Does any one know who from the County...

Does any one know who from the County appeared on Sally Jessy Raphael Show???

Posted in the Hindman Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
deathstar

New Albany, IN

#1 Feb 10, 2012
Heard that a couple of Families for Knott Co. Appeared on Sally Jessy!!! Does anyone know who, and what episode???
I think

Virgie, KY

#2 Feb 10, 2012
I think they were from topmost
grandpa

London, KY

#3 Feb 10, 2012
they were roberts

“Go Big Blue!”

Since: Jan 09

Location hidden

#4 Feb 10, 2012
I'm thinking that one lady,who's name I can't think of right now.....appeared on there about the whole Buford McIntosh thing.If y'all recall....he denied that poor girl,who then got killed in wreck there at Littcarr a few yards from home...but then tried to collect money after she got killed.I do remember it being in the national enquirer,and I think the Mom was on Sally Jesse.Wish I could remember her name...I'm wanting to say Rebecca??? She was in high school with my daughter at the time she got killed.My old brain just aint working too good....I do remember she was a beautiful girl....such a shame.

“Curious? I am!”

Since: Oct 08

Hindman KY

#5 Feb 10, 2012
I remember that. He is a low-life if ever there was one. Anybody who would deny a child from day one, then want half the benefits when she dies deserves whatever hell has in store for him when he goes. The girl's name was Amanda, I think. I can't remember the mom's name.

“Go Big Blue!”

Location hidden

#6 Feb 10, 2012
You may be right about the name OCC....I can't seem to pull it out of my brain right now.As for the low life....he did pass away a few years back....so I'm sure he's paying for it now.I remember she was a lovely girl....they had her chair with gown and stuff on it at graduation that year....so sad.
wondering

London, KY

#7 Feb 10, 2012
The mom's name was Kim if I'm not mistaken.
yes

Hindman, KY

#8 Feb 11, 2012
her name WAS Amanda....think it was 95?
The other ones were 4/5 girls from Slone Fork?.....kids that were taken and adopted maybe? One of Knott Co's teacher adopted the youngest one who has now graduated.

“Go Big Blue!”

Location hidden

#9 Feb 11, 2012
Blood Simple

TURN OF EVENTS. Oddities from around the world.

February 07, 1999|By Mitchell May from Tribune news services.

Buford McIntosh of Hindman, Ky., has long contested the claim that he is the father of Amanda Amburgey. This, despite a 1989 court-ordered blood test which found there is a 99.95 percent probability he IS her father and a 1995 court ruling ordering him to pay child support.

He says the blood-test evidence is not strong enough, but he did not show up for a March 1995 court hearing to argue against it. Amanda died at 17 in a 1996 car accident. McIntosh, 43, has taken steps to obtain a share of a $28,000 insurance settlement partly on the basis he has accumulated about $18,000 in attorney fees fighting Amanda's mother, Kimberly Jacobs, 37, and the state over child support since 1979.

*I found this part of story online....
topmost woman

Hindman, KY

#10 Feb 11, 2012
deathstar wrote:
Heard that a couple of Families for Knott Co. Appeared on Sally Jessy!!! Does anyone know who, and what episode???
was it something about a stolen wedding gown ... thier name JACOBS????/

“Go Big Blue!”

Location hidden

#11 Feb 11, 2012
Hey...now that ya mention it.....I think there was something about a wedding gown....
jkkjkk

Virgie, KY

#12 Feb 11, 2012
yes wrote:
her name WAS Amanda....think it was 95?
The other ones were 4/5 girls from Slone Fork?.....kids that were taken and adopted maybe? One of Knott Co's teacher adopted the youngest one who has now graduated.
They were from Bailey Fork, not Slone Fork

“Curious? I am!”

Since: Oct 08

Hindman KY

#13 Feb 13, 2012
If memory serves, I think the last name of the people with the stolen wedding gown was Roberts.
Its True Damn True

Ermine, KY

#14 Feb 13, 2012
Bobby Roberts and his clan. They were accused of stealing a wedding dress. Then on the show they said curling irons and hair dryers went missing from the hotel, they had stolen those as well, not sure if that was bobby or not but someone in that little crew done it. funny shat.
Talk Shows

Denver, CO

#15 Feb 15, 2012
The Talk Shows that bring people from anywhere in this region on their shows, do so for entertainment purposes. It's no wonder that people look down on those from the Appalachian Region. They pick or invite the worst they can come up with at the time. And sadly those people seem to be proud of being invited. Then the rest of the world ends up viewing Everyone that's from this region, as being the same. It makes everyone look very bad. No wonder the rest of the world thinks everyone from here is nothing but trashy low life thieves, pillheads, and idiots.
I know

Hindman, KY

#16 Feb 16, 2012
The Mosleys I think it was John Darrell and his sister Vicky was on there for child support or something like that they are from Bailey Fork AKA Mosley Town. The Roberts from over in Beaver were on there for the stolen wedding dress from a Hazard boutique one of them was a schoolbus driver because I remember them talking about him wrecking the bus because some of te kids were spitting spit balls at him and he said that is what caused him to wreck.
funny I found your forum

Brandenburg, KY

#17 Aug 16, 2014
I happened upon that show one afternoon and distinctly remember it. I was trying to see if the episode might be on YOU TUBE (Sally Jesse Raphael). I live close to Louisville. If anyone knows if it's available to watch, please respond.
Its True Damn True wrote:
Bobby Roberts and his clan. They were accused of stealing a wedding dress. Then on the show they said curling irons and hair dryers went missing from the hotel, they had stolen those as well, not sure if that was bobby or not but someone in that little crew done it. funny shat.
different day

Clemmons, NC

#18 Aug 22, 2014
The moms name was kim and she lived up on the hill by Brinkleys dairy bar, i went to her house not long after her daughters accident i was only about 16 at the time i will never forget her telling me her daughter almost made it home when the accident happened. Ive been trying to find that episode of SJR for yrs now but couldnt remember their last name.
Blessed

Flat Lick, KY

#19 Aug 22, 2014
I've been think about mandy a lot lately, really shocked to see someone bring it up on here. Just wondering what made you think of her. I know she's really missed.
yes

Ermine, KY

#20 Aug 23, 2014
I was thinking about another girl that left a beauty shop in Hindman thinking her BF was with another girl and she hit the telephone pole by the graveyard. There was a cross on that pole for a long time..That was the story I heard.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hindman Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 3 hr Chris Jarvis 8272 165,662
Election Who do you support for U.S. House in Kentucky (... (Oct '10) 6 hr Zeno 793
Knott Fiscal Court (Dec '16) 13 hr wise outlook 133
Local Young Lizzies 15 hr wise outlook 4
Slone and Bates Law Firm 22 hr The Black List 2
What do you think of T&G and TVS Cable services Mon Hope 5
Hot tot Mon not hot tot 2

Hindman Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Hindman Mortgages