Mt. Washington council passes propert...

Mt. Washington council passes property tax increase

There are 249 comments on the The Courier-Journal story from Oct 25, 2011, titled Mt. Washington council passes property tax increase. In it, The Courier-Journal reports that:

The Mount Washington City Council voted Monday to raise real estate and personal property taxes for 2012.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Courier-Journal.

CHR

Bowling Green, KY

#202 Oct 15, 2012
Clifton Hudson should run for mayor!
SUV

Sonora, KY

#203 Oct 15, 2012
CHR wrote:
Clifton Hudson should run for mayor!
Beats Kia Queen and her court: Armstrong and Gentry.
Chester

Sonora, KY

#204 Oct 26, 2012
Voters, election time is near, be sure to remember that Armstrong and Gentry voted to increase their salaries and voted to increase your taxes to pay for those increases.

For a real money saving change, don't vote for Armstrong or Gentry on Nov 6th.
Chester

Greensburg, KY

#205 Nov 5, 2012
Please don't vote for Armstrong or Gentry!
YO

Louisville, KY

#206 Nov 5, 2012
Please vote for Gentry. Get rid of Hockenbury, and Dooley and this city will be a much better place but after we get rid of this mayor is when we will see some real change for the better!!!!
Chester

Greensburg, KY

#207 Nov 6, 2012
YO wrote:
Please vote for Gentry. Get rid of Hockenbury, and Dooley and this city will be a much better place but after we get rid of this mayor is when we will see some real change for the better!!!!
Above comment by Armstrong??
We all know he wants the Mayor's position. Remember, he pushed long and hard for the Mayor's salary increase to (right under $60,000.00 a year). How he wants that part time job making the easy money. A real community leader, NOT!!
YO

Louisville, KY

#208 Nov 6, 2012
Chester wrote:
<quoted text>Above comment by Armstrong??
We all know he wants the Mayor's position. Remember, he pushed long and hard for the Mayor's salary increase to (right under $60,000.00 a year). How he wants that part time job making the easy money. A real community leader, NOT!!
Looks like the citizens spoke. Only change is Griffin is out and Wheeler is in!!!!!!
Tommy

Louisville, KY

#209 Nov 6, 2012
Chester wrote:
Please don't vote for Armstrong or Gentry!
Are you out there Chester??? Were you pleased with the election results???
jojog

Mount Washington, KY

#210 Nov 6, 2012
Tommy wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you out there Chester??? Were you pleased with the election results???
Where are you getting your results? I can't find any on Bullitt.
Chester

Greensburg, KY

#211 Nov 7, 2012
YO wrote:
<quoted text>
Looks like the citizens spoke. Only change is Griffin is out and Wheeler is in!!!!!!
Thanks Greg, you sure didn't get re-elected because of your contributions to the city. Hard to beat family votes!
YO

Columbus, OH

#212 Nov 7, 2012
Chester wrote:
<quoted text>Thanks Greg, you sure didn't get re-elected because of your contributions to the city. Hard to beat family votes!
LOL!!!!!!
Chester

Greensburg, KY

#213 Nov 7, 2012
Luck?
Tommy

Louisville, KY

#214 Nov 7, 2012
Chester wrote:
Luck?
You should run for Mayor.
Chester

Greensburg, KY

#215 Nov 8, 2012
Tommy wrote:
<quoted text>
You should run for Mayor.
What's your point?
Tommy

Louisville, KY

#216 Nov 8, 2012
Chester wrote:
<quoted text>
What's your point?
You seem to be so much smarter than everyone else go buy you some signs and run!
Chester

Greensburg, KY

#217 Jan 18, 2013
Burrr....why waste time. The dogs of Mt Washington continue to get elected over some very good candidates. Can't beat the family and friends vote.
I figure they continue to vote them back into office so they don't have help support them financially.
Besides why give up the warm weather.

If you believe me, check and see how much of a raise they voted themselves. Dishonest group of bible carriers.
How are you doing, billy bob the mayor.
Chester

Columbia, KY

#218 Feb 2, 2013
WOW!!!
check out the readers forum in today's 2/2 CJ. interesting comment by one of mt washington's finest. she centers the article around officals increasing "their" salary's to get the smartest politicans into office. sounds like she read the democrats response as to why they raised the mayor and council members pay a few years back. if memories correct, they said...to get the best people in mt washington to run for city offices.
maybe, just maybe, if this person would practice what she preaches and not vote for the same people, i.e. family and friends, the rest of the state wouldn't consider us something less than a one horse town.
i agree with one point she made. if everyone would get out and vote for someone who's smart enough to run the city, we wouldn't have the tax and spend folks in office.

just wondering!
Hiccup

Lebanon, KY

#219 Feb 4, 2013
Chester wrote:
WOW!!!
check out the readers forum in today's 2/2 CJ. interesting comment by one of mt washington's finest. she centers the article around officals increasing "their" salary's to get the smartest politicans into office. sounds like she read the democrats response as to why they raised the mayor and council members pay a few years back. if memories correct, they said...to get the best people in mt washington to run for city offices.
maybe, just maybe, if this person would practice what she preaches and not vote for the same people, i.e. family and friends, the rest of the state wouldn't consider us something less than a one horse town.
i agree with one point she made. if everyone would get out and vote for someone who's smart enough to run the city, we wouldn't have the tax and spend folks in office.
just wondering!
I'll drink to that,Chester, and so will the mayor!

hiccup! hiccup! hiccup!
Hiccup

Columbia, KY

#220 Apr 19, 2013
Latest warning mt washington citizens, another tax increase is pending. Good source informs me the big three, calhoun, armstrong and gentry are discussing how to increase their pay.

The only way possible would be to increase your taxes. Just another example of how the tax and spend group operates.
It's your money!
Hoover

Lebanon, KY

#221 May 9, 2013
Mayor Calhoun, it's spring time, you know! Time to get that sleeper sweeper into action. So get off your duff and do something worth while, utilize the $$ you spent. Actually wasted considering the sweeper you purchased was not the best bang for the bucks. Maybe because it purchased it from a "friend" ??????? Bet so!!

Like side walks? Just wondering.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Highview Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Trump for President, He will win. watch 1 hr IQofOrange 1,890
So many people who leave Kentucky, come back. ... (Jul '07) 2 hr Angel 463
News Megachurches multiplying in Louisville, nationwide (Nov '06) Nov 4 ol school 14
Highview Music Forum (Mar '13) Mar '16 Musikologist 9
News Halton Hospital firm suspended in parking penal... (Jul '15) Jul '15 alarm 1
Election Who do you support for County Judge / Executive... (Oct '10) Jun '13 Lorelei Schnect 12
News Comments sought on Cooper Chapel extension (Oct '10) Nov '10 Dave 4

Highview Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Highview Mortgages