Bible study rules for public schools ...

Bible study rules for public schools proposed

There are 163325 comments on the The Courier-Journal story from Feb 10, 2010, titled Bible study rules for public schools proposed. In it, The Courier-Journal reports that:

FRANKFORT, Ky. - The state would create rules for teaching about the Bible in public high schools under a bill filed Monday by three Democratic senators.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Courier-Journal.

“Breaking the spell ”

Since: Dec 10

of the puppet master

#85079 Aug 5, 2012
Yes and Amen wrote:
<quoted text>First... Let me show you just how ignorant you are...
I mostly wear Cotton, not that this matters!
Romans 1 is what we gentiles need to read, AND
"It says if a city isn't Christian"...
Guess what? It does NOT say that, and I could just let you figure it out for yourself, but I fear you don't have that kind of time to waist...
So... How many Christians were there back then???
HINT; NONE!
Why?; Christ had not came on scene before He was born!
Not in the form of Christ anyways...
Christian means Follower of Christ!
Secondly;
You have two choices in your life...
Righteousness unto Life, or
Sin unto Death!
Choose Wisely!
Good day!
You are correct in that it does not say "Christian" but if you are "Christian" then the command still applies.

The command is in Deuteronomy and it says is a town tries to sway you from your god, destroy it. Deuteronomy 13 6-10.

So if your god is the Christian god, the command applies. So you are just nit picking the substance of this debate. Splitting hairs.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#85080 Aug 5, 2012
Yes and Amen wrote:
<quoted text>It's not messed up!
What you think is impossible... isn't
God is real!
He saved me!
Forget all this other garbage, and TRY to get to know Him!
You'll be glad you did!
So we are supposed to forget the talking snakes and incest? Sorry, but that just kind of sticks in ones mind.
Maybe you need to start over and invent a new god that does not carry all that silly baggage.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#85081 Aug 5, 2012
Yes and Amen wrote:
<quoted text>Whatever you want to believe...
It's on you, not me!
Promise? So you are giving up on your 'only' mission in life? Thank god.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#85082 Aug 5, 2012
Yes and Amen wrote:
<quoted text>Hahahahha!
It's Not a religion!
We've been telling you guys this for a long time!
It's a Relationship!
So what you suggest we follow does not fit this description?
Religion is a collection of cultural systems, belief systems, and worldviews that relate humanity to spirituality and, sometimes, to moral values.[http://en.wikipedia.or g/wiki/Religion
I understand the word 'religion' carries a lot of baggage, but it is just what your are pushing (baggage). You are just denying the language and words we use to describe things.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#85083 Aug 5, 2012
Yes and Amen wrote:
<quoted text>That's pretty Tardish of you!
Yet I do not hate even you!
Here's just one of the 56,000,000 babies your side killed since 1974...
http://abortionno.org/index.php/abortion_fact
Please stop being a tard... you're looking bad to your side!
"Our side"? I guess you deny Christians have abortions also?

“See how you are?”

Since: Jul 12

Earth

#85084 Aug 5, 2012
Yes and Amen wrote:
<quoted text>It used to cost 1m a mile... I wonder who caused the increase??? My guess is Unions!
My guess is that you are simple-minded.
Material costs, property values and wages go up with inflation, as does the dollar amount of the contractor's profit - but not the dollar value.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#85085 Aug 5, 2012
Yes and Amen wrote:
<quoted text>Believe me!
I do know what causes the wind to blow...
In the world, and in you!
In the world, it's the sun, differences between High, and Low presure zones causes the air to move...(see thermal currents)!
In you??? Your posts say it all!
Very good, and no instructions by anyone needed. We no longer look to the gods and wonder why it is making the wind blow. Gap closed. No longer a need to insert a god into that gap of knowledge.
Now just learn a lesson from that please?

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#85086 Aug 5, 2012
Yes and Amen wrote:
<quoted text>You missed the point again!
It should NEVER have been a problem to begain with!
The Difference between Righteousness, and Un-righteousness!
You might have to get someone to explain that to ya!
Again, how can you stop it?

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#85087 Aug 5, 2012
Known fact wrote:
<quoted text>
Can you say,"In Jesus' name" and raise the dead? Just curious. Jesus cast out demons and raised the dead. Can you do the same? If not why not?
Got any evidence for that fantastic claim?

The bigger the claim, the more evidence required to believe it. Your claim has zero evidence.

Satanic Priest

“There is no god”

War, WV

#85088 Aug 5, 2012
Yes and Amen wrote:
<quoted text>WOW!
Wrong again Tardo!
In case you didn't know this...
I can fix the AC, TV, computer (and program it)...
I can weld, do body work, rebuild and engine, build a house from the services up...
I can also design, build, and fly aircraft!
My IQ is atleast 147 and that was in 83!
I've got hair on my arse older, wiser, and smarter than you!
And NONE of that means a hill of beans when the Lord comes back!
And He will!
My only mission is to tell you... God is real!
He made a way for you to be with Him...
It is YOUR choice to believe, or not!
End of story!
Good day!
From your post I would say you got some numbers mixed up. Your I.Q. is 83? Do you know what I.Q. stands for? You fix computers? What does an ISO, Linux, and a hard drive that will not boot have in common? YOU build an aircraft? What, a hot air balloon? I think you are an 11 year old troll that wants his mommy to love him but she does not because no one can love you right?

Satanic Priest

“There is no god”

War, WV

#85089 Aug 5, 2012
Yes and Amen wrote:

<quoted text>You missed the point again!
It should NEVER have been a problem to begain with!
The Difference between Righteousness, and Un-righteousness!
You might have to get someone to explain that to ya!
Again, how can you stop it?

The problem comes in when people try to force their likes and dislikes as righteousness. Dont like women who do not wear that new invention called a bra? Call it a sin, do not like to dance? Call it unrighteous, can not understand math? Say science is of the devil WE WILL ALWAYS STAND GUARD AGAINST YOU FREAKS!

Satanic Priest

“There is no god”

War, WV

#85090 Aug 5, 2012
[quote]Yes and Amen wrote:

<quoted text>It used to cost 1m a mile... I wonder who caused the increase??? My guess is Unions![/quote]
Your guess? Sounds like you just repeat what you are told. The labor unions created the middle class which supports your cult. Do not bite the hand that feeds you freak boy

Since: Feb 12

Clay City, KY

#85091 Aug 5, 2012
to all those who believe that the bible is a fairy tale , then why not teach it in school snow white is a fairy tale nobody objects to that book so what,s the problem can,t hurt you can it has snow white done anything ? no" lets get real people quit complaning about everything the bible has got a lot of good education in it , lord knows some of you could use it, some people pretty stupid

Satanic Priest

“There is no god”

War, WV

#85092 Aug 5, 2012
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>Got any evidence for that fantastic claim?
The bigger the claim, the more evidence required to believe it. Your claim has zero evidence.
Two idea's that the church adopted from Adolph Hitler; THE BIG LIE, the bigger the lie the more people wll believe it. AND An educated and INFORMED people are more difficult to CONTROL.
DO NOT TAKE MY WORD FOR THIS, USE GOOGLE

Satanic Priest

“There is no god”

War, WV

#85093 Aug 5, 2012
HORSE TURD wrote:
to all those who believe that the bible is a fairy tale , then why not teach it in school snow white is a fairy tale nobody objects to that book so what,s the problem can,t hurt you can it has snow white done anything ? no" lets get real people quit complaning about everything the bible has got a lot of good education in it , lord knows some of you could use it, some people pretty stupid
Children are told snow white is a work of fiction and the christian cult wants to tell children the bible is the truth THAT IS THE DIFFERENCE! Oh, you do not know how to use the English language so look in the mirror for a STUPID PERSON
Calgary

Olive Hill, KY

#85094 Aug 5, 2012
Why not teach it in church and bible school? You want your children taught the bible in school? Then send them to a catholic or christian private school, as they have appropiate and well structured curriclum for teaching it.
If you value the 1st Amendment, then be prepared to accept it's meaning. If even one student is a muslim, neither the student nor his/her parents will accept a christian bible being "forced" upon them. Jews, hindus, buddhists, taoists, agnostics, aethists, satanists, and so on will react the same way; and it is their Constitutionally protected right to.
Or we can teach all books from every religion in existence in lieu of math, science, art, and tradeskills. You know, subjects that help students succeed in professional careers.

“See how you are?”

Earth

#85095 Aug 5, 2012
HORSE TURD wrote:
The Christians banned Little Red Riding Hood from some schools because she had wine in her basket.
Nobody tries to teach Snow White as a true story - try to teach the Bible as fiction.
Overall, the Sermon on the Mount has a good message of tolerance and moderation, but those parts are absolutely and completely invisible to the religious right. If you bring them up to zealots, bigots and hypocrites,(such as the Chick-fil-A anti-gay threads), you will be bombarded with vile loathing and hatred.

The Bible does not alleviate stupidity.
defender

London, KY

#85097 Aug 5, 2012
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>It is not a problem with evolution theory, it is just something not yet known. It does not negate what evolution does claim.
This is where you keep going wrong. You think because evolution does not have every answer to every question about life, it must not be true. That is not logical.
By that sort of reasoning, if you do not know all there is to know of god, god must not be true.
Now see how that logic fails?

Maybe science will someday answer more of your questions. Likely it will. But as questions are answered, more arise. That is how it always goes. But is it ever logical to insert a god into the momentary gap of knowledge? I cannot see it as logical.

I am not asking you to tell me what evolution is not claiming, I am asking what evolution claims that you disagree with. There is a massive difference.
You and many Christians complain evolution is in schools telling lies. So what lies are they telling, specifically?

So far, you have not pointed to a single one.
No need to get bent outta shape.. You don't know and that's the only point I had to prove on the subject..
defender

London, KY

#85098 Aug 5, 2012
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>The purpose of replication is to keep the genetic information alive.
Just as you feel the instinctive urge to procreate in order to replicate your genes. Not many think of the consciously. Nature has evolved pleasure chemical reactions that encourage you to replicate. No thought needed. No magic needed.

The first cells did not need to think about it either. It may have even been an accident. Who knows? But it happened and you cannot show god did it, no more than science can say how it did. But we do know why replication is needed for life to continue. If cells never replicated, life would not exist.
Once again... Evolution itself is not an intelligence... It's random chance...nature produced chemical reactions to encourage reproduction?.. Really?... Without any kind of design?... You never addressed my post on dependency either btw.... And yes reproduction is needed to for life to continue but how did the first cell know to reproduce?... The more one looks at this goofy ass theory the more the impossible it becomes... It's a lie that science does not support... And we are just getting started...
defender

London, KY

#85099 Aug 5, 2012
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>Just because it seems strange to you does not mean it is not possible. It is hard to even envision eternity, so it is understandable you cannot comprehend such possibilities.
Yet Christians typically believe god is eternal and always just here. Hawking is just hypothesizing, energy, in the most simple form, always existed. Christianity is claiming the most complex being imaginable always existed. Yet one of the main ideas of ID is that complex things like humans must have a creator. Yet your complex creator defies this rule of your own making?

Hawking is not even claiming to 'know'. He is just showing it is logical and is possible mathematically and is consistent with the laws of nature.

If energy cannot be created or destroyed, it stands to reason it always existed. See how Hawking's hypothesis is within the laws of nature as we know them?
Um... Yes when something goes against scientific law then I find it a little strange... Why don't you?... And yes God defies logic.. Mine is faith that I can't explain... But ToE is supposed to be backed by science... And so far that is just a flat out lie ... Epic fail....Now I told you about the experiments currently going on in Sandusky Ohio to prove or disprove Hawking's little claim... If you would read a science journal or two you might have a clue what's going on.... So how it going so far?... Lol... Goose egg...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hindman Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Trail Ride 7 hr Philly kid 5
hindman topix (Jan '13) 7 hr Philly kid 6
Virgil singleton what do you know??? 7 hr Philly kid 2
Johnny Jacobs having an affair 7 hr Nosey 2
pinetop. auction Sun don 7
James Short (Jul '10) Sun the real me 1993 20
Matt Johnson Auto Repair Apr 22 Retired 3

Hindman Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance