|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 11, 2012

former basketball parent wrote:
<quoted text>
Bob, I have heard the same thing!!! I was even told that one of the coaches that coached with Davis wasn't even given the opportunity!!!!
I'm just saying from my personal experience with Thompson, he cannot be trusted!!!! It was obvious he was or is out to ruin the basketball program.
I'm not totally convinced Thompson supports his own football program. Maybe he had an emergency that morning or something, but I will say he did not show up at the alumni football game this year until halftime. And he looked like he had just rolled out of bed. If he did not have a valid excuse, I feel it's disrespectful to former players and even the families that showed up on a cold and windy day to support "his" football program.

Columbia, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 11, 2012

Coach Thompson was there 2 hrs prior to game time and helped hand out equipment for the alumni game. He was late getting down to the field because he was helping wrestlers move mats back into the gym. No question about his commitment to DeSoto athletics and activities.
former basketball parent

Saint Louis, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 11, 2012

guest wrote:
Coach Thompson was there 2 hrs prior to game time and helped hand out equipment for the alumni game. He was late getting down to the field because he was helping wrestlers move mats back into the gym. No question about his commitment to DeSoto athletics and activities.
Well I have lots of questions about his commitment!!! I personally had to deal with him. My son who played hard for him and was a very good player and was being recruited by few small colleges, Thompson didn't help out at all with that, not like he did for some. I had to do all the work and get then films together. Thompson helped another player. I still believe that Thompson wants to ruin the basketball program and is doing his best to do so. I also had a son that played b ball that Thompson tried his hardest to get to play football and not b ball. Calls to our home, stops in the hall!!! This is 100% the truth!!!!

This is just my opinion and by know means does anyone have to feel the way I do.
The Truth

Saint Louis, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 11, 2012

I wont justify comments made about Coach Davis I'll let his record speak for itself. Anybody that truely knows Coach know what a great person he is. When you strip away all the BS, the problem with Desoto School District is the outsiders that were brought in as administrators that are running this district,sports programs,education of students, and school pride in the ground. Thompson and Hoehn are at the top of that list. Neither care about this district or the comunity, all they want is their big paychecks they get from our tax dollars. They have hired all their buds that couldn't make in other districts. The "click" that was talked about is alive and well at Desoto. Football coach's whth cushy jobs while others work their ass off. Thompson has personally run every sports program in the ground including his own. Three wins. Good job, but know one questions him. This new basketball coach must be in way over his head, but that's were Thompson want him. My advice fire all and start over. I've said my peace. The Truth will set you free.
agree

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 11, 2012

The Truth wrote:
I wont justify comments made about Coach Davis I'll let his record speak for itself. Anybody that truely knows Coach know what a great person he is. When you strip away all the BS, the problem with Desoto School District is the outsiders that were brought in as administrators that are running this district,sports programs,education of students, and school pride in the ground. Thompson and Hoehn are at the top of that list. Neither care about this district or the comunity, all they want is their big paychecks they get from our tax dollars. They have hired all their buds that couldn't make in other districts. The "click" that was talked about is alive and well at Desoto. Football coach's whth cushy jobs while others work their ass off. Thompson has personally run every sports program in the ground including his own. Three wins. Good job, but know one questions him. This new basketball coach must be in way over his head, but that's were Thompson want him. My advice fire all and start over. I've said my peace. The Truth will set you free.
Very well said!

Saint Louis, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 11, 2012

Hmmmm...every program run into the ground huh? Lets think about this. In Coach Thompson's tenure, there was the first ever football district title, softball goes to the state quarterfinals, baseball goes to state, basketball district titles, wrestlers going to state every year, dance team placing in state competitions, band placing in state competitions, several players competing at the collegiate level...sounds like the place is falling apart. Coach Jennewein is a good man and good coach. Kind of tough to be 4-1 already and the kids not know what they're doing. As for Coach Davis, you'd be hard pressed to find any of his former players who still wouldn't run through a wall for him. If parents want to point the finger at anybody, start with the person in the mirror.
guest1

Chesterfield, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 12, 2012

It's hard for the kids as well as the new coach in all of this. Both parties are adjusting to change but I would agree that Coach Jennewein does need to improve his way of coaching if he is going to succeed. Coach Davis was with the district for so long that in all reality that is what we are all used to. Give the new coach a chance, give him time to prove himself. I don't agree with some of Coach Jennewein's decisions but you have to remember that him as well as the team are under a microscope because of Davis leaving. I'm sure all parties are under a lot of stress because they all want to impress. As for Thompson, don't even get me started! He basically treated my kid like crap after he wouldn't play football for him. I wanted to confront Thompson but for the sake of my child I chose not to. My child handled the situation very well on his own but I still do not believe that Thompson had any right to treat him as well as other kids the way he did just because they didn't want to play football for him.
Former Player

Washington, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 12, 2012

As a former player for Coach Davis I don't see how anyone could bash him. I wasn't a star and graduated almost a decade ago but I would still do anything for him. He is a great man and a great coach and if you don't know that than you don't know him. You just know false rumors that people spread or your precious baby didn't get enough playing time because he didn't work hard enough. Funny how none of the haters mention that he never cut people from his teams.
former basketball parent

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 12, 2012

Former Player wrote:
As a former player for Coach Davis I don't see how anyone could bash him. I wasn't a star and graduated almost a decade ago but I would still do anything for him. He is a great man and a great coach and if you don't know that than you don't know him. You just know false rumors that people spread or your precious baby didn't get enough playing time because he didn't work hard enough. Funny how none of the haters mention that he never cut people from his teams.
I agree with you! Coach Davis is not only a great coach, but a great person!
Another former player

Fenton, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 12, 2012

The reason coach never cut anyone is because he needed them to work on the farm. I know because I worked on the farm.
The Truth

Saint Louis, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 12, 2012

guest wrote:
Hmmmm...every program run into the ground huh? Lets think about this. In Coach Thompson's tenure, there was the first ever football district title, softball goes to the state quarterfinals, baseball goes to state, basketball district titles, wrestlers going to state every year, dance team placing in state competitions, band placing in state competitions, several players competing at the collegiate level...sounds like the place is falling apart. Coach Jennewein is a good man and good coach. Kind of tough to be 4-1 already and the kids not know what they're doing. As for Coach Davis, you'd be hard pressed to find any of his former players who still wouldn't run through a wall for him. If parents want to point the finger at anybody, start with the person in the mirror.
What planet are you from, or maybe your one of Thompson's boys. That so called football district title is a joke. The only reason they recieved it was the change in the format to let two teams in and Desoto came in second then got killed their next game. Last years district title in boys basketball was when Coach Davis was coaching and he won many before Thompson showed up at Desoto. Let's talk about what we have right now under AD Thompson. A volleball coach that's over head, baseball coach that's over his head, girls basketball coach that's over her head, and now a boys basketball coachthat's over his head. Not to mention a football program that Thompson has had now for how many years go look up to find out what his overall record is. How many teams has he beat with a winning record (not many). But he will still be making the big payday and all his buddy football coach's will still be doing nothing on or off the field except have thier nose up Thompson's ass so they can act like their somebody. But I have a feeling a day of reckoning is coming and we can send all the Desoto outsiders back were they came from. And while were at it lets put some of the Board of Education out to pasture, starting with the one who got us in the situation we are in now Dr.J. Freeman. He's the one that brought all these outsiders in. Enough said. The Truth will set you Free.
former basketball parent

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 13, 2012

The Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
What planet are you from, or maybe your one of Thompson's boys. That so called football district title is a joke. The only reason they recieved it was the change in the format to let two teams in and Desoto came in second then got killed their next game. Last years district title in boys basketball was when Coach Davis was coaching and he won many before Thompson showed up at Desoto. Let's talk about what we have right now under AD Thompson. A volleball coach that's over head, baseball coach that's over his head, girls basketball coach that's over her head, and now a boys basketball coachthat's over his head. Not to mention a football program that Thompson has had now for how many years go look up to find out what his overall record is. How many teams has he beat with a winning record (not many). But he will still be making the big payday and all his buddy football coach's will still be doing nothing on or off the field except have thier nose up Thompson's ass so they can act like their somebody. But I have a feeling a day of reckoning is coming and we can send all the Desoto outsiders back were they came from. And while were at it lets put some of the Board of Education out to pasture, starting with the one who got us in the situation we are in now Dr.J. Freeman. He's the one that brought all these outsiders in. Enough said. The Truth will set you Free.
Hey I am not a Thompson supporter at all, but just want to say that first District Title in football..... That was my son's senior year and they won all 3 district games, they came in 1st not second. He was class if 2011, so it was the 2010 season. It was the first year they changed districts, so they didn't play Festus.......

Jackson, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 13, 2012

This post proves my theory! The schools emphasis is on sports and not education!
former basketball parent

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 13, 2012

guest wrote:
This post proves my theory! The schools emphasis is on sports and not education!
Well the name of this thread is DeSoto Basketball!!! So there will be talk about sports!!! No one stated sports were more important then an education, that is an entirely different conversation.

Jackson, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 13, 2012

Judged:

former basketball parent wrote:
<quoted text>
Well the name of this thread is DeSoto Basketball!!! So there will be talk about sports!!! No one stated sports were more important then an education, that is an entirely different conversation.
O but it is! Sports are the #1 concern at desoto hs and many other school districts! How much money was spent on the new football field vs. how much was spent on new books and other learning materials???

Columbia, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 13, 2012

guest wrote:
<quoted text>O but it is! Sports are the #1 concern at desoto hs and many other school districts! How much money was spent on the new football field vs. how much was spent on new books and other learning materials???
Actually in the long run the district is going to save money switching to field turf rather than natural grass, plus that field and track were LONG over due for an upgrade.... And don't act like the school doesn't make improvements to the school besides the sports team... the elementary schools are constantly being added too, the high school opened up a whole new wing of classrooms for fine arts, math, business etc as well as a whole new music wing "the mel bays music center" which was added a few years ago too... there are constant updates to the computers and smartboards/parmethian boards... Anyone that knows anything about education knows that books are going to be obsolete soon anyway so basicall you must be a senior citizen tax payer that has nothing to do but bitch or someone that doesn't know their a$$ from a hole in the ground... Your post doesn't hold water...
DHS parent

Columbia, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 13, 2012

guest wrote:
<quoted text>O but it is! Sports are the #1 concern at desoto hs and many other school districts! How much money was spent on the new football field vs. how much was spent on new books and other learning materials???
I heard that the district was looking into building an auditorium big enough to hold the junior high and high school in it as well as plays, concerts, musicals, assemblys, band competitions, etc. Constant upgrades to the facilities... Upgrades that like the above poster put are long over due because the jerryatric tax voters of De Soto constantly voted down until a tornado (or straight line winds as the national weather service called it) left the district with no choice... I'm one parent that is proud of the school district and the direction it is heading! Is there room for improvement? SURE! but I think everyone has room for improvement in their lives, including the high and mighty posters on this website.

Jackson, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 14, 2012

HAHAHAHHA Delusional fools, aren't you?
football parent

Saint Louis, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 15, 2012

My son played football for DeSoto since the 8th grade and learned a lot from Coach Thompson and all the other coaches. To degrade and belittle a coach for teaching and instilling values in them is absurd. My son also excelled in Choir, drama, and academics and received many scholarships for these activities. He chose to go in the military and told us had it not been for the coaching staff at DeSoto he doesn't think he would have made it through. They taught him to work hard and even when you are losing keep going. When I go to the high school for any type of functions Coach Thompson always inquires about him. The coaching staff from all sports do their best to teach our children to be better on and off the field. Get a life, quit bashing the staff because you feel inadequate.
Another DeSoto Parent

Fenton, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 15, 2012

I agree with "footbal parent". Give Thompson a chance. Come on folks Davis is gone and lets move on with Coach Thompson. Thompson will prove he is twice the caring coach that Davis thought he was.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 41 - 60 of64
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Hillsboro Discussions

Search the Hillsboro Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
MO Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Missouri ... (Oct '10) 15 min Speaking of Nuts 94,981
MO Missouri Proposition B: The Puppy Mill Bill (Oct '10) Mon CLUE 6,893
Sports Jul 7 guest 66
Our superintendent Jul 7 Parent 21
MO Who do you support for Auditor in Missouri in 2... (Oct '10) Jul 7 dasie 264
Meth Lab Smell (Oct '11) Jul 3 Nighthawk 17
please help ......ameren ue questions Jul 3 consumer 2
•••

Flood Warning for Jefferson County was issued at July 09 at 10:19PM CDT

•••
•••
•••
Hillsboro Dating