Gun battle on Lake Street ends with s...

Gun battle on Lake Street ends with surrender, charges

There are 30 comments on the Marywood Herald story from Jul 21, 2009, titled Gun battle on Lake Street ends with surrender, charges. In it, Marywood Herald reports that:

A man who drew Maywood police into exchanging gunfire on Lake Street on Sunday afternoon was indicted Monday for attempting to kill police officers.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Marywood Herald.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
HPPT

Bellwood, IL

#1 Jul 21, 2009
Isn't this how a lot of perps "get fatally shot while excaping"?
amor de rey

Bellwood, IL

#2 Jul 25, 2009
fre my dude grod!!!!!
amor de pene

Virginia Beach, VA

#3 Jul 27, 2009
please grow up. hope u jump on this page and read my what ponders in my mind. whoever u r please take a minute to reflect..what would ur mom say? r u a dropout cause by that comment u left it seems that u do poor academic wise. also think about your future or the future you lack man..are still going to be a king at the age of 4o? do something with your life, visit places around the world bro. everything is out there and believe me there is a whole world out there different from maywood man i have seen it and i am living it,. hope this gets through to you-hope you let god guide you.
KING LOVE

United States

#4 Aug 31, 2009
FREE My NIGKA!
Outside of MP

Downers Grove, IL

#5 Aug 31, 2009
KING LOVE wrote:
FREE My NIGKA!
gangbangers are weakminded who can't stand on their own two feet. It's pretty sad.. the only time you are tough is when you have a gun or have 20 of your trashy friends behind you.
MPD

Mexico, Mexico

#6 Sep 21, 2009
The officers in that gunfight are my friends. In the end, the little coward pointed the gin to his head ans was crying like a baby. Not so tough now huh señor Latin king? He was harrasing a young man who moves to that part of town to get away from the gangs in the city. Shortly thereafter here comes this jackass harrasing the poor guy cuz he thinks he's still involved in gangs, causing him to move away from the gang problem yet again. This loser thought he was tough bringing a gun to a fight against an unwilling victim. Once the cavalry came to the rescue he thought the Maywood Police would be scared and run away and he'd escape. Wrong! We get paid to fight and we love it. We get paid to defend the ones who can't defend themselves and love it. Once he realized he was outmanned and outnumbered, he figured we'd have mercy on him if he feigned attempted suicide. No mercy asshole, you try to kill two good men, you're done! Suicide would have been your best option. Where are your Latin king friends now? Paolo and his boys on the north end, they know what's up. They know that anytime we see him and his boys in that raggedy ass black caddy with rims worth more than the car that's registered to his girls mom, we're gonna stop them, search them, and smack them around. Paolo, Fingers, Franky Garibay, etc. You guys are useless. Not so tough huh latin kings? Why don't you give it up as leave Maywood? Otherwise we're gonna drive you out or lock you up like we did the Saucedo brothers on 7th and Erie? You guys are a big ass joke.
MPD

Mexico, Mexico

#7 Sep 21, 2009
And I misspelled, not because I'm illiterate but because I'm on an iPhone and making long comments like the last one is difficult to go back and check on an iPhone. But you get what I'm trying to say. Gin was meant to he gun, ans was meant to be and, etc.
sad by true

United States

#8 Sep 23, 2009
i say get these gangbangers all of them they are no bodys and will never be nothing but problems.Like you said what about when your 40 are you still going to claim latin king? What are you going to do when your kids turn out just like you were and put you though everything you put your own parents and family though, its going to suck and you all should pray to god that you even make it to that far to see your kids grow up. Think about it guys and the girls that think these guys are cool. They are not.. Find real men that have full-time jobs and a plan for there life.
MPD

Mexico, Mexico

#9 Sep 24, 2009
I don't think these guys think that far ahead. What kind of 401k do the gangs offer? Hahaha. Well you're right when you say their kids will be just like them if not worse. I don't understand what the appeal of being in a gang is. Fighting for streets that aren't theirs?! No sir! They are MY streets and the citizens streets and I'll see to it that the kids of Maywood don't have to worry about punks running around with guns and trying to sell them narcotics. I can't tell you how many times I've stopped a car full of dirtbag gangbanger and they have pretty young women from the suburbs riding with them. WTF?? do they really think it's cool to be with these scumbags, with no jobs and no life. I just have to say that these ladies will learn the hard way and I've seen it. They end up pregnant living in the ghetto ans mommy and daddy in the suburbs disown them for bringing home a dirtbag POS instead of a clean cut man with a good career.
cass

Indianapolis, IN

#10 Sep 25, 2009
MPD wrote:
And I misspelled, not because I'm illiterate but because I'm on an iPhone and making long comments like the last one is difficult to go back and check on an iPhone. But you get what I'm trying to say. Gin was meant to he gun, ans was meant to be and, etc.
Don't you hate it when you go back and find spelling errors! Especially when you are angry and trying to make a point.... It happens to me all the time and I'm certain that anyone with half a brain understood what you meant to say....
karen

Villa Park, IL

#11 Sep 25, 2009
Outside of MP wrote:
<quoted text> gangbangers are weakminded who can't stand on their own two feet. It's pretty sad.. the only time you are tough is when you have a gun or have 20 of your trashy friends behind you.
I couldnt have said it better, u hit it right on the nose..
Yo Daddy

Bellwood, IL

#12 Sep 29, 2009
LOL
edward cook

Olive Branch, MS

#13 Sep 29, 2009
MPD wrote:
The officers in that gunfight are my friends. In the end, the little coward pointed the gin to his head ans was crying like a baby. Not so tough now huh señor Latin king? He was harrasing a young man who moves to that part of town to get away from the gangs in the city. Shortly thereafter here comes this jackass harrasing the poor guy cuz he thinks he's still involved in gangs, causing him to move away from the gang problem yet again. This loser thought he was tough bringing a gun to a fight against an unwilling victim. Once the cavalry came to the rescue he thought the Maywood Police would be scared and run away and he'd escape. Wrong! We get paid to fight and we love it. We get paid to defend the ones who can't defend themselves and love it. Once he realized he was outmanned and outnumbered, he figured we'd have mercy on him if he feigned attempted suicide. No mercy asshole, you try to kill two good men, you're done! Suicide would have been your best option. Where are your Latin king friends now? Paolo and his boys on the north end, they know what's up. They know that anytime we see him and his boys in that raggedy ass black caddy with rims worth more than the car that's registered to his girls mom, we're gonna stop them, search them, and smack them around. Paolo, Fingers, Franky Garibay, etc. You guys are useless. Not so tough huh latin kings? Why don't you give it up as leave Maywood? Otherwise we're gonna drive you out or lock you up like we did the Saucedo brothers on 7th and Erie? You guys are a big ass joke.
send this prisoners overseas and pay the poor people over there to guard them especially the ones with life sentences and it will be cheaper on the tax payers
rick

Belleville, IL

#14 Oct 7, 2009
i hope someone kills you next you are a waste and the world is better off without you and other like you
rick

Belleville, IL

#15 Oct 7, 2009
king ,i hope someone kills you and other like you
you've been watching to much B.E.T
MPD

United States

#16 Oct 7, 2009
I have a better idea. Send them over to Iraq and afghanistan to fight the war. That way they can kill all they want, and when they get blown up by the Al Quaida it won't be a big loss since no one cares of either one dies! That'll save the lives of thousands of good Americans that are over there serving our country.
amor de rey

Bellwood, IL

#17 Oct 27, 2009
F all u lazy shits police from maywood all u do is 2 scratch ur fu black ass and do shit all the time do something and help people jus stop being lazy black F MAYWOOD POLICE AND WOODZ THATS Y THEY CALL IT MURDAWOODZ LMFAO B****
beauty

Elmhurst, IL

#18 Mar 9, 2010
u may not see it now gangbanger but trust me u will rather in this life or the after life trust me god has the last say
5 0 for life

United States

#19 Mar 12, 2010
when they least expect it- it will bite them in the a**!!! Look at all these gangbanger they are either dead,shot up, locked up.Cops are not giving up-they will get as many gangbangers as they can and lock them up.I agree MPD send all their a**** to Iraq where the war is and since they think their tough and sh** let them kill or be killed!! Plain and simple-most likely they will probably be killed.SO TO ALL YOU GANG BANGERS YOU THINK YOUR TOUGH LIKE YOU OWN THE STREETS WELL PROVE IT!!TAKE YOUR A** INTO WAR.If not well then all i have to say is your all a bunch of pus*** a** bit***!!!!!SATAN CANNOT WAIT TO SEE ALL YOU GANGBANGERS IN HELL! HAVE A SHIT*** LIFE YOU POS....
Cynthia

Villa Park, IL

#23 Apr 12, 2010
I dont know how all these people could sit there & judge other people. You guys dont know how they got into gangbanging & if you did, it would be none of your business anyway. My sisters boyfriend buys my nephew what he needs when he needs it. He is a great father to my nephew and still. No one knows half the shit they go through to raise their family's right without them knowing about the stuff they do. & the cops should know better to put all those names up like they know them or something. You dont know, & to be honest, its really none of your business. I think instead of worrying about what they do, you should go on with your lives and stop pretending like you actually care, no one wants to hear your opinions. Yeah, im not saying gangbanging is good, but really, its really none of your business. These comments are just retarded and maybe if you spent one with them, you'd see who they really are inside. Until that day, I'd say everyone else should keep their comments to themselves.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hillside Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
lyons, il politics (Mar '07) 7 hr Memory Lane 8,877
Bridgeview IL. Gang Graffiti from blacks and m... (Dec '13) 18 hr trump 38
berwyn gang shooting (Aug '08) 20 hr Grant Works LAs 258
why are the cops who were granted immunity in m... (Aug '10) 22 hr WILDBILL 26
Next mayor 22 hr WILDBILL 3
Emmanuel Dominguez missing?! (Nov '13) Sat Remembrance 1,586
Growing up in Countryside (Dec '11) Sat Otis 15

Hillside Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Hillside Mortgages