Bible study rules for public schools proposed

Feb 10, 2010 Full story: The Courier-Journal 133,202

FRANKFORT, Ky. - The state would create rules for teaching about the Bible in public high schools under a bill filed Monday by three Democratic senators.

Full Story
Yes and Amen

Clay City, KY

#88247 Oct 9, 2012
In God I trust wrote:
Dear God,
Things are out of control in this country oppressing the people under tyranny by power for greed on the people. Do something quick.
Love
Your daughter
Amen!
Remember what Jesus said...
Let not your heart be troubled, or afraid...
These things must come to pass, and they are!
God Bless...
It's going to be alright!
:-)
Yes and Amen

Clay City, KY

#88248 Oct 9, 2012
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
A geologist can date rock strata and determine the processes that formed it. A paleontologist can date a fossil and describe the environment in which it lived. A Christian can point at his book and say "Jesus loves me".
"Jesus loves me"
That... You will find trumps all... ALL of their lies!
Hope you find that too!
Yes and Amen

Clay City, KY

#88249 Oct 9, 2012
Quantummist wrote:
<quoted text>
Yea.. Grab the Torches Boys... We gona go burn out Bill Gates, George Soros, George Glooney, The Kennedy's, The Kerry's, and all the Too Rich in Hollywood and rid ourselves of the Left Wing elitists that are driving the prices of every thing from Fuel to used cars to canned corn up on the backs of the poor people.....
They don't care if Gas is 10 bucks a gallon so of course they want to shut down the oil wells so they can see vast expanses of natural beauty in their 3 Million Dollar summer cabin without the pesky Po Folk driving through Their Nature... They found it humorous that so many poor folks would agree to turning over there food crops for them to have better views...
Let's Go, Grab the torches.... I'll bring the pitch forks.....
Hahahaha!
Good post!
Yes and Amen

Clay City, KY

#88250 Oct 9, 2012
Creation wrote:
Did Pontius Pilate Really Exist?
Few who have read the New Testament accounts of the trial of Jesus can forget the name Pontius Pilate. All four gospel accounts make reference to Pilate and he is also a prominent figure in the Gospel of Luke. But critics doubted his true existence for years. In fact, for approximately two thousand years, the only references to Pilate were found in such writings as Josephus and Tacitus. But aside from an occasional reference to Pilate in certain written records, there were no inscriptions or stone monuments that documented his life. But in 1961, all that changed. In that year, Pilate moved from a figure who was known solely from ancient literature, to a figure who was attested by archaeology
The Roman officials who controlled Judea during Jesus’ time most likely made their headquarters in the ancient town of Caesarea,(this is evidenced in two references by Josephus to Pilate’s military and political activity in that city). Located in Caesarea was a large Roman theater where archeologists found a two-foot by three-foot slab of rock with an inscription bearing the name of Pontius Pilate. A stronger piece of evidence for the New Testament’s accuracy would be difficult to find. Now known appropriately as “The Pilate Inscription,” this stone slab documents that Pilate was the Roman official governing Judea, and even uses his more complete name of Pontius Pilate, as found in Luke 3:1!
Great post!
Yes and Amen

Clay City, KY

#88251 Oct 9, 2012
the greatest gift wrote:
<quoted text> to be forgiven of your sins, for the Lord to remember them no more, to have the Holy Ghost comfort you each day, is in deed a honor that no one deserves, but is given freely by God who sent His only Son, Jesus Christ to die for us and bear all of your sins on the cross.
AMEN!
They'll Never understand until it happens to them!
Thank you Jesus!
I understand!
Yes and Amen

Clay City, KY

#88252 Oct 9, 2012
Had a Great weekend!
An Uncle went home to the Father,
The Rift between two siblings ended, and
Our oldest girl stopped in for a two day visit!
:-)
Hope you all had a great weekend too!
NNHHH

White Haven, PA

#88253 Oct 9, 2012
I'm so glad that Christianity is dying and all that's left are a minority of radical nutjobs posting on websites.

“See how you are?”

Since: Jul 12

Earth

#88254 Oct 9, 2012
Creation wrote:
Nobody says Jesus, Pilate, Herod or Nebuchadnezzar never existed, or that HISTORICAL events mentioned in the Bible did not occur.
Just because a Christian apologist/archaeologist states "We can just accept the Genesis records as being what they claim to be—factual eye-witness records" DOES NOT constitute proof that you are sane.
This is mine

Brighton, UK

#88255 Oct 9, 2012
I pooped myself in seventh grade and peed as well with the same buisness

“Speaker of Mountain Wisdom....”

Since: Jan 10

London, KY

#88256 Oct 9, 2012
Yes and Amen wrote:
<quoted text>You have heard of the Reformation?
Yep... And all it was is some people telling other people how to think... Has nothing to do with reading the texts that were telling the stories you wish to believe in their earliest form to understand the stories origins.. A Closer telling of truth that the re-written variations 1000's of years later... If I Believed the Word written are inspired by a God then I would make it my life's goal to find the earliest telling of those words and stories and not the later Man re written versions the assorted religions tell you to read...
Known fact

Cocoa Beach, FL

#88257 Oct 9, 2012
the greatest gift wrote:
to beforgiven ofyour sins,for the Lord to remember them no more, to have the Holy Ghost comfort you each day,isin deed a honor that no one deserves, butis given freely by God who sent His only Son, Jesus Christ to diefor us and bear all ofyour sins on the cross.
That has to do with God's grace (underserved kindness) extended to humans. It has nothing do do with YOUR honor.

“Speaker of Mountain Wisdom....”

Since: Jan 10

London, KY

#88258 Oct 9, 2012
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
Nobody says Jesus, Pilate, Herod or Nebuchadnezzar never existed, or that HISTORICAL events mentioned in the Bible did not occur.
Just because a Christian apologist/archaeologist states "We can just accept the Genesis records as being what they claim to be—factual eye-witness records" DOES NOT constitute proof that you are sane.
I once read a book that told me Martians were landing in towns across the globe, named the towns, told of the people and places... By the logic used in Christianity I should except the Martians as Real because the book spoke of places I can verify....

“See how you are?”

Since: Jul 12

Earth

#88259 Oct 9, 2012
Quantummist wrote:
<quoted text>
I once read a book that told me Martians were landing in towns across the globe, named the towns, told of the people and places... By the logic used in Christianity I should except the Martians as Real because the book spoke of places I can verify....
As in Orson Wells radio adaptation of War of the Worlds?

I heard of a book that condones killing one's unruly children... nope, not the Bible. Arkansas legislative candidate Charlie Fuqua's.

He is reasonable about it, though:
"They must follow the proper procedure in order to have the death penalty executed against their children."
Yes and Amen

Richmond, KY

#88261 Oct 9, 2012
NNHHH wrote:
I'm so glad that Christianity is dying and all that's left are a minority of radical nutjobs posting on websites.
Hold that thought!
Yes and Amen

Richmond, KY

#88262 Oct 9, 2012
Quantummist wrote:
<quoted text>
Yep... And all it was is some people telling other people how to think... Has nothing to do with reading the texts that were telling the stories you wish to believe in their earliest form to understand the stories origins.. A Closer telling of truth that the re-written variations 1000's of years later... If I Believed the Word written are inspired by a God then I would make it my life's goal to find the earliest telling of those words and stories and not the later Man re written versions the assorted religions tell you to read...
NT/OT
http://home.earthlink.net/~ronrhodes/Manuscri...
Hope this helps...
spaceship earth_ss

El Dorado Hills, CA

#88263 Oct 9, 2012
Known fact wrote:
<quoted text>
That has to do with God's grace (underserved kindness) extended to humans. It has nothing do do with YOUR honor.
If you sin during the thousand year reign of Jesus , will you be put to death or be forgiven like you are today. Not a trick question but one that some would ponder on I think.

Lots wife sin just by being curious and then put to death. Will it be as strick during the thousand year reign of christ?
Yes and Amen

Richmond, KY

#88264 Oct 9, 2012
Quantummist wrote:
<quoted text>
Now... you know that is just asinine!
Good movie though!
Yes and Amen

Richmond, KY

#88265 Oct 9, 2012
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
As in Orson Wells radio adaptation of War of the Worlds?
I heard of a book that condones killing one's unruly children... nope, not the Bible. Arkansas legislative candidate Charlie Fuqua's.
He is reasonable about it, though:
"They must follow the proper procedure in order to have the death penalty executed against their children."
Cut back on school shootings, n such!
We could extend that to parents too...
After all... They brought them up!
LOL
Yes and Amen

Richmond, KY

#88266 Oct 9, 2012
spaceship earth_ss wrote:
<quoted text>
If you sin during the thousand year reign of Jesus , will you be put to death or be forgiven like you are today. Not a trick question but one that some would ponder on I think.
Lots wife sin just by being curious and then put to death. Will it be as strick during the thousand year reign of christ?
Some say that Lots wifes sin was more about being desireous, or mournful of the life she was leaving!
Only those that don't want to sin will make it to the 1000 year
reign of Jesus... It's a Heart thing!
God knows your heart, and what you really want!
The Episcopal (Gay) church... Might have a Problem there!
Anyone remember what the 'straight' part renamed themselves?
spaceship earth_ss

El Dorado Hills, CA

#88268 Oct 9, 2012
Yes and Amen wrote:
<quoted text>Some say that Lots wifes sin was more about being desireous, or mournful of the life she was leaving!
Only those that don't want to sin will make it to the 1000 year
reign of Jesus... It's a Heart thing!
God knows your heart, and what you really want!
The Episcopal (Gay) church... Might have a Problem there!
Anyone remember what the 'straight' part renamed themselves?
Then why would Jesus rule will a iron fist if he knows no one will sin during the thousand year reign?

Why would a third test be required of anyone at the end of the thousand year reign of christ since satan already had been defeated before the thousand year reign?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hindman Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
New Internet service coming to Eastern Ky 28 min Cable 52
lied to 10 hr joe b 4
Lughead (May '14) 16 hr Bunny Rabbitt 18
Is HOT RODS Closed Now? Sat HotRods fan 5
2 Kentucky cities facing unpaid water bills Sat not betting on it 18
HES staff Leave Early Fri rue 2
knott co drug co officials Fri Knows 16
Hindman Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web