District 209 teachers reject furlough...

District 209 teachers reject furlough proposal

There are 2 comments on the Chicago Tribune story from Oct 7, 2007, titled District 209 teachers reject furlough proposal. In it, Chicago Tribune reports that:

With the threat of staff cuts looming, teachers in Proviso District 209 overwhelmingly rejected a district proposal Friday that they each take a two-week unpaid furlough so the district can pay its bills.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Chicago Tribune.

Homer Ballard

Rockford, IL

#1 Oct 21, 2007
Fulough or no furlough District 209 will produce some of the state of Illinois' lowest test scores. So teachers, please start earning your raises soon. Thank you.
Wede

Naperville, IL

#2 Jul 1, 2008
District 209 ranks near the bottom in Illinois in terms of academic performance. Looks bleak. Too bad. When I went to PW ages ago it was not a bad place.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hillside Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Roy Mccambell Barry Zito and Current Technologi... (Apr '12) 8 hr Camera Scam 40
Sgt. John Wasilenko and Drew Petersen (Apr '13) 8 hr RJ Serpico Loans 92
Redundancy from WILDBILL 8 hr RJ Serpico Loans 33
Babe Serpico Statue of Felons 8 hr Mrs guido Friend 1
Make Melrose Park great again 9 hr Mrs Guido Friend 18
federal agents in melrose park 7/25/16 9 hr Mrs Guido Friend 30
Not all (Proposed) developments are good ones. 10 hr Mrs Guidos Friend 5

Hillside Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Hillside Mortgages