Former property manager sentenced for...

Former property manager sentenced for defrauding client | The Columbus Dispatch

There are 82 comments on the Columbus Dispatch story from Dec 28, 2010, titled Former property manager sentenced for defrauding client | The Columbus Dispatch. In it, Columbus Dispatch reports that:

David R. Rhodehamel is a trustworthy friend and a good family man, his supporters wrote in letters to a Franklin County Common Pleas judge.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Columbus Dispatch.

hudson ohio

Dublin, OH

#66 Dec 31, 2010
Doug wrote:
Hummmmmmmm, a shady lawyer? Just can't be true,can it??
Doug, I noticed you are from hudson, ohio isn't dave from hudson?
I am curious what everyone up there is saying?
jbook

Columbus, OH

#67 Jan 1, 2011
liarliar wrote:
<quoted text>
Doing very well. Maybe.
You didn't do a heck of a lot while at WKM. But you lived in an apt in Thurber Village area owned by Rhody (Six Ventures) and taken over by another company and THEY (Towne Properties, receiver for Six Ventures)evicted you not all that long ago. So hopefully all that money you saved by not paying rent helped you get a Greyhound ticket to Houston.
sorry Teri not in Houston just on vacation no i did not get evicted check the public records (fcmc)but doing well btw town does not do receivership any more and it looks like your still not working
liarliar

Columbus, OH

#68 Jan 2, 2011
jbook wrote:
<quoted text>sorry Teri not in Houston just on vacation no i did not get evicted check the public records (fcmc)but doing well btw town does not do receivership any more and it looks like your still not working
The point is that eviction was filed on you, then you RAN like the chicken you are, cluck cluck
No one asked how well you are doing, but for some reason you find it necessary to convince everyone - no one cares about you or your so-called vacation. Please don't flatter yourself.

We now return to our regularly scheduled forum about DAVE RHODEHAMEL.
Worked there

Columbus, OH

#70 Jan 3, 2011
WKM Sucked wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, golly, most people would be “offended” by such a termination. I have no idea what is going on between you and the other poster but what I do know is that Wears Kahn McMenamy & Rhodehamel did nothing as far as maintenance unless a person held their feet to the fire. They (and YOU) ignored messages, certified letters, and didn’t lift a finger until rent was put into escrow. Of course, tenants who didn't want to bother fighting got fed up and left as soon as their lease was up or even before. The support staff was as big a joke as the partners; it was a revolving door. Yet they tried to present themselves as a classy, decent place of business. Delusional phonies. They all deserve anything bad that ever has or ever will happen to them.
Hey, I worked there just long enough to catch on to all of the bad dealings and shadiness and got the f*&% out of there as soon as I could find another job. I did the best I could for the tenants I was responsible for, but when you are a lowly receptionist and can only pass on messages to people that hold the purse strings, there is not a whole lot you can do but look for another job.

Also I rented from a property they managed, and when I found myself without gas (no heat or oven!) in December because Rhody embezzled the money we paid with rent for gas instead of passing it onto Columbia Gas, I learned exactly what kind of scumbag he was. He is a sweet-talking devil and deserves to rot in jail for a long while. I can't wait until they uncover all of the other stuff.
Blinded-by-the-R ight

Grove City, OH

#71 Jan 3, 2011
The Real P Citizen wrote:
<quoted text>
Yet, you still keep voting for the Republicans.
How TRUE of a Reply! Look at what the Republicans did to America From 1995 to the end of 2006!

Look at what John R. Kasich did as a Congressman! Look at the Bills he Voted for that allowed Wall Street to do what they did, and now the TAXPAYERS are paying for their BAIL OUT!

Americans are always looking for "QUICK FIX" to problems! The GREEDY GOP Caused this mess!

Self Responnsibility!
Interesting

United States

#72 Jan 3, 2011
Blinded AND the Real P - your posts are completely off topic. The internet has plenty of places for you to whine about politics; this isn't one of them.
Interesting

United States

#74 Jan 3, 2011
Blinded - obviously you are having trouble focusing on the topic. Try reading the heading, that sometimes helps. Also, get your meds refilled.
friend of a friend

United States

#75 Jan 3, 2011
Worked there wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey, I worked there just long enough to catch on to all of the bad dealings and shadiness and got the f*&% out of there as soon as I could find another job. I did the best I could for the tenants I was responsible for, but when you are a lowly receptionist and can only pass on messages to people that hold the purse strings, there is not a whole lot you can do but look for another job.
Also I rented from a property they managed, and when I found myself without gas (no heat or oven!) in December because Rhody embezzled the money we paid with rent for gas instead of passing it onto Columbia Gas, I learned exactly what kind of **** he was. He is a sweet-talking devil and deserves to rot in jail for a long while. I can't wait until they uncover all of the other stuff.
Was that in 2007 and 2008?
I know someone who worked there briefly and tells a similar story.
friend of a friend

United States

#76 Jan 3, 2011
Blinded-by-the-Right wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes this is the Place to remind readers that those who "Steal" from the INNOCENT, are Staunch Republicans! Like this Economic Meltdown we are in Caused by the GOP! You know the ones who profess their Faith in GOD while Deregulating Laws that Protected Americans Retirements and Investments!
There are other plaaces for you to be WINDY! BTW KMA!
^
^
^
Whackjob
(reported)
hmmm

United States

#77 Jan 3, 2011
I was thinking ADD. wish we had an ignore button.
Blinded-by-the-R ight

Grove City, OH

#78 Jan 3, 2011
Interesting wrote:
Blinded - obviously you are having trouble focusing on the topic. Try reading the heading, that sometimes helps. Also, get your meds refilled.
Hmm I read "Former property manager sentenced for defrauding client" Ok here is what should be in all News papers across the United States!

"Former and curent Republican Congress senteneced for defrauding Americans" this from the Lies they told America in 1994's "Contract with America"!

BTW, FYI you need more MEDS than I,dolt!
liar liar pants on fire

Columbus, OH

#79 Jan 3, 2011
liarliar wrote:
<quoted text>The point is that eviction was filed on you, then you RAN like the chicken you are, cluck cluck
No one asked how well you are doing, but for some reason you find it necessary to convince everyone - no one cares about you or your so-called vacation. Please don't flatter yourself.
We now return to our regularly scheduled forum about DAVE RHODEHAMEL.
so you working or just suing someone and i think jbook was responding to your comments
liar liar pants on fire

Columbus, OH

#80 Jan 3, 2011
so you working or just looking for someone to get a workers comp claim and i think jbook was responding to your comments
To Jim Booker

Nashport, OH

#81 Jan 3, 2011
liar liar pants on fire wrote:
so you working or just looking for someone to get a workers comp claim and i think jbook was responding to your comments
Hi! So lame - still on "vacation' in Houston? Ever do anything about that halitosis problem? Maybe when you swing back to Ohio to get some things from your storage locker you can visit Dave (as you know, he is actually in prison now). Don't forget to take him some cookies. Since you're "doing so well", drop a few dollars in his commisary account.
doing well

Columbus, OH

#82 Jan 4, 2011
dam teri didnt know you were so in to my life im back in town maybe you and i should have coffee since think you know so much about to my life or are you a cluck cluck
An Observer

United States

#83 Jan 4, 2011
friend of a friend wrote:
<quoted text>
Was that in 2007 and 2008?
I know someone who worked there briefly and tells a similar story.
It goes back a lot farther than 2007-8. Treated tenants like low-lifes. Hope it comes back to haunt all of them.
Aha

Barnesville, OH

#84 Jan 4, 2011
An Observer wrote:
<quoted text>
It goes back a lot farther than 2007-8. Treated tenants like low-lifes. Hope it comes back to haunt all of them.
When I read about this in the paper last year and then again the past couple weeks it all sounded familiar. Then I remembered I worked there on a temp assignment. The woman I was supposed to be helping spent all her time on personal calls dealing with all the drama in her life. The officer manager was a whiney, gossipy hen who for some reason had a lot of free time on her hands. Before I even warmed my chair she was telling me everyone’s personal business and stabbing people in the back. The receptionist was a nosey, pretentious old bat who sat at her desk reading magazines and used a freaking typewriter. The office seemed like a throwback to the 1970s, even the bathrooms were in need of renovation. Very few agents even came in, and the partners dropped in irregularly. I was there long enough to know they owned and “managed” a lot of properties (apartments and office buildings) so they must have had quite a lot of money coming in but who knows where it was going.

I remember Rhodehamel and his sister. Neither was very impressive (to me) but apparently the powers that be at WKM gave him a lot of power.

There was a lot of turnover and the office gave me a really creepy feeling. I was glad when the assignment was over; couldn’t wait to get out of there.
hmmm

Barnesville, OH

#85 Jan 4, 2011
doing well wrote:
dam teri didnt know you were so in to my life im back in town maybe you and i should have coffee since think you know so much about to my life or are you a cluck cluck
Houston Texas, I don't know who you are, or who it is you keep exchanging shots with or why, but if you don't want people to know about your life maybe you shouldn't come on an internet message board and volunteer so much information. You doth protest too much.
Interesting

Dallas, TX

#86 Jan 4, 2011
@ doing well
So, what are your thoughts about the David Rhodehamel situation? You haven't said, and that IS the topic.
memilitant

Hilliard, OH

#87 Jan 7, 2011
jbook wrote:
<quoted text>Obviously, you are still quite offended by your termination due to lack of productivity and ethics. Proof of this is failing to use your REAL name. And no I am not under investigation and doing very well
My name is Terry, not teri, and I only post under this name, not other names, so don't get me mixed up with these other bloggers. Yes I am yet quite offended by the illegal termination (whistle blower act) and you are real funny saying I had a lack of productivity and ethics. You are really one to talk about ethics (if you are the real Jim Booker). Do you remember telling me that you had an "interest" in the company and yelling at the entire staff during a January 2006 meeting NOT TO ASK FOR ANY PARTS FOR THE WHOLE YEAR? How are maintenance employees supposed to care for at least 800 units with no parts coming in for the whole year? You later bring up suing or workers comp, however I never sued you or Dave or accepted any workers comp after I was hurt twice due to a lack of safety at the properties now did I? Being under investigation wise, I only know what I was told and if I was you, I would double check that matter. If you are the real Jim Booker, Ima not interested in a cup of anything with you because when I think of all the shytering you were involved with against the residents, and even your own family while saying you were a real religious man, I don't want any part of you or those you are associated with. No part at all.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hilliard Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Wow Mon Marked 1
News 3rd Ave. closing Monday for 3 weeks Apr 21 They cannot kill ... 1
Siding cleaning Apr 20 Yiayiabarb 1
News UA police lieutenant retires as part of guilty ... Apr 3 Yeoseph 6
News Columbus, Ohio's coffee culture Mar '18 a1 b2 c3 d4 e5 f6... 1
News Missing adult alert canceled for Columbus area ... Mar '18 They cannot kill ... 3
Secrets Under The Parking Lot Feb '18 Starrsmile9997 1

Hilliard Jobs

Personal Finance

Hilliard Mortgages