Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Georgia in 2010?

Posted in the Hinesville Forum

Comments (Page 128)

Showing posts 2,541 - 2,560 of49,372
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 29, 2013

Man wrote:
<quoted text>
Anytime someone shows up at the emergency room and cannot pay the taxpayer foots the bill.
Mostly true, but not 100% accurate.
The Jokes on You

Blairsville, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 29, 2013

Judged:

Synergy wrote:
<quoted text>
As for your first paragraph....you would do the same thing if you had the money. Don't even try to convince anyone that YOU would be the ONE noble person. What a laugh!
Your second statement in reference that I didn't make a point, but gave an opinion...makes no sense. I did make a point. You didn't accept the point I was making. Duh.
My alter egos? I have none. I always post as Synergy. I am registered and I have no reason to hide behind another ID. Of course, if it makes your paranoid self feel better to believe I have alter egos, go for it.
Most people don't think like me? Just exactly how do you know that? lol Magic? Mental telepathy?
Your whole last paragraph is the most pitiful bunch of drivel that I've read all day. Typical left wing nonsense. You are positively eaten UP with wealth envy. You are jealous, envious and all of the other words that describe your miserable, nonproductive life.
Your last sentence just proves what a worthless example of a human being you are.
Here's something I'd like to ask you.

Since you and others say that because income tax loopholes exist and are legal that you should take advantage of them. Not just some of them, but all of the tax breaks that are available.(Heck, that's the American way, you'd say - it's legal, after all.)

OK, so what if all the people out there who are actually eligible for welfare, food stamps, etc. were to think like you do. I mean, heck, it's legal to get food stamps if your income is below a certain threshold, so why not.. Welfare? Heck Yeah.

Yet, I know numerous people - myself included at this unfortunate turn of events in my life - who DO NOT choose to go on welfare. We do not choose to accept food stamps. Why? Because we have ethics and morality. We know that welfare and food stamps are for those who are truly in need. Yet, the government says it's legal for us to have that assistance.

So why is that all of the rich people out there will take ANY deduction they can, acting as if it's a virtual civic duty to milk the system?(hey, it's legal, you say) Is it moral or ethical to do these things? Legal, maybe, but ethical?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 29, 2013

Judged:

Teacher wrote:
<quoted text>
Economics 101: "Liberals" create wealth, "conservatives" preserve it.
You obviously failed logic, economics and business strategy...

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 29, 2013

Judged:

heart attack wrote:
<quoted text>
Republicans are not the ONLY weathy people!~~
NOBODY hates wealthy people, most admire thier ability to make money. We just want them to get the same treatment as the guy who pumps your septic tank. The problem is special treatment for the rich 5% and another good screwing for the middle class. You live in a fairtale land created in your small mind with the help of consertavie talk.
You didn't make any POINT, you just expressed your opinion
again. Most people don't think at all like you, and thats a really good thing.
Notice just how many people judge you and your alter eagos post in a negative way. That just proves most people in this country have hope and promise of a better tomorrow. You are only concerend with what you have or hope to have. You have this mistaken opinion that poor people, handicaped people and old people are stealing from you. You are correct, but on a scale so small it makes little difference, an unwanted aircraft carrier here and there from the defense budget would make up that small amount.
I for one would encourage a heart attack, solving all your complaints.
Real mature post. Not surprising...

"We just want them to get the same treatment as the guy who pumps your septic tank."

You really should learn what the hell you're talking about. You don't. We ALL pay the same tax rates on the same kind of income. To say or think differently is disingenuous, ignorance (meaning you don't know it, but could learn), or stupidity (meaning you're incapable of learning).

BTW, your spelling sucks, too.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 29, 2013

Judged:

The Jokes on You wrote:
<quoted text>
Since you and others say that because income tax loopholes exist and are legal that you should take advantage of them. Not just some of them, but all of the tax breaks that are available.(Heck, that's the American way, you'd say - it's legal, after all.)
OK, so what if all the people out there who are actually eligible for welfare, food stamps, etc. were to think like you do. I mean, heck, it's legal to get food stamps if your income is below a certain threshold, so why not.. Welfare? Heck Yeah.
Yet, I know numerous people - myself included at this unfortunate turn of events in my life - who DO NOT choose to go on welfare. We do not choose to accept food stamps. Why? Because we have ethics and morality. We know that welfare and food stamps are for those who are truly in need. Yet, the government says it's legal for us to have that assistance.
So why is that all of the rich people out there will take ANY deduction they can, acting as if it's a virtual civic duty to milk the system?(hey, it's legal, you say) Is it moral or ethical to do these things? Legal, maybe, but ethical?
Somewhat interesting post, but too much of a "straw man" argument.

"Since you and others say that because income tax loopholes exist and are legal that you should take advantage of them. Not just some of them, but all of the tax breaks that are available."

Ponder this:

Why would someone pay any more in taxes than they're legally required to pay? Are you faulting someone for not paying more than required? Do you pay more than required at the grocery store? A restaurant? On YOUR taxes?

BTW, can you explain the difference between a loophole and a tax deduction?

Since: Nov 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 29, 2013

Judged:

Man wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, you could take a look at their well-regarded research ...
Well, that depends on who is doing the regarding now doesn't it?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 29, 2013

Judged:

Man wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, you are wrong.
You haven't heard the left wing mantra: Evil Rich, Evil Rich, Evil Rich???????
The Jokes on You

Blairsville, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 29, 2013

Judged:

Bill in Dville wrote:
<quoted text>
"Since you and others say that because income tax loopholes exist and are legal that you should take advantage of them. Not just some of them, but all of the tax breaks that are available."
Ponder this:
Why would someone pay any more in taxes than they're legally required to pay? Are you faulting someone for not paying more than required? Do you pay more than required at the grocery store? A restaurant? On YOUR taxes?
I figured you wouldn't answer the questions. But, then, you really don't have to, do you? We all know the answer.

But I do give you credit where it's due. You would make a fabulous spin man - perhaps you should go into politics. Your ethics and morality would be just perfect.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 29, 2013

Judged:

The Jokes on You wrote:
<quoted text>
It's human nature to try to protect what you have worked for. Why is it only the "rich" who should look at it from a moral standpoint? When is the last time you've asked someone gaming the welfare system how they felt morally about that? See the problem here? YOU are expecting the rich to feel quilty over money they have earned and want to protect, however, you aren't expecting those who are able bodied and capable of working to feel quilty because they are gaming and making it difficult for those who really need and deserve the help. It's that old liberal double standard. If someone has worked and earned their money, what is immoral about protecting it as long as they aren't breaking the law? If you qualify for food stamps, etc.and choose not to take them, I admire you for your pride and productivity, however, if you truly need help, you should take it. That is what it is for. Liberals are always exclaiming, "It's not fair". Well, it's not fair to expect the producers to feel quilty, but not the welfare system gamers. Where is your outrage about that?
C Dundee

Dahlonega, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 29, 2013

Judged:

Bill in Dville wrote:
<quoted text>
Ponder this:
"Straw Man" Sure, whatever man. You have got to be the most arrogant person i've ever read on here. Just full of yourself or something else.

It's people like you who get away with paying less taxes than the average man because of capital gains tax rates and other bullsh-t.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 29, 2013

Judged:

The Jokes on You wrote:
<quoted text>
I figured you wouldn't answer the questions. But, then, you really don't have to, do you? We all know the answer.
But I do give you credit where it's due. You would make a fabulous spin man - perhaps you should go into politics. Your ethics and morality would be just perfect.
Why should I answer questions when you can't and don't?

Typical of the clueless and uneducated...
The Jokes on You

Blairsville, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 29, 2013

Judged:

Synergy wrote:
<quoted text>
It's human nature to try to protect what you have worked for. Why is it only the "rich" who should look at it from a moral standpoint? When is the last time you've asked someone gaming the welfare system how they felt morally about that? See the problem here? YOU are expecting the rich to feel quilty over money they have earned and want to protect, however, you aren't expecting those who are able bodied and capable of working to feel quilty because they are gaming and making it difficult for those who really need and deserve the help. It's that old liberal double standard. If someone has worked and earned their money, what is immoral about protecting it as long as they aren't breaking the law? If you qualify for food stamps, etc.and choose not to take them, I admire you for your pride and productivity, however, if you truly need help, you should take it. That is what it is for. Liberals are always exclaiming, "It's not fair". Well, it's not fair to expect the producers to feel quilty, but not the welfare system gamers. Where is your outrage about that?
Oh, now you're physic, are you?

I assure you, I have NEVER been easy on anyone who I know is "gaming" the system when it comes to welfare, food stamps, etc. And yes, I have asked at least one person how they think it's moral or ethical to get welfare when they're able to work. Other than that one person, I don't personally know anyone else who is milking the welfare system. However, I do know a number of people who cheat on their taxes, set up businesses to lose money for tax write offs, etc.
The Jokes on You

Blairsville, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 29, 2013

Judged:

Bill in Dville wrote:
<quoted text>
Why should I answer questions when you can't and don't?
Typical of the clueless and uneducated...
Since you don't answer, I guess that makes you clueless and uneducated. Funny how that works. Maybe you should read your responses before posting.

Oh, and we already know what else you are... it's perfectly clear.
Ohio Pete

Dahlonega, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 29, 2013

Judged:

The Jokes on You wrote:
<quoted text>
Since you don't answer, I guess that makes you clueless and uneducated. Funny how that works. Maybe you should read your responses before posting.
Oh, and we already know what else you are... it's perfectly clear.
Ooowww, smack down!!!! Three points from the half-court line!!!

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 29, 2013

Judged:

The Jokes on You wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh, now you're physic, are you?
I assure you, I have NEVER been easy on anyone who I know is "gaming" the system when it comes to welfare, food stamps, etc. And yes, I have asked at least one person how they think it's moral or ethical to get welfare when they're able to work. Other than that one person, I don't personally know anyone else who is milking the welfare system. However, I do know a number of people who cheat on their taxes, set up businesses to lose money for tax write offs, etc.
Well, then I guess you need to appoint yourself their moral compass and take them to task. While you are at it, look a little HARDER for those gaming the system. Your response to that part of the equation was just a little too convenient. pfft
The Jokes on You

Blairsville, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 29, 2013

Judged:

Synergy wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, then I guess you need to appoint yourself their moral compass and take them to task. While you are at it, look a little HARDER for those gaming the system. Your response to that part of the equation was just a little too convenient. pfft
Wow, is that as good as you can come back with? Pathetic.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 29, 2013

Judged:

The Jokes on You wrote:
<quoted text>
An ironic comment coming from one such as yourself...

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 29, 2013

Judged:

The Jokes on You wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey! I got the best of YOU. That's good enough for me.(BTW, you and your pitiful double standard are the very definition of pathetic.)

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 29, 2013

Judged:

C Dundee wrote:
<quoted text>
"Straw Man" Sure, whatever man. You have got to be the most arrogant person i've ever read on here. Just full of yourself or something else.
It's people like you who get away with paying less taxes than the average man because of capital gains tax rates and other bullsh-t.
Another clueless and uneducated comment...

Oh, we've met?

"It's people like you who get away with paying less taxes than the average man because of capital gains tax rates and other bullsh-t."

How do you know what taxes I pay? Omnipotent? Nah, probably just impotent...

We all pay the same tax rates, don't we? Or is that beyond your comprehension?

BTW, even with capital gains, I pay a higher OVERALL tax rate than the average person. But that's probably beyond your ability to understand...
ladybug63l

Cartersville, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2013

Bbcćgf
Will Dockery wrote:
<quoted text>No, that's really just another Right Wing/Teabagger fantasy.

--
"Over You" / Will Dockery & The Shadowville All Stars
http://youtu.be/4rvCp_ y yx u

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 2,541 - 2,560 of49,372
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Hinesville Discussions

Search the Hinesville Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Review: InstaLoan Jul 19 chris leonard 1
GA Who do you support for Governor in Georgia in 2... (Oct '10) Jul 16 what 2,045
Ludowici Politics (Dec '11) Jul 15 Long County TRUTH 27
Woman snaps photo of ghostly figure at 4th of J... Jul 14 resident 1
Decent crabbing spots? Jul 13 sheri 2
Klingbeil/Farley murder suicide 2006 (Mar '11) Jun 25 Toni 10
Debate: Marijuana - Hinesville, GA (Sep '10) Jun '14 weavinggoddess 46
•••
•••
•••
•••

Hinesville Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000