Dead horses and sick dogs in Highland...

Dead horses and sick dogs in Highland County

Posted in the Hillsboro Forum

Concerned

United States

#1 Apr 19, 2007
I discovered a gruesome sight when I went to a property on Skeen Road just outside Hillsboro. This property was listed on Sheriff's Sale and is a $300,000 PLUS property. The residence is occupied by a female with two children. Scattered throughout the property were the remains of 7 dead horses and 7-8 sick dogs who had been eating the horse remains. I have contacted the Sheriff, Dog Warden, Humane Society, local paper and all the Cincinnati news channels. The only response was from the Humane Society and they said they have never seen such a gruesome sight. There is no telling what kinds of diseases these dogs are carrying as the run loose and what types of diseases are prevalent throughout all this decay. Furthermore, this woman not only neglected her animals, but allowed her two children to observe this nightmare! If anyone can help make this property owner responsible, the property is located at 5671 Skeen Road, just off SR 506. Thanks.

“LIFE ISN'T FAIR LIVE IT ANYWAY”

Since: May 07

HILLSBORO, OH

#2 Aug 28, 2007
Concerned wrote:
I discovered a gruesome sight when I went to a property on Skeen Road just outside Hillsboro. This property was listed on Sheriff's Sale and is a $300,000 PLUS property. The residence is occupied by a female with two children. Scattered throughout the property were the remains of 7 dead horses and 7-8 sick dogs who had been eating the horse remains. I have contacted the Sheriff, Dog Warden, Humane Society, local paper and Cincinnati news channels. The only response was from the Humane Society and they said they have never seen such a gruesome sight. There is no telling what kinds of diseases these dogs are carrying as the run loose and what types of diseases are prevalent throughout all this decay. Furthermore, this woman not only neglected her animals, but allowed her two children to observe this nightmare! If anyone can help make this property owner responsible, the property is located at 5671 Skeen Road, just off SR 506. Thanks.
This doesnt surprise me. I reported two dogs starving to death next door to me and even e-mailed pics to the newspaper when nothing was done about it. The dogs were so hungry that they ate my basset hound pup that got to close to them. Nothing was done, I was told by the dog warden that she would have to go in and "dognap" the dogs because it was almost impossible to get a judges order for removal. The animals died on the chain. Maybe we should try 20/20 or Dateline what do you think??
bill smith

Cincinnati, OH

#3 Sep 10, 2007
the sheriff do`nt care no skin off of his ass my son was kill 4 years ago not a dam thing done about . the sherff can drive drunk on the roads but we can not the people got in office but the voter will not get him out .
response to concerned

United States

#4 Oct 9, 2007
It was withdrawn from the Sheriff's sale on the 29th of Sept. 2007
I'm not sure of the reason but dead animals would not make it prime real estate?
Tina

United States

#5 Sep 25, 2010
I live in brown county on a small farm with almost 7 acres and 3 is fencened in. If I can help in any way please let me know. I was a volunteer for the human society years ago and also worked for Colonial Animal Clinic before moving...
Johny

Middletown, OH

#6 Sep 29, 2011
Ed tipton just dumps his dead horses where ever when they die so it was prolly his sorry coke head ass!!!
Really

Cincinnati, OH

#7 Sep 29, 2011
Come on Johnny! I know Ed Tipton and first off I know he is not a coke head! Next thing is that he cares about his horses! I am not sure as to why you are so bitter toward this man, but slander is not a way to go about YOUR issues!
Friend

Taylor, MI

#8 Mar 22, 2015
Johny wrote:
Ed tipton just dumps his dead horses where ever when they die so it was prolly his sorry coke head ass!!!
Hey who ever woke this is this true or are you a drama piece of shit eds a nice guy and his family

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hillsboro Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Is it true Bree Morgan got caught with meth and... 2 hr Katrina 8
Kayla Ison 12 hr The truth 3
Wondering if there are any atheist-agnostics in... (Dec '12) 12 hr Godless Liberal 8
Old Skating Rink 20 hr City Chick 1
karie price Thu Lil baddie 2
dirt on Judge Mckenna (Apr '10) Thu Pfft 61
A girl I know. Wed In the past 17

Hillsboro Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Hillsboro Mortgages