Amid the clutter - art

Amid the clutter - art

There are 5 comments on the Chicago Tribune story from Jul 28, 2007, titled Amid the clutter - art. In it, Chicago Tribune reports that:

As officials from the Cook County public guardian's office sorted through decades of accumulated belongings in an elderly woman's house last year, amid dusty towers of newspapers and junk mail, they began to ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Chicago Tribune.

chust70

Bangalore, India

#1 Jul 28, 2007
REgards and salaams to the old lady for saying that"at this age I am not for making money. The Juergens collection belongs to the world" How generous in the land of Ayn RAnd.
betherly

Cincinnati, OH

#2 Jul 28, 2007
What a remarkable find and a lovely end to a family rift.
Helen Osborne

Traverse City, MI

#3 Aug 7, 2007
Alfred Juergens was my great grandfather's brother. I have several paintings from Alfred including a portrait of my great grandfather that Alfred painted. Very interesting article about Alfred. Thank you.
Chris Miller

United States

#4 Aug 16, 2007
Alfred Juergens was a member of our art club, the Palette and Chisel, and I'm assembling pictures by him and other former members for our website:

http://www.thisoldpalette.blogspot.com/

So we would really appreciate whatever images you could send us, Helen.
Mindy Juergens-Reno

Grand Rapids, MI

#5 Feb 21, 2009
Helen Osborne wrote:
Alfred Juergens was my great grandfather's brother. I have several paintings from Alfred including a portrait of my great grandfather that Alfred painted. Very interesting article about Alfred. Thank you.
Helen- Do you know if Alfred Juergens is any relation to the actor Curd/Curt Juergens? I have seen pictures of both and the similarties are there. I am trying to hunt done family history and keep hitting walls. Thank You-Mindy Juergens-Reno Kzoo, Mi.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hillside Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Poll What about the loss of Elliott's Dairy? (Mar '10) 1 hr Liz Derenski 52
Emmanuel Dominguez missing?! (Nov '13) 1 hr Disgraceful memories 1,612
lyons, il politics (Mar '07) 5 hr Profits Over Lives 8,967
pete venute 19 hr WILDBILL 24
News Dr. Les Golden is Charged by Oak Park Park's wi... (May '09) 20 hr uhhhhh 5
News I'm mad -- I got Berwyn's $100 camera traffic t... (Feb '12) Fri Biffmontoya 38
Review: Asset Recovery Associates ARA Inc Fri Dwight Bennett 97

Hillside Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Hillside Mortgages