Comments
1 - 20 of 29 Comments Last updated Mar 5, 2013
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
me again

United States

#1 Feb 15, 2013
Why would anybody think he was a hero? He renounced America so he could avoid the draft, that makes him a coward. Plus he became a stinking Muslim. What a pig.
-Masters-

Louisville, KY

#2 Feb 15, 2013
Cassius Clay helped found Berea College.
me again

United States

#3 Feb 15, 2013
Ok. He was wealthy, and his conscience bothered him. I heard a lot of his early interviews. He hated white folks. That makes him a racist.
-Masters-

Louisville, KY

#4 Feb 15, 2013
Berea College was the first college to be integrated.

“Simplicity Complicates Things”

Since: Feb 13

Location hidden

#5 Feb 16, 2013
Berea College was the first because things were changing in this country at the time, and they wanted to be on record as being "Number 1". Cassius Clay AKA Muhammad Ali was and is labeled a racist. It seems he claims to be better than anyone else. I'm not saying this. He's proclaimed it himself. So l please don't say that I'm judging him.
-Masters-

Louisville, KY

#6 Feb 16, 2013
Its America. Everybody's a racist. Since 1492. Or for Ky, since 1775, when Danny Boone can trippin' in here. Muhammad Ali was and is and always will be, the Greatest.

http://www.youtube.com/watch... .

Also, funny how yall push building a school off to the side to hurry up and tell the world how much u hate this man... whose about to Parkinson out of this world. Do u normally like to pick on grandparents who are about dead? Ali was the 60s. Get over it. He shocked yall, and every generation afterwards is going to love him... b/c... he... was... right. Fk Vietnam war. Fk Oppressors. Fk Haters.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cassius_Marcellu... (politician)

Paint shire comes in here, pretend'n to b nice, and immediately jumps on the "I hate Muhammad Ali" bandwagon... using his slave name, and not his Muslim name, BUT, do point out that he is a Muslim... this post was made out of malice by a RACIST. "Hey everybody! Look! This black man, who lives in white america, is a racist!" Good thang he was... if not, yall sent him overseas, got his head blown off, and pretend'd like it was a good thing, fight'n for freedom propaganda...

This is Cassius Clay. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cassius_Marcellu... (politician) He's the one who started Berea College: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Berea_College This is the man Ali was named after. Actually, it's who his daddy was named after.

Interesting how "good" people would delete his legacy... think'n he started a school... http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Berea_College

How many skools u fools start? So you thought he started a University, which was integrated, and yet, that still wasn't good enuf for u? Wat's he got to do to earn ur respect? Knock u out? Blow ya? Seems impossible... those who act on their hatred, those who start the hate... they're the ones who send us all spiral'n out of control. Stop the racism. Stop the hatred.

Muhammad Ali is the greatest citizen to come out of KKKentucKKKe...

After Ali won the Gold Medal in Rome in the 1960s, he came back, and was denied service at a Restaurant. Even after winning the GOLD for America, and being treated like a God in Europe, in Italy, has to come back here, and endure that stupid racial oppression... the same racial oppression that began in the US since 1492, w/ the racialization of slavery.

So Ali leaves, but then he's followed by racist bikers, who chase him, and tries to murder him. Ali realizes what America was, and while on the bridge, threw his Gold Medals into the Ohio River.

Only a real lame person would pick on a grandpa about to die... and even worse, would tell the world, a Champion, the Greatest, who the world automatically knows, and anybody who opens their eyes, that's he's no good. No... yall no good.

Go out start a University... and when u do, tell me about it. Usuually I encourage good works and good behavior... but w/ you, I'll say, "Yeah... sure, he started a University... but he was a racist... so who cares? Fk 'em." But u know what. You'll never start a University. All you do is start race wars. It's easier just to say the N-word, than to build an entire school system. I see what caliber of "men" I am deal'n w/ here.

Location hidden

#7 Feb 17, 2013
I didn't say, "I hate Muhammad Ali". How dare you accuse me of saying that I hate anyone? I merely stated a fact that he himself proclaimed. Facts that are documented. I also called him by his birth name, as well. He was one of the greatest fighters that ever lived. Also a fact. And if he chose to be a muslim, obviously it's because that is his belief. He has a right to do so.

Your opinion has merit, as does mine. Both of us have our rights to our opinions. I'm not stepping on your rights or anyone else's, so don't step on mine. And don't put words in my mouth. Twisting the words of another person is how rumors and gossip gets started.

I don't hate anyone. I do reserve the right to dislike their actions, though.

Have a nice day,-Masters-.
-Masters-

Louisville, KY

#8 Feb 17, 2013
I appreciate it, Paint Shire. Opinions are one thing, but sometimes folks are wrong... Ali beat the shyt outta somebody for call'n him Cassius, so by us'n that name, it's insult'n to his legacy, and can only assume it's hatred. Maybe not... or maybe so. I can almost guarantee u this thread was posted by some racist, and so therefore add'n to it, well... I think it's wrong. The man's about dead. Whatever u have a problem w/, it's something that happened in the 60s and 70s. That's a long time ago. Plus, w how segregation was the rule of the day back then, he was right... also, w/ Vietnam, he was right, and he stood in splendid isolation, the only man stick'n to the confines of his conscience, and say'n "I aint got no quarrel w/ them vietcong... no vietcong eva called me a nicker." Which is right. No Vietcong... no Afghani... no Iraqi... no Irani... no Malian... no Yemenese... no El Salvadorian... none of them have called any person of color, the same thing the LAPD call'd Chris Dorner.

Location hidden

#9 Feb 17, 2013
I agree with you, -Masters-. And I have no problems with the past. I merely stated a fact. But, the racism in this country...and some parts of the world is indeed wrong. I've never judged anyone for any reason, especially for the color of their skin. I simply don't care what a person's back ground, or race, creed, color, etc. is. I do my best to love everyone. I just wish everyone would do the same. All people of this world are here to live the best way they can. All people should try to get along. But, I know this is not possible. Someone, somewhere is going to balk and gripe about something someone did, and sometimes it really rubs against my grains. All I can do is pray and hope changes come, and quickly. Too many people are suffering the consequences of people with bad morals and wrong ideas. And thank you for your opinions. Believe it or not, I'm on your side. Forgive me if I came across wrong. Not my intent.
-Masters-

Louisville, KY

#10 Feb 17, 2013
I think you're a really nice person Paint Shire, I am not mad... at anybody. Maybe those who I want to care, but who refuse to do so... but I got to realize folks who dont love you, won't. You can't make them. You can only keep on do'n you... and find some new friends.
-Masters-

Louisville, KY

#11 Feb 17, 2013
...and I loves me the Golden Rule... just finished talking about the Catholic Virtues... Prudence... Fortitude... Temperance... and... something else. Also talked about the 7 Deadly Sins... the Beattitudes... and it all comes down, to the Golden Rule... it's so perfect, so universally shared, and so very very logical. I dont want to get hit, so I dont hit others. I dont want to be killed, so I dont kill. It's perfect.

But I liked talk'n about the Catholic Virtues b/c there's more ideas here... to theorize w/... fortitude... courage... Free Will... what's right... what's wrong... these conversations are invaluable... and since skool is squash'n spirits, maybe the Church could benefit from uplift'n 'em for a change.

“I got my ass beat by the cops”

Gallitin co, Ky

#12 Feb 17, 2013
me again wrote:
Why would anybody think he was a hero? He renounced America so he could avoid the draft, that makes him a coward. Plus he became a stinking Muslim. What a pig.
Don't forget to mention that he's a draft-dodging coward too.
-Masters-

Louisville, KY

#13 Feb 17, 2013
Wow man... ur f'd up.

“I got my ass beat by the cops”

Gallitin co, Ky

#14 Feb 17, 2013
Casius Clay is a coward and a traitor to the US. If I saw that crippled punk I'd punch him right in the face.
lol

Louisville, KY

#15 Feb 17, 2013
I just want to lick his balls. Ali is so sexy. Actually, all black folks are. That's why I'm racist. #jealousy ;)

Location hidden

#16 Feb 17, 2013
-Masters- wrote:
...and I loves me the Golden Rule... just finished talking about the Catholic Virtues... Prudence... Fortitude... Temperance... and... something else. Also talked about the 7 Deadly Sins... the Beattitudes... and it all comes down, to the Golden Rule... it's so perfect, so universally shared, and so very very logical. I dont want to get hit, so I dont hit others. I dont want to be killed, so I dont kill. It's perfect.
But I liked talk'n about the Catholic Virtues b/c there's more ideas here... to theorize w/... fortitude... courage... Free Will... what's right... what's wrong... these conversations are invaluable... and since skool is squash'n spirits, maybe the Church could benefit from uplift'n 'em for a change.
I'm not catholic, but I am a believer. I love to hear the views and beliefs of people. I don't know much, so I want to learn all I can about the bible and the teachings, history, and the prophecies in it. Like you, I think the golden rule is so important, and I find that I haven't done a very good job of practicing this rule in my past. So, I want to be better. I want to be a good christian.
-Masters-

Louisville, KY

#17 Feb 17, 2013
I want be'n good to matta. I want just do'n good to be a good enuf motivation for accomplish'n thangs. It's hard when u in a league all on ur own... tired of hav'n this same stupid conversation w/ myself.
me again

Duluth, GA

#18 Feb 17, 2013
I'm the one who started this thread. My point was not about racism, but the Muslim "religion". Check it out, don't take my word for it, just be diligent.
-Masters-

Louisville, KY

#19 Feb 17, 2013
There's plenty to freak out about the Muslim religion. For one, Mohammad's a pedophile. A rapist. A violent womanizer. With multiple wives.
me again

Cynthiana, KY

#20 Feb 18, 2013
-Masters- wrote:
There's plenty to freak out about the Muslim religion. For one, Mohammad's a pedophile. A rapist. A violent womanizer. With multiple wives.
So why make a hero of Ali?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Highview Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
KY What's mitch McConnell done for coal, when ther... 4 min KissMyBlackAss 1,525
Melanie Roberts is a JOKE as Judge/Executive (Jul '10) 21 min hmmmm 123
Cindy Cummings (Jun '12) 36 min Katey 56
Rick pitino 2 hr Makerfan 1
KY Hundreds of birds die in western Ky. (Jan '11) 5 hr Ancient Wolf 81,599
Do you approve of Joetta Bass Calhoun as Mayor? (Jun '12) 5 hr Billy Bob 136
At least 1 person shot on South 37th Street in ... 6 hr Disgusted 7
•••
•••

Highview Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••