Do You Support Hindman Occupational Tax?

Do You Support Hindman Occupational Tax?

Created by hindman tax on Sep 9, 2011

431 votes

Click on an option to vote

Yes

No

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
hindman tax

United States

#1 Sep 9, 2011
Hindman City Council's August 1st Meeting - "needs to increase their revenue $15,000 to $16,000 per month to pay their bills," and a discussion followed to consider a City Occupational Tax. The topic was tabled until September City Council Meeting. Please only vote on this poll if you are a resident of the city of Hindman.
No No No

San Jose, CA

#2 Sep 9, 2011
The percentage for this tax was not mentioned in the Troublesome Creek Times' account of the meeting, but it would be higher than the 1% that the county is trying to impose on us. If both of these taxes pass - I don't know how it will affect Hindman - there may be a decrease in population, businesses may move to a cheaper area like Sassafras, Mousie, etc. But Hindman citizens should definitely rethink the 1% County Tax - unless they're making enough money to pay both, plus State and Federal Taxes!
Caught Up

Ashburn, VA

#3 Sep 10, 2011
Both the county and the city are caught up in this taxation frenzy. Seems like both have got so use to living the high-life of tourism that they've forgot our humble beginnings and knack for thriftiness.
Bout STUPID

Virgie, KY

#4 Sep 10, 2011
I swear to God that If either the City OR the Damned County passes this BULLSHIT, I'm packin My shit up and Movin the F*&K OUTTA HERE forever!

You ASSHOLE IDIOTS can't even manage the funds you all have had in the Past Recent years, and everybody in the state KNOWS IT! So WHY would ANYONE with any common sense AGREE to you ASSHOLE RETARDS,,,,,,,,,,Increasing the amount you all STEAL from us all anyway?

Every Fricking time you MORONS can't control Your own Damned selves and OTHER PEOPLE'S MONEY,,,,,,,,you all insist the ONLY way to Recover the City or County Budgets,,,,,,are to Fricking INCREASE TAXES!!!!!!! JUST like the Damned FEDERAL Government always does!

NO!!!!!!!! YOU ALL LEARN HOW TO F*&^ING CONTROL YOUR OWN DAMNED SELVES when it comes to OTHER PEOPLE'S FRICKING MONEY Why Don't You!
If you Can't FIGURE IT THE F*&K Out WITHOUT INCREASING ANY DAMNED THING,,,,,,,,,,then F*&king RESIGN THE DAMNED OFFICE and Get the F*&K OUT Because you already proved you aren't smart enough to manage anything properly in the first place!!!!

How's THAT Grab your all's asses for an answer?
No Mention of Cuts

Chicago, IL

#5 Sep 10, 2011
The TCT article regarding Hindman City Hall Meeting did not mention any discussion or attempt to try to cut back on any of their spending - but went directly to discussing a city occupational tax. What's up with that?
John

San Jose, CA

#6 Sep 10, 2011
And the next thing they will do if they succeed with the occupational tax is extend the city's limits to include other businesses.
John

Bethesda, MD

#7 Sep 10, 2011
When will this madness end? When we vote those out in office who support this craziness.
Get the House in Order

United States

#8 Sep 10, 2011
Get the house in order before suggesting a tax increase. Begin cutting back now to begin the adjustment to managing the city on less income. That's what we're doing as families. Don't ask for a raise in your income when everyone (families) are having it so tough.
City Ordinances

San Jose, CA

#9 Sep 10, 2011
Does anyone know the city ordinances regarding imposing city taxes?
Taxed to Death

United States

#10 Sep 10, 2011
We'll be taxed to death if the county and city get their wants. I'm tired of this.
Budget

Virgie, KY

#11 Sep 11, 2011
Does anyone know the last time the TCT published the city's budget and financial statements?
City Budget

United States

#12 Sep 11, 2011
No, I've not seen one in the past three months' issues of the TCT.
Come to think about it

Virgie, KY

#13 Sep 11, 2011
Come to think about it - I don't think I ever remember the TCT publishing the city's Financial Statement.
City Council

United States

#14 Sep 11, 2011
Here are the elected officials to Hindman's City Council. Watch how they vote on their proposed occupational tax.

Mayor Janice Jarrell
Robert C. Young
Patricia "Trish" Hall
Glenda Bentley
Calvin Combs
Clayton Handshoe
Sheila Calhoun
Protocol

United States

#15 Sep 11, 2011
Protocol for the proposed Hindman City Occupational Tax "requires two readings and a publication in the newspaper." Keep an eye out for this.
Prior to taxing

Virgie, KY

#16 Sep 11, 2011
Myself, I'd like to see the publication of the city's budget, and current financial statement before they pass an occupational tax. Secondly, if I don't see that, nor the cuts they've tried to make before imposing a tax, I'll vow not to vote for any of them that vote for that tax for re-election. Period. Once they get their foot in the door, they're in the house.
Who will be taxed

United States

#17 Sep 11, 2011
Population of Hindman (2010) 780.
With two housing projects, and few businesses in Hindman, the main taxation would seem to hit the Knott County Courthouse and County employees, Hindman Elementary, service stations, Troublesome Creek Times, Thacker and Grigsby employees, and a few others.
Voted No

Virgie, KY

#18 Sep 12, 2011
I can barely put food on my table as it is to feed my family.
No Tax

Tempe, AZ

#19 Sep 12, 2011
we are struggling now and we can't afford any more money coming out. everybody in this area is struggling, excepet for those like the judge and his hand picked crew. we can't afford to give another dime.
Praying for No Tax

United States

#20 Sep 13, 2011
I'm praying that the city won't tax us and that they can resolve this issue by cutting back on their spending until we get over this economic hump. The town is not self-sufficient in that it cannot provide everything a person needs to live comfortably as it is a 5th class city.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hindman Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 1 hr Wisdom of Ages 173,009
John Hicks going through another divorce (Aug '17) 1 hr John Hicks 8
Opoids 8 hr gusher 4
perverts 20 hr ary 4
Sabrina Wallen 20 hr ary 5
What does Pam Johnson drive? (Dec '14) 20 hr nosey 14
crystal stacy (Oct '14) 20 hr nosey 13

Hindman Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Hindman Mortgages