Next Last
curious

United States

#1 Jan 17, 2010
What are your opinions on him.
just asking

Hazard, KY

#2 Jan 17, 2010
He is a double dipper, retired from the school board...draws a big check from the state and now on a draw from the county. I think he need to go home and draw his state check and close the money draining sports place down. The place is a money hog on us tax paying citizens of Knott County. Now thats my opinion on the subject.
lucy

Hazard, KY

#3 Jan 18, 2010
what a man!
Get Real

Winchester, KY

#4 Jan 18, 2010
just asking wrote:
He is a double dipper, retired from the school board...draws a big check from the state and now on a draw from the county. I think he need to go home and draw his state check and close the money draining sports place down. The place is a money hog on us tax paying citizens of Knott County. Now thats my opinion on the subject.
The sportsplex is the best thing in knott county. Now kids and adults have somewhere to go. We needed this and people like you are why we have trouble getting nice places in our area. Get over yourself.
just asking

Hazard, KY

#5 Jan 19, 2010
Get Real wrote:
<quoted text>The sportsplex is the best thing in knott county. Now kids and adults have somewhere to go. We needed this and people like you are why we have trouble getting nice places in our area. Get over yourself.
LOL Funny isn't it, you must be one of the Thompson family.
just asking

Hazard, KY

#6 Jan 19, 2010
Get Real wrote:
<quoted text>The sportsplex is the best thing in knott county. Now kids and adults have somewhere to go. We needed this and people like you are why we have trouble getting nice places in our area. Get over yourself.
Well really now the place isn't paying for itseft,the natural gas bill is running into the thousands of dollars for the winter season each year. The power bill will probably run $40.OOO thousand dollars a year.The water bill probably Thirteen or Fourteen thousand a year, And thousands of dollars just to keep it up and operational each year. Now I forgot about the tanning beds, thats is another four or five thousand dollars a year for electricly. And then the county is only paying the interest on the eleven million dollars that are sold in bonds. That my friend is why some of the county workers are layed off, and why that alot of people couldn't get out of the hollows because the county couldn't buy salt for the roads. We are losing out on many services that we need. I for one am tired for my husband of working his butt off from daylight to dark to pay in all of those different taxs to have this county government just waste it. Iam sick of this crap and come this next election I for one will help to bring this county Rep. Government to a close and elect a non-wasteful Dem. back into this county.
Legal Beagle

Evansville, IN

#7 Jan 19, 2010
There is nothing wrong with double dipping. Rhett earned his retirement from the school board. There is nothing wrong with finding another job.

And, the Sportsplex is a wonderful addition to Knott County. Not sure how anyone can argue otherwise.
Get Real

Winchester, KY

#8 Jan 19, 2010
just asking wrote:
<quoted text>LOL Funny isn't it, you must be one of the Thompson family.
I am not in their family and I dont even know them personally. I have three kids and they all play sports and take gymnastics there. I have a yr membership and so do all my friends and family. That is why I like the place. My kids have somewhere to go and in the future that will keep them out of trouble hopefully. Most kids get in trouble because they are bored. Have you ever been there and seen how nice it is?
My Take

United States

#9 Jan 19, 2010
Legal Beagle wrote:
There is nothing wrong with double dipping. Rhett earned his retirement from the school board. There is nothing wrong with finding another job.
And, the Sportsplex is a wonderful addition to Knott County. Not sure how anyone can argue otherwise.
I agree But I think it's bad when "all the people that had other source of income "retirement from other jobs" are STILL working and half the Co with NO OTHER source of income are STILL laid off! Come on Why not lay off the people that you know will have a way to support their families and keep people that have NO OTHER way to live!!! Also what about ALL the people that they have hared part time. I heard someone say that they have like 10 or 12 NEW part time people at the Sportsplex in place of the 2 they laid off. Do the Math you would save more money by just keeping the 2 full time people!!!
Get Real

Winchester, KY

#10 Jan 19, 2010
My Take wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree But I think it's bad when "all the people that had other source of income "retirement from other jobs" are STILL working and half the Co with NO OTHER source of income are STILL laid off! Come on Why not lay off the people that you know will have a way to support their families and keep people that have NO OTHER way to live!!! Also what about ALL the people that they have hared part time. I heard someone say that they have like 10 or 12 NEW part time people at the Sportsplex in place of the 2 they laid off. Do the Math you would save more money by just keeping the 2 full time people!!!
If they are part-time I think you do not have to provide them with benefits and that is why they cut back. Full-time gets benefits which cost more
knott countian

Hazard, KY

#11 Jan 20, 2010
lol "rhett has left the conversation" lmao
Yea Right

Hazard, KY

#12 Jan 20, 2010
Get Real wrote:
<quoted text>If they are part-time I think you do not have to provide them with benefits and that is why they cut back. Full-time gets benefits which cost more
So you are saying that 12 part time people cost less than 2 full time?? I'm sorry I don't see how that is possible. Hell I'm sure that if they ask the people that they laied off they would GLADLY have some of thier benefits cut to have a job! And I don't think that it was right to keep peole that had other income over people that had nothing else.
you know what

United States

#13 Jan 20, 2010
I do know that full time people have insurance, retirement maybe and they have to pay into unemployment, and workers comp...with part-time you don't have to pay any of these benefits
just saying

Hazard, KY

#14 Jan 21, 2010
isnt david risner retired also? im pretty sure he "taught" long enough to retire. he works at the sportsplex also...didnt see him get laid off! when i was still in high school, he was substitute teaching at kcc and also working at the sportsplex. how about that?
just saying

Hazard, KY

#15 Jan 21, 2010
however, i do like rhett. who wouldnt want extra income? this isnt rhett's fault...this is the county's for putting him in this kind of position. they could have hired someone that needed the job rather than someone that was already set for the rest of their life.
rhett is a good guy...just trying to get his.
tracy

London, KY

#16 Jan 22, 2010
i can tell you one thing, being a retired teacher does not make u set for life!! they barely make what they did when they were teaching. this is why most of them sub to make ends meet. teaching is one of the best paying jobs in this county but it sure isnt a profession to be in to become rich.
Rhett is Great

United States

#17 Jan 27, 2010
Hey Rhett is a great guy. He does this job for the people of Knott Co. I don't consider what he's doing as double dipping. He's earned the money he is getting from retirement and now he's earning the extra it takes to make ends meet. As much of a sports nut he is, he was the man for the job. That's my take.
just having my say

Hazard, KY

#18 Jan 27, 2010
i'm with just asking.............don't get me wrong, the sportsplex is GREAT...........but WHY do we have so many retired ppl working jobs that could be given to someone without an income at all. is it fair to vote for a judge that only thinks of his friends and not the little man that maybe has kids in school, that was laid off from the coalmines,that really need that income,but our judge gives it and a lot more jobs to retirees.talk about a fair county.mr. man's going to get himself beat in the next election.let all his friends that he hired vote for him, seems they are the only ones profiting from his win anyways.us little ppl are like pestering knats to him, just in his way.he only want and need us to put him in office, then after that,he'd step on us as if we were a piece of nothing to him.now,with saying that, i feel better.thanks
just having my say

Hazard, KY

#19 Jan 27, 2010
Rhett is Great wrote:
Hey Rhett is a great guy. He does this job for the people of Knott Co. I don't consider what he's doing as double dipping. He's earned the money he is getting from retirement and now he's earning the extra it takes to make ends meet. As much of a sports nut he is, he was the man for the job. That's my take.
i think he is a great person too. but i also think, my neighbor ,without any income is a great person too,i think rhett has a way of survival. what about my neighbor, that was laid off,with kids ,that don't have anything.how does he make ends meet?
tracy

London, KY

#20 Jan 28, 2010
just having my say wrote:
<quoted text>i think he is a great person too. but i also think, my neighbor ,without any income is a great person too,i think rhett has a way of survival. what about my neighbor, that was laid off,with kids ,that don't have anything.how does he make ends meet?
so your saying that rhett should lose his job to your neighbor who may, or may not, know how to run a buisness, especially one as big as the sportsplex with that many employee's. your neigbor, who may or may not know anything about sports. how to organize the leages and so forth. also, rhett was a coach for many many years and for one, i think he is the perfect one to run the plex. maybe your neighbor needs to put in an application to be an employee but from what i understand is the sportsplex created mainly jobs for teenagers who are attending school and working part time.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hindman Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 1 hr Carla 141,348
misty gayheart (Aug '14) 6 hr johnson 7
Fallon Hall (Dec '11) 11 hr Trash 5
Clint Mullins Gay!! (May '09) 15 hr brawny 29
east 80 motel that are apts what think bou... 19 hr other uses for motel 4
Missing person: Natasha Fugate - Jones Tue mee 31
ssi Tue got a heart 12
More from around the web

Hindman People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE