Judge signs spending freeze

Posted in the Hindman Forum

Confused

Garner, KY

#1 Dec 5, 2012
Anyone have any idea what this means for the county? Is he still our judge? Will he continue in jail? I hope the state takes control of this county until order and common sense can prevail.

I want to know what this means to the contractors and others who the county already owes or anyone they owe. What of the water lines being placed around the county? What of road improvements?

I am not asking this to start a bash thread. I really want to know what all this means. In truth, I really feel bad for all the people who went to jail today.
wewe

Pippa Passes, KY

#2 Dec 6, 2012
Confused wrote:
Anyone have any idea what this means for the county? Is he still our judge? Will he continue in jail? I hope the state takes control of this county until order and common sense can prevail.
I want to know what this means to the contractors and others who the county already owes or anyone they owe. What of the water lines being placed around the county? What of road improvements?
I am not asking this to start a bash thread. I really want to know what all this means. In truth, I really feel bad for all the people who went to jail today.
did they really go to jail today?
knott countsin

Hindman, KY

#3 Dec 6, 2012
The state needs to take over
ho ho ho

Hindman, KY

#4 Dec 6, 2012
what does the people of knott county need to do to have the state take over is there a vote or paper we can get
nope

Pippa Passes, KY

#5 Dec 6, 2012
ho ho ho wrote:
what does the people of knott county need to do to have the state take over is there a vote or paper we can get
the state won't take over until summer and only if the new judge the governor appoints doesn't balance the county 's budget by June 30,2013
numb

Pippa Passes, KY

#6 Dec 6, 2012
Confused wrote:
he has to resign or face being removed now.

“Go Big Blue!”

Since: Jan 09

Location hidden

#7 Dec 6, 2012
Reckon he'll still be judge now? If y'all recall,Donnie was doing it while in prison(which is really stupid I think)...but anyway...will he get to keep his job like Donnie did? How does that even work???
ho ho ho

Hindman, KY

#8 Dec 6, 2012
well can the state make him pay back all the county money that paid for the votes so the working people dont have to pay with a 1% tax im sure it would help r did they fine him that would help. a spending freeze days before he goes to jail sound funny to me
propaganda

Pippa Passes, KY

#9 Dec 6, 2012
oldredneckwoman wrote:
Reckon he'll still be judge now? If y'all recall,Donnie was doing it while in prison(which is really stupid I think)...but anyway...will he get to keep his job like Donnie did? How does that even work???
Donnie was put in jail while his appeal was going on Randy got to stay out of jail was his appeal was going on. Randy's appeal is up so he is not a legal judge anymore so he either resigns or gets thrown out. bottom line he can't run things in jail like Donnie did. this county don't have to put up with that crap this time.

“Me of course ”

Since: Jan 09

Good O'l Knott Co.

#10 Dec 9, 2012
Cuts and the spending freeze should have taken place along time ago
logic

Kansas City, MO

#11 Dec 11, 2012
It's been said, that the corrupt political machine spent their time putting a plan together, before Thompson went to prison, to insure their interests would be protected. Those who remain will continue to carry on the agendas. Corruption is absolutely rampant in Knott County, and it's the decent people who harmed by corruption and nepotism. The State needs to do the citizens of Knott County a favor and take over the County. They then need to dissolve Knott County and divide it up, to combine it with other adjoining counties. Everyone that currently holds an office or position needs to be removed from their positions. They've all had dealings with the corrupt, or are corrupt themselves, and are therefore not acceptable to retain. The State needs to clean house, from the Top to the Bottom.
yes

Hindman, KY

#12 Dec 12, 2012
logic wrote:
It's been said, that the corrupt political machine spent their time putting a plan together, before Thompson went to prison, to insure their interests would be protected. Those who remain will continue to carry on the agendas. Corruption is absolutely rampant in Knott County, and it's the decent people who harmed by corruption and nepotism. The State needs to do the citizens of Knott County a favor and take over the County. They then need to dissolve Knott County and divide it up, to combine it with other adjoining counties. Everyone that currently holds an office or position needs to be removed from their positions. They've all had dealings with the corrupt, or are corrupt themselves, and are therefore not acceptable to retain. The State needs to clean house, from the Top to the Bottom.
I agree 100%.
good luck

Pippa Passes, KY

#13 Dec 12, 2012
logic wrote:
good luck removing everyone in office the state can't figure out how to remove one currently in jail in another state. lol
not resigned

Hueysville, KY

#14 Jan 31, 2013
Randy still hasn't resigned from Judge Executive yet has he? What arrogance to keep the title and salary at the expense of his "beloved" knott county without a financial comptroller to clean up his messes.
removal

Hindman, KY

#15 Jan 31, 2013
Maybe it's time everyone start calling Frankfort and ask why the steps have notcorruption. been taken to remove Thompson from office. His salary is a drain on the already depleted budget. Why should the taxpayers continue to pay a salary to someone who have been tried and convicted of corruption. It's ridiculous to continue to pay someone who is in prison for corruption. The citizens of Knott County do have a voice, and need to be using it. Why has the Commonwealth not taken steps to remove him from office. Are the ties too close in that arena as well? The citizens of Knott County need to insist the removal process be initiated.
freeze

Seattle, WA

#16 Jan 31, 2013
seems like the spending freeze should have happened when Thompson was put into office.
goodpoint

Hindman, KY

#17 Feb 1, 2013
removal wrote:
Maybe it's time everyone start calling Frankfort and ask why the steps have notcorruption. been taken to remove Thompson from office. His salary is a drain on the already depleted budget. Why should the taxpayers continue to pay a salary to someone who have been tried and convicted of corruption. It's ridiculous to continue to pay someone who is in prison for corruption. The citizens of Knott County do have a voice, and need to be using it. Why has the Commonwealth not taken steps to remove him from office. Are the ties too close in that arena as well? The citizens of Knott County need to insist the removal process be initiated.
call Graham Martin. it is in his control and no one else's.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hindman Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 15 min Paula 135,045
rehab coming to knott co. 1 hr Out of work 22
Benny Bailey, Dusty Chaney at Clarion "pill mill" 1 hr Drug dealer 2
ricky fair 4 hr neighbor 23
tammy bates 8 hr Lol 43
Is Melissa ok? Flown out this afternoon after a... 9 hr Cop41822 4
Melissa Patrick (Jul '10) 18 hr The that knowd 24
Hindman Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Hindman People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance