Grown Men Living with Parents

Posted in the Hindman Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
whos speaking

Hindman, KY

#1 Jun 7, 2010
I think it's shameful for a grown man to be living with his parents. especially, if he is workun. sometimes you gotta grow a pair and fly away from the nest. get a life losers

“Go CATS!!!!!!!”

Since: May 09

Kite, ky.

#2 Jun 7, 2010
whos speaking wrote:
I think it's shameful for a grown man to be living with his parents. especially, if he is workun. sometimes you gotta grow a pair and fly away from the nest. get a life losers
what about if someone moves back in with their father to help take care of him with cancer? i am 35 and moved back in with dad 4 years ago to help him out, and he passed away 3 weeks ago due to his cancer. does this fit your post? i would certainty hope not.

Marty C.
ajku

Kite, KY

#3 Jun 8, 2010
some parents love their kids enough to not want to let them leave home.. i dont think its shameful i think its good parents...
Sorry

Isom, KY

#4 Jun 8, 2010
whos speaking wrote:
Someone didn't have very nurturing parents. I think you need a hug. I'm sorry you are so bitter.
WhoDat

Hindman, KY

#5 Jun 8, 2010
ajku wrote:
some parents love their kids enough to not want to let them leave home.. i dont think its shameful i think its good parents...
Remember this truism and it will explain EVERY good deed that EVERYONE does: EVERY act that ANYONE does is for selfish reasons. I don't mean SOME acts are for selfish reasons, I mean EVERY single act that a person does is for a selfish reason. Every act that anyone does is because YOU are receiving something in return. That could be in the form of material things, an emotional feeling of feeling good about yourself, a spiritual feeling...whatever. So please! Stop saying that you did something for someone out of the goodness of your heart. You did it because you are receiving SOMETHING in return. Think about it.
Hello

Isom, KY

#6 Jun 8, 2010
WhoDat wrote:
<quoted text>
Remember this truism and it will explain EVERY good deed that EVERYONE does: EVERY act that ANYONE does is for selfish reasons. I don't mean SOME acts are for selfish reasons, I mean EVERY single act that a person does is for a selfish reason. Every act that anyone does is because YOU are receiving something in return. That could be in the form of material things, an emotional feeling of feeling good about yourself, a spiritual feeling...whatever. So please! Stop saying that you did something for someone out of the goodness of your heart. You did it because you are receiving SOMETHING in return. Think about it.
Not cynical are you?
think

Hindman, KY

#7 Jun 8, 2010
WhoDat wrote:
<quoted text>
this is so lame if you stop and help somebody in a wreck you dont expect something in return or just because you help someone out dont mean that either
hate nosiness

Lewisport, KY

#8 Jun 8, 2010
why is this anyones business. it wouldnt matter to me if a man lived with his parents. There are alot of circumstances that lead to this situation. Now, I dont want a lazy man and most men dont want a lazy woman either. This goes both ways.

Its people who constantly thrive on other peoples business that make me sick. The person who noticed that this man was living with his parents---your too nosey, rosey.

Not everyone has a perfect life.

And others idea of perfect may be living with their parents and their parents may like this too.

Life is way too short to be worried about what our neighbors are doing.
baby

Hindman, KY

#9 Jun 8, 2010
WhoDat wrote:
<quoted text>
This "truism" is not limited to the physical sense.....though it doesn't leave it out either. Some people DO "take care" of others in order to get SOMETHING in return in the physical/financial sense...but this truism means that no act is selfless. Even if you do something out of the "kindness of your heart"......"not getting something in return"...the act in itself gives you a feeling of worth, or makes you feel that you've done something good for someone else. So you ARE getting something- and it IS considered to be selfish...but it isn't pure greed either. It's being human. the need for others and the need to be there for others.????
There are people out there that make sacrifices for other's...and there are people that choose not to go out of their way if it doesn't directly benifit them.
Living with parents isn't really something that matters in this case.
I am an adult, living with parents...living with them is selfish...but it's financially convenient in my current situation...allowing me to live there is not comepletely selfless either. They like having me close...and I help with bills, and knowing I'm safe and happy- rather than misearbly trying to scrape by on my own even with a good job--so neither are "selfless acts"....

Now what's it to you anyway if a man is living with his parents? the only people it would bother would be someone interested in SAID man and wanting him to get out from under mom's thumb...i've been in that situation too...and some parrents don't know when to cut the cord...BUT...if a man is truly interested...they will cut it themselves!!
KJoy

Richmond, KY

#10 Jun 8, 2010
whos speaking wrote:
A perfect example of an idiot trying to say something wise. FAIL.

“Curious? I am!”

Since: Oct 08

Hindman KY

#11 Jun 8, 2010
I think it depends on the situation. Not all men who live with their parents are losers. Some are going to school or helping aid a dependent parent. In those situations it is justified. Now, the spongers and leeches are a whole other matter.
harry pole

Hindman, KY

#12 Jun 8, 2010
Im only 47. and when our band makes it I will get my own crib.
onuptheroad

Whitesburg, KY

#13 Jun 8, 2010
I know a couple of those so called momma's boys that don't wanna face reality and leave mom, Y would they mom cooks, cleans, pays their bills, They spend their hard on money on WHATEVER!! Mom flips the bill.. Those are the one's that are in dire need a reality check, Most are single cause any smart, intelligent woman wouldn't have a 30 Plus man living with momma!!! God knows I don't......
Gut Wrench

Fremont, CA

#14 Jun 10, 2010
onuptheroad wrote:
I know a couple of those so called momma's boys that don't wanna face reality and leave mom, Y would they mom cooks, cleans, pays their bills, They spend their hard on money on WHATEVER!! Mom flips the bill.. Those are the one's that are in dire need a reality check, Most are single cause any smart, intelligent woman wouldn't have a 30 Plus man living with momma!!! God knows I don't......
Hey beeaaatch, what about parents living with their kids, idiot comment by you. Family's should stick together it only makes sense. But fkups like you have screwed all that up. You probably have a uncle momy and aunt daddy. Absolute stupidity in that hick dumb as* shi*t hole of the world place called Hindman.
hello

Hindman, KY

#15 Jun 10, 2010
I'm definitely not talking about someone living with parents to help them or care for them..that is totally different! SOrry you misunderstood marty..you are a great son and did the right thing. i'm talking bout these guys whose parents are FINE. they only live there to avoid their own bills. momma takes care of everything! lol momma might enjoy the company but an earlier post was right when they said no woman in their right mind would marry a guy who took advantage of his parents like that whether parents minded or not! ITS JUST PURE STUPIDITY..i want a man who can make it on his own. and WANTS to make it on his own and in turn help his parents out financially instead of it being the other way around. lol
ruff

Hindman, KY

#16 Jun 10, 2010
it only says to me that the man is a lazy coward unwilling to make a change in his life and he would never make a good provider to his family. get outta momma's house and get your own if you want a woman.
an adult

Hindman, KY

#17 Jun 10, 2010
and i don't need a hug. i am female and have been living on my own since an early age. i don't need a man or my parents to help me. so why should a man need help? your life is what you make it..but first you must have the want to. and i'm not nosey. i'm just sick of people whining and wondering why they are single..well there ya go! step up your game and go get what you want out of life.
Sorry

Isom, KY

#18 Jun 10, 2010
an adult wrote:
and i don't need a hug. i am female and have been living on my own since an early age. i don't need a man or my parents to help me. so why should a man need help? your life is what you make it..but first you must have the want to. and i'm not nosey. i'm just sick of people whining and wondering why they are single..well there ya go! step up your game and go get what you want out of life.
That says it all.

Since: May 10

Hindman, KY

#19 Jun 10, 2010
Hell, if someone has a PROBLEM with me..BRING IT..I live at home with my parents and younger brother..My younger brother is mentally handicapped and both my parents work, so i moved BACK home after living on my own to help take care of my youngest brother AND to help raise my 2 nieces and nephew there at home..

I think you people that are downing this have a very SICK and pathetic sense of what a MAN is.And my parents dont "flip my bill" for nothing..I pay my car payment, my car insurance,, my life insurance, my medicine, my groceries, my storage unit, and help pitch in on utilities..

As far as im concerned and 99.999% of the people i know believe this too, I'm much more of a man than you are..
onuptheroad

Whitesburg, KY

#20 Jun 10, 2010
Gut Wrench wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey beeaaatch, what about parents living with their kids, idiot comment by you. Family's should stick together it only makes sense. But fkups like you have screwed all that up. You probably have a uncle momy and aunt daddy. Absolute stupidity in that hick dumb as* shi*t hole of the world place called Hindman.
WOW BuBBY, DID I STEP ON A TOE OR TWO???? You don't worry about my uncle mommy or my aunt daddy... I STICK with my family but i cut the string like 20 yrs ago ASSHOLE!!!! SO slick mouth stay outta back yard, when you didn't sew the grass... GOT IT!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hindman Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 27 min Pat Henry 151,730
Trooper Leo 1 hr Miss thang 5
Good Dentist (Aug '13) 1 hr Former Patient 11
Jared Combs & LaSylvia Ritchie Wed Eyes in the sky 10
Cordia boys basketball Aug 23 cordia sux 3
Soft shell apartments Aug 23 Justdont 3
Megan Mullins Slone Aug 23 Iamher 6

Hindman Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Hindman Mortgages