Beaufort needs vision, diked marsh, t...

Beaufort needs vision, diked marsh, traffic lights

There are 2 comments on the Island Packet story from Apr 14, 2010, titled Beaufort needs vision, diked marsh, traffic lights. In it, Island Packet reports that:

When are the bluenoses in Beaufort going to enter the 21st century and allow the diking of Battery Creek near the Parris Island bridge to develop the wasted marshland the Battery Creek basin now occupies? This would allow Beaufort to grow, and roads built through the area would alleviate the daily 20-mile circular sojourn everyone has to take to ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Island Packet.

Frank Wilson

United States

#1 Apr 14, 2010
Beaufort has grown far too much. The population there isn't remotely sustainable. What is needed is strict regulation of future development and equally strict population management.
jbgooch

Minneapolis, MN

#2 Nov 6, 2013
The writer is showing his ignorance. There is no such thing as "wasted marsh" It's this attitude that has destroyed so much of SC's valuable coast. The marsh is a nursery where most marine life is born or nurtured. The "wasted" Battery creek marsh is a rich ecosystem that should be protected, not developed. If this truly is the writers attitude, I would be happy to provide him a map on how to get back to Ohio and I'll even chip in on the gas if he promises never to return.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hilton Head Island Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Looking for a place to rent Dec 1 wvboy 1
James Jabbar Williams - Arrested - Attempted Mu... Nov 30 Lonestar 4
james jabbar williams -murder suspect- black su... Nov 21 Lonestar 2
News Odd artifact leaves archaeologist stumped at Be... Oct '17 Mcemerson 1
Senior softball leagues (Nov '13) Oct '17 Patroldog 2
News Robert P. Lanski Aug '17 MLS 1
Hilton Head Island Music Forum (Nov '12) Jul '17 Musikologist 14

Hilton Head Island Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance