death at jail
nunyah

Whitesburg, KY

#1 Jul 10, 2013
you think some of those so called jail officials will finally pull some time over beatin on the inmates? looks like they done it this time. took it to far! and before anyone gets on here defending them.. ive pulled alot of time there, i know what goes on. does anyone know his name yet?
Who

Martin, KY

#2 Jul 10, 2013
nunyah wrote:
you think some of those so called jail officials will finally pull some time over beatin on the inmates? looks like they done it this time. took it to far! and before anyone gets on here defending them.. ive pulled alot of time there, i know what goes on. does anyone know his name yet?
i seen them beat a black girl up and drag her out of the cell in 2005 or 2006 can't remember but she was beat up pretty bad
Lou

Hazard, KY

#3 Jul 10, 2013
It was a guy named Larry Trent, from the Hazard area. You can read more comments on Hazard topix (41701) under "does anyone know whats going on at the jail?
Concerned Citizen

London, KY

#4 Jul 10, 2013
Lou wrote:
It was a guy named Larry Trent, from the Hazard area. You can read more comments on Hazard topix (41701) under "does anyone know whats going on at the jail?
He was a nice guy. I'm shocked that he was even in jail because I never knew that he was in any legal trouble in his life. I hope that his family finds out the truth about how he died.
littleolme

Hindman, KY

#5 Jul 11, 2013
From what I've read in the news articles they have found out the truth which is why they are calling for justice on his behalf. It's a shame that they would treat someone this way and the greater shame is that it's not the first time they have beaten someone there. If all of the outraged and concerned citizens stand together and call for justice they will have no choice but to fire the people working there and put some folks in there that will treat people like human beings instead of punching bags.
Shame on them

Hindman, KY

#6 Jul 11, 2013
Where is the knott county fiscal court and the board members from knott county that sit on the board of KRRJ? Why do they along with perry county let stuff like this happen without saying a word? How many from Knott county has died in that place? I know of two.
JMO

Hindman, KY

#7 Jul 11, 2013
Anyone from Knott County that is on the board of the KRRJ needs their names published so that they can be contacted about this horrible situation. If anyone knows them, please put their names on here. The guards who did this has blood on their hands and they need to be held accountable.
Teresa

Liberty, KY

#10 Jul 12, 2013
I heard that Nancy Grace has been contacted about the matter. She might help get some answers.
Who

Martin, KY

#11 Jul 12, 2013
Teresa wrote:
I heard that Nancy Grace has been contacted about the matter. She might help get some answers.
nancy will get them I hope she airs the case I love watching her
common sense

Hindman, KY

#12 Jul 14, 2013
this case should not be investigated by local officials. the fbi needs to do it. if they get by with this it will only get worse. there needs to be a protest by the ppl right in front of the jail to let them know that we now know whats going on there. that big fat ass damon has hurt ppl before. i heard this boy had a shoe print on his chest. are these guards still working or are they on leave until after the investigation (with pay probably) something has to be done about this or there is going to be many more deaths and injuries there. every one of the guards and board members need to be replaced.
emmalena kentucky

Hindman, KY

#13 Jul 22, 2013
i just served 7 mths and they treated me like shit i was beat and put in the hle up front until i could heal up my family still has pictures of what they did to me the sad thing is they think bc they have that fake badge they can talk to u anyway they want and i think its crazy they put there hands on us and nothing happens to them it ant right i think they need to hire guards that r going to do there job and treat us the way we deserve! we were lucky if we got ice they never came back to check on us the only time they did was when a fight broke out the nurse treats ya like shit stuff u have to have she wont even give it to ya even tho ur doctor is telling her u have to have it i mean omg how would they like to be treated this way trust me it dont feel good at all i think all us needs to get together and put a end to the crazy shit
HAPPY HARRY

London, KY

#14 Jul 28, 2013
Are there any new details about the case?
Augerhead

Hindman, KY

#15 Jul 28, 2013
My guess is you will not hear anything else about this. It will be swept under the rug.
One Opinion

Hindman, KY

#16 Jul 30, 2013
I hope that everyone is watching the developments at the Kentucky River Regional Jail. Knott County pays for our prisoners to be confined at the jail, not MURDERED. There is an election coming up next year and I think this could be a big issue. If you have children, I'm sure you would not want them treated like that. Our judge, Mr. Weinberg, Greg Mullins at Homeland Security, and Knott County Jailor, Ricky Prater are on the Board, of Directors for the jail. The guards that did the murder and the Administrator of the jail, Mr. Kilburn, all need to be held responsible for this crime. Jail time is not supposed to be a vacation, but it isn't supposed to end in murder. I don't know the man that was murdered, but I do know that is was not right. I will be watching to see if our elected officials try to do the right thing. My prayers go out to Mr. Trent's family.
lol

Ermine, KY

#17 Aug 2, 2013
William C. Howell and Damon Hickman,,,rot in hell.
wonder

Clayhole, KY

#18 Aug 20, 2013
wondering if anybody has heard any updates.
just me

Whitesburg, KY

#19 Oct 9, 2013
Teresa wrote:
nancy grace will get to the bottom of things she is great
ice coldn

Knoxville, TN

#20 Oct 9, 2013
i heard damon hickman was working back at the jail
Oh Yeah

Hindman, KY

#21 Oct 9, 2013
If Damon is back at the jail there should be a public out cry.....No how ...No way should he be allowed to work there
SMH

Ermine, KY

#22 Oct 9, 2013
You people are touched!! They will never work in any line of work like that again. They (Damon & Curt)are not back at the jail, either of them. Damon is out on house arrest and Curt is still incarcerated. They scheduled to go on trial in Feb 2014. Watch the news www.wymtnews.com and get facts and quit gossiping. That's biggest problem in this county, everybody is high and going door to door gossiping about stuff that doesn't even make sense!!! Anyone with the tiniest bit of common sense knows Damon can't be back at the jail working....SMH @ ignorance

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hindman Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 1 hr Rodney Slone 160,487
thomas crum from garrett 8 hr Lonnie 2
lawyers in knott co. 16 hr okey 2
Alamander Martin Estate (Jun '11) Tue Want info 18
test Tue Test 1
drug users (May '16) Tue Big D 22
TVS Cable-Knott County Tue TVS Cable user 11

Hindman Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Hindman Mortgages