Bible study rules for public schools ...

Bible study rules for public schools proposed

There are 169010 comments on the The Courier-Journal story from Feb 10, 2010, titled Bible study rules for public schools proposed. In it, The Courier-Journal reports that:

FRANKFORT, Ky. - The state would create rules for teaching about the Bible in public high schools under a bill filed Monday by three Democratic senators.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Courier-Journal.

Creation

Richmond, KY

#88226 Oct 8, 2012
Christian Documents Pass the Test
The Gospels pass the external test of archeology, Jewish writings, Gentile writings, government records, and many other informants that we can’t even cover in this short article. The Gospels have shown with incredible accuracy that whenever there is information that can be verified by other sources, these sources confirm the truth of scripture. Men such as Sir William Ramsay have been convinced of the accurateness and trustworthiness of the Bible as a result of these findings. There is no doubt that archaeology proves the accuracy of the Bible and confirms the Bible as an inspired revelation from God.

Keep in mind that the New Testament does not necessarily claim to be a systematic representation of first-century history. It is not, per se, merely a history book. It does claim, however, that the historical facts related in the text are accurate, with no margin of error (2 Timothy 3:16-17; Acts 1:1-3). It is safe to say that, due to this extraordinary claim, the New Testament has been scrutinized more intensely than any other text in existence (with the possible exception of its companion volume, the Old Testament). But the overwhelming result of this close examination is an enormous collection of amazing archaeological evidence that testifies to the truthfulness of the various historical references in the New Testament. Over and over, biblical references that can be checked, prove to be historically accurate in every detail:

You may press the words of Luke in a degree beyond any other historian’s, and they stand the keenest scrutiny and the hardest treatment, provided always that the critic knows the subject and does not go beyond the limits of science justice (Sir William Ramsay, 1915).

Almost 3,000 years ago, the sweet singer of Israel, in his description of God’s Word, put it perfectly:

Psalm 119:160
“The entirety of Your word is truth”

http://www.pleaseconvinceme.com/index/The_New...

Satanic Priest

“There is no god”

Since: Jul 12

War, WV

#88227 Oct 8, 2012
Creation wrote:
The Gospels pass the external test of archeology, Jewish writings, Gentile writings, government records, and many other informants that we can’t even cover in this short article. The Gospels have shown with incredible accuracy that whenever there is information that can be verified by other sources, these sources confirm the truth of scripture. Men such as Sir William Ramsay have been convinced of the accurateness and trustworthiness of the Bible as a result of these findings. There is no doubt that archaeology proves the accuracy of the Bible and confirms the Bible as an inspired revelation from God.
Keep in mind that the New Testament does not necessarily claim to be a systematic representation of first-century history. It is not, per se, merely a history book. It does claim, however, that the historical facts related in the text are accurate, with no margin of error (2 Timothy 3:16-17; Acts 1:1-3). It is safe to say that, due to this extraordinary claim, the New Testament has been scrutinized more intensely than any other text in existence (with the possible exception of its companion volume, the Old Testament). But the overwhelming result of this close examination is an enormous collection of amazing archaeological evidence that testifies to the truthfulness of the various historical references in the New Testament. Over and over, biblical references that can be checked, prove to be historically accurate in every detail:
You may press the words of Luke in a degree beyond any other historian’s, and they stand the keenest scrutiny and the hardest treatment, provided always that the critic knows the subject and does not go beyond the limits of science justice (Sir William Ramsay, 1915).
Almost 3,000 years ago, the sweet singer of Israel, in his description of God’s Word, put it perfectly:
You sir are a liar. Not one thing in your post is true. In fact your cult has been caught faking things like the shroud of turin. As for what some one said hundreds of years ago when they where murdered if they spoke against the church?
Creation

Richmond, KY

#88228 Oct 8, 2012
Satanic Priest wrote:
<quoted text>You sir are a liar. Not one thing in your post is true. In fact your cult has been caught faking things like the shroud of turin. As for what some one said hundreds of years ago when they where murdered if they spoke against the church?
As if I am really concerned with what you think! Do some research and verify for yourself, instead of hiding behind your keyboard and calling people liars, that you would never dare do in a public forum.

“Question, Explore, Discover”

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#88229 Oct 8, 2012
Creation wrote:
If you are using sources older than fifty years it explains your error here. As we dig and scrape in the old lands the support for scriptural accuracy diminishes.

The Bible is an awesome collection but it is far from perfect. Not even the Synoptic Gospels are in perfect agreement on key issues.

“See how you are?”

Earth

#88230 Oct 8, 2012
Creation wrote:
Don't you think it's just a little bit desperate when you quote a site that calls itself "please convince me"? Where is your self respect?
Creation

United States

#88232 Oct 8, 2012
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't you think it's just a little bit desperate when you quote a site that calls itself "please convince me"? Where is your self respect?
What difference does it make about the site name. The content is correct.
Known fact

Cape Canaveral, FL

#88234 Oct 8, 2012
HIGHEST HONOR
The highest honor a person can have is being witness for the Ruler of the Universe Jehovah God and his Son Jesus Christ.-Isaiah 43:10, Acts 1:8
the greatest gift

Richmond, KY

#88235 Oct 8, 2012
Known fact wrote:
HIGHEST HONOR
The highest honor a person can have is being witness for the Ruler of the Universe Jehovah God and his Son Jesus Christ.-Isaiah 43:10, Acts 1:8
to be forgiven of your sins, for the Lord to remember them no more, to have the Holy Ghost comfort you each day, is in deed a honor that no one deserves, but is given freely by God who sent His only Son, Jesus Christ to die for us and bear all of your sins on the cross.

“See how you are?”

Earth

#88236 Oct 8, 2012
Creation wrote:
<quoted text>
What difference does it make about the site name. The content is correct.
LOL! There IS no content! The only argument is:

"The Gospels have shown with incredible accuracy that whenever there is information that can be verified by other sources, these sources confirm the truth of scripture."

You don't see the fallacy of this statement? Archaeological copies of copies say the same thing. If they don't, they aren't "verified".
This is a terrific example of one of YaA's favorite sayings, "Whatever you want to believe!"
Creation

Richmond, KY

#88237 Oct 9, 2012
Creation

Richmond, KY

#88238 Oct 9, 2012
This story is a rumor. The other site posted about archaeology is truth!
Creation

Richmond, KY

#88239 Oct 9, 2012
Yes and Amen

Mount Sterling, KY

#88240 Oct 9, 2012
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
You keep saying "whatever you want to believe". You might want to believe you'll win every lottery you enter and that all of your political picks are honest and competent. Just like your religion, your only evidence is unsubstantiated feelings and a bad track record.
Haha, Oh, but No!
It's not just 'feelings'....
He proved Himself to me, and I pray you get some too!
God's real, and you'll never prove otherwise!
Yes and Amen

Mount Sterling, KY

#88241 Oct 9, 2012
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
Ignorance is curable? There's diminishing hope.... You do realize that Catholics are the ones who WROTE your Bible?
Hahahahaha!
Ignorance is curable....
I'll let you figure out why your statement is not quite accurate!
Yes and Amen

Mount Sterling, KY

#88242 Oct 9, 2012
Satanic Priest wrote:
When American christians are confronted with the horrors of their history they try to distance themselves from the catholic church. Do they understand that it was the catholics that created the christian religion from the desert goat herders myths? The catholic church wrote the book now known as the bible.
When I hear some baptist claiming that catholics are not christians I laugh because they are the ones who invented Christianity.
If American christians want to re-invent a religion they should start from point zero and create their own cult.
We do start from 'point zero'...
Jesus Christ Himself!
Every post you make point to your ignorance, and ability to speak non-truths!
Tell us again how yer cult likes to torture, rape, and kill innocent children!
Yes and Amen

Mount Sterling, KY

#88243 Oct 9, 2012
MGrams wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL...Another christian who feels the need to call someone stupid. Who says god created anything other than what is written in a book. Did god create this book no some followers did and a printing company of course. Therefore you cannot say it is true or not and must rely on personal experiences. If you been saved then it was on your own accord and trickery of your mind to live a different way. You can pass judgement but I have been a believer until I learned there is more than just what a book says it true. I studied religions of the world learned how and why religion and god are a part of a persons life and then made my own decision as to whether to keep believing or not. In the end it is my choice to choose what may be true or what may be not true, if I need help I will seek a professional that is capable of communicating in real life not some imaginary man who has never proven his existance. You may say e has proven it but you are only trying to believe in something that helps you. To force religion on a person is wrong period it has to be a choice each person makes and the path they want to take. In the end a strong minded person who lives to their best ability doesnt need to believe in god. Weak minded people need guidance.
"Therefore you cannot say it is true or not and must rely on personal experiences. If you been saved then it was on your own accord and trickery of your mind to live a different way."
Oh No... Not just feelings, or trickery of the mind!
When the Lord saved me, and I got back to knowing Him...
He told me, that He never left me... I left Him!
Then He told me to look back at my life to see what
He protected me through, and I did!
There was no tricks of my mind... Just God's Grace!
Here's two of the big ones for you to scoff at...
(1) Two .22 cal bullets Passing through my face/head Without...
Leaving a mark!
(2) Three syringes of meth... I pumped into my viens...
Bang, Bang, Bang! I went into convulsions, and felt my heart stop!
I lived!
I'll give you one more!
Depressed, sitting in my shed... w/ a propane tank, and
a lighter... wanting to blow myself up...
A Voice came from all around me... "Don't do it!"
My depression immediately went away!
You can believe what ever you want...
God is real, and even you will know it too!
Deal with it!
Yes and Amen

Mount Sterling, KY

#88244 Oct 9, 2012
MGrams wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL..No you can and your a fool if you think you can prove god s real. You may listen to the voices in your head but that called being crazy not god. I dont try to prove god is real or not real. I know he is not and until the day he shows proof other than someone claiming he is then my opinion will remain the same. I dont care if I go to hell or heaven because I am going in the ground which today I can see clearly is nothng more than black dirt.
Good luck with that!
I know you'll be surprised at the truth!
Yes and Amen

Mount Sterling, KY

#88245 Oct 9, 2012
Quantummist wrote:
<quoted text>
A better way to have said it was the Catholics, Translated it, Re-Wrote it, selected what goes into it and what stays out of it...
A True Believer would not allow such a group to limit your reading selections if you Truly Believed God inspired the writings, They would seek out the dozens of assorted other scriptures that were written which the Catholics choose not to include...
You have heard of the Reformation?
Yes and Amen

Mount Sterling, KY

#88246 Oct 9, 2012
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
The original text of Revelations is held to have been written between 70 and 95 AD, which was during the formation of the Catholic communities (so the answer is yes) but before the convening of the councils.
There is firm evidence that the Councils of Carthage, Hippo, Milevum, Nicea, et al edited and rewrote texts in both the Old and the New Testaments.
One glaring example is that the Jewish Tanakh has 24 books, while the Orthodox Christian OT has 53 and the Protestant OT (1647 AD) has 39.
Inventions that are held to have been inserted into the New Testament by these councils were (among others) immaculate conception, eternal life (and the associated Limbo, Purgatory, Hell as an ethereal location and punishment in the Lake of Fire), Satan as an omnipresent and active deity and the trinity.
"The original text of Revelations is held to have been written between 70 and 95 AD, which was during the formation of the Catholic communities (so the answer is yes) but before the convening of the councils."
Hahahahahahahahahaha!
WRONG!
Just as there were No Christians before Christ...
There were NO Catholics before Contantine!(332AD)
Now... go stand in the corner for lying!
... at least for being stupid!
Yes and Amen

Mount Sterling, KY

#88247 Oct 9, 2012
In God I trust wrote:
Dear God,
Things are out of control in this country oppressing the people under tyranny by power for greed on the people. Do something quick.
Love
Your daughter
Amen!
Remember what Jesus said...
Let not your heart be troubled, or afraid...
These things must come to pass, and they are!
God Bless...
It's going to be alright!
:-)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hindman Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
prepare to be amazed!!! 12 hr Mozondie 1
Heav Caudill Sat Tony Coots 2
Felicia Day (Aug '13) Fri Dolly 5
What's selling in Vicco? Fri Brittany 4
LETCHER Co Drug Roundup Fri Hopeful 1
tim and Heather Fri Sup 12
Would Any one know? (Sep '09) Thu Igwt 5

Hindman Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance