Bible study rules for public schools ...

Bible study rules for public schools proposed

There are 172932 comments on the The Courier-Journal story from Feb 10, 2010, titled Bible study rules for public schools proposed. In it, The Courier-Journal reports that:

FRANKFORT, Ky. - The state would create rules for teaching about the Bible in public high schools under a bill filed Monday by three Democratic senators.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Courier-Journal.

“There is no god.”

Since: Jan 12

USA

#85737 Aug 16, 2012
havent forgotten wrote:
<quoted text> "The idiots deserve it "- does that apply to all Christians?
Why do you assume that I have never told any Christian that I am an atheist? Do you mean in person or on topix? If you mean on topix, you are really crazy and make false accusations without paying any attention to my comments. If you mean in person, I do not generally use the term atheist, I do use the term "ecumenical agnostic" and then explain my views on ethics, ecumenical possibilities based on ethics and tolerance of the religious views of others, agnosticism as a refusal to claim to know and thus as a way to avoid hostility, and my objections to Christianity and the Christian God. One reason I do not merely call myself an atheist is that I would not want to be confused with types like you, who are so vicious and hostile to Christians and use nasty words about them.
My friends and acquaintances know that my agnosticism is friendly and not threatening, and that my views are equivalent to a narrow view of atheism, in that I do not believe in their God. I generally do not explain much about other views regarding philosophical views ,in detail, because most folks here like most on topix, have never studied philosophy or logic.
Yes all, and what only you can call someone something, hypocrite.

“There is no god.”

USA

#85738 Aug 16, 2012
havent forgotten wrote:
<quoted text> religitards is another word used by inferior persons. the suffix tard is nasty.
A decent and strong atheist would use the word Christofascist and define very very explicitly every implication in that word. Nasty atheists, like all nasty persons, use the suffix "tard."
And all arrogant people call others inferior, hypocrite.

“There is no god.”

USA

#85739 Aug 16, 2012
havent forgotten wrote:
<quoted text> no, I was extremely lucky to be free of religious indoctrination and from local social pressure. and I am accustomed to posting on the atheist forum where we sometimes do have philosophical discussions. If atheists are persons who freed themselves from fundie backgrounds, they tend to be much more fixated on opposing the fundie extremist views - and a bit less careful not to overgeneralize. I count myself lucky to have been able to read philosophy and have a minor in it, and it explains my different attitude. I do not believe in free will, so I think of everything as an explanation, not as bragging.
The people who say they know there is no God, and they do not have to prove it, are the arrogant ones. just like the ones who say they know there is such and such a God, and they do not have to prove it.
So if someone does not follow your thinking, lol, hypocrite.

“There is no god.”

USA

#85740 Aug 16, 2012
havent forgotten wrote:
<quoted text> it is only to show that definition makes a lot of difference. pantheism is a subterfuge for atheism someone said.
I just am trying to make fun of those who say they know there is no god and do not bother to define the term God.
I am an agnostic atheist. My view is like yours that a god is unlikely to exist and I personally do not believe any god exists.
But I am hostile to the arrogant hard atheists who claim to know there is no God and do not bother to define the words know or God.
Thank you for your comment. If you read my comments on the atheist forum you would know more about my views.
on here, mostly I am attacking the obscene ones, of whatever faith or nonfaith. not my preference for a discussion topic!
Lol, hypocrite, now you are just here to attack people, wow, before you were not, what a joke.

“There is no god.”

USA

#85741 Aug 16, 2012
havent forgotten wrote:
<quoted text> religitards is another word used by inferior persons. the suffix tard is nasty.
A decent and strong atheist would use the word Christofascist and define very very explicitly every implication in that word. Nasty atheists, like all nasty persons, use the suffix "tard."
It is meant to be nasty , it draws a response, why do you think yaa uses it, to be nice, what a arrogantard you are and a hypocritard as well, blow me, ooops, I mean good day.

“There is no god.”

USA

#85742 Aug 16, 2012
Where did you go iowatard, I thought you were here to attack inferior people like me.

“There is no god.”

USA

#85744 Aug 16, 2012
Yes and Amen
#85746 Aug 16, 2012
trusted wrote:
<quoted text> Okay maybe so , but we do tend to remain human , and sin will be a daily thing. As the saying goes Forbidden Fruit causes many jams. GOOD looks catch the eye but a GOOD personality catches the heart. If God could only bless us all with both. Great nite to you , I tend to agree with you on alot , not all, but alot.
Thanks!
Tis only by Grace that we have this moment, and
Faith to see it through!
Shalom :-)
Yes and Amen
#85747 Aug 16, 2012
havent forgotten wrote:
<quoted text>it was OK with some folks and not with others when I wrote this to yaa. as shown by the judgeits. I bet that accusing an atheist of being disgusting and obscene would get the same mixed reaction - from a different set of sources. But disgusting and obscene comments are unacceptable whether they come from a fundie socalled Christian or from an atheist. I do not believe in a double standard.
Incase you missed it... The "&#^@^@@@^@", and other things in that post was specifically used to point out the Liberal ideas of tolerance... It's oK with "Most" of you to talk bad to the fundies...
BTW I like the word fundies, as I equate it with Jesus freaks...
Once I used to call Christians that same thing, and now...
I are one!
Blessed is the Nation, who's God is the Lord!
Yes and Amen
#85748 Aug 16, 2012
havent forgotten wrote:
<quoted text> this is an example of disgusting and obscene from someone who is apparently an atheist. though it might be some nasty person pretending to be an atheist and writing nasty comments in order to give others a bad impression of atheists. I try to repudiate the nasty atheists, when they are more interested in making disgusting insults than in discussing substance.
Good luck with that!
Did you miss Mike's "Shut the ^#@^ up!"
LOL
Yes and Amen
#85749 Aug 16, 2012
LOL in a suit wrote:
<quoted text>Why not, the idiots deserve it, you have never told any christian your atheist have you, well I have and they hate you for it, I will always be against their hypocrisy and yours.
Wrong!
We don't Hate anyone!
If we hated you... why would we invite you to Heaven???

Since: Apr 12

Location hidden

#85755 Aug 16, 2012

“Speaker of Mountain Wisdom....”

Since: Jan 10

http://www.pixoto.com/quantumm

#85756 Aug 16, 2012
Hocke wrote:
<quoted text>
Awesome Q!
On a side note, I hope you read my post that added the speed of light to the argument about the age of the universe/earth.

That I did... But just to be contrary ... I submit that the speed of light is variable not constant and is universally set by the total separation distance of matter with inertial mass on a universal scale and locally modified by the density of matter with inertial mass in the galaxy .... But varies at a rate so small as to not be measurable on human scale and seems a constant...

Since: Apr 12

Location hidden

#85757 Aug 16, 2012
Quantummist wrote:
<quoted text>
That I did... But just to be contrary ... I submit that the speed of light is variable not constant and is universally set by the total separation distance of matter with inertial mass on a universal scale and locally modified by the density of matter with inertial mass in the galaxy .... But varies at a rate so small as to not be measurable on human scale and seems a constant...
I was addressing in terms of a light year. When we view stars with a telescope the light from that star has taken millions to billions of years to reach us. Not able to link or find this one, but one scientist said that if everything was placed by a creator and made to look old(i.e. the light appears to have travled the millions of years though it has only travled for 6000) the waveforms would be alot different(light is basically photon particles that travel in the form of a wave as does all other energy). Yes I agree with you that the gravitational forces and other matter affects light's speed, but not enough for us to measure a difference when astronomers gauge the distance of a star.

I think that some Christians deny scientific theories because it creates a paradox in their interpretation. For example, the denial of scientific meaurements of the age of Earth. On the other hand, they seem to embrace theories such as D-branes in string theory. Some theoritcal physicists believe that being exist in the 5th dimension(outside of our 4) and are able to interact with ours; some Christians accept this as "proof" of God's existence. I feel that confirmation bias plays heavily into these lines of ideolgy.

I prefer reason over blind ideology, but I am still a Christian. I find value in the philosophy, as there is in a lot of disciplines of philosophy. I don't feel that everyone must follow a particular religion, but need to study a philosophy. Humankind has always expressed a need to understand thoughts, as we tend to consider more than just the direct physical.

I would like to ask you, Q, which philosophies you have found useful.
Yes and Amen
#85759 Aug 17, 2012
Quantummist wrote:
<quoted text>
Is that like saying...
If you seperate the sun, and pluto @ the speed of light...
Pluto would always be IN the light?
Yes and Amen
#85760 Aug 17, 2012
LOL in a suit wrote:
<quoted text>It is meant to be nasty , it draws a response, why do you think yaa uses it, to be nice, what a arrogantard you are and a hypocritard as well, blow me, ooops, I mean good day.
Hahahaha!
You think I use it to be mean???
No! Just to help you STOP being a tard!
God is real... Grammy knew it!
:-)
trusted

New Haven, KY

#85762 Aug 17, 2012
Here is one for all today. Hope it is a great one ..

I am afraid of death, not because it will take away my life but after death I would not be able to know that you might not be there with me, for me to see , again. Please let's meet again someday? If not in this world for sure in the next.

I want to give you the most precious gift so I am wrapping my heart in my true emotions and sending it your way , so that your day may be filled with precious gifts as well

May love saved you from the brutality of this world and carry you do the glory of the next. Great Day ...

“Breaking the spell ”

Since: Dec 10

of the puppet master

#85763 Aug 17, 2012
Quantummist wrote:
<quoted text>
Wouldn't the small difference mean the estimate of the age of the universe would be negligible?

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#85764 Aug 17, 2012
Yes and Amen wrote:
<quoted text>Hahahaha!
You think I use it to be mean???
No! Just to help you STOP being a tard!
God is real... Grammy knew it!
:-)
By your logic, you can use any kind of manners you wish as long as the goal is to stop others from being mentally challenged?

Your logic is always flawed. I suggest it is due to your flawed religion. How can you get anything straight when you start from myth?

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#85765 Aug 17, 2012
trusted wrote:
Here is one for all today. Hope it is a great one ..
I am afraid of death, not because it will take away my life but after death I would not be able to know that you might not be there with me, for me to see , again. Please let's meet again someday? If not in this world for sure in the next.
I want to give you the most precious gift so I am wrapping my heart in my true emotions and sending it your way , so that your day may be filled with precious gifts as well
May love saved you from the brutality of this world and carry you do the glory of the next. Great Day ...
Just because you wish to not be separated does not make it possible.
Your poem shows why the afterlife was invented by mans imagination. We want, so we imagine. Just remember our imaginations are just our imaginations. They are not visions as the ancients believed and wrote bible stories as if fact.
The bible often describes dreams as a vision. We know better now, or at least we should.

If someone told you about their dream last night and claimed it was a vision, would you not laugh at him?
This is why we laugh at those who believe the ancients dreams were visions.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hindman Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Magistrate district 4 3 hr Mr Maggard 5
Lasylvia 7 hr Ginger D Slone 2
No one believes you are grieving. Stop acting 7 hr Nerdy Birdy 5
What does Pam Johnson drive? (Dec '14) 12 hr donald 12
Lori Green (Mar '17) 12 hr donald 15
Kelly Hollan: What Happened? (Sep '09) Mon Ky Babe 485
crystal stacy (Oct '14) Sun Just me 9

Hindman Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance