When, oh When, are they going to put ...

When, oh When, are they going to put Randy in prison?

Posted in the Hindman Forum

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Secondhand Lion

Prestonsburg, KY

#1 Jul 13, 2012
Randy's about the set some kind of record for the length of time a convicted felon has been judge in Knott County. But I'm sure ol' Donnie won't mind Randy breaking his record. Ain't you?
Five Card

Hindman, KY

#2 Jul 14, 2012
I'm giving 10 to 1 odds that Thompson will never see the inside of a jail/prison. Any takers?

People you're getting ready to see how the "REAL" world works. I know, it ain't fair, but it's the way the ball really bounces.
yupp

Hindman, KY

#3 Jul 20, 2012
if the people of knott co r smart they will vote him out of office r have the state remove him if he did buys votes. who do we need to take his place any ideas. we need someone to bring jobs to r county not a play center where we can play ball or golf or watch people ride horses we need jobs r county needs to grow for r young people
real

Denver, CO

#4 Jul 23, 2012
When corrupt officials rule, the whole community is victimized. If corrupt officials are allowed to walk for their crimes, then it's time the citizens take a stand.

Those who dismiss corruption by saying, that's the way the real world works, are simply enablers, who will turn their head and accept a corrupt society. Corruption is not acceptable.

Undoubtedly he knows many in Kentucky Government, however, I do not see the Appellate Court Judges putting their reputations, nor their careers on the line for a corrupt Southeastern Kentucky County Judge. Knott County has a deep history of corruption, and everyone in the Frankfort is very well aware of this.
well

Ermine, KY

#5 Jul 23, 2012
real wrote:
When corrupt officials rule, the whole community is victimized. If corrupt officials are allowed to walk for their crimes, then it's time the citizens take a stand.
Those who dismiss corruption by saying, that's the way the real world works, are simply enablers, who will turn their head and accept a corrupt society. Corruption is not acceptable.
Undoubtedly he knows many in Kentucky Government, however, I do not see the Appellate Court Judges putting their reputations, nor their careers on the line for a corrupt Southeastern Kentucky County Judge. Knott County has a deep history of corruption, and everyone in the Frankfort is very well aware of this.
Chicago?? I'm sure you should be an expert on "corrupt officials" lol
Billy Bob

Somerset, KY

#6 Jul 24, 2012
Randy's case is federal. Kentucky Officials nor Kentucky Appellate Judges have anything to do with it.

His case will be heard on Friday in front of the 6th Circuit Court of Appeals in Cincinnati. I expect a ruling within three months after. He'll either get a new trial or they'll affirm his conviction and then he'll go to prison.
carr creek

Whitesburg, KY

#7 Jul 24, 2012
I myself would tell u a great person that would be great running the county and she is honest and true to everyone ,she always tries to help other's and is concerned about the people in knott county,she often talks about how people get treated unfairly in this county and how certain people get nwhat they want,for instance when the power or water goes off they make sure that they c that he has is powwr and water on first,if people that knows this women knows that she is honest as honest can be,she would never take from the citiens of knot county and i would guarntee that the people would have good roads and better service ,she has often talked about how the people in the county doesn't get treated right rather its due to the ablity to pay or the financial sitution .THE PERSON I AM TALKING ABOUT IA ...ANNA GIBSON..she would be a great person for not county and to run it right and not be corrupt.
friend

Whitesburg, KY

#8 Jul 24, 2012
I would like to rlply to "carr creek' i know anna very well she is very well likes in this county and anyone that knows her knows that the oerson that wrote that is telling every word the truth.Anna is a very liked person she tries to help anyone and everyone she can.Anna would be the perfect canidate for this postion,she use to work at carr creek ele. and evry student there thought the world of her.Anna is veey honest and would not take nothing brom noone and especially the county she knows how bad the county needs leadership.,and i fel just like the other person i feel that she should run for this office so we could have our county back and most IMPORTANTLY OUR EMPLOYEEES BACK TO WORK so that they can feed ther children.if people that read this doesn;t know anna her husband was james darrell gibson that was a fine man himself.PLEASE EVERYONE CONCIDER THIS AND LET;S START TALKING TO AQNNA TO GET HER TO RUN FOR OFFICE AND I PROMISE U ....U WILL HAVE YOUR COUNTY BACK.!!!!!!!!!
United States

#9 Jul 24, 2012
well wrote:
<quoted text>
Chicago?? I'm sure you should be an expert on "corrupt officials" lol
To Well:
1. People in the Knott County, Ky. area can show a location from anywhere in the world. It depends on how your location is configured in your computer to show.

2. Some people do travel, and if they are away, and have access to the internet, they can connect to the Knott County topix site and post. Just as you can go to any state, and any town on topix and post from Knott County.

3. Some people split their residence as well. They live in Knott County for part of the year, and somewhere else the other half.

4. Some people are from Knott County, but live elsewhere. Topix is a way to keep up with some of what is going on in the area they are from.
in agreement

United States

#10 Jul 24, 2012
Billy Bob wrote:
Randy's case is federal. Kentucky Officials nor Kentucky Appellate Judges have anything to do with it.
His case will be heard on Friday in front of the 6th Circuit Court of Appeals in Cincinnati. I expect a ruling within three months after. He'll either get a new trial or they'll affirm his conviction and then he'll go to prison.
That's exactly right. I don't see anyone within the Federal level risking their reputations and careers, to play the Good Ole Boy games. And certainly not for a County Judge Executive, from one of the most historically corrupt counties in Southeastern Kentucky.
carcreek

Whitesburg, KY

#11 Jul 24, 2012
I bet u one thing that anna gibson fromn pinetop would do it i promise u that i have nevermet a nicer person and more honest person in knott couny she does not believe in being corrupt she is straight forword.PEOPLE LETS TRY AND GET HER IN THERE AND C HOW KNOTT COUNTY GROWS I PEOMISE U IT WILL SHE KNOWS HOW TO DO IT .
shady grady

Hindman, KY

#12 Jul 25, 2012
I didnt think he had to go to prison
listen to all the whinning in knott co was his punishment
The K Bee

Hindman, KY

#13 Jul 27, 2012
I'm hearing it looks good for those wanting an appeal. Should have had separate trials. We be parting tonight.
disagree

Farmington, MI

#14 Jul 27, 2012
shady grady wrote:
I didnt think he had to go to prison
listen to all the whinning in knott co was his punishment
Whining as a punishment? Hardly. The people deserve better than a common criminal as a County Judge. If he's having a hard time handling the so called Whining, too bad. It's the citizens who have been victims of his crimes. If you can't do the time, don't do the crime.
bad

Clayhole, KY

#15 Jul 27, 2012
who? donnie? homer? williams? you people are idiots..Randy is the best we ever had.
shady grady want

Hindman, KY

#16 Jul 28, 2012
Thats what im saying but knott co is so full of whinners and when they dont get what they want its like whinnie time at ramp a room
Yea

Hindman, KY

#17 Jul 28, 2012
There's a frighteningly large faction of people in Knott county that aren't going to be satisfied until everyone under the age of 60 is ran out, the schools are shut down, and the rest are riding around in horse and buggies, selling corn by the road to make a living. They hate progress, they hate change, and they hate anyone who promotes, encourages, or accomplishes either one. This faction of undereducated Mike Hall worshipers will stop at nothing until their vision of an even more decrepit, backward, unhappy Knott County comes to be, and they've proven that. The lies and slander are only outweighed by the sheer ignorance of these Bottom feeding, Topix dwelling fools. they're the same people that shat bricks when Druther's turned into Dairy Queen, had strokes when Holly hills was first built, refused to eat at Donna's Golden Horseshoe, protested the freakin' RED LIGHT, Cried when Piggly-Wiggly became Pic-Pac, whined endlessly when they remodeled the main street bridge, voted against legal alcohol sales, and they're now trying to get rid of the only person to be in charge in almost 50 years that doesn't have to sign their name with an X and have things read to them. It would be remarkable if anywhere else....but in good ole Knott County, that level of stupidity is common place, and rest assured, since it's such a large faction, it will most likely win the day yet again. Pathetic.
educated

Dallas, TX

#18 Jul 28, 2012
I agree that there are large numbers of bottom feeders in Knott. That includes those who defend corruption. Corruption is unacceptable, and anyone who defends the corrupt and their actions is no better.

There are some educated people in Knott County, who do know the difference between right and wrong. Corruption is illegal and should never be allowed to flourish, as it only brings negativity to the entire community. We've seen many fine examples of that, including the most recent.

When the corrupt rule, the people are repressed, and the corrupt flourish. Stupidity becomes commonplace and the corrupt feed from it. Keep the people stupid, and its easier to line your pockets with their money. It's pathetic that anyone would consider upholding the corrupt and their actions.
shady grady want

Hindman, KY

#19 Jul 28, 2012
Well ( Yea)that is so close it aint funny they dont want progess here but I really hope your wrong but im afraid you so right I lived away from here for about 35 years and when I came back here it was when I left and what you said is the truth all I can say is ( God help us all )
Obama

Logan, WV

#20 Jul 29, 2012
yupp wrote:
if the people of knott co r smart they will vote him out of office r have the state remove him if he did buys votes. who do we need to take his place any ideas. we need someone to bring jobs to r county not a play center where we can play ball or golf or watch people ride horses we need jobs r county needs to grow for r young people
Vote for me I will help coal out!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hindman Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
John Short in trouble? 3 hr 88 Patriot 7
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 3 hr Patrick 148,873
Sherry Slone 4 hr Admirer 8
Megan Mullins Slone 14 hr Curious 3
JOHN SHORT ...drug supporter (May '10) Fri truth 38
Pictures Jun 22 wonder 1
High or drunk mother wrecking young daughter in... Jun 22 Sambo 6
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Hindman Mortgages