Hillsboro Taco Bell
Resident

United States

#1 Oct 7, 2010
Let me start by stating that I would love to have a Taco Bell, or any other new business, in the City of Hillsboro. However, with all of this facebook, and channel 5 news hype, let's think of a few things.

(1) Jeannie is doing a good job at spreading the word. However, she stands to lose a commission if this doesn't go through. This would probably explain the "motivation".

(2) The lot is horrible....it's small, will require a great deal of retaining walls, and will not have the best accessibility. It should try to get an outlot in the new Grewe development along new 21.

(3) When they were filming Jeannie with her signs, she was in FESTUS, buying from a sign company, and I can almost guarantee, she did not have Corp. permission to copy their logo for a sign. Taco Bell and others, get a little defensive about this.

Either way, I hope Taco Bell comes to town, but in a better location.
Another Resident

United States

#2 Oct 7, 2010
Now that it's out there, I am curious to know if the proposed owner of the new Taco Bell has even been told of the development on new highway 21. You never know, but the issue just may be the lot size and where it's located, not the fact that it's in Hillsboro.

Does anyone know the answer or have any knowledge?
LMAO

Saint Louis, MO

#3 Oct 8, 2010
DeSoto supposedly has a Taco Bell going forward
Whoohooo

High Ridge, MO

#4 Oct 8, 2010
LMAO wrote:
I soooooooooo hope thats true!!
Hillsboroian

Hazelwood, MO

#5 Oct 8, 2010
Taco Bell is big news, but there's event BIGGER news coming to Hillsboro. Can you say another Gravois Bluffs. See here:

http://www.gjgrewe.com/docs/hillsboromoBrochu...
Well

High Ridge, MO

#6 Oct 8, 2010
Hillsboroian wrote:
Taco Bell is big news, but there's event BIGGER news coming to Hillsboro. Can you say another Gravois Bluffs. See here:
http://www.gjgrewe.com/docs/hillsboromoBrochu...
I'd rather see it closer to DeSoto, but Hillsboro is better than Fenton, thats for sure!
Yo Quiero Taco Bell

Saint Louis, MO

#7 Oct 8, 2010
The Jeff Co Sheriffs can sit on HWY 21 and arrest all the drunks trying to get from De Soto to Hillsboro's Taco Bell at 2 a.m. It might be a win, win situation.
Yo Quiero Taco Bell

Saint Louis, MO

#8 Oct 8, 2010
LMAO wrote:
They won't put two Taco Bells that close together, not high enough population...
Just me

Florissant, MO

#9 Oct 9, 2010
The individual who is wanting to put the Taco Bell in Hillsboro has probably done his homework. I have talked to the owner of McDonalds here in town. He owns around 10 of them in the area. The Hillsboro McDonalds is by far the busiest that they own (that includes the one in De Soto and also one in St. Louis County). The college kids will keep it busy, along with the employees from the county and state buildings here in town. The Taco Bell would not have any problem here in Hillsboro.
Just my opinion

Saint Louis, MO

#10 Oct 9, 2010
Just me wrote:
The individual who is wanting to put the Taco Bell in Hillsboro has probably done his homework. I have talked to the owner of McDonalds here in town. He owns around 10 of them in the area. The Hillsboro McDonalds is by far the busiest that they own (that includes the one in De Soto and also one in St. Louis County). The college kids will keep it busy, along with the employees from the county and state buildings here in town. The Taco Bell would not have any problem here in Hillsboro.
I agree that a Taco Bell near Jefferson college is a good idea, BUT many of those kids and families in Hillsboro and surrounding areas frequent Wal-Mart. In my opinion, the best location for Taco Bell would be near De Soto Wal-Mart, maybe that vacant lot beside those apartments.?
undecided

Fenton, MO

#11 Oct 14, 2010
forget taco bell, hell go to festus...How about a STARBUCKS for gods sake...who wants to drive to fenton or tesson ferry to get one?? hell not me...now thats an idea...Hillsboro..Where's your Class???
taco luvr

United States

#12 Dec 20, 2010
What the status of this
interesting

West Hamlin, WV

#13 Feb 19, 2011
Sounds good to me
Dizturbed

Addison, IL

#14 Nov 24, 2011
Construction of the Taco Bell in Hillsboro, MO is in progress. Its location is right by McDonalds.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hillsboro Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
wondering if there are ladies available in De S... Fri Doctor Taco 7
What can you tell me May 16 Wondering 1
Hello May 14 You Too 2
KAB Homes (Jefferson County, Mo) (Feb '07) May 12 bblauman 52
Lake Of Fire ( WARNING) (Apr '16) May 10 Askivy 8
Hillsboro school (Nov '17) Apr 30 guest 8
Amy Stockbarger Mar '18 me 3

Hillsboro Jobs

Personal Finance

Hillsboro Mortgages