Which is better Advance Auto Parts or...

Which is better Advance Auto Parts or Autozone ?

Posted in the Highview Forum

First Prev
of 5
Next Last
Just Us

Sextons Creek, KY

#1 Jun 18, 2010
I say Advance, They have better prices and better parts. The ZONE has more pretty parts,you Know LOTT'S of stick on crome,sticker,and tint. The people at advance are friendly and very helpful. The zone's people act like they are doing you a favor just waiting on you! But you know that's (Just Us)!
Car Guy

Florence, KY

#2 Jun 18, 2010
I say advanced. I used to go to Autozone, then one day I went into the one in shepherdsville for a cheap car battery. The guy that waited on me not only gets my battery, but gets grease, and some other nonsense that I didn't need. I told him that I didn't need it, and he got all bent out of shape as if he worked on commission. He said I needed it, and if I new how to take care of a battery, I wouldn't be in the store buying a new one. My battery was 9 years old... Anyway, autozone guys are douchebags, I shop at Napa, or Advance if I am in a hurry. Advance will price match Autozone as well.
aldsjf

Florence, KY

#4 Jun 20, 2010
Car Guy wrote:
I say advanced. I used to go to Autozone, then one day I went into the one in shepherdsville for a cheap car battery. The guy that waited on me not only gets my battery, but gets grease, and some other nonsense that I didn't need. I told him that I didn't need it, and he got all bent out of shape as if he worked on commission. He said I needed it, and if I new how to take care of a battery, I wouldn't be in the store buying a new one. My battery was 9 years old... Anyway, autozone guys are douchebags, I shop at Napa, or Advance if I am in a hurry. Advance will price match Autozone as well.
Had a similar situation happen to me... Hope car guy number 2 is getting a discount for his services, what a homo.
rtp

Louisville, KY

#6 Jul 1, 2010
I vote advance over autozone as well. Not sure the guy's name in advance but he's always there and always been very helpful. From boats to diesels that guy knows a little bit about everything.. and yea i always feel rushed and like a bother when im in autozone.
Hillbilly

Louisville, KY

#7 Jul 1, 2010
Advance. The only downfall is the young guy that works there that thinks he knows everything. Other that that its a awesome place.
PISSED OFF

Sextons Creek, KY

#8 Jul 14, 2010
well i can tell you that not all the guys at autozone in shepherdsville are douchbags my brother is a manager there and he is a great guy and would help anyone there and so would a bunch of the other guys
try going

New Albany, IN

#9 Jul 15, 2010
The next time you have a check engine light on try going to 3 or 4 different autozones. I did and every one told me it was something different. It ended up being a bad vacuum hose.
Another

Carrollton, KY

#10 Jul 16, 2010
Discount auto parts in Salt River ... been there forever, and locals own it ... not some countywide chain crap .. try them not as high either !!
shep

United States

#11 Jul 16, 2010
they both suck i alway get wrong parts they dont know what they r doing I go to O'reily's now
mopar guy

Wadsworth, OH

#12 Jul 10, 2011
did you know that advanced is a company that was started by former autozone employees? they will never be able to touch autozone in sales because they couldn't make it in the company in the first place. autozone sells namebrand parts just with their logos on them. duralast suspension = federal mogal or moog, duralast batteries = johnson controls same makers of die hards, ect. autozone matches prices and usually has a well organized readily available inventory. i say autozone is my favorite autoparts store. employees are always nice and there is usually one or two that have decent automotive knowledge.
Know it all

Lexington, KY

#13 Jul 11, 2011
I started using Advance about 6 months ago and they are far better than Auto Zone. And if you use the internet discount the prices are VERY good, like $20 off a $50 purchase almost 50% off any purchase. Auto Zone never has anything like that.
Deserving

Carrollton, KY

#14 Jul 11, 2011
Shepherdsville Discount Auto Parts, locally owned, and a whole lot cheaper with excellent parts !
bdauto

Mckeesport, PA

#15 Aug 6, 2011
mopar guy wrote:
did you know that advanced is a company that was started by former autozone employees? they will never be able to touch autozone in sales because they couldn't make it in the company in the first place. autozone sells namebrand parts just with their logos on them. duralast suspension = federal mogal or moog, duralast batteries = johnson controls same makers of die hards, ect. autozone matches prices and usually has a well organized readily available inventory. i say autozone is my favorite autoparts store. employees are always nice and there is usually one or two that have decent automotive knowledge.
ok most of this is true except advance was founded in the 1930's because I worked there and autozone was founded in the 1970's so you dont know what you are talking about in that regard. and johnson controls makes almost every car battery you can buy including car manufacturer batteries
space cadet

Mount Washington, KY

#16 Aug 6, 2011
advanced
mopar guy

Wadsworth, OH

#17 Aug 8, 2011
bdauto wrote:
<quoted text>ok most of this is true except advance was founded in the 1930's because I worked there and autozone was founded in the 1970's so you dont know what you are talking about in that regard. and johnson controls makes almost every car battery you can buy including car manufacturer batteries
it wouldn't be the first time something was posted on the internet that wasn't true. just going by what i had heard elsewhere. sorry for the misconception but i think the main point i'm trying to get across is that no matter where you buy your parts they will most likely be the same brands or similar quality. i hear a lot of people saying certain stores sell junk parts. in most cases autozone has the same parts as advance, napa, carquest, orielly's ect. i guess the main argument comes down to price and customer service and autozone in my town has everyone beat in those categories.
spartan

Louisville, KY

#18 Aug 8, 2011
Another wrote:
Discount auto parts in Salt River ... been there forever, and locals own it ... not some countywide chain crap .. try them not as high either !!
What planet do you live on? Discount Auto is the most expensive place in nine counties on about eighty-five percent of their product.Naive old-timers who are still under the impression that their loyalty is still appreciated somewhere is the only reason it still exists.And I have yet to have either Auto Zone or Advance give me any grief about returning merchandise,whether it be faulty,wrong size,or I just wanted my money back for beer.And though both of them sell remanufactured parts which are notorious for breaking within the first three miles,exchange is something that you inform them that you will be doing,not asking permission.Simple as that with both of them.Auto Zone will even match any lower price you can find,though I'm not sure if Advance incorporates the same policy.And even though the environment is much more friendly at Advance than Auto Zone,they are both very professional and provide a very valuable service with free battery,alternator,and starter check as well as the loan a tool that only requires a blank check that can be retrieved upon the safe and clean return of their tools.Therefore,I deal with both chains on a regular basis and am extremely pleased that both of them came to my neighborhood.But to be fair,the prices was fairly competetive on muffler clamps at Discount the last time I was in.
AAP

Roanoke, VA

#19 Dec 1, 2011
Well, this has been an interesting read and overall the majority has voted for Advance! Awesome! Since I am an avid AAP customer as well as been working for Advance for near 13 yrs I thought I would chime in on a few things. 1st, yes WE price match. 2nd, yes WE are 2nd in the retail market just behind auto zone. 3rd, yes we were founded in the 30's. Now here are some others. We own Discount Auto, we kept their name for obvious reasons. Our founder did NOT work for auto zone. And as for being 2nd do some research and see the last time auto zone opened or expanded anything. AAP continues to open 100's of stores and new distributions centers. We are getting ready to "ring the bell" as a fortune 500 company and surpass auto, um auto, help me out who are they again?
ADVANCE

Louisville, KY

#20 Jan 8, 2012
Advance auto parts by far!!! Love them, they have always been helpful an they have the best employees you could ask for!!!
Matt

Philadelphia, PA

#21 Jan 15, 2012
mopar guy wrote:
Dude you are so wrong in a million and one ways. Do your self a favor and do some research before you go off running your mouth you idiot. And no I don't work for ''Advanced'' it's actually Advance. I'm employeed at Autozone
Matt

Philadelphia, PA

#22 Jan 15, 2012
AAP wrote:
Well, this has been an interesting read and overall the majority has voted for Advance! Awesome! Since I am an avid AAP customer as well as been working for Advance for near 13 yrs I thought I would chime in on a few things. 1st, yes WE price match. 2nd, yes WE are 2nd in the retail market just behind auto zone. 3rd, yes we were founded in the 30's. Now here are some others. We own Discount Auto, we kept their name for obvious reasons. Our founder did NOT work for auto zone. And as for being 2nd do some research and see the last time auto zone opened or expanded anything. AAP continues to open 100's of stores and new distributions centers. We are getting ready to "ring the bell" as a fortune 500 company and surpass auto, um auto, help me out who are they again?
Actually your third bioach O'Reilly done passed ya

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 5
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Highview Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Theives in Shepherdsville 23 min Reader 2
Snitches (Jan '11) 36 min ttfn 119
#####Bary Neal Gray##### WARNING 55 min True 4
My house was broke into 1 hr man man 37
The Village IDIOTS OF LAZY RIVER NORTH!!! 1 hr Grow up 2
Why do girls from shepherdsville look like they... 1 hr got around aallll... 4
Poll Growing up at St .Thomas St .Vincent Orphanage ? (Sep '10) 1 hr Terry Risley 96
More from around the web

Highview People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Highview Mortgages