Investigation in train death awaiting...

Investigation in train death awaiting toxicology testresults

There are 3 comments on the Courier News story from Nov 10, 2006, titled Investigation in train death awaiting toxicology testresults. In it, Courier News reports that:

It remained unclear Friday whether deputy attorney general Paul R. Kenny took his own life when he stepped in front of an oncoming train early Thursday morning at the Bridgewater train station, Somerset County ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Courier News.

Friend of Paul

Trenton, NJ

#1 Nov 13, 2006
If you were on the train platform on Thursday, please please please post your observations of that dreadful morning. Think very carefully about what you saw -- were you really watching? Or did you just see Paul out of the corner of your eye or after he already was struck by the train? Can you be sure that he did not trip or fall? Get dizzy and collapse? Paul was a wonderful man, full of conviction, positive energy, compassion, dignity, verve, confidence, and life. It simply is inconceivable that he would take his own life.
Veteran view

Little Falls, NJ

#2 Nov 9, 2012
I was not there, but the male experience of depression in society is drastically different than women’s. Men are conditioned as young boys to never show weakness. It is not surprising that men will cover their emotions. Not to be overly clinical, but what I find most notable is the manner of his death. Although suicide is also seen as weakness in our culture, men (such as veterans) choose the more “masculine” method, since it falls more consistently within the social moray of the male experience. This means that a more brutal method can be subconsciously used to mask the assumption of weakness built into our culture regarding male suicide. For example, many male veterans commit suicide by head gunshot, while women will try to be as “clean” as possible, like taking pills.
I’m sorry for your traumatic loss. If it’s any condolence, I think he would want you to move forward.
Veteran view

Little Falls, NJ

#3 Nov 9, 2012
We may never know of sure. Often these things are cultural and organic based. The spouse must not blame herself. Society must change it’s attitudes toward accepting the male experience of vulnerability. Best to remember him in life.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hillsborough Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News BETHLEHEM TOWNSHIP New Jersey TWO MEN CHARGED W... (Oct '07) Mon NJ4Life 17
Tanya barnowski May 29 Gin36 1
News Pi, Pie or both? The choice is yours this Pi Day May 21 Dan B 17
carrier clinic belle meade nj (Jan '09) May 4 Anne G 94
What are you hells angel supporters supporting ? (Aug '09) Apr '15 braap 34
Review: Grooming Rigg Apr '15 Misty 1
NJGal30 Apr '15 NJGal30 1
More from around the web

Hillsborough People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]