obligated to pay, they are paying their fair share.
Note there is no mention by this erudite poster about the percentage of households that don't pay ANY federal income tax, not surprising...
"if Buffett (and others) are paying what the are legally obligated to pay, they are paying their fair share"

Nope, it just means that they are meeting their legal obligation.

"about the percentage of households that don't pay ANY federal income tax"
How did these households obtain this tax exempt status, perhaps the law has deemed them too poor to be required to pay federal income tax.

I wonder if these folks pay other types of taxes?

I wonder who these folks might be, the poor, the elderly, the infirmned?

Tell us all you know about these folks that don't pay ANY federal income tax.
ChicknButt

Norcross, GA

#33375 Dec 19, 2013
General Robert E Lee wrote:
<quoted text>
You are a very confused and individual.
By this post I assume that your intention is to say that what I've posted is inaccurate.

I've posted that the Heritage Foundation is the Koch Brothers personal propaganda machine. Do you wish to dispute that? Please do so if you'd like to take a shot at it.

I've also posted that the 1980 Libertarian agenda is the ultimate agenda of the Koch Brothers. Do you wish to dispute that? Please do so if you'd like to take a shot at that.

Or perhaps what you meant by your statement is this: "I choose not to believe what you've posted because it's not really a convenient thing to admit, even though the facts are all accurate. I will therefore just post a blanket character assassination comment and then stick my head in the sand again so I can continue believing stupid inaccurate things."
Laughing at U

Blairsville, GA

#33377 Dec 19, 2013
Bill in Dville wrote:
<quoted text>
+1
It's laughable that the clueless and uneducated don't comprehend how the tax systems work, yet they can opine that the evil rich don't pay their fair share.
Even more don't know or understand the rationale for why the capital gains tax rate is different from ordinary income tax rates, yet, in many cases, it's higher that the overall OR incremental tax rate many pay.
Yet another one asks fairly simple questions, the answers to which have already been posted, is too lazy to do his/her own research, is too busy running their company, but has a plethora of posts on a daily basis.
Yes, it's sad, because these people are able to vote...
Yet you can't or don't offer any explanation to the "rationale for why the capital gains tax rate is different from ordinary income tax rates ... "

As for the "plethora" of posts - that's the benefit of being the boss and owning your own company. Too bad that you didn't get to do any posting on Topix when you ran the deep fryer at McDonald's.
TheAllPowerful

Columbus, GA

#33378 Dec 19, 2013
How rational people actually view the world. You can spare 5 minutes of your time. Some of you probably already know.

Life in general.

Location hidden

#33379 Dec 19, 2013
Oh my wrote:
<quoted text>
"if Buffett (and others) are paying what the are legally obligated to pay, they are paying their fair share"
Nope, it just means that they are meeting their legal obligation.
"about the percentage of households that don't pay ANY federal income tax"
How did these households obtain this tax exempt status, perhaps the law has deemed them too poor to be required to pay federal income tax.
I wonder if these folks pay other types of taxes?
I wonder who these folks might be, the poor, the elderly, the infirmned?
Tell us all you know about these folks that don't pay ANY federal income tax.
"Nope, it just means that they are meeting their legal obligation."

Nope, unless this poster is insinuating the government is unfair and doesn't treat it's citizens equally...:)

Also, I guess it would depend on someone's definition of "fair".

Since it's a subjective term, most people will likely disagree, some will say everyone should pay an equal percentage of earned income, some will say an equal percentage of taxable income. Some will the evil rich should pay the vast majority of what they earn, because they earn "too much".

If one views doing what's legally required (an objective term) as fair, it is fair.

"I wonder if these folks pay other types of taxes?"

Apples and oranges.

Could be. Probably. However, the "conversation" has always been about federal income taxes.
TheAllPowerful

Columbus, GA

#33380 Dec 19, 2013
The point of the previous point being. You are spoon fed what the world wants you to know. The rest is speculation. regardless of affiliation with a certain group, our hands are always tied, and we have to live by the standards set before us, by our illustrious elected officials. The more you fight it, the more scared they become. But, then again, I live in "crazyland" according to someone here, so now I have to go out and have a custom made sign that says just that, and hang it below my Christmas wreath.

Location hidden

#33381 Dec 19, 2013
Laughing at U wrote:
<quoted text>
Yet you can't or don't offer any explanation to the "rationale for why the capital gains tax rate is different from ordinary income tax rates ... "
As for the "plethora" of posts - that's the benefit of being the boss and owning your own company. Too bad that you didn't get to do any posting on Topix when you ran the deep fryer at McDonald's.
LMAO at you.

"Yet you can't or don't offer any explanation to the "rationale for why the capital gains tax rate is different from ordinary income tax rates ... "

It's been posted here before. Do your research. I don't see a need to type things again.

"...Too bad that you didn't get to do any posting on Topix when you ran the deep fryer at McDonald's."

Yeah, that "job at McDonald's" turned out pretty well, if I must say so myself. You should be so fortunate, you'd certainly have a better attitude and outlook on life...
TheAllPowerful

Columbus, GA

#33382 Dec 19, 2013
Bill in Dville wrote:
<quoted text>
"Nope, it just means that they are meeting their legal obligation."
Nope, unless this poster is insinuating the government is unfair and doesn't treat it's citizens equally...:)
Since it's a subjective term, most people will likely disagree, some will say everyone should pay an equal percentage of earned income, some will say an equal percentage of taxable income. Some will the evil rich should pay the vast majority of what they earn, because they earn "too much".
If one views doing what's legally required (an objective term) as fair, it is fair.
"I wonder if these folks pay other types of taxes?"
Apples and oranges.
Could be. Probably. However, the "conversation" has always been about federal income taxes.
Bill, have you ever been to DC? They might as well have signs posted as you enter the state that read "Welcome to your nation's Capitol. Now, empty your wallet, bend over, and get ready for the most horrendous ride of your life".
Laughing at U

Blairsville, GA

#33383 Dec 19, 2013
Bill in Dville wrote:
<quoted text>
LMAO at you.
"Yet you can't or don't offer any explanation to the "rationale for why the capital gains tax rate is different from ordinary income tax rates ... "
It's been posted here before. Do your research. I don't see a need to type things again.
"...Too bad that you didn't get to do any posting on Topix when you ran the deep fryer at McDonald's."
Yeah, that "job at McDonald's" turned out pretty well, if I must say so myself. You should be so fortunate, you'd certainly have a better attitude and outlook on life...
"You should be so fortunate, you'd certainly have a better attitude and outlook on life..."

Oh, the irony. Is that all you've got?? Maybe you need to take a peek in the mirror occasionally.

“Registered Conservative”

Since: Jul 11

Location hidden

#33384 Dec 19, 2013
ChicknButt wrote:
<quoted text>
By this post I assume that your intention is to say that what I've posted is inaccurate.
I've posted that the Heritage Foundation is the Koch Brothers personal propaganda machine. Do you wish to dispute that? Please do so if you'd like to take a shot at it.
I've also posted that the 1980 Libertarian agenda is the ultimate agenda of the Koch Brothers. Do you wish to dispute that? Please do so if you'd like to take a shot at that.
Or perhaps what you meant by your statement is this: "I choose not to believe what you've posted because it's not really a convenient thing to admit, even though the facts are all accurate. I will therefore just post a blanket character assassination comment and then stick my head in the sand again so I can continue believing stupid inaccurate things."
I meant what I said, you are a confused individual. You "draw" inaccurate conclusions. It's as simple as that.

Location hidden

#33385 Dec 19, 2013
TheAllPowerful wrote:
The point of the previous point being. You are spoon fed what the world wants you to know. The rest is speculation. regardless of affiliation with a certain group, our hands are always tied, and we have to live by the standards set before us, by our illustrious elected officials. The more you fight it, the more scared they become.
+1 Another good post.
Oh my

Blairsville, GA

#33386 Dec 19, 2013
Bill in Dville wrote:
<quoted text>

It doesn't really matter how others define fairness, you have defined it for the purposes of your point of view which is what I'm addressing.

If Buffet and others are meeting their legal obligation, which you have defined as their fair share, then why should it matter if others pay no federal taxes, since these folks are also meeting their legal obligation, which would also be their fair share.

Location hidden

#33387 Dec 19, 2013
Oh my wrote:
<quoted text>
If Buffet and others are meeting their legal obligation, which you have defined as their fair share, then why should it matter if others pay no federal taxes, since these folks are also meeting their legal obligation, which would also be their fair share.
I agree.
the truth

Winter Haven, FL

#33388 Dec 19, 2013
Synergy wrote:
<quoted text>
Sooooo, You DO know Buffett. Right???? Your post doesn't change one thing. If he felt so guilty, he could write that check. You liberals are the most gullible bunch of individuals living by a double standard that this country has ever had to tolerate. You continue to prove your abject ignorance time and again. Your God, Soros, would be proud of you. ROTFL
Wake up moron, he doesn't feel guilty, not in the least. He is guilty of no crime and pays the taxes that the law requires. He has said the tax lays as written are not fair to the middle class. So I am going to guess you think the current tax laws are fair to the middle class. Nothing you say surprises me, nothing. What double standard are you talking about in you rambling idiotic post???

I am not a liberal, whatt I am not and will never be is member of the idiot fringe of the Republican Party, aka the tea party. What I am today is independent, sick of it all. The conservative wing of the Republican party has made the party a dysfunctional JOKE. As for the Democrats, at least the idiot fringe of that party wants to do some good for our citizens.

What this country has never had to tolerate is a bunch of self centered egomaniacs who because they are getting old thinks the world owes them a free ride, The world owes you nothing, but maybe the booby prize for moron of the year.

Keep drinking the Kool-Aid, soon Soros and the Hunt brothers and the rest of the super elite will not only own you but what's left of your soul. Just wish you had the brains to just do it to yourself and not the rest of us. And in case you haven't noticed you don't have the ability to do anything but repeat what you saw on TV or heard on the radio. So what did Rush, Beck. biebart and FNC tell you to think today////

Now you can baffle me with you bullshit one more time, or not.

Location hidden

#33389 Dec 19, 2013
the truth wrote:
<quoted text>
Wake up moron, he doesn't feel guilty, not in the least. He is guilty of no crime and pays the taxes that the law requires. He has said the tax lays as written are not fair to the middle class. So I am going to guess you think the current tax laws are fair to the middle class. Nothing you say surprises me, nothing. What double standard are you talking about in you rambling idiotic post???
I am not a liberal, whatt I am not and will never be is member of the idiot fringe of the Republican Party, aka the tea party. What I am today is independent, sick of it all. The conservative wing of the Republican party has made the party a dysfunctional JOKE. As for the Democrats, at least the idiot fringe of that party wants to do some good for our citizens.
What this country has never had to tolerate is a bunch of self centered egomaniacs who because they are getting old thinks the world owes them a free ride, The world owes you nothing, but maybe the booby prize for moron of the year.
Keep drinking the Kool-Aid, soon Soros and the Hunt brothers and the rest of the super elite will not only own you but what's left of your soul. Just wish you had the brains to just do it to yourself and not the rest of us. And in case you haven't noticed you don't have the ability to do anything but repeat what you saw on TV or heard on the radio. So what did Rush, Beck. biebart and FNC tell you to think today////
Now you can baffle me with you bullshit one more time, or not.
I CAN'T baffle you with BS because you have plied yourself with all there is.'nuff said. You wouldn't know "truth" if it slapped you upside your obviously empty head. In addition to being comsumed with ignorance, you are a bore. Let's not waste each other's time. Now go back to your MSNBC and Daily Kos and soak up some more. ROTFL

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hinesville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Walthourville Chief Told to Turn in Badge Nov 12 Don 1
Richmond Hill Info (Mar '12) Nov 11 Matt 7
Men Wearing Thongs (Sep '08) Nov 1 lovedick 269
The Billy Crowder Case (Mar '12) Oct 26 Kutie 143
walthourville waterbill (Dec '12) Oct 20 George 3
I want a Bbw 😍 Oct '17 All687 4
News Ludowici woman denied bond again (Aug '07) Sep '17 kansas 88

Hinesville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance