Bible study rules for public schools ...

Bible study rules for public schools proposed

There are 152034 comments on the The Courier-Journal story from Feb 10, 2010, titled Bible study rules for public schools proposed. In it, The Courier-Journal reports that:

FRANKFORT, Ky. - The state would create rules for teaching about the Bible in public high schools under a bill filed Monday by three Democratic senators.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Courier-Journal.

Satanic Priest

“There is no god”

Since: Jul 12

War, WV

#83243 Jul 23, 2012
I guess I am on a rant, but I do have a question. Does anyone know how many people have been killed in gods name? How many women where burned alive as witches by the christians? How many men, women, and children have been slaughtered because of the christian religion?
defender

London, KY

#83244 Jul 23, 2012
Satanic Priest wrote:
<quoted text>I do have a problem with the christian cult. I do not have a problem with god because he does not exist, but the people who claim to speak for him are sick twisted freaks that use a god to justify their evil.
I have a problem with people who pat themselves on the back and say how they are above every one else so if they kill or rape or steal it is OK
And I have a problem with people who want to lie to children so they can be manipulated controlled.
"god does not love you Africans so 40,000 of your children will die from starvation every day while god helps me make more money to buy a boat because god loves me"
Donkey crap
To much is given much is required.. 40,000 children die every day because of warlords using food as a weapon and the rest of the world sitting on their hands... People right here in the good old USA die in gutters everyday while we spend billions of dollars driving toy cars on Mars.. Guess that's the Christians fault too huh?

Satanic Priest

“There is no god”

War, WV

#83245 Jul 23, 2012
defender wrote:
<quoted text>
To much is given much is required.. 40,000 children die every day because of warlords using food as a weapon and the rest of the world sitting on their hands... People right here in the good old USA die in gutters everyday while we spend billions of dollars driving toy cars on Mars.. Guess that's the Christians fault too huh?
No that would be your omni knowing, omnipotent gods fault. After all football players say they won the game because they prayed and politicians say we are a military might because god is on Americas side so god must hate the children in other countries and let the warlords use food as a weapon, after all he is omnipotent right? So he must really hate every one except white middle class and wealthy Americans.....
Are you beginning to understand how I can not believe in this fantasy?

“Speaker of Mountain Wisdom....”

Since: Jan 10

Kittanning, PA

#83246 Jul 23, 2012
defender wrote:
<quoted text>
Most of those war lords claim God is on their sides.....

As for the drive that toy car on Mars... The American spend more every year on Snack Foods than is spent on the whole Nasa budget including the many sat's that tell farmers the best way to farm a field, When bad weather is going to kill your family, Advanced warning of the sun knocking out your electric stuff and a 1000 other things you have taken for granted that makes yours and everyones life better... The Very computer you are using can be credited to NASA... Along with long store-able food stocks we send around the world in the forms of MRE's to try to feed those starving masses.. A NASA by product...

Again.. The NASA Budget is about what Americans spend per year on Snack Cakes.....

Satanic Priest

“There is no god”

War, WV

#83247 Jul 23, 2012
Defender, I see people who drive nice cars and live in nice homes patting themselves on the back because god loves them as they go to church and then cross the road to avoid the homeless person who has had nothing to eat for two days because god does not love him, these same people look down their nose at every one else and form small circles of their church friends and defame hard working lower class people who need medical care but can not afford it, they would pour out a glass of water rather then give it to a thirsty man if he is poor, but god loves them and does not love the working class and poor??? They make money by cheating people and taking advantage of peoples need to earn money by paying low wages while they make huge profits from their employees sweat. Keep them in need so they will slave for almost nothing because god does not love them.....blah blah blah

Satanic Priest

“There is no god”

War, WV

#83248 Jul 23, 2012
Quantummist wrote:
<quoted text>
Most of those war lords claim God is on their sides.....
As for the drive that toy car on Mars... The American spend more every year on Snack Foods than is spent on the whole Nasa budget including the many sat's that tell farmers the best way to farm a field, When bad weather is going to kill your family, Advanced warning of the sun knocking out your electric stuff and a 1000 other things you have taken for granted that makes yours and everyones life better... The Very computer you are using can be credited to NASA... Along with long store-able food stocks we send around the world in the forms of MRE's to try to feed those starving masses.. A NASA by product...
Again.. The NASA Budget is about what Americans spend per year on Snack Cakes.....
And if half of what we spent on defense contractors would be spent on the sciences we would be very advanced now...

Satanic Priest

“There is no god”

War, WV

#83249 Jul 23, 2012
Tell a child that he can work to find a cure for cancer or end hunger or colonize mars and he will achieve great things, tell the same child that he is bad and low and must not try to rise above his place in society and he will achieve nothing....So we need to teach facts and the science that lets you get hot water from your sink rather than teach the beliefs of any religion
well

Manchester, KY

#83250 Jul 23, 2012
Tell you one thing be sure to remember this stupidity you post on here when you are looking up from the pit of hell.Because you will remember all the chances you had to accept JESUS CHRIST as your lord and savior,when you are spending eternity in absolute torment.It is said there will be weeping a gnashing of teeth.That means people will be biting on you and oh yeah the flames will be mighty hot as well.I wouldn't pray for you because i am quite a bit meaner than normal Christians.If i would have lived a thousand or so years ago,i would have gladly killed in the name of God.I think it needs to be done again,starting in Afghanistan and working our way back here!I personally think we should start beheading every Taliban fighter that is caught,it might take some of the fight out of the rest of them.

Satanic Priest

“There is no god”

War, WV

#83251 Jul 23, 2012
well wrote:
Tell you one thing be sure to remember this stupidity you post on here when you are looking up from the pit of hell.Because you will remember all the chances you had to accept JESUS CHRIST as your lord and savior,when you are spending eternity in absolute torment.It is said there will be weeping a gnashing of teeth.That means people will be biting on you and oh yeah the flames will be mighty hot as well.I wouldn't pray for you because i am quite a bit meaner than normal Christians.If i would have lived a thousand or so years ago,i would have gladly killed in the name of God.I think it needs to be done again,starting in Afghanistan and working our way back here!I personally think we should start beheading every Taliban fighter that is caught,it might take some of the fight out of the rest of them.
ROTFLMFAO, yes, when all else fails threaten some one. "christian by extortion" Nice try but I live in Florida, threaten me with some place cold....

Satanic Priest

“There is no god”

War, WV

#83252 Jul 23, 2012
Wht is that you say? Evolution has not been proven? The h1n1 virus did not evolve, it has been hiding and just now came out to make people sick? There are not new viruses that have evolved and made antibiotics ineffective?
Yes, evolution has been proven, in humans. Humans are taller and more intelligent now then they where 200 years ago. Our immune systems have evolved to keep us healthy and we now live twice as long as people did 500 years ago....

Satanic Priest

“There is no god”

War, WV

#83253 Jul 23, 2012
well wrote:
Sounds like you are using god to justify your hate and blood lust. Can you say sociopath? I think you can...

Satanic Priest

“There is no god”

War, WV

#83254 Jul 23, 2012
well wrote:
Hmmm so by your reasoning some one who does not follow the christian cult would be justified in killing you? How about your wife and kids? From what you just said a Muslim would be acting in self defense by killing you before you murdered his family....Get help you sick freak.
Hung Lo Lee

Bluefield, WV

#83255 Jul 23, 2012
concerned wrote:
The danger in teaching the Bible is that this book has the power to create faith even in an atheist. If it is allowed to be taught there is a strong possibility someone could be converted to Jesus Christ. Under the current world views is it possible to allow such a powerful tool for good to be taught in public schools and that before the young minds of the future?
Question: Did Jesus own a Horse?

Like the folks in the bluegrass state does.

Location hidden

#83257 Jul 23, 2012
well wrote:
If i would have lived a thousand or so years ago,i would have gladly killed in the name of God.I think it needs to be done again,starting in Afghanistan and working our way back here!I personally think we should start beheading every Taliban fighter that is caught,it might take some of the fight out of the rest of them.
This, folks, is why I will never tolerate religion being pushed onto my children. Whoever wrote that should be ashamed.

I guarantee you that if I said we should start killing people who DON'T believe in "God," that nut would go crazy desperately trying to explain how "evil" I would be for even suggesting that.

What. Is. The. Difference.

There is no difference. Killing other people just because they disagree with you, about anything, especially something as pointless as religion, is just childish, selfish, stupid, and inhuman.
ginger

Somerset, KY

#83258 Jul 23, 2012
i thought churches gave bible study ,and high school and college is just teaching you how to make money for bussiness .
well

Manchester, KY

#83259 Jul 23, 2012
Not ashamed at all folks! I serve a vengeful God,i personally don't care if you want to go to Heaven or not.Hells borders are enlarged every day because of fools like you.It all boils down to either you accept Jesus or you don't.I personally don't care for religion very much myself.It's all screwed up because of people putting their own spin on what the bible says.Since i am now a sociopath that is evil i will leave you fools to burn in hell.
me thinks

Manchester, KY

#83260 Jul 23, 2012
This is pure stupidity.

Location hidden

#83261 Jul 23, 2012
well wrote:
Since i am now a sociopath that is evil i will leave you fools to burn in hell.
At least you're admitting to your sociopathy.(Wikipedia defines it as such: Sociopathy is the result of social conditioning which leads to a lack of natural human values.)

If hell were real, I would like to think it would be full of folks like you, who say things like "i will leave you fools to burn in hell." Sounds like the kind of place where hatemongers belong.
Hung Lo Lee

Bluefield, WV

#83262 Jul 23, 2012
How many horses does the average Farm in Kentucky have?
Donkeys/Jackasses NOT included.

01. Twelve?

02. Five?

03. Twenty five?

04. Three?

05. Don't know, We Can't Count.
Bluemoon of Kentucky

Bluefield, WV

#83263 Jul 24, 2012
concerned wrote:
The danger in teaching the Bible is that this book has the power to create faith even in an atheist. If it is allowed to be taught there is a strong possibility someone could be converted to Jesus Christ. Under the current world views is it possible to allow such a powerful tool for good to be taught in public schools and that before the young minds of the future?
Loretta Lynn love's the Bluegrass state.

She love's horses also. She's from Kentucky! I'm sure she still has a farm, Somewhere.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hindman Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
New ice cream business 8 hr sharon 3
Samantha Sparkman has HPV 16 hr Betty boop 74 14
Charles Manson (Apr '10) Mon Tim Smith 45
keith boles??? (Jan '15) Mon I know 3
Kirstan Hall finally goes to jail! (Nov '15) Aug 27 Plex 2
Good Dentist (Aug '13) Aug 26 Tooth 12
Trooper Leo Aug 25 Miss thang 5

Hindman Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance