my opinion lol

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 18, 2009

I think its funny that they paid a million dollars (or more) to build that pool and its HORRIBLE...It's small and just a poor excuse for a county pool. I suggest you go to hazards county pool its ALOT bigger and actually has a diving board!
student

Hazard, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 18, 2009

my opinion lol wrote:
I think its funny that they paid a million dollars (or more) to build that pool and its HORRIBLE...It's small and just a poor excuse for a county pool. I suggest you go to hazards county pool its ALOT bigger and actually has a diving board!
Soooooooo true
Knott Countian

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 18, 2009

Listen people, if you are SO concerned with your children's safety, THEN DON'T BRING THEM TO THE POOL (Sit your butt at the house)! These lifeguards do an excellent job in my opinion, and they don't even get paid for most of what they do. You guys should be thankful you even have guards. There isn't a law saying they even have to be there. If you didn't have them at the pool, then you would REALLY have something to worry about, so shut up! As for the pool being green sometimes, it isn't from poor management and lack of care, it is because of CITY WATER!
Guard

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 24, 2009

I really find it funny that people are on here complaining about this pool. I work there. And I am here to tell you that I know FOR A FACT that not all the guards talked on their phones while on duty...as a matter of fact MOST of them DID NOT. Number two, the city water turned the water green. Believe me, we had a time and a half trying to keep it blue. It was not dirty, it was just the city water. We kept a very close eye on chemicals and made sure that everything was up to par. The only problem we have is that there is a crack in the pool, so water leaks out pretty quickly, which is why the water has to be added anyways. If this was fixed, no one would have any reason to complain about the color. And if you think that lifeguarding is such an easy job, please just go get certified and work yourself. Because you have to be very observant and you have to know what to do in situations to be a guard. And just let me spell this out for everyone. NO ONE HAS DROWN AT THE KNOTT COUNTY POOL OR SUFFERED ANY SERIOUS INJURY. So I guess that's just because it's a lucky pool and has nothing to do with having certified guards.
Jaundice

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 24, 2009

Bacteria bath, my hot tub is bigger than that. It only cost me 600.00.
U knoW u loVe me

Hindman, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 29, 2010

when does it open this year??
Wow

Hazard, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 30, 2010

Curious wrote:
Why is there 8-10 lifeguards/attendants at a 4 foot pool???? Is taxpayer money paying them? Just curious...
Well i'm curious of how long it will take you to drown after I hold your head under water. But hey I'm just curious.
Wow

Hazard, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 30, 2010

Jaundice wrote:
Bacteria bath, my hot tub is bigger than that. It only cost me 600.00.
congratulations, hopefully your hot tub worthy. Otherwise you should have spent your money on something to transform your saggy body into a semi decent one, and that's only if a miracle is performed.
Wow

Hazard, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 30, 2010

Just Saying- wrote:
<quoted text>
1. Learn how to spell.
2. If 2 certified lifeguards couldn't save my kid in 5 feet of water, they have no business being lifeguards, duh...
3. You're an idiot.

1. You're the idiot
2. your child is stupid, and don't know how to swim if they can drown in five feet of water.
3. You're a loser.

A little advice to anyone that may, or may not swim there. If you find your self drowning in that pool. Please, stand up. problem solved.
Wow

Hazard, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 30, 2010

bob wrote:
who most knott county pay for that 5 ft pool
the real question is. Who can make since out of what you're trying to ask.
Wow

Hazard, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 30, 2010

sense* Typo
Wow

Hazard, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 30, 2010

whatever wrote:
why even have them???? all they do is talk on their cell phone and read books. and yes, i've seen this happen before anyone tries to discredit it.
Are you disappointed that you can't talk on a cell, or read? It's okay you'll learn one day I promise.
Wow

Hazard, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 30, 2010

Parent wrote:
<quoted text> That is so true... They don't have time to save a life between talk on the phone, and flirting. They don't even seem child friendly, someone needs to do something...Whats so funny, is to many life guards but I wonder if any of the girls can swim they act like they're afraid to get wet. None of the life guards are friendly but one I don't know his name but he's worked there before but for the rest they shouldn't be working in the public...
Okay you said those girls are always flirting and so on.. Okay well if you wasn't afraid to get wet, you wouldn't be called a parent, and you wouldn't be taking your child to a pool..Then that would leave time for you to be flirting and showing off the body i'm sure you don't have. But hey i'm just saying.
Wow

Hazard, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 30, 2010

student wrote:
yes it's green
Well, we can see you're not color blind.
Wow

Hazard, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 30, 2010

my opinion lol wrote:
I have a suggestion on where you can go.
Wow

Hazard, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 30, 2010

martini wrote:
It doesn't matter what the county does or doesn't
do, ppl would still bitch about something. If you don't want to pay the life guards, you can always go to the beach and swim at your own risk in poop soup. I would rather pay the life guards and have a clean place to take my kids. But you could always just stay at home and hose them down out in the yard. Be thankful that we are getting some things for our youth and shut the hell up.
Ya know what, I think that is a good idea. I think some parents should really hose down their children and do other citizens of knott county a favor.
Wow

Hazard, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 30, 2010

parent wrote:
There have been complaints made and I asked, no they are not work phones. And what about the books and magazines they are reading?
Well before you worry about what some one else is reading, I think you should worry about what your childs reading. Because if this is who i think it is. Well lets just say your child could tell you things that you didn't even think existed but hey i'm not one to judge.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 41 - 58 of58
|
next page >
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

17 Users are viewing the Hindman Forum right now

Search the Hindman Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
KY 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 13 min Le Jimbo 144,894
Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 53 min Khatru 127,983
KY Hundreds of birds die in western Ky. (Jan '11) 1 hr NO NO 81,552
Lughead 2 hr Bunny Rabbitt 8
Jamie Halcomb 19 hr Wonderer 1
KY Woman's head stepped on by Rand Paul supporters (Oct '10) Fri LMS 26,171
KY Paul vs Conway: The Nastiest Debate Of 2010 | T... (Oct '10) Fri LMS 16,112
•••
•••
•••
•••

Hindman Jobs

•••