Marie Thompson, Shepherdsville Trayvo...

Marie Thompson, Shepherdsville Trayvon Martin

Posted in the Highview Forum

First Prev
of 5
Next Last
Abraham Lincoln

Louisville, KY

#1 Mar 29, 2012
And she was a fighter... fought u white lynch mobbers all the way to the bitter end.

Death Year : 1904
Thompson lived in Shepherdsville, KY. In 1904, she killed her landlord, John Irvin, after he berated and kicked her son and attacked her with a knife. Thompson was a large woman who got the best of Irvin and cut his throat with his knife. She was arrested and jailed. A lynch mob of a dozen white men made a first attempt to take her from the jail cell. Their efforts were thwarted by a group of armed African American men; a shootout occurred and both parties retreated from the scene. Hours later, a much larger mob of white men succeeded in taking Thompson from the jailhouse; they then attempted to hang her, but while Thompson was swinging in the air, she grabbed a man by the collar and took a knife from him. She cut the length of rope that led to the noose around her neck and landed on the ground. Thompson was fighting her way through the mob when she was gunned down - June 14, 1904. More than 100 shots were fired at her. Marie Thompson died the next day in the Shepherdsville jail. For more see From Slavery to Freedom: a history of African Americans, 8th ed., by J. H. Franklin and A. A. Moss; and Ladies and Lynching: the gendered discourse of mob violence in the new South, 1880-1930, by C. E. Feimster (dissertation).

http://www.uky.edu/Libraries/NKAA/subject.php...
spartan

Pewee Valley, KY

#2 Mar 30, 2012
Abraham Lincoln wrote:
And she was a fighter... fought u white lynch mobbers all the way to the bitter end.
Death Year : 1904
Thompson lived in Shepherdsville, KY. In 1904, she killed her landlord, John Irvin, after he berated and kicked her son and attacked her with a knife. Thompson was a large woman who got the best of Irvin and cut his throat with his knife. She was arrested and jailed. A lynch mob of a dozen white men made a first attempt to take her from the jail cell. Their efforts were thwarted by a group of armed African American men; a shootout occurred and both parties retreated from the scene. Hours later, a much larger mob of white men succeeded in taking Thompson from the jailhouse; they then attempted to hang her, but while Thompson was swinging in the air, she grabbed a man by the collar and took a knife from him. She cut the length of rope that led to the noose around her neck and landed on the ground. Thompson was fighting her way through the mob when she was gunned down - June 14, 1904. More than 100 shots were fired at her. Marie Thompson died the next day in the Shepherdsville jail. For more see From Slavery to Freedom: a history of African Americans, 8th ed., by J. H. Franklin and A. A. Moss; and Ladies and Lynching: the gendered discourse of mob violence in the new South, 1880-1930, by C. E. Feimster (dissertation).
http://www.uky.edu/Libraries/NKAA/subject.php...
You trying to incite your own lynch mob? This is not the kind of thing that anybody needs to remember.And Trayvon Martin was killed by an overzealous Mexican for reasons that had nothing to do with race,so the two incidents don't really go hand in hand.Something you should know though.If you want racism dead,,,it starts with you.
Beyond the Grave

Shelbyville, KY

#3 Mar 30, 2012
most of the time People us the Race card because they are racist , Good point Spartan
Sheeplover

Shepherdsville, KY

#4 Mar 30, 2012
It seems that black America is trying to bully Florida into breaking their own laws.This is a tragedy..but young kids are killed everyday.Two black men burned a white boy in K. C....but the Fla. killing overshadowed it.
spartan

Pewee Valley, KY

#5 Mar 30, 2012
Beyond the Grave wrote:
most of the time People us the Race card because they are racist , Good point Spartan
Thank you.Glad you agree.
spartan

Pewee Valley, KY

#6 Mar 30, 2012
Sheeplover wrote:
It seems that black America is trying to bully Florida into breaking their own laws.This is a tragedy..but young kids are killed everyday.Two black men burned a white boy in K. C....but the Fla. killing overshadowed it.
What about the black boy who crushed the white boy's head with a rock during the L.A. riots and got away with it because he was black and got caught up in the moment? Never heard a peep out of white people about that.However,it's not the "entire" black community that's guilty of this,just a few radicals who happen to create a shock-wave that shine on all of them.In truth,a lot of black people are against the Panthers at the moment because they do realize exactly how it reflects on their race.
Abraham Lincoln

Louisville, KY

#7 Mar 30, 2012
spartan wrote:
<quoted text>You trying to incite your own lynch mob? This is not the kind of thing that anybody needs to remember.And Trayvon Martin was killed by an overzealous Mexican for reasons that had nothing to do with race,so the two incidents don't really go hand in hand.Something you should know though.If you want racism dead,,,it starts with you.
Is that a threat ? Why are you so sensitive ? Why can't I talk about a lynching that happened in YOUR crappy city ? Did u do it ? R u trying to cover something up ?

And yeah... I aint scared of no KKK... keep ur hood on, and stay inside where it's safe.
Abraham Lincoln

Louisville, KY

#8 Mar 30, 2012
Beyond the Grave wrote:
Good point wyte racist, thanks for covering up my wyte racism, glad I'm a wyte racist...

And nobody betta talk about Marie Thompson!
Marie Thompson

Louisville, KY

#9 Mar 30, 2012
Sheeplover wrote:
More racists... is there one person on here who isn't racist ?
Marie Thompson

Louisville, KY

#10 Mar 30, 2012
spartan wrote:
<quoted text>What about the black boy who crushed the white boy's head with a rock during the L.A. riots and got away with it because he was black and got caught up in the moment? Never heard a peep out of white people about that.However,it's not the "entire" black community that's guilty of this,just a few radicals who happen to create a shock-wave that shine on all of them.In truth,a lot of black people are against the Panthers at the moment because they do realize exactly how it reflects on their race.
George Zimmerman should be dead. That's justice. Eye for an Eye. And the descendents of Marie Thompson should file a wrong death suit against this county, and get paid. How u gonna deprive a person of life, and not give a damn ? Would u say the same if white kids were getting shot ?

Was Kentucky's own Michael Carneal a hero to you ?

And if we can't agree that murder is wrong, what can we say ?
spartan

Pewee Valley, KY

#11 Mar 30, 2012
Abraham Lincoln wrote:
<quoted text>
Is that a threat ? Why are you so sensitive ? Why can't I talk about a lynching that happened in YOUR crappy city ? Did u do it ? R u trying to cover something up ?
And yeah... I aint scared of no KKK... keep ur hood on, and stay inside where it's safe.
I ain't sensitive bro'.It just happens to be guys like you that make your kind look bad.Wanting something handed to you for free because you're too lazy to earn it,and using your ancestors misfortune as your platform to convey it.You and anyone like you are the most worthless individuals on the planet dude.And it's you who needs to stay tucked in where it's safe.A big mouth like that and self-righteous,whiny-ass attitude to go along with it just may give you more trouble than you want.
Abraham Lincoln

Louisville, KY

#12 Mar 30, 2012
spartan wrote:
<quoted text>I ain't sensitive bro'.It just happens to be guys like you that make your kind look bad.Wanting something handed to you for free because you're too lazy to earn it,and using your ancestors misfortune as your platform to convey it.You and anyone like you are the most worthless individuals on the planet dude.And it's you who needs to stay tucked in where it's safe.A big mouth like that and self-righteous,whiny-ass attitude to go along with it just may give you more trouble than you want.
Is this George Zimmerman ? Even if u aint, I bet it was YOUR ancestors that lynched Marie Thompson!

And please, pray tell, what "kind" am I ? There's no way to tell, but I know exactly what kind you are:

WYTE TRASH
lennyfromthedepo t

Mount Washington, KY

#13 Mar 30, 2012
there it comes some faimly from long ago and they want money to make it right are you racist or politician cause you certainly aint religious
Scarecrow

Louisville, KY

#15 Mar 30, 2012
Abraham Lincoln is Louisville's Johnny Masters. He has been absent for about three months. Now he is back, this guy is an urban basement dweller. He has been posting about the Trayvon case since it started. He is mentally ill and stupid on top of that.

I have no idea why he showed up here ???
Abraham Lincoln

Louisville, KY

#16 Mar 30, 2012
Why did Marie Thompson get murdered ?

Oh yeah!

That's because her landlord had KICKED her son!

And then he STABBED her !

Why did JOHN IRVIN, Shepherdsville son, kick her son, and stab her ? And if somebody STABS u, ur allowed to take their life. That's called being a man. Between Marie Thompson and John Irvin, and all the 200 white Shepherdsvillians who just watched, or who participated in the murder, Marie Thompson is a saint. I love her. I love you Marie Thompson! Cuz she was the only doing anything right. And we can see this clearly today.

Now u got Fox News, who lies more than tells the truth. Dont ask anybody watching Fox News if Iraq has WMD, cuz they'll say YES! Faux News makes u stupid! These racists have been trying to find every reason in the book to not accept the premise that Trayvon Martin was shot because he was Black.

Marie Thompson, and her son, who John Irvin kicked, also was killed because she was Black. Is that a race card ? Is that a thing I want to say ? Do u think I want to live in a severely racist, sick society, where nobody admits to their wyte supremacy disease ?

And it has nothing to do with money. It has to do with principle. Here's a chance to make things right, to do what's right. The Lynching Tree is like Jesus Christ's cross. In order to save yourself, and gain salvation, somebody had to die, and it was important for them to die, so that we could learn from it. Jesus died, and that wasn't cool. And then Shepherdsville killed their Jesus Christ: Marie Thompson. She didn't get a chance to live, and I wonder what happened to the young boy, who, like Trayvon Martin, was attacked because he was Black.

What would Jesus Do ?

Justice 4 Marie Thompson
Justice 4 Trayvon Martin
RIP Trayvon
RIP Marie
spartan

Pewee Valley, KY

#18 Mar 30, 2012
hahahaha wrote:
If you disagree with someone like this poster, they simply call you a "racist" to try to shut you down because they are not intellectual enough to formulate points to support their view.
Exactly.It makes it difficult to have any form of disagreement when someone claims racism every time.It's only a smokescreen,,,but effective it seems.And for the record,I'm not by any means racist,but someone bringing up a tragic story from over a hundred years ago,talking about reparations and attempting to stir up emotion,it makes me extremely unhappy.However,I'd be the same way with white people who might claim such lunacy,so at best,I guess it's fair to say that I'm an equal opportunity discriminator.I hate idiots. Thanks for your support kiddo.
Sheeplover

Mount Washington, KY

#19 Mar 30, 2012
I checked in the courthouse, where they keep all the important papers...didn't find any record of such an incident...but back then they probably didn't keep records on black crimes...waste of time in BULLITT COUNTY!!
Abraham Lincoln

Louisville, KY

#20 Mar 30, 2012
John Irvin sounds like just you guys. He was mean, cruel, owned slaves, and would slap Mammy Jane around! Mammy Jane! How barbaric! U've seen Gone with the Wind, u know what I'm talkin about...

And another thang:

#Trayvon Martin, Martyr in AmeriKKKa's Race War
#Marie Thompson, a fat black woman who died because she defended herself, like Trayvon Martin should have, and for being a Mama Grisley Bear, like Sarah Palin. RIP Marie Thompson RIP Trayvon Martin
Abraham Lincoln

Louisville, KY

#21 Mar 30, 2012
http://books.google.com/books...

After Marie Thompson was shot, the crowd cheered, like the sick wyte society they are.

The only reason John Irvin came at her with a knife was because after he evicted her off the property (and thus throwing her out of her home, making her child homeless, having no job, lost dignity, etc.), she walked real slow. That is all that is necessary to evoke the murderous savagery of the wyte race. She walked slowly after gettin evicted... so she didn't show enough scared cowardice in the face of meanness... she didn't cower... just because she was a proud Black Woman, that's why Marie Thompson got murdered. So John Irvin goes to get the knife, the knife eventually would be used to slit his own throat. As Marie Thompson was walk away slowly, John Irvin rushed her with the knife in hand, and was preparing to stab her from the back. BUT Marie Thompson was able to overpower the weak John Irvin, and turned the tables around. John Irvin lay dead.

Was it right ?

Yes.

Is Marie Thompson a Martyr in Shepherdsville ?

Yes.

Is there a memorial for Marie Thompson in Shepherdsville ? Is there any Black history museum ? How many black people in your town now ? How many other murders are there, deeply embedded and ingrained into the dominant wyte psyche, and the sexual neurosis they get when they are around more attractive people, with betta lookin bodies ?

When with the hate stop ?

Where is the Love ?
Sheeplover

Mount Washington, KY

#22 Mar 30, 2012
In B.C. theres a saying, kill a mule,buy another one...kill a slave buy another one ...KKK the original boys in the hood!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 5
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Highview Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Richlawn Music Thread (Apr '16) 30 min Musikologist 3
Who knows lady who was just found murdered? 37 min Teddy 59
News Coroner removes body from incident near My Old ... 41 min Mike 7
Jacob Mcmasters 1 hr real 6
stealing 1 hr had enough 3
Trump for President, He will win. watch 2 hr Common sense 1,949
Record Murder Rate 5 hr Bunch of wannabes 17

Highview Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance