lyons, il politics
French 75

Toledo, OH

#8324 Jan 14, 2014
You want savings ??? Bring back the clubs and night life. The town needs some character and happy endings. Win-win for everyone. more jobs and tax dollars. Heck, Sheehan & Harley can even do some bouncing at My Uncle's Place..
WTH wrote:
So, according to the DVN Getty struck a "deal" with the police that will save the village $800,000. O, then where are these savings? The 2013 budget was $9,417,400...the 2014 budget is $9,771,842...that is a $354,000 INCREASE! Where did the "savings" go...wait, look under "Administration". The amount for "Other Expenditures" went from $1,500 to $727,012. And what is that to be spent on? Who knows - whatever the president feels like.
Eye Full

Lyons, IL

#8325 Jan 20, 2014
Voice of the Residents wrote:
Old Ghost do you mean like a federal indictment of a certain elected official??? Like father like son? Hmmm you know what's really odd is how one of the mayor's right hand men who was also an elected official took off out of here like a bat out of hell and never looked back and they don't talk about him and its like he didn't exist. The Feds are watching this town and some of the dirty stuff going on my question is will they let junior have the same cell as senior did???
Can't wait for them to come. The TLC / MVP will have much explaining to do. Our Mayor Christopher is the best.
Eye Full

Lyons, IL

#8326 Jan 20, 2014
SO SAD wrote:
<quoted text>
I asked the same question. In previous years, we had large dump truck types that did the plowing. I guess Lyons is down sizing everything, police, dispatchers, public works, meetings, plows!!!!!
Large Blue Truck was plowing our street. You people are really stupid. Picking on everyone. Our Police have a Union. No Mayor is going to fire Police Officers. Besides ask Trustee Krueger. Our Village is a Manager Form of Government. The Manager rules the Village. Ask her.
WTH

Forest Park, IL

#8327 Jan 23, 2014
Eye Full wrote:
<quoted text>
Large Blue Truck was plowing our street. You people are really stupid. Picking on everyone. Our Police have a Union. No Mayor is going to fire Police Officers. Besides ask Trustee Krueger. Our Village is a Manager Form of Government. The Manager rules the Village. Ask her.
Ah, yes, let us resort to insults. Yes, you are right, we do have a Manager/Village Board form of government; therefore Getty is actually the Village President, although he chooses to use the title mayor. As for how it works is the President and Board set policy and direct the village manager, the manger carries out the wishes of the village board. The manager may not take action as regards the police or DPW without the support of the village board, he/she is only responsible for running the business of the village. Why don't you spend some time learning about how a village is supposed to operate under the manager form of government.
Lie-yons

Chicago, IL

#8328 Jan 25, 2014
Eye Full wrote:
<quoted text>
Our Police have a Union. No Mayor is going to fire Police Officers.
Our current Mayor was Mayor when 3 officers were laid off in 2009.
Twilight Zone

Chicago, IL

#8329 Jan 31, 2014
Eye Full wrote:
<quoted text>
Can't wait for them to come. The TLC / MVP will have much explaining to do. Our Mayor Christopher is the best.
Sorry to give you the bad news, but you have not seen the other side of him that I have witnessed "MANY TIMES." Even his wife, family and friends are completely clueless about this!!! On a lighter note.... "GO ERIC DECKER!!!" "87 ALL THE WAY"!!!
SUPER BOWL

Chicago, IL

#8330 Jan 31, 2014
"Goooo.... "ERIC DECKER!!!!" GET THAT RING!!!
WTH

Forest Park, IL

#8331 Feb 1, 2014
I see our top flight snow removal is in full swing...the pick up truck has been going back and forth, but it is too light to really do the job. And since it has no salting capabilities, no salt. I guess they will have to get the blue truck going, but since that is about what the landscapers use, don't expect too much, except in front of the village hall. And I imagine those who live on the west side aren't seeing much of any removal.
Love Lovero

United States

#8332 Feb 1, 2014
The streets in Berwin are always safe to drive. Unfortunately, the streets here and in Cicero are "ALWAYS" a hot mess!!! Last year I crashed right by the corner by my house!!!
Wishful Thinking

Riverside, IL

#8333 Feb 1, 2014
It has been said forever and a day that the feds are investigating Lyons and McCook for corruptions, bribes, etc.....It will never happen. Too damn corrupt for even the FBI or DOJ to take down. Absolute power.....absolutely corrupts.
Memory Lane

United States

#8334 Feb 1, 2014
Wishful Thinking wrote:
It has been said forever and a day that the feds are investigating Lyons and McCook for corruptions, bribes, etc.....It will never happen. Too damn corrupt for even the FBI or DOJ to take down. Absolute power.....absolutely corrupts.
Wasn't it the Feds who sent one of our former mayors to Club Fed Colorado for a five year vacay a few years back? Something to do with bid-rigging?
Wishful Thinking

Riverside, IL

#8335 Feb 2, 2014
Memory Lane wrote:
<quoted text>
Wasn't it the Feds who sent one of our former mayors to Club Fed Colorado for a five year vacay a few years back? Something to do with bid-rigging?
Yes it was, however, it couldn't have been done without Petrucci and Sullivan. It takes a crook to turn another crook in. Lessons have now been learned by that. Now they try to spread the ill gotten gains with each other to stop them from ratting each other out.
WTH

Forest Park, IL

#8336 Feb 4, 2014
Well, I understand its official - the question of term limits will be on the ballot. The President of the U. S. can only serve 2 terms, but Getty wants to stay on...guess his DemocRAT friends haven't found a spot for him somewhere else. If you truly care for Lyons, vote this proposition down...even you who support Getty now may rue this in the future if someone else gets elected. Those of us remember Bill Smith who ran this town for 30 years and the corruption he spawned.
Lowbrow

United States

#8337 Feb 4, 2014
Lowbrow residents voted for two ex jail-birds to run this town. That makes this a lowbrow classless town, just saying. Embarassing to tell anyone im from lie-yons. last time I told someone they said ' uh that's where they have that corrupt mayor.' I said no that was his father. Embarrassing!
WTH

Forest Park, IL

#8338 Feb 4, 2014
Lowbrow wrote:
Lowbrow residents voted for two ex jail-birds to run this town. That makes this a lowbrow classless town, just saying. Embarassing to tell anyone im from lie-yons. last time I told someone they said ' uh that's where they have that corrupt mayor.' I said no that was his father. Embarrassing!
We can only hope that in the future you won't have to say "Yes, and his father was corrupt, too"?
FYI

Chicago, IL

#8339 Feb 4, 2014
What is important is that we have SOME residents in this community that speak up and" STAND THEIR GROUND." They stay true to their values, and try to inform the residents about pivotal issues thst impact the residents of VOL. This is evident in this forum!! Unfortunately, most residents are oblivious of this forum, they are" UTTERLY CLUELESS " about any crucial pertinent info that effects them. Also we need more "Profound" posts on here, like those of SB and TU, and less "personal attacks! " Yes, I am guilty of that but when someone attacks me... I attack back! Remember "SAY WHAT YOU MEAN AND MEAN WHAT YOU SAY!!!"
FYI

Chicago, IL

#8340 Feb 4, 2014
What we need is.... more god fearing people. Then this world would be perfect!!'-' "-"
WTH

Forest Park, IL

#8341 Feb 5, 2014
Just spent 30 minutes digging out from the wonderful snow plow job in our alley...used a front end loader so ended up with snow piled 2 feet high on both sides..too bad we no longer have the proper equipment...thank goodness the state plows old 66!
LMNO

Cicero, IL

#8342 Feb 5, 2014
WTH wrote:
Just spent 30 minutes digging out from the wonderful snow plow job in our alley...used a front end loader so ended up with snow piled 2 feet high on both sides..too bad we no longer have the proper equipment...thank goodness the state plows old 66!
Guess I'm just happy that the came thru the alley! finallly!!!
Yeah, it's a bitch to dig out but at least I have a better chance of getting out!
Guessing they want us to just be thankful for that!

I do recall my alley getting cleared out some years ago on regular basis. I do recall BIG trucks with snow plows working on the streets.

I know DPW is doing what they can with what they have. Not saying anything against them .. they are working!
French 75

Taylor, MI

#8343 Feb 5, 2014
WTH wrote:
<quoted text>
We can only hope that in the future you won't have to say "Yes, and his father was corrupt, too"?
Maybe big daddy and greasy haired jr can vacation together in a barb-wired paradise. Wonder if their offices and phones are bugged ??? Is someone they "trust" feeding the FEDS to save their own skin ? Karma is a wonderful thing !

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hillside Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Some in Cicero take issue with flying of Mexica... (Oct '08) 1 hr They cannot kill ... 1,571
Brothel in our community (Dec '16) 2 hr Omg 25
MP Police selling raffle tickets on duty for th... 4 hr king turd 8
Poll Which Town is the Most Corrupt? (Feb '08) 9 hr ChasityG 26
what does brookfield look like now (Feb '08) 20 hr real thomas 2
What happened to the Hillside Shopping Center? (Mar '08) Sun Dave 656
Recycling drop off? Sep 14 cynic 12

Hillside Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Hillside Mortgages