Harassment of Cordia's black players?

Harassment of Cordia's black players?

Posted in the Hindman Forum

Old man

Wooton, KY

#1 Feb 27, 2013
Saw the report on Channel 27. This makes Knott Co. look pretty bad. Some of this has to come from KCC fans. Shame on anyone who would do this.
sad

Hindman, KY

#2 Feb 27, 2013
I am ashamed of my county the place where i was born and raised for the last 52 years just jealous over a ball game. Stupid people.
crock

Hindman, KY

#3 Feb 28, 2013
i doubt very seriously if whatever happened has to do with race. knott central has black players. knott people are mad because corida did a better job of recruiting than they did. but anytime anyone wants to say "racial issue" or use the word "discrimination" it makes for a good news story. i'm suprised al sharptn hasn't been called in
LMAO

Hindman, KY

#4 Feb 28, 2013
I think Cordia can't really play the race card. How many of their recruits were white? Didn't they bring in black players and sit their white ones? I wonder how the guys who got bumped feel. No one mentions them in all this matter because around here all that matters is winning.

But I got news for you, neither of these teams are very good in the big picture. Perry Co. Central has clobbered both of them with their bigs. The star from Cordia can't shoot and Justice isn't a superb athlete and can be shut down. All a team has to do is go box and one and dare the rest of the team to beat them. The fall off from talent on the rest of the is big for KCC and huge for Cordia.
stovepipe

Hindman, KY

#5 Feb 28, 2013
dunno know why kcc would be jealous they have beat dat ass 4 times
really

Hazard, KY

#6 Feb 28, 2013
It was made about race when the pic with the noose became invovled. EVERYONE knows that the noose is symbolic of racism. NO if, ands or buts about it. Second burning the Canadian Flag is pretty much a threat of violence to this KIDS. We feel the same way when we see the American flag mistreated. It was a malicous move and someone needs to be taught better. Finally the pic of Rhoades stating "back to the bench white boys" just goes to show that some people can not get past race.I mean what's next, the sheet patrol coming with their nooses and little lowercase "t" to scare the "brothas" back to Canada? Guess you all never thought of that consequence. Your "harmless" taunts can cause some serious problems for these KIDS yet the only thing that you want to do is try to justify the need for it. GROW UP and PROTECT YOUR KIDS!!!!!
not_really

Hindman, KY

#7 Feb 28, 2013
from what i've heard, the reason for the noose had nothing to do with race, it was making a social and political statement that we do not kill people from canada who are trying to cross our borders but mexicans are killed, which is unjust. in that case, it was anti-racism. real patriots do not support killing people just for crossing the border. people who were chanting usa were only showing patriotism.
proud knott c person

Cedar Rapids, IA

#8 Feb 28, 2013
crock wrote:
i doubt very seriously if whatever happened has to do with race. knott central has black players. knott people are mad because corida did a better job of recruiting than they did. but anytime anyone wants to say "racial issue" or use the word "discrimination" it makes for a good news story. i'm suprised al sharptn hasn't been called in
Amen!!! Ty
proud knott c person

Cedar Rapids, IA

#9 Feb 28, 2013
really wrote:
It was made about race when the pic with the noose became invovled. EVERYONE knows that the noose is symbolic of racism. NO if, ands or buts about it. Second burning the Canadian Flag is pretty much a threat of violence to this KIDS. We feel the same way when we see the American flag mistreated. It was a malicous move and someone needs to be taught better. Finally the pic of Rhoades stating "back to the bench white boys" just goes to show that some people can not get past race.I mean what's next, the sheet patrol coming with their nooses and little lowercase "t" to scare the "brothas" back to Canada? Guess you all never thought of that consequence. Your "harmless" taunts can cause some serious problems for these KIDS yet the only thing that you want to do is try to justify the need for it. GROW UP and PROTECT YOUR KIDS!!!!!
. Get a life!!! A noose could be a symbol of end of the rope cause it was a secontional game goofballs!!!! It was an canadin flag they burnt not american flag ... U people reachin for anythin to grab onto.. u r makin a big deal out of somethin that has been done at many ballgames!! Look at lexington when they won they burned cars flipped cars over done all kinds of damage .. dont remember exactly when it was but ..now come on .. was there a white kid black kid or the canadian kid standin with the noose??? Cause no one said what what racial.slurs were bein put out there.. cause im gonna tell ya sweetheart all walks of race gets knocked around .. so it could of been blacks doin this to the whites ..or whites doin it to the canadians.. or it could be just a dam rope meanin last game your at the end of your rope did u ever think of that?? But wheres the noose people r screamin it but i haven seen it..
booboo

Hindman, KY

#10 Feb 28, 2013
I don't think they are racist, but it was very poor taste. Vadalism however is a crime!
really

Hazard, KY

#11 Mar 1, 2013
proud knott c person wrote:
<quoted text>. Get a life!!! A noose could be a symbol of end of the rope cause it was a secontional game goofballs!!!! It was an canadin flag they burnt not american flag ... U people reachin for anythin to grab onto.. u r makin a big deal out of somethin that has been done at many ballgames!! Look at lexington when they won they burned cars flipped cars over done all kinds of damage .. dont remember exactly when it was but ..now come on .. was there a white kid black kid or the canadian kid standin with the noose??? Cause no one said what what racial.slurs were bein put out there.. cause im gonna tell ya sweetheart all walks of race gets knocked around .. so it could of been blacks doin this to the whites ..or whites doin it to the canadians.. or it could be just a dam rope meanin last game your at the end of your rope did u ever think of that?? But wheres the noose people r screamin it but i haven seen it..
A noose is a racist gesture. Has been for hundreds of years. The people who made that pic knew exactly what they wanted it to be interrupted as. Its the whole ADULTS wanting to find a way to justify it and make it into a little nothing is what is upsetting. And burning another country's flag is a threating gesture also. Why do you think each country has LAWS forbiddening it? Go get some education and then try to have a conversation with me sweetheart...Thank you. P.S. Bless your heart!
Oh Please

Hindman, KY

#12 Mar 1, 2013
proud knott c person wrote:
<quoted text>. Get a life!!! A noose could be a symbol of end of the rope cause it was a secontional game goofballs!!!! It was an canadin flag they burnt not american flag ... U people reachin for anythin to grab onto.. u r makin a big deal out of somethin that has been done at many ballgames!! Look at lexington when they won they burned cars flipped cars over done all kinds of damage .. dont remember exactly when it was but ..now come on .. was there a white kid black kid or the canadian kid standin with the noose??? Cause no one said what what racial.slurs were bein put out there.. cause im gonna tell ya sweetheart all walks of race gets knocked around .. so it could of been blacks doin this to the whites ..or whites doin it to the canadians.. or it could be just a dam rope meanin last game your at the end of your rope did u ever think of that?? But wheres the noose people r screamin it but i haven seen it..
Nope didn't think of it like that.... because it's STUPID!!!
ask this

Hindman, KY

#13 Mar 1, 2013
funny thing is no one hollered racist BEFORE the game. typical sore losers is all this is. shame on you for even bringing kids into this whole mess created by adults. those kids meant no harm in chanting usa. if cordia had won this would have never been an issue. shame i think
sure

Ivel, KY

#14 Mar 1, 2013
Actually I know of several.people who personally called the board to report the pictures, tweets, and other issues way before the tipoff time. Try again... Go start another rumor instead of admitting the truth lol..like I said it is truly no wonder why some of the students act the way they do..
Pa N Ma

Hindman, KY

#15 Mar 1, 2013
I have nothing against Canadian bacon. Everyone should own a couple of [email protected]
zeb_coulter

Hindman, KY

#16 Mar 1, 2013
this is what really happened with the "USA" chants at the ballgame: everything was a big misunderstanding.the fact is that there was a local kentucky sheriff on the national news not long ago talking about how he would not enforce any unconstitutional gun control laws passed by congress. people heard that he was in the crowd and to show their support, the crowd erupted in chants of U-S-A ! so that is what the principal was talking about when he said the fans were patriots just trying to show their patriotism and support. it was not directed against any blacks other than obama who wants to take our guns..we the people!
hoops

Hindman, KY

#17 Mar 1, 2013
amen pa sign me up

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hindman Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 32 min Paul 168,846
Tiffany francis (Aug '13) 21 hr haha what 44
Cordia Jukebox (Jul '12) 22 hr Musikologist 17
Horror At The Plex Mon Mousie Town 3
Todd Everage OD an died Oct 15 Dale 5
Tyra Paige Conley (Apr '15) Oct 14 Lex 12
tassell dawn Oct 13 David 1

Hindman Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Hindman Mortgages