Bible study rules for public schools ...

Bible study rules for public schools proposed

There are 156489 comments on the The Courier-Journal story from Feb 10, 2010, titled Bible study rules for public schools proposed. In it, The Courier-Journal reports that:

FRANKFORT, Ky. - The state would create rules for teaching about the Bible in public high schools under a bill filed Monday by three Democratic senators.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Courier-Journal.

defender

Manchester, KY

#88372 Oct 11, 2012
LOL in a suit wrote:
<quoted text>Do you have a toe thing going on, you keep bringing toes up and no one else even mentions feet.
Theory of Evolution... Or should I say church of evolution...
defender

Manchester, KY

#88373 Oct 11, 2012
Satanic Priest wrote:
<quoted text>No, they debate in hopes of the delusional understanding reality. It is a mental illness to believe what you believe
You have no idea what I believe... But no matter if you believe in God or random chance it takes magic to make them work... Science states that!! Not me or any preachers... Scientific fact bud... It's a bitch...

“There is no god.”

Since: Jan 12

USA

#88374 Oct 11, 2012
defender wrote:
<quoted text>
Proof of God? That's easy!! Go play in the traffic and He'll be with you shortly... What's so hard about that?
Wow, you religies can not answer a question.

“There is no god.”

USA

#88375 Oct 11, 2012
defender wrote:
<quoted text>
Theory of Evolution... Or should I say church of evolution...
Lol, toe head, we have already determined you have no concept of what a theory is so no need in going there. So lets just imagine you do, what is your theory on your god being real. My theory is your christian god does not exist. As for evolution call it what you want, it is not a required part of being an atheist to give a hoot about our past relation to the primates. Of course it probably bothers you to think you might be in the primate line, does it bother you monkey unmensch, is that why you get all toed up?
Known fact

Cape Canaveral, FL

#88377 Oct 11, 2012
LOL in a suit wrote:
And thispost addressesyour bearing false witness about mypost in what way. I bet the evil cow is rubbing its hoofs together in anticipation ofyour arrival,you have sinned, unless,you can point out thepost where I stated "atheism is a religion".
You can read can't you?
On your post ID you admit that you are an atheist. The Satanic Priest admits it is a religion. If Atheists do not lie then one of you are lying if you say that Atheist is not a religion.
Satan is your God!

Since: Oct 08

Location hidden

#88378 Oct 11, 2012
The biggest LIE ever told is the one about a God and Jesus. It was designed to keep people in line and obedient. Do you REALLY think people like George Bush, Kenneth Copeland and Joyce Meyers BELIEVE the Bible? POOR, POOR, Christians. THEY all KNOW the TRUTH, and that is: This is the ONLY life you're going to get. BUT it's in their best interest ($$$$) to make you believe that IF you're good enough that one day you'll be with God in heaven with streets paved of gold. Don't look too hard, you might see the man behind the curtain...
Atheist

Frankfort, KY

#88379 Oct 11, 2012
Theists:

Semper necessitas probandi incumbit ei qui agit

Sorry, but that's the way it is.

Satanic Priest

“There is no god”

Since: Jul 12

War, WV

#88380 Oct 12, 2012
Known fact wrote:
<quoted text>
You can read can't you?
On your post ID you admit that you are an atheist. The Satanic Priest admits it is a religion. If Atheists do not lie then one of you are lying if you say that Atheist is not a religion.
Satan is your God!
Well, PAN is my God and Hekate is my Goddess

Satanic Priest

“There is no god”

War, WV

#88381 Oct 12, 2012
defender wrote:
<quoted text>
Proof of God? That's easy!! Go play in the traffic and He'll be with you shortly... What's so hard about that?
I can not believe that you just justified everything I have ever said about the christian cult

“See how you are?”

Earth

#88382 Oct 12, 2012
defender wrote:
<quoted text>
You have no idea what I believe... But no matter if you believe in God or random chance it takes magic to make them work... Science states that!! Not me or any preachers... Scientific fact bud... It's a bitch...
"Them" being God or random chance... So you worship a magical being and practice magic every time you roll dice or play a game of solitaire. You do realize that both of those things are prohibited in the Bible. Oh, I see... you qualify that SCIENCE says God and random chance work by magic. I seem to have missed those theorems and postulates in my alchemy classes.

“See how you are?”

Earth

#88383 Oct 12, 2012
Satanic Priest wrote:
<quoted text>I will be voting NO. Our politicians have their greedy hands every where.
I will be voting NO to all of the Florida constitutional amendments. The constitution(s) should be confined to limiting government intrusion on the people, not manipulated for the benefit of politicians and interest groups.

“See how you are?”

Earth

#88384 Oct 12, 2012
defender wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey I know!! Lets give our tax dollars to PETA so they can help those poor animals eat better... Or AARP to keep the lefties in office... Whatever...
You're ticked off at me because I DON'T want a constitutional amendment dedicated to sending tax dollars to special interest groups? Post after post by the religious right proves a consistent pattern of irrationality, exaggeration, fantasies and outright flat-out baseless bald-faced LIES and I'M the bad guy?
Yes and Amen

Richmond, KY

#88385 Oct 12, 2012
Spaceship earth wrote:
<quoted text>
What I posted is from the bible, why do you think I don't understand what is said, please explain. The Gay church,is that the only one you think is wrong?
Because you said...
"I hate to break the bad news to the christians in the thousands of different theologies concerning biblical beliefs. The bible shows it condemns almost all conflicting doctrines being taught today."
The fact is simple...
ALL who believe Jesus born of a virgin,
fully God, fully man, Lived a perfect life,
Took God's wrath in our place on the cross,
raised from the grave on the third day, and
sits at the right hand of the Father...
repent of your sins, trust that He paid your sin debt,
and get His righteousness...
That is what Paul is saying in
Galatians 1:8
But even if we or an angel from heaven should preach a gospel other than the one we preached to you, let him be eternally condemned!
as in Mormons, or Catholics... Not understanding that
when Christ said it was finished... nothing you can/will do
only cheapens the Gift!

No... the gay church is not the only one that's wrong...
Jesus said "Go, and sin no more!"
They that do not Repent of their sins, and still
live like the devil, has no place with God!
Thus...
Prov 16:25
There is a way that seems right to a man, but in the end it leads to death.
Yes and Amen

Richmond, KY

#88386 Oct 12, 2012
By the book wrote:
<quoted text>
John
3:16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only-begotten
Son, that whoever believeth in him, should not perish, but have
everlasting life.
That is a lie. God "GAVE" up nothing, if you believe in the whole book, then he simply took his son home to be with HIM, in which case christians were supposed to be joyful. No one who looses a son is joyful.
Maybe you should try to understand...
Before Christ... You had no hope for Heaven...
If you do not want that Gift... so be it!
Your choice!
Yes and Amen

Richmond, KY

#88387 Oct 12, 2012
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
My name is not Rove or Walton - and of course, they aren't planning on doing any of that blue collar suffering thing.
God's a family kind of guy? According to you and the Bible, he owns everything and wants you soul, too. If you don't suck up to him with praises and do his every bidding like a good little sycophant toady yes-man he'll make your life miserable and then toss you into a burning pit of agony forever.
Ask a rich atheist... is his life miserable?
I guess some are... they that have all the goodies
do commit a lot of suisides...
I guess money cannot buy happieness!
I've never been more happy, healthy, and sane before
I put my trust in Christ!
He can have Everything I've got...
and nothing here means anything without Him!
You can believe in whatever you want...
Don't blame Him, or me if you get what you wanted!
Yes and Amen

Richmond, KY

#88388 Oct 12, 2012
defender wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey I know!! Lets give our tax dollars to PETA so they can help those poor animals eat better... Or AARP to keep the lefties in office... Whatever...
Hahaha!
Good post!
The way it's going....
We'll be having dog, n cat bar-b-q's
Mmm Mmmm Good!
LOL
Yes and Amen

Richmond, KY

#88389 Oct 12, 2012
Known fact wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes Jesus was correct in what he said, but your understanding of the soul may not be correct. If you think man has a soul that is not correct. Man is a soul! There is a big difference in having something and being something. IF YOU THINK THERE IS NO DIFFERENCE Then may I ask do you have a car and if you answer yes then my next question is are you a car? Big difference.
Ok!
Yes I get that!
We are a Soul, that has a body...
I get that!
:-)
Yes and Amen

Richmond, KY

#88390 Oct 12, 2012
Spaceship earth wrote:
<quoted text>
Why are you being so silly about saying atheist is a religion. Religion is a system of worship, atheist worship nothing that I know of.
Would you consider YAA a spiritual brother in christ or just a follower of the wild beast of revelations and book of daniel?
Just curious how you think about conflicting systems of worship.
What was your reaction to the Higgs boson?
Archopterix? Do you get all warm n fuzzy when you hear Ding-dong Dawkins speak?
You do worship... just Not God!
Yes and Amen

Richmond, KY

#88391 Oct 12, 2012
defender wrote:
Lol... Watching the history of the world on the history channel.... Just love how they explain the origin of life!!! Is this where you morons get your info?.. Can't explain it so just make it up and sell it as truth.... Classic...
I know... Right?
It's ALL speculation, and they suck it up with a straw!
It'd be funny... if it wern't so sad!

“There is no god.”

USA

#88392 Oct 12, 2012
who="Known fact"]<quoted text>[QUOTE
You can read can't you?
Satan is your God![/QUOTE]

Here is your post to me,

who="Known fact"]<quoted text>[QUOTE No your religion is false. You said Athesist is the true religion! That has to be by necessity false religion![/QUOTE]

See where you posted,

"You said Athesist is the true religion!"

YOU are a liar, point out the post that "I" made stating that. SP has nothing to do with it, quit dodgeing like the lying christian that you are and show the post.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hindman Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The real reason Hwy 550 is blocked east of Mousie 5 hr lacky resident 1
Election Who do you support for U.S. House in Kentucky (... (Oct '10) 12 hr Harry 753
david turtle 16 hr Stinky 2
rehab coming to knott co. (Nov '14) Sun Question 34
Pig in a poke Sun Pile It On 16
sterrs fork Dec 3 Yeah 7
Does anyone know Tracy Thornsberry??? (Aug '09) Dec 2 Hahaha 6

Hindman Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Hindman Mortgages