jeb stuart

Savannah, GA

#2193 Jan 16, 2013
Synergy wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you saying that you haven't had an equal chance for prosperity? You most certainly HAVE had an equal chance. You have simply not made the DECISIONS that would have led to more prosperity. Good grief! I CAN'T believe that you are making such a statement. So! You think you are "entitled"? Seriously? What has stood in the way of YOU not having an EQUAL chance of prosperity???? I can't wait to read your answer. You are limited ONLY by your own choices. Please tell my how YOU haven't had an equal chance. I am astounded!
it may never have occured to you that i may be just as or even more prosperous than you.you and so many repugs automatically assume that anyone who defends the poor,the underprivledged,are poor homeless people.just one more example of how out of touch you really are.or the other class you seem to want to catagorize us as is bleeding hearts of the rich elite.things are not that simple,friend.i work,pay taxes,and who knows, may be worth more than you-bottem line.but that is not my point,i want what is best and fairest for all americans.is that really so hard to believe or understand.I don't need or want any of your so-called entittlements-but i don't intend to allow for you and your croonies to hand them out to wealthiest and greediest of americans,either.at least,not on my watch.

“Marble Man”

Since: Jul 11

Dallas, GA

#2194 Jan 17, 2013
Lived there wrote:
<quoted text>
Technically correct, EXCEPT withholding tax is levied against the first $117,000 of gross EARNED - operative word - income and that tax ALONE accounts for 32% of everything the government takes in. If your income comes from stock dividends, annuities, tax shelters, off-shore accounts (assuming they're reported), etc. then you don't have to pay anything on withholding.
So, even the 47% pay through the nose so the super-rich don't have to.
Bet you don't like that math lesson. ;o)
I believe you are a little off base here.
Come on now

Fitzgerald, GA

#2195 Jan 17, 2013
Why don't you all start a new thread? Come on this is not even about the poll "Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Georgia in 2010?" anymore.
Lived there

Blairsville, GA

#2196 Jan 17, 2013
General Robert E Lee wrote:
<quoted text>
You "believe" wrong.

http://www1.umn.edu/ohr/payroll/tax/wagelimit ...

http://www.taxpolicycenter.org/briefing-book/...

http://www.usgovernmentrevenue.com/
Lived there

Blairsville, GA

#2197 Jan 17, 2013
It is 40%(FY 2012-2013), not 32%(FY 2011-2012)- a major error on my part, although the adjusted margin of difference is a wash. ;o)

Now that the "tax holiday" is over, have you noticed a difference in your paycheck? Congress, the bastards, I'm sure thanks you - NOT. ;o(
Lived there

Blairsville, GA

#2198 Jan 17, 2013
Synergy wrote:
<quoted text>
REGARDLESS of to whom you were born, if you were born in the U.S., once you became old enough to make your own decisions, YOUR FATE was in YOUR hands. Are you SERIOUSLY handing out excuses such as what you posted? Oh, brother. You ARE kidding, right? PLEASE say that you are kidding.
They're not excuses, just obstacles that are increasingly difficult to overcome.

Since: Nov 08

Location hidden

#2201 Jan 17, 2013
jeb stuart wrote:
<quoted text>it may never have occured to you that i may be just as or even more prosperous than you.you and so many repugs automatically assume that anyone who defends the poor,the underprivledged,are poor homeless people.just one more example of how out of touch you really are.or the other class you seem to want to catagorize us as is bleeding hearts of the rich elite.things are not that simple,friend.i work,pay taxes,and who knows, may be worth more than you-bottem line.but that is not my point,i want what is best and fairest for all americans.is that really so hard to believe or understand.I don't need or want any of your so-called entittlements-but i don't intend to allow for you and your croonies to hand them out to wealthiest and greediest of americans,either.at least,not on my watch.
You did NOT address the point. We ALL have equal opportunities. Your original post intimated that we don't. Life is composed of choices. I believe we ALL know people who pulled themselves out of poor home situations and determined they were going to do better for themselves. I have NO IDEA about your financial position nor do I care. I am simply pointing out the fallacy of your original post about everyone not having equal opportunity.
BTW, you and many dums automatically assume that anyone who defends those who have made better choices in their lives are rich, selfish and evil. Just ANOTHER example of how out of touch YOU are. You are correct. Things AREN'T that simple, friend. I do all of the same things you do in regard to paying taxes, etc, but I don't OWE anyone who doesn't contribute. I, too, want what is best and FAIREST. Herein lies one of the problems. I don't intend to support ne'er do wells. If you want to do that, go for it. Be a chump. I'll fight it every step of the way. I want to CHOOSE whom I help with my hard earned money. Screw those who sit on their butts, game the system and find it amusing that I am taking care of business.

Since: Nov 08

Location hidden

#2202 Jan 17, 2013
Lived there wrote:
<quoted text>
They're not excuses, just obstacles that are increasingly difficult to overcome.
Those obstacles have not ALWAYS been difficult to overcome. If someone wants it bad enough, they won't give up. We have a generation of narcissistic entitled young people who have not been taught that sometimes you win and sometimes you lose. If you lose, you keep trying. Seriously, as an example, if you are ON a team you get a trophy! REALLY?????? Why so? Well, we don't want to hurt anyone's FEELINGS. Think about Facebook. I'm sure some young people think that if they have hundreds of "friends", they have actually acomplished something. NO! This generation probably WILL need the government to take care of them.

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

#2203 Jan 17, 2013
Bill in Dville wrote:
<quoted text>
...BTW, check the tax tables, if memory serves correct to have a 15% tax rate, a couple has to have around $77K of TAXABLE income. To get TAXABLE income of $77K (depending on deductions, exemptions, etc.) a family's gross income could be $90K+(or more or less), which is around 75% HIGHER than the median household income in the US.
In other words, a family with gross income of 75% more than the median US income has a tax rate that is the same as the capital gains rate. Isn't $90K or $100K a pretty good family income?

An update with better information:

A couple with 2 children could very easily be making over $100K per year to end up with TAXABLE income of $77K (2011 exemptions were $3,700 (x4), total would be $14,800, mortgage interest deduction, real estate taxes, ad valorem taxes, donations, etc.).

In other words, a family earning over $100K a year is paying an overall lower tax rate than the capital gains rate of 15%.

I think $100K househould income, which is about twice the national average, is pretty good...Are they paying THEIR fair share? Perhaps, but because you don't know diddly about the tax system, you're not aware of it...
Lived there

Blairsville, GA

#2204 Jan 17, 2013
Synergy wrote:
<quoted text>
We ALL have equal opportunities.
NOT true!

Location hidden

#2205 Jan 17, 2013
Synergy wrote:
<quoted text>
REGARDLESS of to whom you were born, if you were born in the U.S., once you became old enough to make your own decisions, YOUR FATE was in YOUR hands. Are you SERIOUSLY handing out excuses such as what you posted? Oh, brother. You ARE kidding, right? PLEASE say that you are kidding.
LMBO.

Very doubtful "uninformed" would have been able to get an education at Harvard or Yale, don't you think?

Location hidden

#2206 Jan 17, 2013
jeb stuart wrote:
<quoted text>it may never have occured to you that i may be just as or even more prosperous than you.you and so many repugs automatically assume that anyone who defends the poor,the underprivledged,are poor homeless people.just one more example of how out of touch you really are.or the other class you seem to want to catagorize us as is bleeding hearts of the rich elite.things are not that simple,friend.i work,pay taxes,and who knows, may be worth more than you-bottem line.but that is not my point,i want what is best and fairest for all americans.is that really so hard to believe or understand.I don't need or want any of your so-called entittlements-but i don't intend to allow for you and your croonies to hand them out to wealthiest and greediest of americans,either.at least,not on my watch.
With your spelling,(lack of) sentence structure and overall statements, it's quite probable you're not more prosperous than Synergy, so that dog won't hunt.

Doesn't matter anyway, does it?

You want what's fairest? Define fairest.

Location hidden

#2207 Jan 17, 2013
General Robert E Lee wrote:
<quoted text>
Way off base...

Location hidden

#2208 Jan 17, 2013
Lived there wrote:
<quoted text>
And...?

Location hidden

#2209 Jan 17, 2013
Synergy wrote:
<quoted text>
... NO! This generation probably WILL need the government to take care of them.
I believe that is the long term plan of the libturds, to make more and more people reliant upon the government.
Lived there

Blairsville, GA

#2210 Jan 17, 2013
Bill in Dville wrote:
<quoted text>
An update with better information:
A couple with 2 children could very easily be making over $100K per year to end up with TAXABLE income of $77K (2011 exemptions were $3,700 (x4), total would be $14,800, mortgage interest deduction, real estate taxes, ad valorem taxes, donations, etc.).
In other words, a family earning over $100K a year is paying an overall lower tax rate than the capital gains rate of 15%.
I think $100K househould income, which is about twice the national average, is pretty good...Are they paying THEIR fair share? Perhaps, but because you don't know diddly about the tax system, you're not aware of it...
The same folks who pay the 15% on their stock dividends and such, ALSO take the same deductions, plus they have the advantages of tax shelters and other special interest deductions.
Lived there

Blairsville, GA

#2211 Jan 17, 2013
And BTW, if Congress gets their wish, we will no longer be able to deduct mortgage interest or county property taxes.
BS IS Called

Irving, TX

#2212 Jan 17, 2013
Lived there wrote:
And BTW, if Congress gets their wish, we will no longer be able to deduct mortgage interest or county property taxes.
Fine by me. Implement The Fair Tax, and save the government (taxpayers)$12 Billion / year.

Location hidden

#2213 Jan 17, 2013
Lived there wrote:
<quoted text>
The same folks who pay the 15% on their stock dividends and such, ALSO take the same deductions, plus they have the advantages of tax shelters and other special interest deductions.
You might want to get educated as to how taxes work (if you want to contribute something). The capital gains rate is 15%, it is a separate calculation.
Columbus Native

Oklahoma City, OK

#2214 Jan 17, 2013
Bill in Dville wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh, you mean those evil rich people that pay the vast majority of taxes...
Yea! and we are going to MAKE them pay more over the next 4 years.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hinesville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Looking for male CKC German Shepherd to breed w... Dec 10 redheadredneck1990 1
Zaxyby's Dec 9 Curious 1
STC Names Semi-Finalists in Student Competition Dec 3 Bob Jenkins 1
Best internet provider Nov '14 JessicAb 1
Missing dog Nov '14 Josh Roberson 2
About 200 Fort Stewart soldiers heading to Afgh... Oct '14 Gro 1
The Billy Crowder Case (Mar '12) Oct '14 joey88 91
Hinesville Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web