Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Georgia in 2010?

Posted in the Hinesville Forum

Comments (Page 121)

Showing posts 2,401 - 2,420 of39,374
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

Since: Jan 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2013

Judged:

bored monitor wrote:
ur devaluing fruit loops and potato chips by using them in the same sentence as this nut job.
Jes Sayin
Unlike you I don't hide my location or my name and the VA head shrinker said I'm not crazy,other than the fact I live up to the standards you sheeple indoctrinated me with. A man is supposed to have honor and integrity something sadly lacking in sheeple like yourself. Also, many of you forget this is a 'Fighting Words' state, meaning you say the wrong thing to me I'm perfectly within my rights to beat the crap outta you. Georgia is a state full of stupid ignorant children, I've lived here all my life, I know. As children, you were supposed to learn,'sticks and stones, etc'. The unspoken part goes,'Nor cause me to do harm'! I live that, but lay a hand on me and I'll put you in the hospital if your lucky.
jeb stuart

Savannah, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2013

Judged:

Lived there wrote:
<quoted text>
The term originated I think, back in the roaring 20s and had/has reference to people who, in the employ of organized crime families, real estate developers and agents, sometimes just ordinary business people (for protection) and very frequently lawyers, hand delivered grocery bags of cash to politicians, judges and the police.
Today it references facilitators, typically lobbyists, who instead of cash, "arrange" for wire transfers of money to off-shore, usually corporate numbered accounts in the Cayman Islands and Belize, in which case the recipient is almost always shown on a tax filing as a "consultant firm" to whoever is sending the money. Since neither country has a banking disclosure treaty with the US, there's no way the IRS can dispute the transactions in an audit or a court of law.
Drug money (cash) is handled differently. There a courier is employed, usually an aide or family member of the politician. As a "diplomatic courtesy," they pass through customs without inspection or having to declare the cash upon entering either country.
On a state or local level, since it doesn't involve nearly as much money, the procedures are far less sophisticated but still involve family members who technically receive the money for consulting services or, on the lowest level, often just a check or checks. If only a few thousand dollars are involved, cash is the easiest way to do it.
In another context, a "bag man" is someone who does breaking and entering to either steal something specific or leave something behind, like a clandestine listening device (a bug).
good post!one of the most famous of the original ones was frank"greasy thumbs"gusak,he was al capones' accountant(for lack of a better description).
formerresident

Decatur, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2013

Judged:

Lived there, it is a good helpful post. No wonder "that" paper hard to follow.

Donald, I think I know "roots" and they are people that we should all strive to be and are of the highest integrity. Again, thank you.
jeb stuart

Savannah, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2013

Informed Opinion wrote:
<quoted text>
William Bundy and Robert McNamara.
McNamara brought his genius to the World Bank where he engaged in further helpful work as described in the book "Confessions of an Economic Hit Man".
In this shocking memoir, Confessions of an Economic Hit Man, John Perkins tells of his own inner journey from willing servant of empire to impassioned advocate for the rights of oppressed people. Covertly recruited by the United States National Security Agency and on the payroll of an international consulting firm, he traveled the world—to Indonesia, Panama, Ecuador, Colombia, Saudi Arabia, Iran and other strategically important countries. His job was to implement policies that promoted the interests of the U.S. corporatocracy (a coalition of government, banks, and corporations) while professing to alleviate poverty—policies that alienated many nations and ultimately led to September 11 and growing anti-Americanism. Within a few weeks of its release , Confessions of an Economic Hit Man landed onThe New York Times Bestseller List ... According to John Perkins, "It is accomplishing an important objective in inspiring people to think and talk and to know that we can change the world."
“[A] gripping tell-all book….”
--Rocky Mountain News “John Perkins' story is so astonishing it defies belief…. imagine the conceptual love child of James Bond and Milton Friedman.”
--Boston Herald
“…compulsively readable and revealing.… Resisting threats and bribes, Perkins persisted and wrote his well-documented confessional. He has produced an unflinching and forceful insider’s look at how the U.S. government, multinational ‘aid’ organizations and corporations are following a dangerous path in their pursuit of oil and other resources.”
was just thinking,maybe it was'nt such a good idea to have brought up that war.
jeb stuart

Savannah, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2013

can't remember,did you do that,or was it me?

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2013

Donald E Putnam Jr wrote:
<quoted text>
Unlike you I don't hide my location or my name and the VA head shrinker said I'm not crazy,other than the fact I live up to the standards you sheeple indoctrinated me with. A man is supposed to have honor and integrity something sadly lacking in sheeple like yourself. Also, many of you forget this is a 'Fighting Words' state, meaning you say the wrong thing to me I'm perfectly within my rights to beat the crap outta you. Georgia is a state full of stupid ignorant children, I've lived here all my life, I know. As children, you were supposed to learn,'sticks and stones, etc'. The unspoken part goes,'Nor cause me to do harm'! I live that, but lay a hand on me and I'll put you in the hospital if your lucky.
Thanks for ur service, highly unlikely u could beat the crap outta me, tough guy.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2013

Judged:

bored monitor wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks for ur service, highly unlikely u could beat the crap outta me, tough guy.
Says the man, ooopss little girl hiding in the bushes.
Not the Average Local

Dahlonega, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>
Says the man, ooopss little girl hiding in the bushes.
Maybe you and that nut called Mountain Voice can get together and show each other how tough you are.
diddy

Cumming, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2013

Judged:

Bankers, politicians, and those who would sell their souls for a dollar. Poor you. You just think you have it all.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2013

Judged:

Not the Average Local wrote:
<quoted text>
Maybe you and that nut called Mountain Voice can get together and show each other how tough you are.
Appears your reading comprehension skills are lacking as well. If you'd understood what I wrote you'd see I don't believe in the "Fighting Words" doctrine. Words are never a justification for violence.
Informed Opinion

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2013

Judged:

Synergy wrote:
<quoted text>Lobbiests ARE a major part of the problem. As I stated, even the politicians we thought would represent us well have fallen for the lure. It seems they get caught up in the perks and then all bets are off. It's frustrating and disappointing.
Good points.
Informed Opinion

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2013

Judged:

jeb stuart wrote:
<quoted text>was just thinking,maybe it was'nt such a good idea to have brought up that war.
I understand.

Every male in my family but one enlisted in the Marines when we were 17. We had a family member who served in Vietnam and was in Cambodia while we were claiming we weren't even there, and another who was Force Recon who spent weeks at a time in the North searching for POW camps.

Both left home for MCRD San Diego fine. One and came back with lots of emotional and substance abuse problems, the other came back so physically messed up he was never healthy again.

V.A. did nothing to help either but put then on drugs. One was gone before he reached 60, the other is still messed up.

I choose not to be bitter, just cynical, and to enjoy the vast majority of Americans who are good people and who do actually care.

Gotta see the bright side of life.
jeb stuart

Savannah, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2013

Informed Opinion wrote:
<quoted text>
I understand.
Every male in my family but one enlisted in the Marines when we were 17. We had a family member who served in Vietnam and was in Cambodia while we were claiming we weren't even there, and another who was Force Recon who spent weeks at a time in the North searching for POW camps.
Both left home for MCRD San Diego fine. One and came back with lots of emotional and substance abuse problems, the other came back so physically messed up he was never healthy again.
V.A. did nothing to help either but put then on drugs. One was gone before he reached 60, the other is still messed up.
I choose not to be bitter, just cynical, and to enjoy the vast majority of Americans who are good people and who do actually care.
Gotta see the bright side of life.
i agree and accept full responsibility,my loss nowhere compares to yours and many others.this is so much different than the world wars or others.you and the others who chose are were drafted were not greeted back home as heros as those who fought in previous wars,and were not even appreciated as patriotic americans- even though your effort may have been even greater.i do hope i live to see the day when this is finally recognized.as you were,trooper.
Curious

Blairsville, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 25, 2013

Judged:

My full name look it up on Facebook, most of my military records are there for all to view.
I looked. Not so, Rambo.
Searching

Blairsville, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 25, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>
While his GBI partner displayed his lack of prep and knowledge by being surprised I knew how make a field-expedient explosive device.
Bragging about that to GBI agents (and probably making an implied threat to use it) wasn't exactly a bright idea.
Informed Opinion

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 25, 2013

Judged:

jeb stuart wrote:
<quoted text>i agree and accept full responsibility,my loss nowhere compares to yours and many others.this is so much different than the world wars or others.you and the others who chose are were drafted were not greeted back home as heros as those who fought in previous wars,and were not even appreciated as patriotic americans- even though your effort may have been even greater.i do hope i live to see the day when this is finally recognized.as you were,trooper.
Thanks for the kind thoughts.

Gotta say, my time in service was actually a great time and I have no complaints.

I agree though it is devastating to see our Soldiers and Marines come home injured, bankrupt, unemployed, and divorced - and insufficient funds and assurance available to help them.

We paid $1,000,000.00 to families of people whose family member was killed while sitting at their desk in the World Trade Center, making $800,000 per year, obviously without any intent to place themselves in danger.

How much do we pay the families of our troops who volunteer to place themselves in danger, for low wages, and in unpleasant conditions, because we want to send them to wars 1/2 across the world ?

Hey, someday we'll get past the yellow ribbons and spend the money needed for these folks - even if we have to raise taxes.
uninformed opinion

Gadsden, AL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 25, 2013

Judged:

ya those 3,000 killed all made $800,000.00 per year. Even the secretary and guards.
its us

Winter Haven, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 25, 2013

Judged:

uninformed opinion wrote:
ya those 3,000 killed all made $800,000.00 per year. Even the secretary and guards.
The President, military and Congress were only trying to buy forgiveness for allowing the attack that killed all those folks in the first place. Looking at how Washington continues to operate it worked!! It always does, so who really is the bad guy, its us.

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 25, 2013

Judged:

uninformed opinion wrote:
Let it go.

Some people have an issue with people that make a lot of $$...
Informed Opinion

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 25, 2013

Judged:

Bill in Dville wrote:
<quoted text>Let it go.

Some people have an issue with people that make a lot of $$...
Some people like to pretend they support our troops, but only if it doesn't cost them a dime.

It's a great day to shine up that pretty magnetic yellow ribbon on your car,
so that when you vote next time to avoid taxes to support our wounded troops,
you can display that ribbon proudly.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 2,401 - 2,420 of39,374
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

8 Users are viewing the Hinesville Forum right now

Search the Hinesville Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Hobart closing Richmond Hill plant Apr 15 CURRENT EMPLOYEE 3
GA Who do you support for Governor in Georgia in 2... (Oct '10) Apr 13 youfool 1,983
Review: Jj&b Services Apr 10 Jacksinnj 2
A show for the troops: Lt. Dan Band rocks Fort ... Apr 7 LaDonna Clark 1
Motorists cautioned as smoke from Fort Stewart ... Apr 2 Lawswon 1
Anyone ever hear of a girl named Molly? Mar 31 Just wondering 1
bryan county sheriff department Mar 31 screwedupcounty 2
•••

Rip Current Statement for Liberty County was issued at April 18 at 4:21AM EDT

•••
•••
•••
Hinesville Dating

more search filters