Updated 6/12: Police chase ends with drug charges

There are 9 comments on the Marywood Herald story from Jun 14, 2008, titled Updated 6/12: Police chase ends with drug charges. In it, Marywood Herald reports that:

Hillside Police Det. Anthony Milazzo said he was patrolling the parking lot of Extended Stay America, 4575 Frontage Road in Hillside, at 11:30 a.m. when he found Potok in a car in the parking lot.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Marywood Herald.

Lauren

Naperville, IL

#1 Jul 6, 2008
Hillside Police Det. Anthony Milazzo is a cruel, abusive, corrupt police officer who is willing to lie in court to protect his job position. If protecting his job means destroying a family, in-directly killing a woman plagued with cancer, and sending an innocent American citizen to jail to cover his missconduct, he will do so without any regret. Potok had a provable reason to be parked in the lot, and was assaulted by a person with no police vehicle, no uniform, no badge, who did not introduce himself as a police officer. Potok fled because his scull was cracked by Milazzo's gun, for fidgeting while thinking he is being robbed, or kidnapped, he fled to save his life. Police brutality is in the highest rate in Chicago.
Lauren

Naperville, IL

#2 Jul 6, 2008
Potok never assaulted Milazzo, he fled for his life, being in panic, as his medical records show he is being treated for panic attacks for a few years now. No person in the right state of mind will try to hit a person who is holding a gun to him. The hand cuffs are commercially available to anyone, are sold through retailers such as Lover's Lane. The ownership of the cuffs does not mean the owner is a police man, criminals use cuffs. Potok has no history of violence, he published an anti-violence book last year, and has never applied for a FOID card. Let the records show Potok's clean criminal record and not let the criminal with a badge turn a good person into a five time felon in a matter of 30 seconds. Milazzo had no probable cause and no right to block Potok's car with his SUV, and then assault Potok for being afraid of the gun. Potok is now being treated with PTSD for what he went through. He can't sleep for ten minutes without the image of June 9th waking him up. Potok's family is suffering and we are all praying that the justice will prevail and the charges will be dropped, so Potok can continue helping his mother with medical transportation.
Lauren

Naperville, IL

#3 Jul 6, 2008
POTOK DID NOT RESIST AN ARREST BY A POLICE OFFICER, HE RESISTED DETAINMENT BY A STRANGER WITH A GUN, A STRANGER WHO CRACKED HIS SCULL FOR FIDGETING, AND CRYING, HOPING THAT SOMEONE WILL SEE AND CALL THE POLICE. POTOK DIDN'T HURT HIS ASSAILANT IN ANY WAY, HE WAS ONLY THINKING OF HOW TO GET AWAY AND SAVE HIS LIFE!!!!!!!!!! HE SURRENDERED TO A MARKED SQUAD SECONDS LATER, AND DID NOT RESIST THEM AS EVEN THE POLICE RECORD SHOWS.
Lauren

Naperville, IL

#4 Jul 6, 2008
Potok is not a criminal. He runs several website companies, has a book published that is available through any Barnes and Noble, or any web book store, he has appeared on the national television, and has an online newspaper designed to turn youth against gangs. He is a proud member of the American Civil Liberties Union, and has absolutely no history of violence.
Get a clue

Villa Park, IL

#5 Jul 23, 2008
How do you explain the fact that he had Heroine on him then?
Giddie UP

Villa Park, IL

#6 Jul 28, 2008
Lauren, looks like some legal trouble for you. You cant say things like that unless you have proof. Get the checkbook out.
I_Know_This_Dumb ass

Glen Ellyn, IL

#7 Sep 22, 2008
Potok is an idiot. Like get a clue said he had heroin on him.....he was there getting high but you say he's a good guy? Good guys don 't have to pay people to hang out with them and be their friends. Good guys dont pay 88 dollars for a 60 dollar bag of pot, and then smoke it all with the person they bought it from. Good guys dont accuse people of breaking in their houses and stealing shit from them that they probably never owned in the first place. Or possibly in an attempt to cover up the fact he pawned the items for drug money. Good guys dont have lame ass tattoos of gay wolves on their forearms(That statement right there proves I really do know this dumbass) Good guys dont wear makeup to cover their acne/herpes???(that shit on your lip got some shit on its lip!) Good guys dont help other "good guys" cash fake checks at local meijer stores and then spend the money on drugs. and good guys dont post positive messages about their selves with fake names like "lauren" who are you trying to kid here??? Good guys dont grow pot in their closets and then take it down too early because the cable man is coming to run cable through the closet in which the maijuana is being grown. Good guys dont buy 60 dollar folding pocket fishing poles off infomercials at 2 am. Good guys dont harbor whores in their houses and make them sex slaves. I mean come on now the list goes on and on here need I say more? I can if youd really like!
Get a clue

Villa Park, IL

#8 Sep 22, 2008
I_Know_This_Dumbass wrote:
Potok is an idiot. Like get a clue said he had heroin on him.....he was there getting high but you say he's a good guy? Good guys don 't have to pay people to hang out with them and be their friends. Good guys dont pay 88 dollars for a 60 dollar bag of pot, and then smoke it all with the person they bought it from. Good guys dont accuse people of breaking in their houses and stealing shit from them that they probably never owned in the first place. Or possibly in an attempt to cover up the fact he pawned the items for drug money. Good guys dont have lame ass tattoos of gay wolves on their forearms(That statement right there proves I really do know this dumbass) Good guys dont wear makeup to cover their acne/herpes???(that shit on your lip got some shit on its lip!) Good guys dont help other "good guys" cash fake checks at local meijer stores and then spend the money on drugs. and good guys dont post positive messages about their selves with fake names like "lauren" who are you trying to kid here??? Good guys dont grow pot in their closets and then take it down too early because the cable man is coming to run cable through the closet in which the maijuana is being grown. Good guys dont buy 60 dollar folding pocket fishing poles off infomercials at 2 am. Good guys dont harbor whores in their houses and make them sex slaves. I mean come on now the list goes on and on here need I say more? I can if youd really like!
Please go on this funny
Zen

Morton Grove, IL

#9 Dec 8, 2010
Yeah, but good guys like Brandon Valentine aren't subject of ongoing Police investigations for the hit and run of an elderly person, while under the influence of heroin. You think you have gotten away, but I saved your message "how do you know about this?? You don't even talk to anyone", and we'll see how you deal with that, oh, in about 2 months now.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hillside Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Ultimate Towing Ripoff Near Park Ridge (Jun '11) 35 min Chelsy 11
Emmanuel Dominguez missing?! (Nov '13) 10 hr 30 THOUSAND REWARD 1,510
RIver Grove Gangs (Oct '10) Wed that guy by himself 59
when will we get underpass (Jul '12) Wed brjz 39
15th ave adult bookstore (Oct '11) May 19 People 911
emily keseg (Sep '09) May 17 WhoAmI 72
What happened to the Hillside Shopping Center? (Mar '08) May 12 Positively Bellwwod 557
More from around the web

Hillside People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]