When pastors tell congregations how t...

When pastors tell congregations how to vote they lose tax exempt status

Created by Should we report them on Aug 13, 2012

53 votes

Click on an option to vote

We should report them to the feds

We should not report them to the feds

Don't worry the feds will see this post for Knott

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Judge Learned Hand

Henderson, KY

#1 Aug 14, 2012
Interesting point. The IRS is afraid to try to enforce this provision of tax law because they dont believe it will survive a First Amendment challenge.
Maco

Clayhole, KY

#2 Aug 16, 2012
Judge Learned Hand wrote:
Interesting point. The IRS is afraid to try to enforce this provision of tax law because they dont believe it will survive a First Amendment challenge.
Well as rumors go it's allegedly happening in Knott County right now.
what

San Jose, CA

#3 Aug 16, 2012
what is happening in Knott right now?
directions

Hindman, KY

#4 Aug 16, 2012
Hello...You know Christians are going to vote against drinking..Would you want it on your hands if you voted to drink and someone in your family got killed in Knott County by a drunk driver?
Cousin of Tom
#5 Aug 16, 2012
Ain't nobody gonna mess with the christian community in Knott county. We are a large voting block and we DO get out to VOTE. Elections over the last several years should tell you this.

Now crawl back in your bottle and screw the lid down tight you ALKIE. We like our county DRY. Be no hole in the walls round here, why you may ask, answer would be, cause we say so.
openly so

Phoenix, AZ

#6 Aug 16, 2012
what wrote:
what is happening in Knott right now?
Knott is full of Knotheads, Nots and Nuts, Kings and Queens, Jokers, Pawns, Hypocrites, Corruption and the Corrupt, Preachers and those who love preaching. Preaching and politics have always walked hand in hand in Knott, and openly so. The polticians and political preachers hold a lot of clout in mountains.
Mike

Hindman, KY

#7 Aug 16, 2012
openly so wrote:
<quoted text>
Knott is full of Knotheads, Nots and Nuts, Kings and Queens, Jokers, Pawns, Hypocrites, Corruption and the Corrupt, Preachers and those who love preaching. Preaching and politics have always walked hand in hand in Knott, and openly so. The polticians and political preachers hold a lot of clout in mountains.
A well oiled machine indeed, and ready to roll within the wink of an eye. Unstoppable, as some have seen.
Yea
#8 Aug 16, 2012
directions wrote:
Hello...You know Christians are going to vote against drinking..Would you want it on your hands if you voted to drink and someone in your family got killed in Knott County by a drunk driver?
I didn't know people voted to drink. As far as the wet dry election, the greatest number of people who voted wet were christians, myelf included. We're the ones who have actually stuided the Bible, as opposed to just reading it. There is a difference, as this election has proven. Also, as has been said at least 200 times, casualties go down once an area goes wet. So, the liklihood of someone in my family getting killed by a drunk driver is now marginally higher, thanks to the dry voters.
Yea

Hindman, KY

#9 Aug 16, 2012
Cousin of Tom wrote:
Ain't nobody gonna mess with the christian community in Knott county. We are a large voting block and we DO get out to VOTE. Elections over the last several years should tell you this.
Now crawl back in your bottle and screw the lid down tight you ALKIE. We like our county DRY. Be no hole in the walls round here, why you may ask, answer would be, cause we say so.
I really hoped you would have stopped this by now. I guess that's why you keep changing your name. We're not "Alkies", and I've explained that to you verbatim, to the point ot where any normal person would feel stupid for even suggesting it. As far as anybody messing with the christian community, no one has even attempted to do so. It's the lesser educated, lesser cultred individuals under the guise of christianity that most around here seem to have a problem with. They're commonly called "hypocrites". You know, those people that voted dry with a fridge full of beer in their houses. Those people that voted dry, then went to Applebee's or Texas Road House to eat that following weekend. Those people that voted dry, then went grocery shopping at Wal-Mart the next day. You know, those fine folks. It would seem that the recent spree of non-alcohol related murders and drug overdoeses around here are the true threats to the Christian base.
Maco
#10 Aug 16, 2012
Mike wrote:
<quoted text>
A well oiled machine indeed, and ready to roll within the wink of an eye. Unstoppable, as some have seen.
\
I hope these well oiled machines and their congregations can pay back taxes now.
Maco
#11 Aug 16, 2012
what wrote:
what is happening in Knott right now?
WHEN A PASTOR OF A CHURCH TELLS HIS CONGREGATION HOW TO VOTE THEY LOSE THEIR TAX EXEMPTION STATUS. In other words some churches are going to have to pay back taxes and that includes members.
One of Many

Hindman, KY

#12 Aug 17, 2012
Yea wrote:
<quoted text>
I really hoped you would have stopped this by now. I guess that's why you keep changing your name. We're not "Alkies", and I've explained that to you verbatim, to the point ot where any normal person would feel stupid for even suggesting it. As far as anybody messing with the christian community, no one has even attempted to do so. It's the lesser educated, lesser cultred individuals under the guise of christianity that most around here seem to have a problem with. They're commonly called "hypocrites". You know, those people that voted dry with a fridge full of beer in their houses. Those people that voted dry, then went to Applebee's or Texas Road House to eat that following weekend. Those people that voted dry, then went grocery shopping at Wal-Mart the next day. You know, those fine folks. It would seem that the recent spree of non-alcohol related murders and drug overdoeses around here are the true threats to the Christian base.
Dry forces came out in opposition of rot gut whiskey. Dry forces proved their point without a doubt that going wet would not help the county one wee bit all. In fact we all would pay more, as proved by the dry forces time after time. You know I'm telling the truth, you just can't handle the truth.

Try again in 30 years. Keeping it DRY.
Yea
#13 Aug 17, 2012
One of Many wrote:
<quoted text>
Dry forces came out in opposition of rot gut whiskey. Dry forces proved their point without a doubt that going wet would not help the county one wee bit all. In fact we all would pay more, as proved by the dry forces time after time. You know I'm telling the truth, you just can't handle the truth.
Try again in 30 years. Keeping it DRY.
This constant name change routine you've got going on is a sign of cowardice and insecurity. There was no point proven by the dry forces, other than they would stoop to any means to get their point across. Whether that meant using church funds to fuel their campaign, using scare tactics to sway the elderly, using additional church funds by using their buses to transport the elderly to the polling places, outright lying while using falsified statistics, duping art students into making their signs for them, the list goes on and on. I know exactly what you fine folks are all about, and to what level you will sink to get your way. Using God as a cover for immorality, sin, and shoddy ethics isn't exactly acceptable in his eyes, and on judgement day, rest assured, the almighty shall start with the pulpit. With that being said, when that day comes, I don't want to be within 10 miles of any church that had anything to do with this.

As far as you 'telling the truth', your version of the truth always seems to be debunked and demolished by simple logic and credible statistics. Normally when that happens....it isn't the truth.

We can keep playing this game all you want. If you were wrong yesterday, then you're going to be wrong today, and wrong tomorrow. I don't really blame you, I'd keep changing my name, too.
The truth
#14 Aug 17, 2012
Nothing but dumb asses all. What do we have in this pathetic county since it was formed 122 years ago? Jack & shit. Politicians and hypocrites have screwed this county beyond recognition. What don't this county have because of hypocrites?

1. Only two pathetic chain restaurants.
2. Only two small supermarkets.
3. No motels or hotels
4. No Walmart
5. No Kmart
6. No police protection/weaffordaffored it.
7. No decent shopping centers.
8. NO JOBS
9. No decent restaurants.
10. One person supplies all the rotten gas.
11. No mining jobs to speak of.
12. Most people that work have jobs in other counties.
13. Our congregations vote in criminals to public office.
14. No hospital.
15. No emergency room of any kind.
16. Most of the dry forces are drug dealers and users who don't want alcohol as a competition. The other dry forces are bootleggers who have sold alcohol illegally to adults and children for decades. This is what the church backs???????
The truth
#15 Aug 17, 2012
KEEP YOUR LOCAL DRUG DEALERS AND BOOTLEGGERS WORKING, ALWAYS VOTE DRY.
Toms Cousin Tom the 2nd

Hindman, KY

#16 Aug 17, 2012
Yea wrote:
<quoted text>
This constant name change routine you've got going on is a sign of cowardice and insecurity. There was no point proven by the dry forces, other than they would stoop to any means to get their point across. Whether that meant using church funds to fuel their campaign, using scare tactics to sway the elderly, using additional church funds by using their buses to transport the elderly to the polling places, outright lying while using falsified statistics, duping art students into making their signs for them, the list goes on and on. I know exactly what you fine folks are all about, and to what level you will sink to get your way. Using God as a cover for immorality, sin, and shoddy ethics isn't exactly acceptable in his eyes, and on judgement day, rest assured, the almighty shall start with the pulpit. With that being said, when that day comes, I don't want to be within 10 miles of any church that had anything to do with this.
As far as you 'telling the truth', your version of the truth always seems to be debunked and demolished by simple logic and credible statistics. Normally when that happens....it isn't the truth.
We can keep playing this game all you want. If you were wrong yesterday, then you're going to be wrong today, and wrong tomorrow. I don't really blame you, I'd keep changing my name, too.
The people listened, the people voted, the people can't be fooled by a few alkies with their lies of industry and jobs coming into Knott County riding on the back of a whiskey bottle, LMAO . You know what the votes did? They voted DRY. Who did the voters believe? You? NO. Me? NO. The voters made up their on decision on how they would vote. Wetters lost, voters won. Plain and simple, the truth is what it is, nothing more, nothing less, just the truth.

Right yesterday, Right today, and will be right tomorrow.
Keeping it DRY.
Yea
#17 Aug 17, 2012
Toms Cousin Tom the 2nd wrote:
<quoted text>
The people listened, the people voted, the people can't be fooled by a few alkies with their lies of industry and jobs coming into Knott County riding on the back of a whiskey bottle, LMAO . You know what the votes did? They voted DRY. Who did the voters believe? You? NO. Me? NO. The voters made up their on decision on how they would vote. Wetters lost, voters won. Plain and simple, the truth is what it is, nothing more, nothing less, just the truth.
Right yesterday, Right today, and will be right tomorrow.
Keeping it DRY.
Again with the name changes. You're more scared and insecure than even I thought. How's it a lie when it keeps being proven? Remember when we had this same discussion on another thread? Remember how wrong you were then? You're just as wrong now. Keep it up, my mentally inept friend. I can do this all day. It's become almost like a sport, only without the challenge.

As I've already said, I dismissed you as an uneducated troll months ago, so nothing you say is even remotely taken seriously, by me or anyone else with a functioning brain. That especially goes for the things that can be dis proven statistically, and through simple observation. So, you're just trying to get under my skin, like any other faceless internet troll does. I find it entertaining at least, much like watching a less-than-average cat chase a laser pointer,or by watching the big zapper on the porch.
The truth

Clayhole, KY

#18 Aug 17, 2012
Toms Cousin Tom the 2nd wrote:
<quoted text>
The people listened, the people voted, the people can't be fooled by a few alkies with their lies of industry and jobs coming into Knott County riding on the back of a whiskey bottle, LMAO . You know what the votes did? They voted DRY. Who did the voters believe? You? NO. Me? NO. The voters made up their on decision on how they would vote. Wetters lost, voters won. Plain and simple, the truth is what it is, nothing more, nothing less, just the truth.
Right yesterday, Right today, and will be right tomorrow.
Keeping it DRY.
No you backed the local bootleggers and dope dealers who fund your churches so they can sell their poison to our children. Legalized the alcohol could be controlled.
Tom the 3rd

Hindman, KY

#19 Aug 17, 2012
Yea wrote:
<quoted text>
Again with the name changes. You're more scared and insecure than even I thought. How's it a lie when it keeps being proven? Remember when we had this same discussion on another thread? Remember how wrong you were then? You're just as wrong now. Keep it up, my mentally inept friend. I can do this all day. It's become almost like a sport, only without the challenge.
As I've already said, I dismissed you as an uneducated troll months ago, so nothing you say is even remotely taken seriously, by me or anyone else with a functioning brain. That especially goes for the things that can be dis proven statistically, and through simple observation. So, you're just trying to get under my skin, like any other faceless internet troll does. I find it entertaining at least, much like watching a less-than-average cat chase a laser pointer,or by watching the big zapper on the porch.
You are just to easy. Your chain is easily yanked. I point my laser, you chase and jump. Trying to change the subject and attack me doesn't do anything except prove you are wrong and have been all along. Poor child.

Now lets get back to ALKIE-HAUL. You haven't proved anything other than being clueless. Tell me, when will the next vote be? You're wrong, always have been and always will be. The election proved you wrong. Remember the wet dry election? Remember the outcome? There is your proof you was wrong. People didn't buy the load of bull put out by the wetters. Now chase that laser.

Gotta get outta here or I'll be on overtime. I don't get payed for overtime and you sure ain't worth sitting here.
busted

Hindman, KY

#20 Aug 17, 2012
Tom the 3rd wrote:
<quoted text>
You are just to easy. Your chain is easily yanked. I point my laser, you chase and jump. Trying to change the subject and attack me doesn't do anything except prove you are wrong and have been all along. Poor child.
Now lets get back to ALKIE-HAUL. You haven't proved anything other than being clueless. Tell me, when will the next vote be? You're wrong, always have been and always will be. The election proved you wrong. Remember the wet dry election? Remember the outcome? There is your proof you was wrong. People didn't buy the load of bull put out by the wetters. Now chase that laser.
Gotta get outta here or I'll be on overtime. I don't get payed for overtime and you sure ain't worth sitting here.
Overtime? Really? You are getting paid to be on topix? As a Christian, how can you justify stealing from your employer like that?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hindman Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 2 hr Don Barros Serrano 148,907
John Short in trouble? 6 hr Kentucky Down Under 22
Sherry Slone Sat Admirer 8
Megan Mullins Slone Sat Curious 3
JOHN SHORT ...drug supporter (May '10) Jun 24 truth 38
Pictures Jun 22 wonder 1
High or drunk mother wrecking young daughter in... Jun 22 Sambo 6
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Hindman Mortgages