2 men charged in Hillside woman's slaying denied bail

Full story: Chicago Tribune

Tribune reporter Two men who allegedly strangled and dumped the body of a female acquaintance from Hillside last weekend were denied bail during a Cook County Circuit Court hearing Thursday.
Comments
21 - 38 of 38 Comments Last updated Jun 6, 2008
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Next Stop

Niles, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 9, 2008

Sick Ba****rds. Now there going to a place where the noise never stops. I can only hope there days are numbered.
In Maryland

Washington, DC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 9, 2008

Driving the victim's car. Keeping the victim's cell phone. Law enforcement's greatest asset - the general stupidity of criminals.
Sarah

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 9, 2008

It makes you wonder what kind of parents these guys had that would even consider doing something like that.

Chances are, they were abused (beaten as kids). They'll grow up to so the same to their kids & other people.

Those kind of people just keep killing each other. Then, they get insulted when we're afraid to go into their neighborhoods. Of course, they're all not like, that an awful lot are.

I also wouldn't be surprised if Jesse Jackson said they were framed.
Sarah

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 9, 2008

I meant to type - "Of course, they all aren't like that, but an awful lot are."
What

Sacramento, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 9, 2008

Bee wrote:
<quoted text>
excuse me...but you spelled appalling incorrectly.
Thank you. Please note that your sentence structure is incorrect. I'd like to ask why you would focus on how I spelled a word. Is it becasue you are living in a bubble and are not aware of what is happening in the world today? To the other posters, I apologize for my personal reply to this i___t.
hub bub

Plainfield, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 9, 2008

Bee wrote:
<quoted text>
excuse me...but you spelled appalling incorrectly.
Really?!? After reading what these creeps did, you're only response is to correct someone on their spelling? Hows this: g-e-t a l-i-f-e
Get a clue Rev

Westchester, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 9, 2008

South Side Rev wrote:
Police Brutality!! This is an outrage. I hope the cops didn't mistreat these young men who are being framed. The cops planted the belt and coerced the confession.
We demand justice!!!
You have to get a clue Rev. These two two idiots killed her in cold blood...and you scream frame up...ant excuse to blame the cops...go call Jesse or Sharpton....you Idiot
LMAO1

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 9, 2008

Get a clue Rev wrote:
<quoted text>
You have to get a clue Rev. These two two idiots killed her in cold blood...and you scream frame up...ant excuse to blame the cops...go call Jesse or Sharpton....you Idiot
The poster is being satirical -- he is racist, just like you. You should kiss and make-up.
My1NA

Palatine, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 9, 2008

he shouldn't have done it but he did...closer...2...
InZO

Palatine, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 9, 2008

They were probably high so don't pity him because I know he didn't mean to do that. I'm not trying to save him from his wrong, but execution is a bit much... 10-15 years; maybe a little more. But he shouldn't have killed that girl!
Get a clue

Westchester, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 10, 2008

InZO wrote:
They were probably high so don't pity him because I know he didn't mean to do that. I'm not trying to save him from his wrong, but execution is a bit much... 10-15 years; maybe a little more. But he shouldn't have killed that girl!
Ok how about these tow idiots kill a loved one of yours...then you would want the death penalty...These animals killed this girl over stupid stuff...They deserve to die plain and simple...She did not get the luxury of trial so they should not either
Slaughter

Dolton, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 13, 2008

zip wrote:
If it is proven they are guilty beyond a reason of a doubt. I feel they should forgo lethal injections,and hang they with a rope until their eye balls pop out. Electrocution would also be acceptable,after they spend 1 year in jail and are repeated gang raped.
Why'd your mother let you live? You sound as ugly as all...
WOW

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 16, 2008

I knew Martin was a nut case. I feel so bad for this girls mother. I hate this girl even ran into the likes of this idiot. Martin has deep ISSUES and now he is going to pay for this.Now look at them both they will spend the rest of there lives behind bars. Honestly I believe they didnt mean to kill the girl I think they wanted to scare her and prove a point. I'm not sayin what they did was right I just know this IDIOT and he is very short fused he's always been a scary S#%$ Talker and he (Martin) has alot of nerve saying they did this cause she talks too much. ALL I CAN SAY IS DONT DROP THE SOAP!!!!
cMe

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 19, 2008

A phone call to the CPD and they kill you.

Is this what it means to be an American?
cMe

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 19, 2008

Sorry, right comment wrong article.
21yrs bellwood residence

Macomb, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 22, 2008

its truly crazy to think but knowing how the law works, 10-15 years is probably all these fools will get in prison simply because they didnt put the police on a wild goose chase and confessed to the murder right away. they should be out by the time they are 30-35 and back on the same streets that they committed the crime on...it's outrageous and scary but i doubt it if they are locked up for life or giving the death penalty...
a crazy institution for the rest of their lives would also do some justice after they are released from prison of course..because all a damn fool will be crazy enough to drive the vehicle in the her neigborhood as well as program her phone saying "she gone forever" that's crazy...did they want to get caught or what? Bellwood is getting worse as the days go on. They need cops on every corner as well as cameras...its ridiculous.
WEIll

Morton Grove, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 3, 2008

South Side Rev wrote:
Police Brutality!! This is an outrage. I hope the cops didn't mistreat these young men who are being framed. The cops planted the belt and coerced the confession.
We demand justice!!!
SORRY REV CANT PUT THIS ONE ON THE POLICE I KNEW THESE TWO GUYS LIKE KNEW THEM REAL GOOD THEY STAYED FEET AWAY FROM MY HOUSE AND THESE TO GUYS MADE THIS STUPID CHOICEON THEY ON THEY CAME TO MY HOUSE IN THE GIRLS CAR THE NEXT DAY AFTER THEY KILLED HER I DIDNT KNOW AT THE TIME BUT I THOUGHT IT WAS STRANGE THEY HAD HER CAR AND SHE WASNT IN IT SO REV GET YOUR FACT TOGETHER THESE GUYS DID IT ALL U CAN DO I PRAY FOR THEM NOW
get the facts first

Elmhurst, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 6, 2008

South Side Rev wrote:
We demand justice!!!
They were dating and he used to beat her all the time. i went to school with the two guys and knew one really well. No one was framed. They've both been "off" the entire time that I've known them. And I'm not just going off what I saw in the papers or heard others say. Get your facts straight before posting on things that u have no clue about

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Hillside Discussions

Search the Hillside Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
IL Who do you support for Governor in Illinois in ... (Oct '10) 1 hr raphael 3,841
Why do Mexicans always have cockroaches? (Apr '13) 2 hr Mexican pride 13
IL Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 3 hr Terry rigsby 48,989
Fast food workers vow civil disobedience 5 hr Uh oh 22
hillside hurricanes football 5 hr johnny g 32
murder on ash street (Mar '13) 10 hr FIRESTARTER 8
Emmanuel Dominguez missing?! (Nov '13) Mon guilt 1,165
•••
•••
•••
•••

Hillside Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••