Don

Atlanta, GA

#2695 Jan 29, 2013
Synergy wrote:
<quoted text>
How do you KNOW those children would have turned into criminals? You must have magical powers. I'm impressed.
I don't know. Didn't you notice I referenced the work of noted authors Steven D. Levitt and Stephen J. Dubner, authors of Freakonomics.
Don

Atlanta, GA

#2696 Jan 29, 2013
Synergy wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, I read his wikipedia biography. Perhaps YOU should. His wealth doesn't bother me one bit. He earned it. Good for him.
His "wealth" doesn't bother me either. What is your point?
Don

Atlanta, GA

#2697 Jan 29, 2013
The relationship between abortion and crime is interesting and probably beyond the bumper sticker mentality found here but if you are interested in reading more:

http://www.freakonomics.com/2005/05/15/aborti...
jeb stuart

Savannah, GA

#2698 Jan 29, 2013
Don wrote:
<quoted text>
So you don't mind having the most expensive health care system in the world? When the chunk of the GDP that healthcare costs eats jumps from 18% to 25% you will be singing a different tune. Israel, Switzerland, Taiwan, Japan, Germany .... the list goes on an on of countries whose healthcare expenditures are only in the single digits yet here we are at 18%.
whoever deserves credit or blame for this,as part of the reason for ours being so high is because of illegal immigrants.last nite on the news i saw where middle class chinese are now beginning to take vacations here when their expecting a child.as you know,the children born here will be u.s. citizens and qualify for all sorts of health and other benifits.whereas,china has the one-child policy concerning this.lucky us,huh.
Don

Atlanta, GA

#2699 Jan 29, 2013
jeb stuart wrote:
<quoted text>whoever deserves credit or blame for this,as part of the reason for ours being so high is because of illegal immigrants.last nite on the news i saw where middle class chinese are now beginning to take vacations here when their expecting a child.as you know,the children born here will be u.s. citizens and qualify for all sorts of health and other benifits.whereas,china has the one-child policy concerning this.lucky us,huh.
No Jeb, illegal immigrants are not to be blamed for 18% of our GDP being eaten up by healthcare costs.

While other countries were building high speed rail and public healthcare systems for its citizens the USA was building an empire and now we are paying the price.
jeb stuart

Savannah, GA

#2700 Jan 29, 2013
Don wrote:
<quoted text>
No Jeb, illegal immigrants are not to be blamed for 18% of our GDP being eaten up by healthcare costs.
While other countries were building high speed rail and public healthcare systems for its citizens the USA was building an empire and now we are paying the price.
did not mean to imply they were the blame-only a contributing factor.and the chinese that i spoke of were not even illegals,they are here on legal visas.but in the end results,i still believe american taxpayers will end up footing the bill for both(or at least part of it).
Man

Atlanta, GA

#2701 Jan 29, 2013
jeb stuart wrote:
<quoted text>did not mean to imply they were the blame-only a contributing factor.and the chinese that i spoke of were not even illegals,they are here on legal visas.but in the end results,i still believe american taxpayers will end up footing the bill for both(or at least part of it).
Anytime someone shows up at the emergency room and cannot pay the taxpayer foots the bill.

Since: Nov 08

Location hidden

#2702 Jan 29, 2013
Don wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't know. Didn't you notice I referenced the work of noted authors Steven D. Levitt and Stephen J. Dubner, authors of Freakonomics.
Think about it. How would that even be POSSIBLE to know? One can take a look at circumstances and make predictions, but if they stated that in their book, they are goofy and those who believe that are goofy, too.

Location hidden

#2703 Jan 29, 2013
Don wrote:
<quoted text>
His "wealth" doesn't bother me either. What is your point?
Don't you know? Liberals hate wealthy people. That's my point.

Location hidden

#2704 Jan 29, 2013
Don wrote:
The relationship between abortion and crime is interesting and probably beyond the bumper sticker mentality found here but if you are interested in reading more:
http://www.freakonomics.com/2005/05/15/aborti...
So, those who might not agree have bumper sticker mentality?

The FACT of the matter is, it CAN NOT be PROVED. You are referencing one book. Heck! You could reference several books. Someone else might post links to books that states the exact opposite. I'm simply pointing out that this simply can't be proved without a shadow of a doubt. It's must assumption, conjecture, prediction, etc.

It really doesn't matter, does it? Anyone who wants an abortion can get one. To quote Hilary: "What difference does it make now????"

Location hidden

#2706 Jan 29, 2013
jeb stuart wrote:
<quoted text>whoever deserves credit or blame for this,as part of the reason for ours being so high is because of illegal immigrants.last nite on the news i saw where middle class chinese are now beginning to take vacations here when their expecting a child.as you know,the children born here will be u.s. citizens and qualify for all sorts of health and other benifits.whereas,china has the one-child policy concerning this.lucky us,huh.
You know that probablly gets the big 'ole stamp of approval from the liberals, don't you?
Apparently, four republican and four democrat Senators have worked together and come up with a sensible solution to the amnesty situation and they seem to think that Obama will not be on board. In the next few days, I'm thinking we'll hear the details.

Location hidden

#2707 Jan 29, 2013
Don wrote:
<quoted text>
Personally, I've not minded one bit living in the most powerful nation. But, congratulations! That is rapidly changing and you are going to get just what you voted for. Enjoy.

Location hidden

#2708 Jan 29, 2013
Erics mom wrote:
<quoted text>
Bull.
Profound response there, slick.

Location hidden

#2709 Jan 29, 2013
jeb stuart wrote:
<quoted text>did not mean to imply they were the blame-only a contributing factor.and the chinese that i spoke of were not even illegals,they are here on legal visas.but in the end results,i still believe american taxpayers will end up footing the bill for both(or at least part of it).
Of course we will. We already have been. Our resources are being used and they aren't contributing.
BTW, I'm not sure if this is true or not, but it kind of makes sense. When an illegal's VISA runs out, they "fall off the map". That is why they don't get tracked down and caught. As I said, don't know if it's true or not. It certainly wouldn't surprise me.
Teacher

Blairsville, GA

#2710 Jan 29, 2013
Synergy wrote:
<quoted text>
Economics 101: "Liberals" create wealth, "conservatives" preserve it.

Location hidden

#2711 Jan 29, 2013
Teacher wrote:
<quoted text>
Economics 101: "Liberals" create wealth, "conservatives" preserve it.
Conservatives create wealth, liberals want to take it away.
Columbus Native

Oklahoma City, OK

#2713 Jan 29, 2013
all aboard wrote:
Funny how the wealthy have enjoyed all the loopholes for all these years, spend the whole year figuring ways to cheat on taxes. Now, that many of those loopholes will be closed over the next 4 years, what do they FINALLY scream? Flat tax! I pray for all you greedy, money loving snobs. May one day you find your way to ALL things real.
They also set-up so called "Non profit " charities. The IRS has been very lack over the past 20 years and monitoring their take in money versus their spendind out on the reason they set up these tax-free charities. IRS guidlines show that for every dollar brought in approx. 85 % is to be paid out to those they set-up to help. 30 billion dollars raised by several inteties such as Salvation Army,Red Cross, and releif for Haiti fund find that very little went to Haiti and out of 30 billion collected only 10 million got to these people. This leaves billions to buy expensive cars office furniture, private airplanes and expensive homes. The IRS should investigate these tax dodging scumbags and fine and throw in jail many wealthy individuals who have used this form to evade taxes. They set-up bank accounts in the Camen Islands and you are given a number for your account then the bank invests in US securities and the Americam government investments are invested in all kinds of securities. The bank then deposits your profits into your numbered bank account And the US government does'nt know who owns these bank accounts and will not demand the actual people who have a numbered bank account from these banks. The banks since foreign do not have to pay interest taxes. The wealthy person with the bank account does'nt either.
heart attack

Winter Haven, FL

#2715 Jan 29, 2013
Synergy wrote:
<quoted text>
Republicans are not the ONLY weathy people!~~

NOBODY hates wealthy people, most admire thier ability to make money. We just want them to get the same treatment as the guy who pumps your septic tank. The problem is special treatment for the rich 5% and another good screwing for the middle class. You live in a fairtale land created in your small mind with the help of consertavie talk.

You didn't make any POINT, you just expressed your opinion
again. Most people don't think at all like you, and thats a really good thing.
Notice just how many people judge you and your alter eagos post in a negative way. That just proves most people in this country have hope and promise of a better tomorrow. You are only concerend with what you have or hope to have. You have this mistaken opinion that poor people, handicaped people and old people are stealing from you. You are correct, but on a scale so small it makes little difference, an unwanted aircraft carrier here and there from the defense budget would make up that small amount.

I for one would encourage a heart attack, solving all your complaints.

Location hidden

#2716 Jan 29, 2013
heart attack wrote:
<quoted text>
NOBODY hates wealthy people, most admire thier ability to make money. We just want them to get the same treatment as the guy who pumps your septic tank. The problem is special treatment for the rich 5% and another good screwing for the middle class. You live in a fairtale land created in your small mind with the help of consertavie talk.
Notice just how many people judge you and your alter eagos post in a negative way. That just proves most people in this country have hope and promise of a better tomorrow. You are only concerend with what you have or hope to have. You have this mistaken opinion that poor people, handicaped people and old people are stealing from you. You are correct, but on a scale so small it makes little difference, an unwanted aircraft carrier here and there from the defense budget would make up that small amount.
As for your first paragraph....you would do the same thing if you had the money. Don't even try to convince anyone that YOU would be the ONE noble person. What a laugh!

Your second statement in reference that I didn't make a point, but gave an opinion...makes no sense. I did make a point. You didn't accept the point I was making. Duh.

My alter egos? I have none. I always post as Synergy. I am registered and I have no reason to hide behind another ID. Of course, if it makes your paranoid self feel better to believe I have alter egos, go for it.

Most people don't think like me? Just exactly how do you know that? lol Magic? Mental telepathy?

Your whole last paragraph is the most pitiful bunch of drivel that I've read all day. Typical left wing nonsense. You are positively eaten UP with wealth envy. You are jealous, envious and all of the other words that describe your miserable, nonproductive life.

Your last sentence just proves what a worthless example of a human being you are.
Informed Opinion

Portland, OR

#2717 Jan 29, 2013
heart attack wrote:
<quoted text>
There you go, complaining that we are spending our money on $3 Billion nuclear attack submarines,$5 Billion aircraft carriers, and more fighter jets at $200 Million a copy, while our infrastructure is falling apart, our citizens are dying for lack of health care, and our kids rank 30th in education, behind such educational powerhouses such as Latvia.

But hey, somebody has to make Lockheed Martin, General Electric, and Goldman Sachs even more profitable, and protect us against the dreaded Tuvaluvian blitzkrieg.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hinesville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Best internet provider Nov 7 JessicAb 1
Missing dog Nov 2 Josh Roberson 2
About 200 Fort Stewart soldiers heading to Afgh... Oct 31 Gro 1
The Billy Crowder Case (Mar '12) Oct '14 joey88 91
Men Wearing Thongs (Sep '08) Sep '14 19thongman 244
Review: Clyde's Market #64 Sep '14 Nita 1
Scientific Evidence Proves Ebola Is Airborne Sep '14 Up close and pers... 5
Hinesville Dating
Find my Match

Hinesville People Search