Golly G loses a diamond

Posted in the Hillsboro Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
out of the loop

Altavista, VA

#1 Jan 18, 2013
anyone hear if Kmiec or anyone else will lose his job over the G being downgraded to a 4 Diamond hotel??
Old Gaurd

United States

#2 Jan 18, 2013
This is what happens to any establishment that terminates those employees that have been the real backbone of that organization. The man or women at the top needs to be a seasoned hotelier with a background in management of a resort like the Broadmoor. We do not need a salesman running the resort. How long and how much more do we have to lose before the owner realizes he has the wrong person driving the train. I think we have had the 5 Diamonds for over 60 years. OMG what a shame! What will be next?
Outlaw

Washington, DC

#3 Jan 18, 2013
But we have a bullshit golf tournament. Lol . This guy is a joke when he made that smartass comment at the concert about there would be no power if it wasn't for the tour or the Greenbrier. I would have love to have got my hands on his fat ass. He acts like he is the saving grace of the Greenbrier and wss but all he has done is make it a slow painful death for the local people. He is no different than our government its all about money to hell with the middle-class. We as the working class should lay down and give all the jobs to the illegals and see how our government survives when they send almost all there tax free money back home.
out of the loop

Altavista, VA

#4 Jan 18, 2013
Old Gaurd wrote:
This is what happens to any establishment that terminates those employees that have been the real backbone of that organization. The man or women at the top needs to be a seasoned hotelier with a background in management of a resort like the Broadmoor. We do not need a salesman running the resort. How long and how much more do we have to lose before the owner realizes he has the wrong person driving the train. I think we have had the 5 Diamonds for over 60 years. OMG what a shame! What will be next?
JJ has no idea what a mess he has made of an establishment where my family has worked since the 1920's. It is so depressing to see the people who have worked there butts off have been downgraded or let go - it will be interesting to see what happens when union negotiations start - I used to think that it would be good to get them out, but am having second thoughts about it - of course, as long as he has his illegals or internationals, who are willing to work less hours and don't get benefits - I shudder to think about what will happen.
Old Gaurd

United States

#5 Jan 18, 2013
out of the loop wrote:
<quoted text>
JJ has no idea what a mess he has made of an establishment where my family has worked since the 1920's. It is so depressing to see the people who have worked there butts off have been downgraded or let go - it will be interesting to see what happens when union negotiations start - I used to think that it would be good to get them out, but am having second thoughts about it - of course, as long as he has his illegals or internationals, who are willing to work less hours and don't get benefits - I shudder to think about what will happen.
Those are the generations that put the resort on the map. These were the real builders generation after generation.People make a business regardless what management wants you to think.

Since: Mar 11

Location hidden

#6 Jan 18, 2013
out of the loop wrote:
<quoted text>
sad part is the internationals make more than the full time people
out of the loop

Altavista, VA

#7 Jan 19, 2013
well I see that Kmiec is using the same old excuse that Ted Kleisner used for losing the 5th Star "our bathrooms are too small" - can't they tell the truth for once? best thing that could happen would be for JJ to finally see the light and get rid of Kmiec. but he will never get rid of the internationsls cause that is what he uses in his corn fields -
Saddened

Elizabeth, WV

#8 Jan 19, 2013
out of the loop wrote:
well I see that Kmiec is using the same old excuse that Ted Kleisner used for losing the 5th Star "our bathrooms are too small" - can't they tell the truth for once? best thing that could happen would be for JJ to finally see the light and get rid of Kmiec. but he will never get rid of the internationsls cause that is what he uses in his corn fields -
I agree that Kmeic should go, and while hes going he should take Mr. Mickey with him!
Steve

Peterstown, WV

#9 Jan 20, 2013
The biggest problem is Justice himself. He needs to put a top notch resort manager in charge and then let him do his job w/o interference. If Ratchford had been left in charge we'd be a going business w/o having driven away the old clientelle.
whosoever

Princeton, WV

#10 Jan 20, 2013
Steve wrote:
The biggest problem is Justice himself. He needs to put a top notch resort manager in charge and then let him do his job w/o interference. If Ratchford had been left in charge we'd be a going business w/o having driven away the old clientelle.
OMG Ratchford was crazy. Literally crazy. Has anyone read the report which took away the diamond ? I doubt it. Until you do, it would be unwise to act as if you know. Most employees and management I know work really hard, the managers 10 to 12 hours a day. I think it is you people who are obviously uneducated and just plain stupid who keep writing BS like this. If you were at the concert, where did you get your ticket? Who do you think paid for the concert ?
Steve

Peterstown, WV

#11 Jan 20, 2013
What did Ratchford do that was crazy? Most employees thought a lot of him and what he was doing.
used to know

Altavista, VA

#12 Jan 20, 2013
at one time I use to analyze shoppers reports and inspections and believe me - small bathrooms were not a problem - Paul Ratchford (was an outstanding, caring person) who was blindsided by CSX - he was an outstanding man and it is a shame he was "railroaded" - sorry for the pun - but he was
Steve

Peterstown, WV

#13 Jan 20, 2013
Used to know - the way you describe Ratchford is how everyone on staff and in the community that I have talked to felt about Ratchford. He was doing what needed to be done and doing it in an impartial and equitable way. Whosoever's comments really caught me by surprise and I'm glad to see someone else post comments that express what I had come to believe was almost unanimous approval of Ratchford and what he was doing.
used to know

Altavista, VA

#14 Jan 21, 2013
just telling it like it is - (:o)
its sad

Charleston, WV

#15 Jan 21, 2013
It would be nice if the people that comment on knew the truth the International people working are interns that work for school credit and little pay I dont see any chefs coming out of wss the Spanish workers are here because 99% of wv cant pass a drug test I wish he would shut the doors so all you people that do work there would lose your job and move the hell out of here if you would take a minute and be thankful for a job and just be happy with it the hotel would get better my family has worked at the hotel forever and they are thankful its people like you that want want want are hurting the hotel if you dont like it leave but thats right you dont know anything but the hotel so why dint you enjoy your job while you have it
OMFG

United States

#16 Jan 22, 2013
Look at the rules..the dictates by OUR government on the "Internationals" .. as far as the pay and "benefits", it will open your eyes to not only the reality of this, but the future of your country. There were MANY MANY people who worked for the hotel for years...many years, and got the shaft. People who cared. You obviously have not been here when there was 5 Star, and 5 Diamond service. Great service, guests who REQUEST servers, great entertainment for the dining room, Sneeds, and the lobby. Those were the days they got their fame. Face it, it all sucks now!
whosoever

Princeton, WV

#17 Jan 22, 2013
OMFG wrote:
Look at the rules..the dictates by OUR government on the "Internationals" .. as far as the pay and "benefits", it will open your eyes to not only the reality of this, but the future of your country. There were MANY MANY people who worked for the hotel for years...many years, and got the shaft. People who cared. You obviously have not been here when there was 5 Star, and 5 Diamond service. Great service, guests who REQUEST servers, great entertainment for the dining room, Sneeds, and the lobby. Those were the days they got their fame. Face it, it all sucks now!
Yes , at one time it was a great institution and making money. Why do you think CSX filed Bankruptcy? Duh ! It was losing millions of dollars a year. And yes, Ratchford was crazy and was not making intelligent decisions. He was kind enough to everyone but does that make him a good manager. I guess that is all you care about someone who kisses your ass ?
Steve

Peterstown, WV

#18 Jan 22, 2013
What did Ratchford do that was crazy??

Bethesda, MD

#19 Jan 22, 2013
used to know wrote:
at one time I use to analyze shoppers reports and inspections and believe me - small bathrooms were not a problem - Paul Ratchford (was an outstanding, caring person) who was blindsided by CSX - he was an outstanding man and it is a shame he was "railroaded" - sorry for the pun - but he was
What were the underlying problems when you use to review the reports? I have always heard that room size and the bathrooms in the older part of the hotel were the issue.
local gal

United States

#20 Jan 23, 2013
losing the diamond is a big deal! what is going on up there? i used to work there a few years ago but i left because i got tired of never getting any hours so i moved on to another job.
still, i want the hotel to do well because it's important to our area!
for those who work there now, why do you think the diamond was lost? and will it ever gain it again or is it on the slow road to going down down down?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hillsboro Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Richwood laughing stock of WV 3 hr Bob 13
Chickrn 7 hr Go team 1
drauma 7 hr Go team 1
Richwood is Broke Period 9 hr Norvel 3
Richwood Drug Capital Of Nicholas County 9 hr Norvel 7
band director 10 hr Who 8
Any swingers Mon Dom 1

Hillsboro Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance