Hillsborough officials prompted to re...

Hillsborough officials prompted to reconsider housing plan

There are 2 comments on the Home News Tribune story from Aug 29, 2008, titled Hillsborough officials prompted to reconsider housing plan. In it, Home News Tribune reports that:

The Stony Brook-Millstone Watershed Association has expressed concerns about Erickson Retirement Communities' plan to build a 1,500-unit housing development at the Royce Brook Golf Course.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Home News Tribune.

Ellen Goldsmith

Belle Mead, NJ

#1 Sep 11, 2008
I am looking forward to Mr. Erickson's proposal to the Planning Board being approved. I am a senior citizen living in Hillsborough, NJ and am looking for a retirement community and Erickson sounds like the perfect place that I would want to purchase.

I have bee living in Hillsborough for almost 30 years and would not want to have to leave the area and move somewhere else to finish out my life. Erickson Senior Community to me sounds like the best place to do it.

Everyone has a dream in life and mine is to be able to buy into one of the apartments at Erickson in Hillsborough, NJ

Thank you.

Ellen Goldsmith
George

New York, NY

#2 Oct 8, 2008
Erickson may be a good company and it may be needed in the area. That is NOT THE ISSUE. The ISSUE is the LOCATION. Hillsborough in general is a rural community. Our township officials/officers have said this over and over in the past 3 years. At many of the township planning meetings they stated that we want to keep that rural feeling throughout the township.
Erickson wants to build a HIGH RISE community, 5 to 6 building 5 floors high. This would be taller than any current buildings in town and would be seen a half mile away. The people in Millstone will see them. The property values of the people living on Ann Street will drop. It would be larger than many small towns in New Jersey. Itís in an environmentally sensitive area. The amount of runoff will cause more flooding in Manville, Bound Brook and Millstone. The homes in the area have wells, they may be at risk. The traffic will cause more problems in the area, which is already having problems. The homes they need to build to cover the COHA obligation will put a heavy burden on school system, which we as tax payers must pay. Any money they give to the town will ONLY be a fare share and NOT ANYTING extra. They say they will contribute to the economy, how? They supply everything the residents need. They donít need to go out and most of the time they will not go to our local stores.
Many communities have turned them away because they had the same issues. Some of the ones that took them have had problems we donít need.
Montgomery Township, Franklin Township and East Amwell Township have a lot of open land.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hillsborough Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Changes in the air at two radio stations (Aug '06) Jul 22 COCO4U 1,035
News Trump tweets mock video of him beating CNN, spa... Jul 9 totallydisgusted 4
News Manville Zoning Board revisits cell phone towne... (Aug '10) Jun '17 Anonymous 5
Review: Total House Cleaning LLC (Jul '11) Jun '17 scott 8
News Fundraiser to benefit quadriplegic Manville man May '17 Sam 1
Looking for birth mom May '17 Angela 2
News Church vs. state: More than a battle of Christm... (Nov '16) Apr '17 Christmas Cheers 3

Hillsborough Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Hillsborough Mortgages