Magazine lists Columbus among cities on the rise

Feb 6, 2013 Full story: Ledger-Enquirer.com 12

Georgia Trend magazine isn't the first place the word "renaissance" has been applied to Columbus.

Full Story
DadGum

United States

#1 Feb 6, 2013
Oh my yes! Many good things have taken place in the columbus area and we hope for many great things to come. But maybe just maybe, while we pat ourselves on the back, and as Georgia Trend Magazine passes out praise to what they call our "Global Business Anchors" we might also want to thank the Citizens of America for many years of Federal Grant Money, Fort Benning Dollars, Tons of Federal Stimulus Money and last but not least, The TARP MONEY otherwise known as the bank bail-out that went to one of our So-Called business anchors to the tune of almost (1)Billion Dollars which is still on the books.
Smith Station Panthers

Smiths Station, AL

#2 Feb 7, 2013
And yet many claims and accusations yet nothing to back it up.
DadGum

United States

#3 Feb 7, 2013
Smith Station Panthers wrote:
No accusations just facts KITTY.
Maybe you dont read anything other than this forum, or maybe you dont listen well. Either way, all you need to do is google (Synovus Tarp Bailout). Then google search (Federal Grants and Stimulus Recovery Money). You will find plenty to read.
Now take all that federal help and all the federal money from Fort Benning out of the picture and Columbus and Phenix City would dry up and blow away. Just say "Thanks America" thats all.
Lickskillet

Columbus, GA

#4 Feb 7, 2013
The money was available, why not take it. If not someone else would have got it.
I am 32 and trying to get my disability because of my arthritis and almost there.
Sooner or later all this money is going to dry up, might as well get it while you can. You got to take care of yourself, nothing wrong with area companies doing the same.
DadGum

United States

#5 Feb 7, 2013
Lickskillet wrote:
The money was available, why not take it. If not someone else would have got it.
I am 32 and trying to get my disability because of my arthritis and almost there.
Sooner or later all this money is going to dry up, might as well get it while you can. You got to take care of yourself, nothing wrong with area companies doing the same.
I agree. If the money is there take it. I hope all goes well with your disability because it`s supposed to be there for people who are disabled, people who have worked themselves into a grave for sh!t wages and no retirement, poor children and those who are unable to take care of themselves. It`s not supposed to go to bail-out a private company who made bad business decisions and gambled on a bad bet even though they knew it was a huge risk. No one was there to bail-out my company when it went belly up nor the thousands of other business`s who found themselves in the same fix. But what is done is done! All I`m saying is, as a bank, dont look down your nose at someone who is raising hell about an overdraft charge on thier checking account when your bank is overdrawn to the tune of about (1) Billion Dollars.
DadGum

Phenix City, AL

#7 Feb 20, 2013
Smith Station Panthers wrote:
Hey Kitty!
Have you make an effort to look into what you called " Claims and Accusations " as of yet?

“Shadowville All-Stars”

Since: Dec 08

Columbus, GA

#8 Feb 22, 2013
DadGum wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey Kitty!
Have you make an effort to look into what you called " Claims and Accusations " as of yet?
He was probably waiting for you to explain and cite references for the "claims and accusations"... fair enough?

--
Gone Too Far / Will Dockery & The Shadowville All-Stars:
http://www.reverbnation.com/play_now/song_115...
Smith Station Panthers

Smiths Station, AL

#11 Mar 11, 2013
DadGum wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey Kitty!
You make claims and accusations yet show no links or references to back them up. Typical for Topix

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

#12 Mar 11, 2013
Lickskillet wrote:
Why not take it? Because you didn't do anything to earn it.
Columbus Native

Oklahoma City, OK

#13 Mar 11, 2013
Columbus is a good place, can't wait to get back to Pine Mountain.

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

#14 Mar 11, 2013
Edward DuBose's character attacked by Columbus NAACP member.
http://www.americusumterobserver.com/continua...
Rusty Houser

Phenix City, AL

#16 Mar 19, 2013
If there was any basis in fact to name Columbus as "on the rise", it is a testament only to the degree of success the media/black block vote/business alliance has had in brainwashing.Given any coverage at all,no person would dare endorse the truth as something to be proud of.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hinesville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Looking for male CKC German Shepherd to breed w... Dec 10 redheadredneck1990 1
Zaxyby's Dec 9 Curious 1
STC Names Semi-Finalists in Student Competition Dec 3 Bob Jenkins 1
Best internet provider Nov '14 JessicAb 1
Missing dog Nov '14 Josh Roberson 2
About 200 Fort Stewart soldiers heading to Afgh... Oct '14 Gro 1
The Billy Crowder Case (Mar '12) Oct '14 joey88 91
Hinesville Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web