Dad

United States

#1 Jul 29, 2012
I've been paying Child support for over 20 years. I got behind at one point maybe 15 years ago, but I caught up and have been current for years. Maybe a week late once in a while. For the most part on time. I always have a court date every month. My kid has graduated highschool and she is going to college. Her mother would never give me a copy of her enrollment or grades. I've learned that she failed the last couple of years and I stopped the payments. I'm going to try and get the payments back since It's a requirement for the child to pass the college coarses and provide me with proof. Has anyone else ever had this problem? I wonder if the courts will make the mother pay me that back, or the state will pay me <since I have to pay it to the state>, or if I'll have to hire an attorney? Anyone every had this problem, and is there a good family lawyer around Hillsboro that can help me? Thanks, Dad

Union, MO

#2 Jul 29, 2012
Good Luck! They will try to beat you down at every turn. The state employees are some of the most biased, lazy. pieces of shit on the planet! Being a guy, regardless of how you have kept your support up, you are guilty of something in their eyes and will stonewall you in every way!
Dad

United States

#3 Jul 29, 2012
guest wrote:
Good Luck! They will try to beat you down at every turn. The state employees are some of the most biased, lazy. pieces of shit on the planet! Being a guy, regardless of how you have kept your support up, you are guilty of something in their eyes and will stonewall you in every way!
Thats been the situation so far! I was just hoping that I might get a break and this thing be black and white without too much hassle and expense.

Saint Louis, MO

#4 Jul 29, 2012
Dad wrote:
<quoted text>Thats been the situation so far! I was just hoping that I might get a break and this thing be black and white without too much hassle and expense.
Sorry to be a bearer of bad news but that's just what they plan on laying on you, hassle and expense!

Saint Louis, MO

#5 Jul 29, 2012
Try going it alone at first, make sure you get names of every ass you deal with, document ,document, document!! When you have them by the short hairs and they are giving you the run around contact your state representative and don't let up!! MAKE SURE YOU HAVE NAMES!!!! Phone numbers,job titles and office they are working out of , they try to be as clandestine as they can possibly be also! I went round and round with them on a situation were I was 100% in the right and won out in the end, but it is their mission to screw you over!
Dad

United States

#6 Jul 30, 2012
guest wrote:
Try going it alone at first, make sure you get names of every ass you deal with, document ,document, document!! When you have them by the short hairs and they are giving you the run around contact your state representative and don't let up!! MAKE SURE YOU HAVE NAMES!!!! Phone numbers,job titles and office they are working out of , they try to be as clandestine as they can possibly be also! I went round and round with them on a situation were I was 100% in the right and won out in the end, but it is their mission to screw you over!
Thanks for taking the time to respond and I'll try that!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hillsboro Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
DeSoto child molester Oct 17 Cander 2
News Amanda Jones: Missing From Hillsboro For 5 Years (Aug '10) Oct 16 Chas 16
KAB Homes (Jefferson County, Mo) (Feb '07) Oct 15 MrZ 51
Amy barton (Jul '15) Oct 10 desoto person 15
footloose Oct 8 big dick 1
Recommendations for services around Dittmer? Oct 7 Newbie 1
Joel works for UP Oct 4 Noneya 1

Hillsboro Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance