Two N.J. divers find historic Andrea ...

Two N.J. divers find historic Andrea Doria bell at famous shipwreck site

There are 1 comment on the The Jersey Journal story from Jun 28, 2010, titled Two N.J. divers find historic Andrea Doria bell at famous shipwreck site. In it, The Jersey Journal reports that:

New Jersey divers Ernest Rookey and Carl Bayer rest their hands on the the "bridge bell" they recovered from the Andrea Doria during an expedition to the wreck.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Jersey Journal.

Pierette Simpson

Farmington, MI

#1 Jun 29, 2010
I'm elated to see a significant artifact from the Andrea Doria site! Being a survivor (and author of the event), it brings me a sense of satisfaction knowing that all is not lost from the disaster.
Odd how items that were once precious for their function, are now priceless art just for their pure existence. That is the beauty of marine archealogy: an journey back in history which creates depths of appreciation for its travels through time.
Thank you for the beautiful article and video!
Pierette Domenica Simpson
www.pierettesimpson.com

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hillsborough Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Princeton Area Meetup! Thu Kris 1
News Wegmans Food Markets Thu Emelia 1
News Words you can't use at Princeton: Mankind, manp... Aug 19 JCK 1
volunteer fire fighters Aug 12 WMCA 1
News Why commuters can't take shelter at Bound Brook... Aug 5 astone007 1
News Landscaper gets prison time for hiding $500K in... Jul '16 shannon4 1
News Family of deceased inmate sues Somerset ... (Oct '08) Jun '16 Stop the ill 14

Hillsborough Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Hillsborough Mortgages