Sopkos Return to Court Monday

Sopkos Return to Court Monday

There are 17 comments on the Patch.com story from Jan 12, 2014, titled Sopkos Return to Court Monday. In it, Patch.com reports that:

Wondering what's going on in and around Oak Forest? Check out our daily look at what you should be watching out for each day and the entire week.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Patch.com.

Patchy

Jacksonville, FL

#1 Jan 13, 2014
Little Joey should keep an eye on the Southtown Star page for updates so he can cut and paste them to the patch site. I mean, cmon, why do any work when an actual REPORTER can do it for you!

Keep fixing those typos on the main page there, idiot.
Res

Chicago, IL

#2 Jan 14, 2014
Patchy wrote:
Little Joey should keep an eye on the Southtown Star page for updates so he can cut and paste them to the patch site. I mean, cmon, why do any work when an actual REPORTER can do it for you!
Keep fixing those typos on the main page there, idiot.
Please stop your one person crusade, nobody cares about your grudge.
update

Chicago, IL

#3 Jan 14, 2014
Why no follow up on Monday's court appearance?
RES1

Chicago, IL

#4 Jan 15, 2014
Why no follow up? Well, Patch was not there. They need to wait for the southtown star to write a story on it, then they will lift the material and post it about three different ways on the main page. Then, they will put in on FB about three more times, because, you know, "people have been asking about this". Such a retarded operation at that place.

Think I am wrong? Just ask him, and wait for the silence.

Every day Lil Joey gets slapped for another error in his posts. Man, it must have been rough being dropped on his head so many times as a child.
Patchy

Chicago, IL

#5 Jan 15, 2014
This is really funny, and true. The OF editor is still asleep right now, so when he wakes up and goes to his google alerts for the Sopkos, it'll take him to the SS article, which was posted hours ago. Then the little SFB editor will quickly cut and paste much of the content from the SS story to to Patch page, giving NO CREDIT to the SS reporter.

Lets see how many grammar mistakes he makes in his rush to please the bigwigs at Patch HQ.

And THAT, folks, is how Patch consistently rips off hard working REPORTERS day after day
Res

Chicago, IL

#6 Jan 15, 2014
Patchy wrote:
This is really funny, and true. The OF editor is still asleep right now, so when he wakes up and goes to his google alerts for the Sopkos, it'll take him to the SS article, which was posted hours ago. Then the little SFB editor will quickly cut and paste much of the content from the SS story to to Patch page, giving NO CREDIT to the SS reporter.
Lets see how many grammar mistakes he makes in his rush to please the bigwigs at Patch HQ.
And THAT, folks, is how Patch consistently rips off hard working REPORTERS day after day
Why do you continue? Haven't you figured out yet that nobody cares that you were fired from Patch for incompetence? We are all bored with your posts.
Patchy

United States

#7 Jan 15, 2014
If youre bored, dont read. Too bad you cant prove anything i said as wrong. Facts are facts, and most local patch editors are lazy plagiarists. The OF one is really the bottom of the barrel. Never follows up on anything people ask. Routinely steals from the SS, Trib, etc. the OF site is almost always filled with spam from Patch HQ. He allows racist and threatening messages to proliferate the boards. On and on.......
Dude

Tinley Park, IL

#8 Jan 15, 2014
Patchy wrote:
If youre bored, dont read. Too bad you cant prove anything i said as wrong. Facts are facts, and most local patch editors are lazy plagiarists. The OF one is really the bottom of the barrel. Never follows up on anything people ask. Routinely steals from the SS, Trib, etc. the OF site is almost always filled with spam from Patch HQ. He allows racist and threatening messages to proliferate the boards. On and on.......
. "If your bored, don't read". Sound familiar? By you laying it on so thick, your sounding like a whiney little douche bag. Enough of your crusade. Nobody cares.
Patchy

United States

#9 Jan 15, 2014
Again, you cannot prove me wrong that the Patch is a pathetic online rag that generates any useful local content.

AOL is selling it off soon, so its just a matter of time before you are out of a job, editor. Time to put down the remote and get your GED.
Random Thoughts

Hanover Park, IL

#10 Jan 15, 2014
Patchy wrote:
Again, you cannot prove me wrong that the Patch is a pathetic online rag that generates any useful local content.
AOL is selling it off soon, so its just a matter of time before you are out of a job, editor. Time to put down the remote and get your GED.
Hey Partner, Dude, is there any update or not? This constant bashing of the Patch serves no benefit here, let us know if there would be any updates? Last I heard their next court date will be in February. I guess that gives them two weeks or so to get the discovery part of the case out in the open. Man o man, I would have never thoughts these folks would get into something like this! Really man, wasn't there a few situations of other Fire Department inconsistencies? A PW Director went and served a criminal term for something similar, and then there were the folks that embezzled from the Credit Union and CBS. They must be teaching a class at the high school on how to embezzling public funds in this town! When you graduate, you get to wear an Orange jump suit. I wonder if there should be other OF officials that will also be graduating into the same club soon?
Patchy

United States

#11 Jan 15, 2014
Random Thoughts,

The REPORTER at the Southtown Star filed this at 2:12am today, while our intrepid OF editor was still playing Call of Duty. Even though Patch editors love to post here, they wouldn't get caught dead providing a link to the actual STORY on their company issued laptops. So, here you go. And don't forget to support your local REPORTERS, the people that go out and put in the hard work that Patch editors love to steal.

http://southtownstar.suntimes.com/24962801-52...
Res

Chicago, IL

#12 Jan 15, 2014
Patchy wrote:
What part of we don't care can't you understand? If you think you will get your job back by posting on a entertainment site you can't be too smart.
Random Thoughts

Hanover Park, IL

#13 Jan 16, 2014
Hey Man, doesn't seem the information coming out now is about Palos Heights, more about Oak Forest! Not heard any input, but rumors, but these folks had the hands into many areas which had nothing but cash payments - wonder if all the folks involved with places like Park District, District 145, PTO, OF Fire Service, or OF Fury are looking into their finances? Did I also hear it correct that they were also heavily involved with Oak Fest? Man that is really a place where cash is available and never seems to be any real accounting of cash. Wasn't it Oak Fest that had a very poor payout to volunteer organizations 2 years ago, could be they should have their books audited?

Then there is a fund set up on the Oak Forest Website for the Tornado Victims in Washington, IL where is all of that money? WOW, they really had their hands on to a good deal of cash in their travels in our town, maybe that is why the focus seems to be more on this fair town. All the evidence will come out eventually, so I hope they have not placed their hands into accounts that impacted any of the OF Volunteer Organizations, that would be bad if it was impacting those outfits.
Just Saying

Frankfort, IL

#14 Jan 16, 2014
How is it that Michelle is still living in the house if the property taxes have not been paid?
Ridiculous

Chicago, IL

#15 Jan 16, 2014
You all are just ridiculous. They have been arrested and charged with a crime. Have any of you ever heard about a fundamental right of innocent until proven guilty? And there are plenty of people living in homes while owing property taxes. A lien is placed upon the house and eventually the property is sold at a tax auction. That takes time. And how would you know if someone in her family stepped up and paid the taxes up to date? Maybe you all would be happier if you concentrated on your own lives and being happy instead of being happy at the misfortune of others. And lastly if you hate Oak Forest so much why not move the heck out?
Catch Them All

Forest Park, IL

#16 Jan 16, 2014
Ridiculous wrote:
You all are just ridiculous. They have been arrested and charged with a crime. Have any of you ever heard about a fundamental right of innocent until proven guilty? And there are plenty of people living in homes while owing property taxes. A lien is placed upon the house and eventually the property is sold at a tax auction. That takes time. And how would you know if someone in her family stepped up and paid the taxes up to date? Maybe you all would be happier if you concentrated on your own lives and being happy instead of being happy at the misfortune of others. And lastly if you hate Oak Forest so much why not move the heck out?
Yes. I am happy of the misfortune of public leaders that get caught stealing from all of us. This couple lived the high life but they still had to steal. It would make me even happier if they caught the rest of the thieves. Heck, maybe our taxes could stop going up.
Marcos

United States

#17 Jan 16, 2014
Ridiculous wrote:
First when Oak Forest practices innocent until proven guilty with thier kangaroo local court ill believe in innocent until proven guilty.
next, where did the $350000 come from the money tree in the park?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hillside Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Danny's Deli Closed (Apr '17) 3 hr Update 8
News Woman Charged After Allegedly Hiding Seafood in... (May '11) 3 hr dutcher72 2
News Glenbard making big progress on $100 million im... (Aug '15) 3 hr dutcher72 2
lyons, il politics (Mar '07) 6 hr Attention 10,365
New Northlake chief Nissen is hated by his offi... (Nov '16) Sat Jimmy 4
Next mayor (Jul '16) Sat Jimmy 13
bowling alley fire 1990 (Jan '07) Oct 19 kasey 18

Hillside Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Hillside Mortgages