Investigation into the shooting death...

Investigation into the shooting death of a Hilton teen continues

There are 181 comments on the WHEC-TV Rochester, NY story from Apr 6, 2009, titled Investigation into the shooting death of a Hilton teen continues. In it, WHEC-TV Rochester, NY reports that:

Greece Police were called to Baneberry Way this weekend because they say 17-year-old Christopher Cervini and two other teens were going through unlocked vehicles in that neighborhood.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WHEC-TV Rochester, NY.

First Prev
of 10
Next Last
Bart

Canandaigua, NY

#1 Apr 6, 2009
How about investigating the parents of these kids. A 17 year old and two 15 year old's out a 3AM trying to get into cars. I guess it is ok not to wonder where your kids are at 3AM. Put the parents in jail. They caused this to happen.
Hockey Lover

United States

#2 Apr 6, 2009
Bart wrote:
How about investigating the parents of these kids. A 17 year old and two 15 year old's out a 3AM trying to get into cars. I guess it is ok not to wonder where your kids are at 3AM. Put the parents in jail. They caused this to happen.
Hey Fart where is your brain? Oh wait I know.
Mr Skeptical

Englewood, CO

#5 Apr 6, 2009
Bart wrote:
Yea, you're right. someone who's almost 18 should receive DEATH for being out after bed time. They're pretty young, but you're the one who needs to grow up. I guess you never stayed up late as a kid.
Tired

Fairport, NY

#6 Apr 6, 2009
please tell me what is there to do at 3 or 3:30 in the morning for a 17 yr old and 2 15 yr olds.??????
Disappointed

Hilton, NY

#9 Apr 6, 2009
This is disgusting. Who voted this guy judge, jury, and hangman? How do you know they were the ones responsible for the recent alledged vandalism. Or that they really were breaking into cars? Where is that evidence? If it is true do those crimes warrant death? If this guy was that scared of these kids,that he felt he needed to bring a gun, he should have stayed inside where he was safe and waited for the police to come and do what we pay them to do. It's not the 1800's anymore.
Jay the Car Owner

Covina, CA

#10 Apr 6, 2009
Disappointed wrote:
This is disgusting. Who voted this guy judge, jury, and hangman? How do you know they were the ones responsible for the recent alledged vandalism. Or that they really were breaking into cars? Where is that evidence? If it is true do those crimes warrant death? If this guy was that scared of these kids,that he felt he needed to bring a gun, he should have stayed inside where he was safe and waited for the police to come and do what we pay them to do. It's not the 1800's anymore.
They shouldn't have charged him. But they decided being thieves wasn't enough and wanted to graduate to Assault and rushed the good Samaritan looking out for his neighbor. They wanted to teach MR. Scott a lesson about minding his business. Except Mr. Scott's Crime Doesn't Pay (CDP 101)was already in session. And looks like they didn't study for the big test and failed.
HCS

Akron, NY

#11 Apr 6, 2009
Mr Skeptical wrote:
<quoted text>
Yea, you're right. someone who's almost 18 should receive DEATH for being out after bed time. They're pretty young, but you're the one who needs to grow up. I guess you never stayed up late as a kid.
I stayed up late as a kid but I wasn't breaking into cars or roaming the neighborhood....
JEWS FOR WATERBOARDING

Shortsville, NY

#12 Apr 6, 2009
Can anybody in the neighborhood give me an idea how much SCOTT'S house might be listing for? How many bedrooms and the square footage? Thanks.
2bad

Waterloo, NY

#13 Apr 6, 2009
If there was no confrontation, the 17 year old would be alive today. However, if the kid isn't out prowling, he doesn't get killed. That is the sad truth of this matter. Too bad for all involved. I hope justice is served no matter how the case turns out.
Moved south

Charlotte, NC

#14 Apr 6, 2009
I am glad I live in the south now and not NY. We would not be charged with murder for defending our neighbors property down here.
Keith

Newark, NY

#15 Apr 6, 2009
If he wanted to defend his neighbors property he should have bought himself a big dog instead of using a gun to murder someone.Hey i live in Greece,Ny and would have hired him to patrol my street if i heard those noises also.
HCS

Akron, NY

#16 Apr 6, 2009
JEWS FOR WATERBOARDING wrote:
Can anybody in the neighborhood give me an idea how much SCOTT'S house might be listing for? How many bedrooms and the square footage? Thanks.
WOW you're a D BAG
Rob

Oak Lawn, IL

#17 Apr 6, 2009
Disappointed...God forbid someone actually put thier own feet under them and do something to stop a crime rather than shove thier tail between thier legs, call the cops, and wait.

If Scotts story is true, he did everything right. Called the cops. Didn't shoot until rushed. I don't care who you are, if you are in a three on one defensive situation and you have the gun, you better be putting bullets on the most immediate threat to even the odds a bit. Do you honestly believe that Scott should have held his fire, giving the other two miscreants a chance to jump him as well? The laws that are being cited apply to one on one situations.

I grew up in Hilton, and I don't remember it being populated by all the spineless pansies that are now wriggling out from under thier rocks. I am disappointed in the lack of support for Mr. Scott.

That being said, if Scott is lying and lashed out vigilante style, then he deserves what he gets. Even then, its unfortunate that he was put in that situation.
LOL

Pittsford, NY

#18 Apr 6, 2009
I looked it up on the Monroe County site (because it doesn't make sense him just moving in and all that) he (Mr. Scott) doesn't own a house on the street. I think he lives with GF. There was a Roderick Scott who owned a house on Conkey Ave and hasn't paid his childsupport (judgements filed on him)could be a different guy, but I would guess he get's his fear of kids from where he used to live.
JEWS FOR WATERBOARDING wrote:
Disappointed

Hilton, NY

#19 Apr 6, 2009
Rob, if these kids were making enough noise to wake someone up two doors down I doubt they were theives. Having said that, if they were doing something illegal, he had every right to question them. He didn't have the right to shoot them. Remember he engaged them. When he left his house he must have felt pretty threatened to grab his gun. He must have thought a physical fight was immenent. While I beleive if we were able to "take the law into our hands" crime rates would plummet, we don't do that do that in a civialized society.
Jack Bauer

Shortsville, NY

#20 Apr 6, 2009
LOL wrote:
I looked it up on the Monroe County site (because it doesn't make sense him just moving in and all that) he (Mr. Scott) doesn't own a house on the street. I think he lives with GF. There was a Roderick Scott who owned a house on Conkey Ave and hasn't paid his childsupport (judgements filed on him)could be a different guy, but I would guess he get's his fear of kids from where he used to live.
<quoted text>
You're right. This guy has quite a backgroumd. Girlfriend's house.(trophy white chick) Must be she signed her house over to Johnny for the retainer, he doesn't work for free. What a chicken-shi-t coward. Just another ignorant SOB.
LOL

Pittsford, NY

#21 Apr 6, 2009
If I lived there I would hope Johnny get's the house, at least he'd be a good neighbor. Yeah I checked the real estate section (you can type in street names on d&c site and it will show by street all real estate sales over the past 10 years. Even if they bought it under a different name it would have come up with the street address, it didn't. So he definately moved in with someone who lived there or some weird real estate transaction that wasn't recorded in the County Clerks office took place (that would mean no deed filed)

Jack Bauer wrote:
<quoted text>
You're right. This guy has quite a backgroumd. Girlfriend's house.(trophy white chick) Must be she signed her house over to Johnny for the retainer, he doesn't work for free. What a chicken-shi-t coward. Just another ignorant SOB.
Steve

Rochester, NY

#22 Apr 6, 2009
Why is News 10 reporting that the teens were "going through unlocked vehicles" instead of the truth - they were criminally stealing property. Or are we supposed to believe that this was just harmless mischief?
This is a tradegy, but where are the teen's parents and his "friends"? We're not hearing from them because they know that this would not have happened if he had been at home - where a teenage boy should be at 3:30AM.
Geek

Rochester, NY

#23 Apr 6, 2009
I think we need to remember that just a few days ago someone was convicted of using killing someone one on one with a punch to the neck. In fact I think it was in the news the night this happened.

I don't think its that unreasonable to be in fear of my life 3 on one with one of them comming at me.

Murder NO WAY would he ever get a conviction on that... take it to jury, accept no deals.

I'll tell you what, I bet if he avoids prison time like I think he should there wouldn't be any crime on that street any time soon.

People should not be killed for stealing car stereos, people should be able to protect themselves and their property.

I will warn you. I will call the police, if you come at you, you have about 5 steps to change your mind.
Geek

Rochester, NY

#24 Apr 6, 2009
Wow horrible gramar.

Remind me to re-read my post before hitting submit.

Regardless you get the idea.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 10
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hilton Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Election Who do you support for State Senator in New Yor... (Oct '10) Mon josephbarkley 20
Daycare abuse? Jul 20 slivnm 2
Kevin P Clark Jul 11 Inform the people 1
News Trump cries foul over delegate process Republic... Apr '16 bottlecap 89
News Still no verdict in manslaughter case of Roderi... (Dec '09) Jun '15 JackAsters 232
News Former Teacher Indicted For Enticement Of A Minor (May '15) May '15 RacistFireCrotchB... 5
News Drones in NY: the jobs shell game (May '15) May '15 Willie 2

Hilton Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Hilton Mortgages