Bible study rules for public schools ...

Bible study rules for public schools proposed

There are 148934 comments on the The Courier-Journal story from Feb 10, 2010, titled Bible study rules for public schools proposed. In it, The Courier-Journal reports that:

FRANKFORT, Ky. - The state would create rules for teaching about the Bible in public high schools under a bill filed Monday by three Democratic senators.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Courier-Journal.

Known fact

Cape Canaveral, FL

#88442 Oct 12, 2012
Where Is True Christianity?
Historical facts reveal the truth behind the “greatness” of Constantine. Instead of being founded by Jesus Christ, the Head of the true Christian congregation, Christendom is partly the result of the political expediency and the crafty maneuvers of a pagan emperor. Very aptly, historian Paul Johnson asks:“Did the empire surrender to Christianity, or did Christianity prostitute itself to the empire?”-Revelation chapters 17 & 18 gives the answer!
All those who really want to adhere to pure Christianity can be helped to recognize and associate with the true Christian congregation today. Jehovah’s Witnesses worldwide are more than willing to help honesthearted people to identify true Christianity and to worship God in the way acceptable to him.—John 4:23, 24.
Creation

Winchester, KY

#88443 Oct 12, 2012
Quantummist wrote:
<quoted text>
Maybe you should have but would still have been specifically incorrect... As was written concerning Stalin, he was born a Orthodox Christian but considered Communism as a Religious construct.. So again.. Not Actually a Secularist...
"Communism was a comprehensive, all-embracing religion and not simply a political party, political system or philosophy. This fact is illustrated by the numerous ways in which Communism embraced and attemped to promulgate peculiar quasi-religious (and often clearly anti-scientific) beliefs which had nothing all to do with politics or government. Although Communism typically touted itself as anti-religious and pro-science, it was, in fact, deeply anti-scientific and clearly a religion. One of Communism's hallmarks in the Soviet Union and China was its aggressive and violent suppression of other religions. Communism was "anti-religious" only in the sense that it forcibly suppressed all religions other than itself."
From: Colin MacCabe, A Portrait of the Artist at Seventy, Farrar, Straus and Giroux, page 398:
"You know, they are fooling us, there is no God...all this talk about God is sheer nonsense" - Joseph Stalin in E. Yaroslavsky, Landmarks in the Life of Stalin, Foreign Languages Publishing House, Moscow 1940
Creation

Winchester, KY

#88444 Oct 12, 2012
Creation wrote:
<quoted text>
"You know, they are fooling us, there is no God...all this talk about God is sheer nonsense" - Joseph Stalin in E. Yaroslavsky, Landmarks in the Life of Stalin, Foreign Languages Publishing House, Moscow 1940
Although raised in the Georgian Orthodox faith, Stalin was an atheist. Stalin followed the position adopted by Lenin that religion was an opiate that needed to be removed in order to construct the ideal communist society. His government promoted atheism through special atheistic education in schools, anti-religious propaganda, the antireligious work of public institutions (Society of the Godless), discriminatory laws, and a terror campaign against religious believers. By the late 1930s it had become dangerous to be publicly associated with religion.[88]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Joseph_Stalin

“Speaker of Mountain Wisdom....”

Since: Jan 10

Somerset, KY

#88445 Oct 12, 2012
Creation wrote:
<quoted text>
Disbelief in God, Gods, Goddesses, is not Secularism...

SECULARISM
: indifference to or rejection or exclusion of religion and religious considerations.....

In the case of Stalin Communism was a religion as much as it was a political concept....
Creation

Winchester, KY

#88446 Oct 12, 2012
"The abolition of religion as the illusory happiness of the people is the demand for their real happiness. To call on them to give up their illusions about their condition is to call on them to give up a condition that requires illusions. The criticism of religion is, therefore, in embryo, the criticism of that vale of tears of which religion is the halo."-Karl Marx

Yep, Atheism is the religion of Marx.

“See how you are?”

Since: Jul 12

Earth

#88447 Oct 12, 2012
Yes and Amen wrote:
<quoted text>Hahahaha!
How did I KNOW you guys would deny anything, and everything
that might just prove you wrong!
Even you will know the truth @ your last breath...
We just hope it's before then!
Denial is not a river in Egypt... God is real!
I'm glad you know by now that I actually investigate your frauds and snake oil salesmen. A smitten of geographic knowledge of Egypt is a start, but might I suggest textbooks that are written by REAL college grads?

Somerset, KY

#88448 Oct 12, 2012
Creation wrote:
"The abolition of religion as the illusory happiness of the people is the demand for their real happiness. To call on them to give up their illusions about their condition is to call on them to give up a condition that requires illusions. The criticism of religion is, therefore, in embryo, the criticism of that vale of tears of which religion is the halo."-Karl Marx
No, Communism was the religion of Marx.... It was based on a Belief without evidence of it's inception.. Communism requires Belief in the perfection of it's classes... And requires all other religious views be rejected...

Atheism has a couple of variations... But in none is it a Religion as it Does Not Believe... I do not believe there is a God is not the same as I Believe God does not exist... I Believe God does not exist can be considered Religious in nature but is not the position of any Atheist I have ever spoken too...

“There is no god.”

Since: Jan 12

USA

#88449 Oct 12, 2012
Known fact wrote:
Where Is True Christianity?
Historical facts reveal the truth behind the “greatness” of Constantine. Instead of being founded by Jesus Christ, the Head of the true Christian congregation, Christendom is partly the result of the political expediency and the crafty maneuvers of a pagan emperor. Very aptly, historian Paul Johnson asks:“Did the empire surrender to Christianity, or did Christianity prostitute itself to the empire?”-Revelation chapters 17 & 18 gives the answer!
All those who really want to adhere to pure Christianity can be helped to recognize and associate with the true Christian congregation today. Jehovah’s Witnesses worldwide are more than willing to help honesthearted people to identify true Christianity and to worship God in the way acceptable to him.—John 4:23, 24.
Bull excrement, christianity is well represented by you and chester, full of lies, bearing false witness with the intent to hate. The use of fear as a tool to convert others to your beliefs. Hypocrites in all you post. Your god of the christian bible does not exist, you accept imagination as real and christianity has used it for hatred, there are no innocent christians all are quilty of crimes against humanity and one day will answer for it, and man will judge you. Keep your belief at home, also as chester should do, leave the children alone. To push christianity is to enable the hatred which is it's foundation.

“There is no god.”

USA

#88450 Oct 12, 2012
Creation wrote:
Atheism is not a religion, why do you religies lie, amazing.

“There is no god.”

USA

#88451 Oct 12, 2012
Repent wrote:
I would sincererly ask that you repent of your comments and deceptions before it is too late.
I sincerely ask that you stick your repent and deceptions, based on a fictional boogieman, up your religious ass. Thank you.

Satanic Priest

“There is no god”

War, WV

#88452 Oct 12, 2012
LOL in a suit wrote:
<quoted text>
So is the opposition of the christian cult a religion?

“See how you are?”

Earth

#88453 Oct 12, 2012
LOL in a suit wrote:
<quoted text>
It's the typical circular logic, and you might as well argue with a rock. The rock cannot comprehend that all other things around it are not also stone, and the faithful cannot comprehend a mindset that doesn't revolve around fantasy and superstition.
How can you expect people who are not honest with themselves to be honest regarding others?

Somerset, KY

#88454 Oct 12, 2012
Satanic Priest wrote:
<quoted text>So is the opposition of the christian cult a religion?
IMHO... Nope...
Creation

Winchester, KY

#88455 Oct 12, 2012
http://www.conservapedia.com/Atheism_and_comm...

Both are one and the same. Atheism and Communism.
Known fact

Cape Canaveral, FL

#88456 Oct 12, 2012
LOL in a suit wrote:
<quoted text>
Bull excrement, christianity is well represented by you and chester, full of lies, bearing false witness with the intent to hate. The use of fear as a tool to convert others to your beliefs. Hypocrites in all you post. Your god of the christian bible does not exist, you accept imagination as real and christianity has used it for hatred, there are no innocent christians all are quilty of crimes against humanity and one day will answer for it, and man will judge you. Keep your belief at home, also as chester should do, leave the children alone. To push christianity is to enable the hatred which is it's foundation.
Who is this Chester you refer to? I don't know him. I hope he does not fit the description you gave. I know for sure I do not! My religion is based on love, first love for the true God of the universe and love for my neighbor.
Known fact

Cape Canaveral, FL

#88457 Oct 12, 2012
[QUOTEwho="New Girl in Town_Ethereal"]It's not a matter ofyou "agreeing" with Hickam's Dictum, it's anissue thatyou don't in fact understand whatyou reposted. That's a very disingenuous, ignorant, and creepy matter. Stick with whatyou know about.You will be less likely to be called out by someone like me. Chump[/QUOTE]

You are such a pleasant looking young lady and I do not wish to conflict with you. You are correct I never finished the 10th grade. I have a fair education in God's Word the Bible.
rogerThat

AOL

#88458 Oct 12, 2012

End Time America :--2013, 2014 FOREWARNINGS

&li st=UU8Qo18rshzw6bdvE-X2Hc0Q &index=1&feature=plcp

“There is no god.”

USA

#88459 Oct 12, 2012
Satanic Priest wrote:
<quoted text>So is the opposition of the christian cult a religion?
If someone puts a lot of zeal into something it can be considered a religion, baseballcard collecting can be a religion. Basketball in kentucky is a religion. Hell, my first night of sex was religion.

But here on topics a definition is useless.

No, would be my answer, and if this is about atheism, atheism does not oppose religion, some atheists do oppose religion.

“There is no god.”

USA

#88460 Oct 12, 2012
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
It's the typical circular logic, and you might as well argue with a rock. The rock cannot comprehend that all other things around it are not also stone, and the faithful cannot comprehend a mindset that doesn't revolve around fantasy and superstition.
How can you expect people who are not honest with themselves to be honest regarding others?
Good post. Actually I expect nothing from the mindless sheep. I am just one of those that don't fit the parable of the slinky.

“There is no god.”

USA

#88461 Oct 12, 2012
Known fact wrote:
<quoted text>
Who is this Chester you refer to? I don't know him. I hope he does not fit the description you gave. I know for sure I do not! My religion is based on love, first love for the true God of the universe and love for my neighbor.
You should read posts and not bear false witness.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hindman Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
John Short in trouble? 14 hr Kentucky Down Under 22
Sherry Slone Sat Admirer 8
Megan Mullins Slone Sat Curious 3
JOHN SHORT ...drug supporter (May '10) Jun 24 truth 38
Pictures Jun 22 wonder 1
High or drunk mother wrecking young daughter in... Jun 22 Sambo 6
David Honeycutt passed away (Oct '15) Jun 21 yeah rite 10
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Hindman Mortgages