Christ Belongs In Christmas

Christ Belongs In Christmas

Posted in the Hillsboro Forum

George Vreeland Hill

Weare, NH

#1 Dec 6, 2006
How can any person be offended by a Bible reading during a Christmas celebration?
After all, the name of Christ is in Christmas, and people celebrate this holiday because it means the birth of Christ!
If you sponsor an event and call it a Christmas celebration, then let the doors of the churches be open if they want to be open.
Have a Christmas Bible reading in a church, because it is a celebration of Christmas.
If someone is offended by it, then that person does not have to go in and hear it.
If people are offended by the name of Christ, or don't think his name belongs in a town celebration, then they can stay away from it.
They will also have to stay away from the malls, stores, main streets, any street for fear of seeing a lit Christmas tree in a window, and most other places, because Christmas is celebrated in this free to celebrate country of ours!
I myself, enjoy it all, as I enjoy seeing my Jewish friends celebrate Hanukkah as well.
This is a great time of year.
If some people are offended by the holiday spirit, then I hope they are visited by Scrooge's three ghosts.

George Vreeland Hill

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hillsboro Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
BLACK MOON "Twins"cakes (Nov '07) Aug 10 lagigolfer 125
Monadnock Paper Mills hires known drug addicts (Jan '14) Jun '17 Markey Fife 2
Burning Rubber on RT 114 in front of Cold Sprin... Apr '17 jjmrx8 1
Diamond Acres (Aug '08) Feb '17 OldOwnerSon 14
News Henniker, Weare welcome exchange teacher from C... (Aug '13) Dec '16 jeamlee 2
News Nashua's Sheehan picks up firefighter endorseme... (Aug '14) Dec '16 jeamlee 5
Skora adultery (Aug '15) Aug '15 NathantoDavid 1

Hillsboro Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Hillsboro Mortgages