Who thought Carr Creek's 8th grade gr...

Who thought Carr Creek's 8th grade graduation sucked???

Posted in the Hindman Forum

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
duh

United States

#1 Jun 10, 2009
It was 5000000 degrees in there, no caps and gowns, and the tribute thing was lousy.

Not to mention, there should've been a better dress code.

There were guys there in jeans and tees, then guys in full tuxes with ties and vests.

There were girls there with dress pants and blouses on, and one girl with a big, fluffy, beaded, strapless prom/wedding dress with a tiara on!!! At an 8th grade graduation. She looked ridiculous!

Carr Creek needs to get their stuff together. That school is a joke!
woa

Chesterfield, MO

#2 Jun 11, 2009
Its not your choice really what another school does if you don't like it don't go to it, not every school does the same thing and I'm sorry to hear you don't like freedom of expression. Seriously who cares be glad they passed more than what they were wearing.
gotcha

Chesterfield, MO

#3 Jun 11, 2009
sorry,got to go with DUH on this one,no one cares if they wear a cap and gown, save that for the big one, if they make it through.but with somes attitude,it'll never happen.as for freedom of speech or dress or whatever, that's what wrong with america now, anything and everything goes.what would it have hurt the parents to lay some rules down to these kids and demand they dress respectful.when they go out to get a job ,are they going to tell the boss, they are expressing themselves,expressing themselves right out of a job.i know it's early to think about that, but 4 years isn't a long time.even as adults, we have to live by rules.maybe if we stop being so lax and allowing these kids to "express themselves",the jails wouldn't be overcrowded.let's demand they have some self respect.it's what it's about in this world.without self respect.where are we going. as for the dress code,damn,I'd be so happy to just get through the 8th grade,I'd been more than willing to look like a young adult,instead of a first grader,school boy.i was a manager, the first thing we looked at was dress, then speech.so please help our kids, your kids, to be the best they can be.i know i'm going to get a lot of shit over this.i just hate to see eastern,ky.,be so far behind.i want us to be on top with rest of the nation.
ValleyGirl

United States

#4 Jun 11, 2009
gotcha wrote:
sorry,got to go with DUH on this one,no one cares if they wear a cap and gown, save that for the big one, if they make it through.but with somes attitude,it'll never happen.as for freedom of speech or dress or whatever, that's what wrong with america now, anything and everything goes.what would it have hurt the parents to lay some rules down to these kids and demand they dress respectful.when they go out to get a job ,are they going to tell the boss, they are expressing themselves,expressing themselves right out of a job.i know it's early to think about that, but 4 years isn't a long time.even as adults, we have to live by rules.maybe if we stop being so lax and allowing these kids to "express themselves",the jails wouldn't be overcrowded.let's demand they have some self respect.it's what it's about in this world.without self respect.where are we going. as for the dress code,damn,I'd be so happy to just get through the 8th grade,I'd been more than willing to look like a young adult,instead of a first grader,school boy.i was a manager, the first thing we looked at was dress, then speech.so please help our kids, your kids, to be the best they can be.i know i'm going to get a lot of shit over this.i just hate to see eastern,ky.,be so far behind.i want us to be on top with rest of the nation.
Thank you, thank you, thank you!!!!!!!!!!
Rachel

Mount Vernon, KY

#5 Jun 11, 2009
Cap and gowns are for the REAL graduation..I'm sorry but too much is made of 8th grade...I heard that some grade schools have proms...that is ridicuous...I do want to add...I think Carr Creek is a fine school...with the exception of Deborah Slone...what a WITCH
woa

Chesterfield, MO

#6 Jun 11, 2009
I agree. lol, but anyway

You can't make kids do anything they want to do alright. I have a sister and I've watched my mom try to make her to do and listen to that and it doesn't work...The more you try to press things on them is the more they rebel when they are older and that's a given fact. Seriously, its not up to you to decided what anyone wears. Now that's the problem with the world today everyone goes crazy about what people wear and that's' not right. Who cares as long as their naughty parts are covered what are you freaking out about? All Knott county is worried about is "trying" to look good in the eyes of the public but most of the backwards people here make us look even more stupid then we began with.

Point being made here. The graduation isn't for you and it isn't for the parents. You know who that graduation is for. Its for the kids that are graduating a way to say "Hey I finally made it through" and you should be more worried about them standing there getting that diploma instead of going omg he has ripped jeans or omg she is in a prom dress.
omg

United States

#7 Jun 11, 2009
Well who wants graduation gowns and caps anyways?
I think its better to wear dresses and stuff.
I was there at the graduation, and personally, I thought everyone looked great without all the apparel.
I graduated from that school as well, and let me tell you, if I had to wear one of them gowns excluding my gold dress, I would have gotten mad.
plus, its graduating from 8th grade. not college.
yeah

Chesterfield, MO

#8 Jun 12, 2009
it sucked!
gotcha

Chesterfield, MO

#9 Jun 12, 2009
it's not about looking good or making a statement or any of that. it's about teaching our children some self respect and the correct way of doing things. have you ever heard of a kid being hired for a job ,coming in with earrings, holes in their pants, prom dresses(theres a place for all things).these kids will be out in the job world, college before long.,looking for work etc. if we don't teach them the correct way now,when are they ever going to learn.as for graduation,i don't care if they come butt naked.i was just saying ,teach them the correct way now, when they get older, looking for work,going out into the world,whatever, won't be so hard.you'd be surprised how many job applications get put in the garbage as soon as their backs are turned.bec ause the kid didn't dress correctly, earrings in the ears, speaking incorrect english.just something to think about.so.(i know,i was a manager,i did it )go on and tell the kids it's all right to wear whatever they want.they won't get to far in eastern,ky.i'm a father of 5 kids.i've had the same problems also,i do know it's hard to tell a child/want to be adult how to dress.i just want the best for our children.i want them to know how to dress, speak,etc., when they go out looking for work.i know you say,that's a long ways off.i'm sorry,4 years is not a long time.i thought so too,with 5 kids, now my last baby will walk across the stage tomorrow to get her diplomia.but thank god alice lloyd has dress up day,to teach the kids how to dress when going out looking for work.i think it's a great thing.my son even has to wear a tie on that day, and guess what, he's come to enjoy it.he finds dressing up and looking nice is a pleasure.thank you for your time
ASIF

Mount Vernon, KY

#10 Jun 12, 2009
Rachel wrote:
Cap and gowns are for the REAL graduation..I'm sorry but too much is made of 8th grade...I heard that some grade schools have proms...that is ridicuous...I do want to add...I think Carr Creek is a fine school...with the exception of Deborah Slone...what a WITCH
I have just one question....since Deborah Slone is at Carr Creek ...who is running Hell???
Courtney Mullins

United States

#11 Jun 12, 2009
duh wrote:
It was 5000000 degrees in there, no caps and gowns, and the tribute thing was lousy.
Not to mention, there should've been a better dress code.
There were guys there in jeans and tees, then guys in full tuxes with ties and vests.
There were girls there with dress pants and blouses on, and one girl with a big, fluffy, beaded, strapless prom/wedding dress with a tiara on!!! At an 8th grade graduation. She looked ridiculous!
Carr Creek needs to get their stuff together. That school is a joke!
Alright, The One In The White Fluffy Dress.. Hun, That Was Me. Its A Free World And I Think I Can Wear Whatever The Hell I Want, To MY Graduation. Honestly I Could Care Less That You Thought I Looked Ridiculous. At Least That Lets Me Know That You Payed Soooo Much Attention To Me That You Just Had To Get Home And Type About Me On Topix. Get A Life Seriously. I Mean, Your Probably Some GROWN WOMAN/MAN Talking About Me... A 15 YEAR OLD. LMFAO! Hun, YOUR A JOKE.=)
MOM

United States

#12 Jun 12, 2009
Hey off the topic but agree about Deb. I want to know why they allow the 2,3,4 and so on pick on Kind. and 1st and not get in trouble. They herrasse and torment thos little kids and when they deffend themselves they get in to trouble. No one asks what the big kids done to provoke the little kids. Don't forget Mis. Back she is nice but clueless.
Duh

United States

#13 Jun 12, 2009
Courtney Mullins wrote:
<quoted text>
Alright, The One In The White Fluffy Dress.. Hun, That Was Me. Its A Free World And I Think I Can Wear Whatever The Hell I Want, To MY Graduation. Honestly I Could Care Less That You Thought I Looked Ridiculous. At Least That Lets Me Know That You Payed Soooo Much Attention To Me That You Just Had To Get Home And Type About
Me On Topix. Get A Life Seriously. I Mean,
Your Probably Some GROWN WOMAN/MAN
Talking About Me... A 15 YEAR OLD.
LMFAO! Hun, YOUR A JOKE.=)
That is too funny, sweetie! Of course everyone paid attention to you. Your dress was as bug as the whole section you were sitting in. It's a wonder how you even fit through the doors on the stage! And you're 15 in 8th grade??? Bet you were glad to
graduate cause you're already behind a year!!
It's little girls like you that have to dress like
that for attention, because you'll never get
any based on your personality, intelligence,
or natural beauty. You need to get over
yourself and know that if it wasn't for that
dress, I'd never have remembered you!
Courtney Mullins

United States

#14 Jun 12, 2009
Duh wrote:
<quoted text>
That is too funny, sweetie! Of course everyone paid attention to you. Your dress was as bug as the whole section you were sitting in. It's a wonder how you even fit through the doors on the stage! And you're 15 in 8th grade??? Bet you were glad to
graduate cause you're already behind a year!!
It's little girls like you that have to dress like
that for attention, because you'll never get
any based on your personality, intelligence,
or natural beauty. You need to get over
yourself and know that if it wasn't for that
dress, I'd never have remembered you!
Your Soo Dumb, I Swear To God. You Must Have No Life. Seriously, is all you do is get on here and talk shit the people, because if it is, thats hilarious. Listen, i didnt dress like that to get attention, i dress like that because i loved the dress. And WHATS IT TO YOU? Your Opinion Dont mean shit to me. i dont give a damn if you HATED my dress, i loved it. SO WHAT. Hun, im glad you remembered me. It put a smile on my face<333.
wow

Chesterfield, MO

#15 Jun 12, 2009
Who the f*ck wants too look the same? Courtney hun, You looked fabulous. the teachers said that you can wear anything that you feel comfortable in. Carr Creek does suck. But what school don't? And I do believe that your allowed to wear anything you want and I mean that would make me happy too if somebody Paid enough attention to me to make a whole topic about me. Caps and Gowns suck and there ugly. Big Fluffy white dresses are the shyt.=] Thanks no life sob's c0cksuckers. Your the best.
KCCGirl

United States

#16 Jun 13, 2009
I hope you guys clean up your language and attitude before you get to KCC.
hot hot hot

Chesterfield, MO

#17 Jun 13, 2009
You think carr creek was 5ooo degrees dont yall have air conditioning there? emmalena dont ! and it was like 120 degrees in there during graduation!!
Courtneys aunt

United States

#18 Jun 13, 2009
You know it takes a very low kinda of person that would put children down for what they wore at an 8th grade graduation. You must not have kids of your own or really don't care about them because if you do I am sure you wouldn't want for people to say something about them like you did about Courtney. You should know that kids have feelings and you didn't care who you hurt.
You know if you got something to say use your real name not a bogus one and say what you got to say to an adult not a child. I thought the kids were perfectly fine because they were told to wear whatever they wanted so the kids wore what they were comfortable in.
I just have one question? You had so much to say to Courtney, Do you even know her to talk the trash you did, I assume not because if you did you would know that Courtney is a very sweet, caring, loving child that don't take nothing from anyone but if you need her she is there for her friends. I can't believe that an adult is so low as to talk about a child in the manner you did.
By the way she never failed if you know anything about how a childs birthday falls then you would know that kids born after October 1 can't start when the other kids do so if you are going to talk trash get your facts straight.
Samantha Mullins

Chesterfield, MO

#19 Jun 13, 2009
Honestly, I think Carr Creek's Graduation was fine. I graduated! I set right beside Courtney. And She's One of My Best Friend. This "duh" person must have like the dress a awful lot to study it to know every single detail, aye? I wore a tiara, and a yellow dress. Are you going to say I'm ridiculous. If Courtney liked the dress, and felt that it was comfortable for her, then it was. We don't have caps & gowns, cause what is the point in it? Knott Central's Graduation was fine with gowns, but what's the point. No, we didn't have a prom, we're 8th graders, not high schoolers. Our power point was horrible, sure. But we had fun, and that's all that matters. If We was happy with it, then that's what mattered. Our gym has air conditioners unlike some schools in Knott County. Some kids can't go out and buy big tuxes, or dresses. God, I think it's pathetic people get's on here,and COMPLAINS! about stufff, they don't know shit about.
CalebEverageDawg g

United States

#20 Jun 13, 2009
Hey, Carr Creek might not be the best in the county, and we might not have as much money as Hindman or Emalena, but we sure as hell made the best of it. Maybe if some people (Including Myself...) would have sold fun-raisers, then it would have looked a little better. I am proud to say that Courtney Mullins is one of my good friends, and I thought that she looked great. Everyone there looked fine. Most people just wore dress clothes, but does it really matter what people look like? At least they graduated. Plus, Carr Creeks staff actually thinks of the less fortunate. They where thinking of the people that couldn't afford a tux or suit, which is why they didn't have a dress code. And people aren't ridiculous for wearing a dress or tux, it's always good to look presentable! And why would we need the Caps or Gowns for our EIGHT GRADE graduation, not Twelfth.
Make Peace, Not War,
-Caleb Everage

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hindman Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Old friend 48 min Almosthome 1
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 6 hr Rose_NoHo 174,892
What does Pam Johnson drive? (Dec '14) 8 hr Big j 19
Zack Hall for County-Judge... 11 hr Jefferson 32
Stacy Terry 15 hr Concerned citiz 24
rotten teeth is Kayla (Sep '17) 18 hr ken 24
Life in Knott Co. Mon Jefferson 5

Hindman Jobs

Personal Finance

Hindman Mortgages